Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
olive

Bah Humbug Atmospheric Spray

Cedar wood, dry stout, twigs, boot leather, vanilla-infused benzoin, patchouli, and coal dust.

Fantastic! This smells like December at midnight, pitch silence, just snow falling. This has a really "big" and serious feel to it, icy and dark, a bit like Troll meets Laudanum but this is far more intriguing than either of those on their own. Leather, dust, and really unique spices (you'll know what I mean when you smell this). I'll go through this room spray bottle in no time.

bahhumbugsm6.jpg

WOW!

This Bah Humbug Spray was the surprise hit of the Inquisition for me.

I thought it would be too manly. But it isn't.

It makes my room smell rich! lol

It is a very deep complex scent. It does have an icy darkness to it, but its like the icy darkness is outside and inside it is warm and inviting.

5 STARS.

2 Thumbs up.

Yeah baby!

This smells great!

The initial blast is cold and clean - I think it's the coal dust? IDK.. Then Cedar and Twigs appear with the Vanilla and Benzoin to really warm it up. Nice!

I love these Atmosphere sprays. This is super sophisticated and was really just what I was hoping for.

BRAVO!

stream of consciousness review:

Wow, this smells much prettier than I expected it to. But at the same time, it almost has a masculine vibe. Mostly it's just rich, sweet and deep. I get primarily cedar and vanilla (and I'm guessing the benzoin gives it that little extra sweet kick) and a hint of generic holiday spice I can't attribute to anything in particular - but maybe that's the patchouli combined with the cedar. It all blends really well. Lovely, and not much patch or leather or twigs at all - and I think it was those notes that made me expect something more sinister. That's okay, I have All Hallow's Eve for that.

Sweet and rich and complex.

This is how those bachelor apartments smell in Romance Novels...and definitely do not smell like in real life. Hee hee!

I spritzed Bah Humbug on our guest bathroom shower curtain yesterday (two spritzes), left the bathroom door open, and it scented the entire first floor of our house (and we have a pretty big house, I think). There's crazy throw and staying power with this one.

I love the first couple hours of this. I can't pick out most of the listed notes, except for the vanilla, but they all meld together to make a really fantastic winter fragrance.

I'm not sure why, but this smells like Christmas trees to me at first. It's woody and slightly pine-y, and that woodsy smell is covered in the most wonderful vanilla. It's like a serious vanilla hard candy or vanilla frosting with grainy sugar. The vanilla and benzoin really blend together to make an awesome vanilla with a golden, amber-like edges. After a half hour or so, an amazing spiciness joins the mix. It's a bit like cinnamon, but not as obnoxious as cinnamon usually smells to me. A woody, dry, sweet, mellow cinnamon-esque spice. Occasionally I catch a hint of something like leather or anise. Oddly, I wouldn't say this smells foodie or edible to me, even with the vanilla. It smells like Christmas trees, spice to warm away winter, sweetly resinous vanilla, wood, and warm, inviting homes.

For about six hours I was loving this. Then it died down so that I couldn't really smell it in the rest of the house, but only in the guest bathroom where I'd initially sprayed it. It was overpowering and dry smelling in that room. The next morning, it's still crazy-strong in that room, and it smells like dust, like I drenched the bathroom in a dusty, dry amber. It makes me feel like I need to dust and clean that room, lol.

I loved this while it was wafting throughout the house. I don't think that I'll spray this on linens or pillows or anything like that in the future, though, because the staying power is intense and I don't like the dusty drydown after 6 hours. Plus, this a very strong room spray, so I think that one spritz into the air will be wonderful on its own.

All in all, I love this. It's one of my favorite room sprays, definitely. I'll just be using this one as one quick spritz into the air rather than several spritzes or as a linen spray.

Edited by Little Bird

Mmm.

This is a very woodsy, twiggy, campfire-y aroma. In fact, it smells like the favorite bits of Yankee Candle's Fireside candle, with a whiff of something yeasty (stout?). The leather, if present, is clean and not overpowering at all. There's a smattering of resin, but to me this is a woodsmoke, tasty aroma. Snuggly. It doesn't really amp up in my car, so this'll definitely be an atmosphere, at home kinda spray.

I really really like it. *grabbypaws*

Bah Humbug

For a scent inspired by Scrooge, this smells so Christmassy! It smells like evergreen branches and winter smoke! There’s something to it evocative of cool winter air, but overall the scent is quite warm. I smell a fir or pine note, even though nothing like that is listed (unless it’s the twigs?). I suppose the smoke is the coal dust note. I smell cedar which in here smells almost like spiced sandalwood. I do smell something warmly spicy and even musky, reminiscent of Devil’s Night. Maybe it’s the booze note? I also smell sweet vanilla-benzoin, and subtle leather and earthy patchouli. But I’m sure there’s something musky, almost incense-like to it too. It’s really nice. A lot nicer than expected-I was expecting heavy leather, smoky coal and strong woods, but the sweet notes and that unexpected pine note prevail, and overall this is a cosy and approachable scent. A perfect winter scent! :heart:

The cedar is lovely and the strongest note. It’s very pleasantly forest like at first sniff. I am betting some of those twigs are pine. Give it time and the vanilla/leather combo comes out. It’s a beautiful balance between snowy winter woods and the leather foodie edge. Yum. If this were a cologne I would wear it.

Crazy throw on this one! It's very strongly scented and one spray is good enough for a large room. Sort of masculine, but in a nice way - cedar and a tiny bit of leather and patchouli - it's more woody than leathery and it's quite nice! I probably would not have purchased this by itself, but all the same I'll still be using mine and enjoy it :)

Oh man, I got sweet coal dustyness and cedar in the background. I'm not entirely sure what to make of it. It's warm, it's definitely Bah! Humbug! and very Christmassy in that sense... but I'm not sure I like it.

I'll have to test again! :lol:

First whif this smells like....... MAN!

Like really good hot distinguished intelligent sophisticated man. Puddin? Is this you?

I'm such the sucker for a man scent. So I sprayed some at work today...and it's totally distracting me from work :) (like that is a bad thing on a Monday) And each time I leave my office and come back...MAN scent hits me again and I swoon!

It's All of the above during a winter....it's that good hot distinguished intelligent sophisticated man in a warm yule sweater by the fire drinking something.....distinguished and intelligent and sohpisticated.

OOOOF DA!

I completely agree with the man-scent review above me. ;) This is a hott dude. I like this spray a lot [although Yet to Come is my fave]. It is woody, a touch of resin, the barest hint of leather. Manly. But not too sophisticated; it's manly and rugged, I think. Manly Man is a little rough around the edges, and he's not afraid to do a hard day's work. Less a man in a library than a man who keeps horses. But doesn't smell like them. Ok maybe just a little like the saddle and boot leather. ;)

I am very pleased with this one and will happily use up the bottle I have of it.

Warm, masculine, wintry. Definitely dry-woody cedar, that smells sort of like woodfire (coal dust?), and a very rich vanilla-resin, almost sticky. Not much twigs, and lightly earthy patchouli. The leather & stout add a fresh/clean feel that keeps this light. This is what a gentleman's house smells like over the holidays.

I am sooooo happy to have this! The fragrance from this spray is stunning.. the wood and leather are rich and intoxicating, and the stout adds a touch of syrupy sweetness that mingles beautifully with the patchouli. Coal dust.. yep, I get that too - it's not strong, but there's just a hint of old fireplace here. I don't get straight-up vanilla, which is just fine because that would never have worked, but there's still a vanilla presence in there. I'm also getting something like apple cider - very faint, but it's there.

If I were to live in a log cabin in the woods, I would want it to smell like this. All the time. And I totally agree with previous reviewers - there's something very sexy man about it.. should I ever discover a man that actually smells like this, he'll be in big trouble.

This stuff is so delicious that I've taken to spritzing it in the air and then standing under where I sprayed so that some of it lands in my hair and on my clothes - if you haven't tried that yet.. do it! Then smell your hair! ahem.

Yeah, it's good :D

This is my favorite scent to date. It is the best version of a bonfire scent that I have smelled. With some of the notes like coal dust you wouldn't think so but it smells like a big beautiful bonfire, and I have yet to find any perfume that has the same quality. I wouldn't recommend this blend if you do not like the smell of cedar, because this is cedar heavy. Don't spray too much either of you will be smelling this for a month. A little goes a long way. I have been hoarding my half bottle and badly need to track down more.