Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
RaeiNarcissus

Champagne and Roses

Champagne and roses.

Got this as a BPAL Santa from whome; thanks so much!

In the decant, this is a little frightening; it's either cherry Pepsi or ammonia. oO Only doing a small skin test with this one, as it's a little frightening. It's calming down a little on my skin, but I'm still getting that ammonia/cherry Pepsi smell. We'll see how this goes. It ends up straying towards ammonia, so I had to wash it off multiple times. Not for me, sadly. Swaps/sales. Edited by Shollin

My BPAL fairy on LJ sent me a decant of this and I LOVE HER, because this is absolutely beautiful on me. Fizzy, sparkling champagne and light, sweet tea rose. It stays quite true from the wet stage to the drydown. It's delicate and effervescent and seems to have held up well. Gorgeous!! I'm going to have to try to find more of this.

Wow! If it was possible I'd swear this bottle had bubbles in it. Really! A little bit like a cherry 7up or something in the bottle but smells exactly like it's namesake on the skin. My Husband didn't like it at all; said I smelled like some sort of weird cleanser but I was ok with it. Going to try it again when my 'nose' matures a bit I think but happy to have a bottle of it for now.

Wow, the champagne in this is super sharp and acrid, and the roses do what they normally do and AMP. Not for me.

I smelled the champagne in this and man oh man, I think I might have a hangover. :thud:

I want to love this so much, so I'm going to give it another chance after the Unholy Red Tide has ebbed, but right now I'm thinking that I'll stick to Bon Vivant for all of my champagne needs. I tested Champagne and Roses expecting to see that same champagne note (which is pretty soft and fizzy like soda) and this is just so incredibly sharp. A big disappointment, but I'll give it another shot in a week or so.

ETA: Also worth mentioning... I tested Champagne and Cigars and Champagne, Chocolate, and Cheap Sex today as well and I'm sad to say that the three are virtually indistinguishable on me. :(

Edited by kirsten

I think it's safe to say at this point that none of the "Champagne" BPALs are ever going to be my Holy Grail scent. This smells kind of like fizzy gin on me. Maybe a very slight citrus -- not as strong citrus as Sprite, but just a hint. Not really getting ant rose at all from this.

I bought this from the lovely SueDonym, and was just thrilled to find it! Thank you! :wub2:
In the bottle, this is all champagne: sparkly, bubbly, a little sweeter than I usually find with champagne notes, which could be because of the rose, which is otherwise undetectable. Wet, it’s still mostly champagne - fizzy and pale golden like stars.
A sweet rose note begins to unfurl underneath as it dries down, and this is heavenly.
Especially when this is balanced between the two namesake notes, with neither one becoming more dominant over the other, this is just absolutely beautiful. The rose is a pale yellow or ivory color to me (although it could be the rose note + the champagne note giving it that feel to me), but it’s more velvety than translucent. It wears quite close to the skin on me, but it reminds me of starry night skies and how drinking champagne tastes like drinking those stars - and a little bit of my wedding, where prosecco and roses featured heavily!
Like starry-eyed romance in a bottle. I couldn’t be happier with this!