Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

Imp: Sweet, but not sugary. A more natural honey scent. Smells very thick.

Wet: Honey and something else. Something sweeter, but again, not artificially sweet. For a moment, I get something floral, but it fades.

Dry: Still getting the fresh honey thing, but I'm not so sure about warm vanilla or anything else. Hm…nice, not nothing special. I'm not really getting the vanilla I wanted from this.

Final Thoughts: I'm going to try this a few more times and see how it goes. It's nice, but I was expecting so much more.

Wet: In the bottle, O smells syrupy sweet--honey with fruity, somewhat alcoholic undertones. It smells viscous, thick and sticky, a humid summer day.

Dry: The honey really comes out, warmed slightly by the amber. The tension of the bottle breathes a bit, and the vanilla seeps in.

I probably won't use it again. Sweet, warm scents don't work well on me--I'm a winter scent kind of girl--and O is as sticky and warm as they come.

O is lovely. She has two sisters: Smut and Sed Non Satiata. Smut is overt and possibly somewhat devious, SNS is quieter and a bit more romantic, whereas O is just pure sex. No trimmings or seductive trappings. Just flesh on flesh, and the warm afterglow.

It's definitely a feminine scent, all musky honey sweetness. It's gorgeous.

From beginning to end, honey. Not the kind in jars, the kind with the comb still in it, ripped straight from the hive, eat at your own peril lest you sink your teeth into a bee. I swear you can smell the comb and hear the buzzing.

Unfortunately, while it's the most amazingly realistic simulation of busting open a beehive without getting stung, I don't really *like* the smell of honeycombs, and there's nothing else in this. But top marks for realism here. Wow.

In the bottle: First it smells kinda like almond oil or baby oil or something, but after inhaling for a second or two it develops into full-on honey. Mm.

On me, wet: Honey, somehow extra sugary-sweet.

On me, dry: SICK. O has gone completely rancid on me after all of two minutes. It just smells absolutely rotten and vile!

This is apparently another of those scents everyone raves about (like Snake Oil!) that my skin utterly despises. I will try it again in a week or so as I've noticed things smell different on me at different times of the month but for now... ughh.

First review here--

O I had to try because it had been described as smelling like Kama Sutra honeydust, and I have a love of that stuff! So I got it in my very first order of imps, in my first plunge into BPAL.

Sadly, I had to go to work and smell the delicious scents wafting from the box to tease me! I -- decided, eventually, to put it on over Hellcat or Bordello because of my plans for the evening-- a dinner date with a good friend who is rapidly becomnig something... deeper.

So, I chose something that was innocent but sexy, and keeps to one of his favorites, vanilla... and I have not been disappointed.\

In The Vial: This is sweet and sharp and sticky and smells like you could drink it and taste candy. Obviously, you can't -- but it smells just that tasty.

Wet: VANISH LIKE NINJA. :P Oh god! My skin ate it. :D

Drying: No-- wait, it's there! It grows in strength over time, enough that I can smell a sweet balance between honey and vanilla; the amber is there, but it's tiny and lurky, sort of peeking here and there... but the other two notes are well balanced... sweet and enticing, I think, but definitely a scent you wear when you want to get a little dirty. Here's hoping it lures in the man!

When I have money? Bigger bottle, oh yes. Bigger bottle.

hello, o! i finally get to meet you after hearing SOOO much about you!

you are honey on me. pure dripping honey. BUT! not the sticky, cloying honey i would smell if i opened a jar of it. the amber and vanilla is doing something tricky. drying you out. making me think of my beloved art museum dusty dry air. i smell like sweetened art museum! ooh. i think i like you! you're much kinder and nicer that your friend, snake oil.

Wow. This was so horrible on me I couldn't get it off fast enough. It's way too sweet (and this is coming from someone who loves Hellcat). I don't get any amber or vanilla, just sickly honey, like if I ate honeycomb and then puked, it would smell like this. I like other scents with honey in them but in this it just takes over in the worst possible way.

In the vial: Yep. Definitely amber, honey and vanilla - sickeningly sweet, but I love it.

Wet on my skin: Again, it stays very true to its description - mainly amber and vanilla, but I can't deny smelling the honey in there. Nice.

Drydown: Mmmm. This doesn't change very much, it's sweet amber and vanilla. I don't get much of the honey anymore, which is great, since it was the only note I wasn't so fond of.

"O" is a really sweet, soft and nice blend, but I don't get any of the "pure sex" that some of you have mentioned. If I had to describe this as anything sex-related, it would probably be cuddling in bed after having slow wake-up sex on an early summer morning. But... that's a nice thing, after all! :P

Big bottle? Definitely. As soon as possible. =D

Finally getting around to this...

My favorite scent. I sigh happily whenver I dab it on. It's pretty much the same wet and dry and the notes are pretty much it. The honey and vanilla work together gorgeously. The amber is subtle but there to keep this from being *too* sweet.

It's not the scent of sex for me but rather the aftermath...the kisses, the snuggling, the loving embrace. O hugs me tight and thankfully, it lasts a while.

I was really tentative about the "sweat" smell that some have reported, but this sounded so delicious that I went ahead and ordered a 5 ml. And wow, am I glad I did.

Initial, in the bottle: At first smell, I fell in love with this. It's this very fresh honeycomb scent; it doesn't smell like your typical jar of store-bought honey, but rather smells darker and has that almost minty undertone characteristic of fresh clover honey. I couldn't wait to put this on my skin!

Wet: I almost expected this to be a viscous oil like actual honey, since it smells so much like the real thing. Wet, this is sweet, fresh clover honey. However, it's not mind-numbingly sweet; there's somethig dark and sexy underlying this, which must be the amber. Thankfully, I don't detect a trace of sweat. This is all bright, fresh, golden clover honey with a dark slinky note lingering underneath.

Dry: Something else comes out that smells like musk; a full-bodied honey is still there, but the sweetness now seems more vanilla-y than honey-y, and a smoky, powdery musk underlies everything.

Unfortunately, this fades relatively quickly on me; it tones down to a faint musky honey powered vanilla after 2-3 hours. This also clings close to my skin. Still, the lasting power is pretty decent and the smell is so amazing that I don't mind much.

Heaven in a jar. :P

In imp: O, boy. Not sure what this is. Will definitely have to try it on and see what this does on skin.

Wet, on skin: it's barely there. Doesn't distinctly smell like any of the listed components, just kinda spicy and a little bit naughty. It is so familiar, but I can't figure out why.

Drydown: turns it sweet-smelling and somewhat dirty, like a faint smile recalling a kinky secret.

Dry: practically nonexistent, will try again mixed with some unscented lotion and see if having more time to figure it out can help with final thoughts. Definitely a keeper, if only for the intrigue :P

This is one of the very few scents that my skin doesn't just dislike, it actively hates. It's sweet on me, but there's something off, something that turns rancid on my skin, and the closest comparison I can make is vomit. It turns to vomit on my skin.

It does, however, smell lovely in the bottle.

In the imp this smells like dirty sweatsocks to me. Which is why I took so long to get an imp of my own (first smelled it from a friend's collection), but I learned that in the imp smell and on the skin smell are two different things (Bilquis taught me this....in imp....straight-ugh-almond. On skin....gorgeous!).

On me.....this one is a morpher to be sure!

On Wet....definately getting a bit of the sharp Snake Oil vanilla scent with something sweeter on top.

On Drying...yes, honey comes to play with Snake oil.

On Dry.....Karma Sutra honey dust! Swear to GODDESS it smells JUST like it! Incensy honey powder!

And since this has amber in it I'm sure it will gradually fade out to a lovely amber leftover....which is what every scent that even has even a smidge of amber in it does on me (not that I mind, amber is one of my favorite notes ever).

Not sure if I need a big bottle (I've got enough of various types and this isn't "OMG WOW!" enough to make me go running to order another, but who knows....I'll keep the imp and test often....if I reach a point where I'm wearing it a great deal I'll order big.

:P

I know this is a popular scent, so when I got an imp of this I was excited to try it out.

Wet on skin: nothing but baby powder

Drydown: baby powder + moldy books in an attick. The scent has this strange way of being sweet one minute and swank and moldy the next.

I can't tell a single note in this blend, either, but I do know that vanilla is in there somewhere from what I remember of the notes. Don't smell it, but then I stay away from vanilla - makes me tired and headachey - so I'm not really that knowledgable about what BPAL vanilla smells like.

Final Conclusion: Definitely passing this on or swapping it with a friend who appreciates this more than I do.

So, when I first got O I tested it with the notes in front of me, and it went powdery on me - I'm thinking its the amber. I'm giving it the benefit of the doubt and trying it again.

In the imp: Sweet and slightly incensey.

Wet: Sweeter now - definitely honey and something kind of musky. No vanilla in sight, but no powde is happening just yet.

Drying: It's muskier now, and I can see what people mean by saying is has a post-coital kind of smell. Not as powdery on me as I remember, but not as sweet or feminine as I wanted it to be.

Final Verdict: Not what I expected or hoped for - I'll have to check the bf's reaction to it and maybe test it again sometime.

ETA: This definitely smells much better one me after about 15 minutes - it's wamr and soft, like a honey body powder (but less sweet than the honey body powder I have from Urban Decay). Definitely a keeper.

Edited by captainoats

In the imp, all I get from this is honey -- initially, it seems like a tamer honey than that in, say, Kali. Very docile, sweet, indeed subservient. But the amber, which does that powdery thing within the first hour, keeps the blend from being cloying or sweet in an undesired way -- if I wanted Trick or Treat, for example, I'd spring for an imp of that, and I'm typing this in a season where one starts to worry about attracting bees! Instead, the "O"verall impression this left for its long staying time was of something murky, indeed musky, that was sweet if smelled close to the skin, but generally the scent description nails this. Something sexed-up has been added to the pure sweetness in a good way. I actually thought I smelled something floral a bit early in the application; it was probably just the bit of vanilla doing that. Interesting blend!

Wet, this was VERY Snake Oil on me.

After some time, the honey came out. It's a delicious honey vanilla mix.

My skin ate it up, so I either need to slather or re-apply. Very nice, not too sweet or girly. Kind of a sexy, "wanna bite" type of smell. Lovely!

I recieved a frimp of this with my last order and gave it a sniff...

In the imp:

is that?

sniff again...

yes it is...

:P

toilet deodorizer! And I mean, exactly like those blue toilet cakes, yikes!

But in the interest of being thorough, and because some oils are wonderful on that aren't so great in the vial I put a very small drop on one wrist and patted wrists together and...

Toilet cake like Whoa! :D And STRONG!

As it dries it becomes a bit less like toilet deodorizer but no more appealing. Had to wash it off after five minutes, it seriously hates me.

I was really looking forward to this one, but sadly it just turned to baby powder on my skin. My boyfriend said I smelled like scented kleenex. :P Maybe it's the amber that just doesn't work on my skin.

Name: O

Imp: Sweet honey with a tang. Perhaps a touch of honeysuckle?

Wet: Tangy floral and honey. Sweet sweet – almost too much so on certain applications. Beautiful, lush. And changing quickly. Honey is coming through and the amber, not much vanilla. And a scent of sex added to the honey.

Dry: Honey and sweet-smelling sex. Not what I would call sweaty but a tinge of saltiness. At times the drydown is more amber and really lovely.

Furthermore: I was looking forward to this scent, as it's gotten such interesting reviews. Overall, an awesome scent on me. Borders on very sweet, but it deepens as the day goes on. And its long lasting.

O dear. :P

I was intrigued to smell this as so many people recommend it to first-timers. My first imp batch arrived and this was the one that I pulled out first to sniff...

URGH! To me, there's something rotten smelling about this scent - in and out of the imp. It's nasty, sweet, sickly and vile. So many people love it, but there's something in this that just doesn't play nice with me at all - I think it may be the honey, I don't know. But that 'rotting' smell underlying the honey actually turns my stomach a bit. I couldn't get this washed off my skin soon enough. So sad! This imp will be passed on to someone else who wants to love it the way I hoped I would.

Lab frimpage:

Wet, this is toothachingly sweet honeycomb candy - I can almost feel it crunching between my teeth. It mellows quickly, though, and goes all lovely & fresh & sweet like the tiny vanilla orchids we found in the Pyrenese with a bit of beeswax flirting around the edges. So, so nice...

Hmm.

Okay. That is some super sweet stuff out of the imp. Vanilla and honey, loudly. I like vanilla and honey, but generally as notes mixed in with other goodies so it doesn't go gooey like this does.

Oddly (and infuriatingly, as I wish this had happened with Doc Constantine), the amber doesn't go to Powder Of Doom. I'm guessing the honey and vanilla are just waaaaay stronger than this amber, and saving the blend on me.

Shame I'm not more fond of the blend. I don't think sex when I smell this at all. I smell sickly sweet foodie syrup. It's a candy blend. The amber IS there, but it's not sexing this up for me. At all.

I'm a bit :P with O. I don't hate it, but I'm not sure if I like it either. I may retest later, but I doubt I'd ever want more than an imp.