Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Teggy

Champagne and Cigars

Champagne and Cigars

No official description available.

This scent concerned be a bit because I generally don't care for tobacco notes. C&C has a dominant, sparkling champagne note with a bit of cigar smoke over it (more of an herbal smoke than dirty). The smokiness balances out the overpowering sweetness of the champagne, but unfortunately it doesn't last and it mostly ended up pure chapagne on me. But I gotta say that the note stays pretty true and doesn't transform too much.

Champage and Cigars........... went WIERD on me. It turned kinda strange champagne, and then had so much throw I thought I bathing in the stuff!!! Good lord the throw was incredible!

I hope it does better for the rest of you, but out of the three Champagnes, only one I am keeping is Cheap sex.

This definitely smells like Champagne & Cigars.

In the bottle, the cigar note is really powerful. Almost an assault to my nose.

On the skin, champagne and, yes, cigars. :P I am still trying to decide if I like it or not. My husband really likes it, but he's a cigar smoker. It's not a bad smell, but just weird. I can't think of a better way to describe this.

I'm looking forward to trying the other 2 champagne scents to compare with this one.

oh, what a surprise! This is my favorite of the three scents. It's FRESH-rolled cigars and champagne. the champagne note is either less strong or better balanced then in champagne, chocolate and cheap sex ... this is balanced very nicely. the efforvescent quality is offset with a sweet (non-foody) earthy quality of fresh rolled cigars - not a smokey note to my nose, much more fresh tobacco if you ask me. Really interesting and unique, i've never smelled anything like this before ... and i like it!

I like this one - at first, I get mostly champagne - bubbly and effervescent champagne - almost like a sharp ginger ale before it settles down. Once it settles down, that gorgeous cigar/smoky note, the one from the Dogs Playing Poker series, starts to warm the blend and reaches my nose. This is very unusual and sexy in a naughty way - so glad for the kindness of bpalers to be able to try this blend!

Edited by GirlinDenial

in the vial: yup- that's booze and cigars, alright! :P

wet on skin: the champagne note, as it did in Champagne and Roses, is sharp and very much like ginger ale. the cigar, at this point, is nowhere to be found.

dry down: the cigar has totally vanished, leaving that bubbly, boozy ginger-ale-like champagne.

in all: not for me, but i'm glad i got to try it.

Small amount frimped by the very generous GoldenRubee.

In the imp the sharp effervescence is really remarkable and very true--until I read the ginger ale comparison and yeah, I can see that. It's been awhile since I smelled champagne in the flesh, unfortunately, but as a boozy note it's a great success. The tobacco is definitely of the not-yet-smoked variety, the cigars still in the box, and for some reason BPAL's tobacco notes are always very subtle on me. It's a nice blend of both fun and sophistication.

In Champagne and Cigars, I can smell the tobacco along with the champagne right away. The tobacco doesn't smell smoky to me, but, more like the inside of a cigar shop. The champagne note stays fizzy and just the right amount of sweet for as long as it lasts. At first, they are very evenly balanced. The tobacco sticks around much longer on me than the champagne, though.

Again, this one has the fizzy pop and effervescent quality of champagne when first applied, and at the bottom of it, you can smell something smoky. After about twenty minutes, the effervescence and the smokiness actually makes it smell like hairspray to me. Or more accurately in BPAL terms, Intergalactic or Stardust. After about two hours, I get wispy smoke.

Definitely one of the stranger BPALs I've ever tried.

It mus be champagne and a cigar on the veranda beneath the stars, for there's none of the heavy, lingering cigar fumes of being around someone smoking one. Reading other reviews, I realize that yes, it's a nice sweet cigar that is sitting - cut and unlit - on the table next to the champagne.

It's light, rather like a leather note on me. I like how it balances the over-bubbly nature of the champagne, but the cigar fades quickly, the champagne doesn't move leaving too much champagne for me!

I agree with the folks who noted the ginger-ale quality to the bpal champagne. However, the thing that it really reminds me of are BottleCaps, the candy from yore.

Got a sniffie of this from GirlinDenial :cheers:

In the Imp: Smells a LOT like Visting the Temple of Auspicious Fortune Alone on the Winter Solstice. It's a citrusy, wet effervescent note with a subtle dry, dusty note.

Wet: wow, it totally opens up on the skin! It smells more like actual champagne now.. and very very subtle smoke. This aint no stinky cigar! :lol: The smoke is waaaay deep in there, it's mostly sensed on the back of my tongue when I inhale deeply.

Dry: Definitely similar to Visting the Temple-- fascinating scent experience, but not exactly an every day scent for me. I would have liked to have worn it on New Years though! Maybe I'll save my little sniffie for next New Years :lol:

In bottle: Not as auspicious as I’d hoped. It really does smell carbonated though, which is a surprise. Wet: A real improvement. I’m fascinated by the pale green scent of it. It is rather like champagne without the alcohol, but with the dry fizziness of an actual champagne. The cigars are less burning cigar then the scent of the unburned ones that lingers in a box. Dry: The champagne remains dominant. A faint smokiness comes out and the whole thing sweetens. I’m getting almost an incense effect from the tobacco. Weirdly, it reminds me of the emotional effect Eau de Ghoul creates in me, while actually being much gentler. I have no clue why this would be, as they have no actual notes in common.

Edited by Shollin

This is such an interesting scent. I've really come to like it much more than I thought I would. The champagne scent is very fresh and bubbly. It has a zing that rides up in your nose. It's a sweet champagne and actually smells like 7-up to me more than the ginger ale mentioned in the other reviews. The cigar scent is the sweet incense like smell of a cigar shop. It's not smokey at all. It adds a great grounding note to the scent and keeps the champagne note in line once it dries down. When wet the champagne dominates but when dry it balances out.

This has quite a bit of throw and I have gotten multiple compliments every time I wear it. Random people in stores have even stopped me to tell me how good I smell. I'm a slather-er and this one probably doesn't need to be slathered!

Overall, very evocative and pretty. So different from anything else I own. I'm really glad I was lucky enough to get a bottle.

The champagne note here didn't stay as fizzy as it does in Champagne and Roses, and Champagne, Chocolate and Cheap Sex. The tobacco was its usual smooth sweet self, but it didn't come out until the fizziness of the champagne settled down. This is a sexier blend than the other two, C&R being the most romantic, while CC&CS is relatively in between them. Overall the effect here is sexy and warm. I really like it!

I really wish i could post my real review of this scent here, complete with graphic details and general lewd nastiness!!! but suffice it to say that this was a stale cigar, kind of wet from man sweat, dumped in a cheap glass of champagne, poured over brothel bed and then left in 100 degree heat.

:blush:

ultra sweet syrupy fizzy champagne and gross damp cigar leaves. Bleck!

This is one of those scents I'm struggling to define, but which ultimately is breaking my brain. I've never smelled anything quite like it before. The champagne note is, like a lot of other folks have said, highly fizzy. My first thought when I sniffed the bottle was "whoa, carbonated!", then "whoa, sweet!"

In the bottle, I think soda first and foremost. It's like getting a whiff of some alcoholic drink made with little alcohol, but heavy on the Sprite or 7-Up. I'd call it a light scent, but the tobacco note -- and it has to be the tobacco note since there's only two notes here :) -- drags that bouyant girly drink back down to the ground for a quick grope beneath the table. This is, if I'm honest, something I wouldn't mind drinking.

Even though the scent isn't sugary sweet, it is sweet. Not to my tastes, I'm afraid, because on application I find my skin chemistry heightens the sweet soda aspect of the blend and tamps down some of the tobacco. And even as a non-smoker, I find tobacco in perfume to be hawt, so more's the pity. I applied this somewhere around 6:30 in the morning. Less than four hours later it's mostly gone, except for the occasional waft when I rearrange my clothes or start flailing around.

It's an interesting perfume, but I don't think it's a very "me" scent. Those who like lighter blends might do better -- I'm a resin gal, personally -- or those who enjoy the idea of smelling effervescent, which is the perfect word for Champagne & Cigars.

When first applied, this is almost all champagne with a bit of gritty, smoky tobacco cutting through the sweetness. After a half hour, I can't pick out the tobacco at all and this is fading fast. This blend smells sweeter on me than the Roses or Cheap Sex, which surprises me. It’s like a dry candy smell combined with a bit of sharp cleaning fluid and the sour quality of the champagne (makes me think of poisoned candy). All in all, the Champagne scents seem like blends that I wouldn’t wear very often. The champagne note is a bit too sour/off for me.

Edited by Little Bird

I just don't know how she does it! This smells exactly like champagne and tobacco. Not cigars exactly, but still..... what oils would one combine to get a champagne scent?!?!? The woman is a olefactory genius.

Now for the review! Sweet champagne on me. Fades to faint champagne and wet tobacco. I don't love it at all, but I love the idea and I appreciate the complexity.

Whoo that's fizzy! The cigars come up slowly, waiting for the fizz to fade. The fizzyness is dominant on me, overpowering the cigars.

this is a really weird scent for me - it smells like fizzy lemon soda pop in the bottle, and the same on my skin from the moment it hits until the time it goes away - there's not a single change in the smell i can discern. it's the first scent i've had that doesn't morph at all. i love it, and i'm so glad i managed to get a bottle!

In the bottle: Light yellow oil. Dry, sparkling, boozy champagne, astringent, pleasantly bitter tobacco, and a fruity, almost pink sweetness. Pink champagne, maybe?

Wet: Strong! And very alcoholic. Quite 'perfumey'/cologney in a traditional way. The pink sweetness is more distant. Tobacco is both more planty, and more smoky/acrid. Incredible degree of *sparkle*

Dry: Very strongly cigars, now. Not just tobacco, as in many perfumes, but SMOKING tobacco, cigarettes, cigars. Much more bitter/stale too, in the way that cigs are.

Later: The fruity, pink, sweet note is long gone. Some more depth has emerged - maybe a woo/earth note, or some musk, but this has a masculine weight to it that C&R utterly lacks.

Summary: Smoky, acrid, slightly stale cigars, dry, very sparkly-boozy champagne, all over a distant but deep, earthy base, possibly a moss of some type. It's a bit too sharp/strong for me and definitely masculine. Powerful throw & longevity.

Wheeee! Bubbles! :lol: Akin to Visiting the Temple... in that gingery, effervescent way, but without the citrus twang. This is sec champagne, to my nose - balanced between the sweet & dry - and the cigars fresh, adding a bitter, leafy undercurrent. There's the barest wisp of smoke, dry & bracing.

Wow. I'm liking this far more than I thought I would... but it is so close to VtT... do I keep it? :think:

Thank you SueDonym and Gypsy Rose Red for gathering these for us and sending them out! :D

Sweet, fizzy champagne with a hint of bitter tobacco. I love love LOVE this at first, but over time the tobacco becomes too prominent, and starts smelling a bit stale. Lovely champagne with just a nose-wrinking off note...sigh.

I was very kindly gifted a partial decant of this, but it is going to have to find a new home as I have just tested it and am sad to report yet another of BPAL's harder-to-find scents turning into frothing drain cleaner on my skin. \o/ I have no idea what makes the champagne in Bon Vivant work on me while this is so lamentably bad, but it really is; no champagne, no cigars, 100% bleach. Sadness. My skin hates me, but loves my wallet.

In the imp: Champagne, but a little darker than the others. Maybe a little tobacco.

Fresh on the skin: It's remarkable how consistent the champagne scents are on my skin.

5 minutes later: I guess my skin amps champagne. This one is practically aquatic, it's so full of champagne.

20 minutes later: Light, bubbly champagne with maybe a thread of something else. Starting to go a bit plasticky.

1 hour later: Fading out to a light, slightly prickly champagne.

Verdict: Nice enough, but not particularly distinctive. Possibly suffered from being the third tried of the three Champagne scents.

One word: Champagne.