Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
RaeiNarcissus

Champagne and Roses

Champagne and roses.

All rightly, no one else has taken the reviewing plunge so i'm going for it.

In the bottle, it SMELLS like champagne and roses, literally. A sharp whiff of champagne and an undertone of roses. On my skin however, it's a little strange. The rose starts flirting with turning soap on me, then decided not to, then decided maybe, then decides to, then doesn't. The champagne stays strong during this........ i've had it on for around two hours and the champagne is still going, but by now the rose is gone. I was kinda expecting that, rose and me don't have a good relationship, it either burns me or turns soap, with the odd exception of knave of hearts, fresh knave of hearts for some reason goes straight pretty rose on me. I will give them props for the champagne formulation, it is rather nice. The only other champagne scent i've tried (at least I think it's champagne) is bon vivant, and that goes kinda wierd strawberry, with no champagne in it.

So, if you're a rose person, I would definetly recommend trying to get your paws on some of this. It is unfortunately, not for me.

- Side edit........ the champagne note lasts forever! I put it on at 6 last night and it's still there! It's 9 in the morning now! Edited by Shollin

At this past weekend's Will Call, Puddin' mentioned that one of the champagne scents smelled a bit like Pepsi to him, and I think that this is the one that does -- but only in the bottle. In the bottle, I smell Cherry Pepsi, but, once on the skin, it's pure champagne and roses (red or pink ones), and it smells sexy and party-ish -- perfect for New Year's Eve or for going out. Both notes are also staying pretty consistent on my skin; neither one dominates.

It has a medium throw to it, and seems to have nice staying power. The champagne notes in Bon Vivant also don't last on my skin, but this does. It smells bubbly and tingly, just like champagne. I really like it.

Edited by BookGirl

In bottle, fizzy champagne that makes my nose ticle and roses.

Wet, champagne fizzy a little alcohol with lovely fresh rose and some of the leaves and stems. Much throw.

Dry, roses are the front of the scent. The throw settles down a bit.

After about 6 hours the fizziness dies down and leaves a sweet soft rose petal with a flat champagne.

Ok, if you saw my review of Champagne, Chocolate, and Cheap Sex, you'll see that I didn't love the champagne note in that, so I'm a bit leery of this blend, though I am curious to see how it will blend with rose.

Darn, in the bottle, it's that same champagne note...I get a teeensy hint of rose, but instead of tempering the champagne, I think it makes it even sharper. On my skin the rose comes out quite a lot more and differentiates itself from the champagne more noticeably. From far away it's kind of pretty, soft rose and fizzy champagne, but up close it is just too sharp for me. I don't think I'm classy enough for the champagne blends...bring on the rum :P

I find it amazing how I can smell this scent and get each of the notes separately.

It smells like red roses. And champagne.

The champagne is a little fizzy and goes ginger ale, but altogether very interesting.

Edited by TwilightEyes

in the vial: i get the Pepsi reference straight away :P but after that, it's all bubbly (YES_bubbly) champagne and a hint of rose.

wet on skin: the champagne is morphine into ginger ale, and the rose is there, but waaaaayyyy in the back.

dry down: yup- ginger ale and faint rose.

in all: i'm really glad i got to try this out (thanks, GoldenRubee!!!) but it's SO not for me- a relief, as it seems to be rather hard to obtain! :D

Champagne and roses smells very much like champagne and rose petals. The champagne is sparkly and not too dry or too sweet. The roses behaved fine on me, and my husband even likes it! Unfortunately, just like Bon Vivant, it is not lasting on me. However! I had ended up with a big drip of it on my skin when I applied, and had to wipe just a bit off with a tissue...and the tissue is holding the scent tremendously. So...for me this is a locket scent. It is just a bit too fun and flirty to part with. In addition, anything my husband will actually admit to liking....

This was the only champagne scent that interested me, because I'm not a fan of champagne scents in general. Add cigars and I'm outta here.

But I do love rose.

This scent is amazing, in that it really smells exactly like the description. There is rose. There is champagne. And that is it.

Unfortunately, I don't like the combination on me. The rose wasn't a strong, robust rose and the champagne was light, flirty, and a bit cheap.

But I did marvel at the amazing likeness to the real scent of champagne and rose.

Oh man, this one definitely has the fizzy pop of champagne when you first smell it. On me, the champagne is there but it lasts maybe 30 minutes. The roses develop over time and completely dominate the scent.

On the other hand, it totally smells like an expensive rose. :P

I was frimped this is in a sale package. It is champagne and roses. The champagne is a light fizzy champagne. The fizziness lasts for like 35 minutes, and then the roses come out. It smells like a red rose to me and an expensive one too. It really is champagne and roses.

Interesting - the reviews on this one seemed quite varied.

My experience was both the champagne and the rose roaring out of the imp nose to nose. I have a lot of trouble with the champagne note, in that it's too crass and soda-like to me (rather like new year's champagne...); as a guy, rose isn't a scent I use a lot but I can definitely respect it, and I like to experience the different types of rose scents. In fact, most of my life I've been an avid seeker outer of rose gardens; in Portland OR I lived a couple blocks away from the international rose test garden, and so I'd say I've become more familiar with the variety of roses than most.

The rose is a strong, pink rose and the champagne is a heady, bubbly wine, like it tasted when I was a kid. The result is a really nice balance. The rose really smoothes out the champagne and the cola-like notes of the champagne seem to just compliment the rose and add to its strength and power.

Wow!

In the bottle: Colourless oil. Very fizzy, and quite dry champagne and delicate roses. Amazingly like a chardonnay based champagne. There's a bit of a vodka or gin-like alcoholic edge.

Wet: The same, maybe a touch rosier - before it was nearly all liquor-spiked champagne. I do think it smells like gin and tonic, as well.

Dry: The roses have come out a bit more and strike me as tea rose, but are still very light. This is also less delightfully fizzy, sadly. It's more bitter and astringent.

Later: No long-term morphing, other than champagne fading to reveal more rose. Way below everything else is something musky-earthy - I think oakmoss.

Summary: Final dry down is mostly light, very slightly powdery rose and a hint of gin-like, dry champagne, over even fainter oakmoss. Low throw and fades considerably.

I would like a bottle if it weren't so rare!

YAY a real and classy party~scent

this is perfect for a holiday on a beautiful cruiseship..

I smell a lot of CHAMPAGNE!!!! and many little red roses :heart:

let's go out tonight :laugh:

Normally my skin either amps rose to no end, or it turns it to ammonia. I didn't get that here. The champagne note is bubbly and bright, the rose doesn't come out initially. After about 1/2 an hour I can detect a faint rose scent underneath the champagne. It's light and beautiful. This is an utterly romantic scent.

I wouldn't normally have picked this one since I don't do rose scents, but a very lovely forumite was kind enough to include a sniffy of this in a package, and I'm very glad she did! To me it smells spot on of bubbly, crisp champagne and a freshy,dewy red rose. Spot on. It's the kind of rose I can actually wear.

I had to laugh when I saw someone else post above what Puddin had said about it smelling like pepsi, because when I let my mom have a whiff and asked her what it smelled like, she said 'Smells like Pepsi!'. LOL. So I guess he wasn't the only one!

The champagne completely took over in Champagne & Cigars and Champagne, Chocolate and Cheap Sex, but the rose in this blend manages to finally subdue the champagne. Of course, I amp rose like mad.

This is probably my favorite of the champagne scents, even though this one isn't very 'me' either. I tend to favor girly, soft, sugary roses, and this is more of an aggressive, perfumey, grown up rose. I do really like the feel of this one, though. It smells expensive and elegant - a little black dress sort of scent. It’s sharp and sure of itself. The rose is a little sour on me and threatens to go soapy at first, though it never quite makes it (thankfully). The champagne adds a nice little sparkle underneath the rose for the first fifteen minutes or so, before it just starts to smell clean on my skin. I wind up with clean, bright champagne and a perfumey rose. It disappears after 3 hours or so.

I have a lot of rose blends, and this one is a bit too sharp for my tastes. I don't need to try to find a bottle of this, but I'll probably hold on to my decant. I like to smell it, because it conjures up images of fancy parties and sleek dresses... I'm just not sure that I like it on me.

In the bottle: The first word that springs to mind is... fizzy! Maybe not a very sophisticated analysis, but true nonetheless. Taking out the imp stopper releases a the fizzy scent of a glass of the bubbly stuff.

On the skin: The rose starts to come out a little more on the skin. Rose scents generally do okay on my skin, so the scent rounds out to a bubbly floral. Light, almost citrussy. Lovely, but I can't see this scent lasting.

This oil makes me think of a wedding or celebration in a marquee in summertime. The roses I think of are definitely pink, I like this sharper, brighter kind of rose scent as opposed to the dusty rose notes in many oils.

The scent lasted a whole lot longer than I anticipated with it's fluttery top notes. My Mum [who isn't a wild fan of my usual musy, vanilla, honeyish combos] smelled this on me from a couple of feet away and fell in love with it. She says it reminds her of the White Linen scent from Estee Lauder. I can't recall that scent, but I will say that it's not a bright white smell as much as a fresh pinkish smell.

I wish I could get some more of this- it was a generous sniffie given in a batch of imps I bought from a user on here and I love it, even though it is so not my usual musky spicy sweet smells! This is one for when you're feeling youthful, frivolous and romantic- but still want to retain an element of class.

Oooh, the bubbly note is right on top! It takes a while for the roses to make an appearance. It's a bright rose, nice, with the champagne now in the background. And then it's nothing but rose.

Thank you SueDonym and Gypsy Rose Red for gathering these for us and sending them out! :D

I was pretty sure I knew what to expect with this. And it's just as fizzy as the other Champagne scents, with a faint, pink rose scent underneath. But as it dries I can smell more of the rose, until it just takes over. And oh, it's not the fresh, red rose I was expecting. It's tea rose...like a Victorian tea rose potpourri I had when I was little. It smells like something to get a little old lady drunk with. I love champagne notes, I love rose notes, but together? Too sweet, like fizzy rose petals going right up your nose. Not for me.

In the imp: Fizzy-bright, sweet champagne, and a little underlying syrup-perfume that's got to be the rose. Pretty! Kind of like rosewater ginger-ale.

Fresh on the skin: Pink ginger ale, with the rose blossoming quickly. Very pretty!

10 minutes later: Light, soft, fizzy perfume. Delicate rose, really quite lovely.

1.5 hours later: Fizzy, fuzzy candy rose, starting to go a tiny bit soapy underneath.

3 hours later: Mostly fuzzy champagne left, with a little warm rose powder swirling at the bottom of the flute. Gone a little sticky.

4.5 hours later: Faded down to powder-syrup rose, very light.

6 hours later: Faded almost all the way down to thick sweet powder, a little tickly.

Verdict: Really very lovely! Wish it didn't fade quite so fast.

One phrase: Rosewater champagne.

First off, thanks to GypsyRoseRed for the circle! Now on to the review...

There’s that champagne scent again. When first applied that is strongest, underlain with a very pretty rose. Tea rose would not surprise me here. As it driest, the rose “blooms” and become stronger, overpowering the champagne. That trend continues as it wears and now the rose is dominant and STRONG, but with a brightness there from the champagne. There’s a slight dusting of powder on the rose and the tea rose vibe I got earlier is stronger, this is definitely tea rose and all that entails.

Interesting but not my favorite flower.

Champagne and Roses smells like, what else? Champagne and roses. On my skin, however, the two *do not* get along. The champagne, while effervescent, is a bit on the sour side. The rose just goes wonky, for lack of a better term. I like the bubbles, but the rest can go on their way.

OH I had to try this, because what a cool concept! And its one of the way realistic smells. I know everyone has already said this, but this IS champagne, with bubbles an everything. The rose stays nice, the part I was worried about, it doesnt go sour or overstrong. This is one of he blends that makes me think HOW THE HELL does she do this?? How does she give us bubbles and champagne and roses??

This smells exactly like rosé champagne, and I mean exactly. You can literally feel the effervescence! It's more dominantly champagne than rose, but still some rose in the background for the "pinkness". Not powdery or boozy at all. Perfect for a party! :D

Edited by Invidiana