Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

The first time I tried this it seemed to vanish almost immediately, but I think that was a one-time quirk, and it's become a top ten favourite. Sweet and musky; sexy and comforting at the same time. I know it doesn't work like this for everyone, but for me it's a kind of all-occasion scent, just pale and sweet enough for everyday, but with the musky undertone that can also work for going out at night. Very, very nice.

Instant favorite and top 10 list buster on the first try. My only experience with amber had been a very poor one from a different perfumer, and I was almost reluctant to try the ambery BPAL blends.

O is nothing like the yucky bitter amber I tried before, it's sweet, sexy and perfect. It's rather light on me, to the point of being a skin scent, but it lasts forever! I kept getting little wafts of it up to 5 hours after application, and can still smell it on my skin after 10 hours.

Definite bottle, O calls for slathering! Eternal gratitude to Undine for the frimp, I probably wouldn't have discovered it for a long time.

Preconceived notions: I really dislike the taste of honey. I don't necessarily mind it in my tea, but otherwise, give me the refined sugar, plzkthx. :P

In spite of that, however: I love O. A lot. My imp isn't even going to last until my 10ml gets here.

On me: O smells like sex, if sex were a delicious pastry that you buy by the dozen and you mean to save them, but you gobble them all down while they're still fresh and gooey. It's sweet and it's thick and it's the perfect scent that I never knew that I wanted. I'm really glad that I gave it a shot!

Yeah, everyone was right. It does smell like crazy-good sex. With a bit of sweetness to make it perfect.

Warm, inviting and utterly sensual.

I want to curl up purring.

Only problem is it has very little throw on me. Ah well.

Warm, glowing, and yummy.

I feel like a baklava. Yummy and sweet. I don't get my concieved notion of sexiness from it, but it made my husband grab me and not let go this morning, so he liked it. :P

This is an everyday wear kind of scent for me - it just smells good. I might actually layer it with a little Snake Oil - I almost want something darker to cut the sweetness of the honey.

I don't think it's possible for me to say enough wonderful things about O. If I could make my skin manufacture it, I would die an ecstatic woman. For me, O is both comforting and sexy. It's sweet and has a gorgeous golden haze that lingers. My skin doesn't amp perfumes enough for anyone else to wear it, so it's my secret. I put my nose to my wrist and just smile. :P

O seems to glow on my skin. I get amber and honey, and it's sweet withought being sickening.

It's sweet, warm, golden, soft... and sexy in a sweet, innocent way. It's comforting, like cuddling under a warm and soft blanket with the person you love, on a sunny, lazy day.

It's a second skin scent, it's like my skin just naturally smells amazing. It lasts forever, 12 hours later I still get wafts of it.

And I get more hugs than usual when I wear it. :D

I adore O, it's simply wonderful. :P

:P

I don't know how to review O. It's perfection. It's warm, intimate, glowing skin. It's the oil that bring me compliments when I'm hugged. The amber, vanilla, and honey are beautifully balanced. It's not sweet like the taste of honey, but it evokes the color and texture of honey. It stays close to the skin but lasts and lasts. It's the first BPAL oil I've ever promptly ordered a 10 ml. of and then tracked down imps so I can keep myself in O until the bottle arrives. I don't know why it took me so long to try O, but it's really a jewel in Beth's crown. O can do no wrong.

O takes me back to the first time I ever held a packet of honey in my hand: I was 8 and I was eating chicken mcnuggets. After aging my imp a bit and trying again (several times) the sweetness comes out and O becomes a well rounded sweet skin scent.

I wanted to get the holy sex venom that many others did, but I smell sweet and innocent and a bit unwashed. Like a sweaty kid running around at a birthday party. Will love up the entire imp and keep the empty bottle for sniffin', but won't be ordering a big bottle anytime soon.

O smells on me like vanilla and sex.

And it lasts forever.

At the beginning I get more of the honey tone to it. It's sweeter. But after a few hours, its the perfect union of vanilla and amber, which is what I assume makes it smell like I've dipped myself in vanilla and have proceeded to have sex for hours. :P

It also lasts forever. I put it on at like 4PM, went to work, slept and at 10 AM the next day after teaching I was STILL smelling like O. I'm not a slatherer but a little of O goes a loooong way on me.

I wouldn't wear this scent too often. This is strictly a "I'm frisky and you're gonna get so lucky you wouldn't believe it" kinda scent. In other words, highly dangerous to have on. :D

I may need to try this one again, straight oil as my little sample has been diluted. It doesn't seem to be working on me though and I'm starting to wonder if I just don't like amber. There is a certain "dry" factor to several fragrances I've tried. It tickles my nose and then takes my breath away, burning my throat ever so slightly. Upon drydown the dryness seems to get even stronger. Several times I've found myself layering lotion over my fairly recently imped wrists.

I lasted about 2 hours with "O" and kept hoping it would meld into something delicious on me. The overwhelming sweetness and dry factor of the scent finally reached the point where I had to wash it off.

It always seems like the fragrances everyone else adores don't work on me. I need to sniff someone who "O" works on and see what I think then. I need a BPAL buddy I can acutally slather and sniff.

I am absolutely in love with this scent. I do love Amber, Honey and Vanilla and the blend of this is great. My favorite scent so far :P

Initially: Very honey in a honeyed and milk tea sort of scent. The amber is second strongest and the vanilla barely a hint.

It keeps getting sweeter for a few hours then tapers off to a powdery more balanced between the three notes blend.

I can't stop smelling my wrist (drooling too) and I know I will be wearing this constantly.

I also love Snake Oil and Snake Oil scent on me tapers off similarly to that of O. They at the begining are VERY different on me.

I see myself rotating between the two as regulars.

I was very disappointed with O. No vanilla, no sex :P all tart baby powder. I smelled like an old lady. or maybe a baby's butt.

Is it possible I got a mislabeled imp? this is nothing like the description. and I am in mourning after such high expectations and rave reviews.

Edited by ancilla

Got to try this at the Meet'n'Sniff today. And I have to say, first of all, this is about the most constant scent I have ever tried from BPAL. What it smelled like in the imp, when freshly applied, after drying down for a while, and now four hours later -- absolute identical. This scent just does not change or morph on me, at all. It's also got kick-ass staying power. Very few scents are still solidly present on me four hours after applying them.

I don't get the sex-in-a-bottle vibe from it that a lot of people do, but it's still a very nice scent. It has a lot of the same honey/beeswax scent that Anubis does, but with less of the dark incense undertones that that one has. It's like a gentler, lighter Anubis, and I could see it being an excellent calming, de-stressing scent. There's some vanilla and/or amber in there, but I can't really tell them apart from each other; the whole scent seems to nicely merge together into a whole that reminds me of beeswax candles anointed with raw amber resin or something. Definitely a scent I don't mind carrying around with me for hours on end.

I think there might be a bottle of this in my future...

Grade: B+

O = Big Bucket of Fuck Wrapped in Original Skin

(This is a man's perspective on how this fragrance smells on judas_kiss)

The amber and honey swirl together as lovers do in the thronging afterglow of passionate sex. This fragrance is aptly named. The vanilla softens it all with a smooth and rich sugary suspension that holds aloft the amber and honey notes. This is WITHOUT equivocation TEH SEXXOREST BPAL scent IMO. I literally almost harmed myself when I first caught a sniff of this on judas' skin. Why? My pants were tight and bunched because I was seated. Use your immagination.

Dans la bouteille: Sweet honey like in those cute little Honey Bear squeeze bottles. Awwww.

Wet: (He he) Goes on smooth like silk across skin. The sweet aroma already throwing off it's orgasmic zeal. The tendrils of the scent stretch into the primal parts of my psyche. All thoughts are made sexual as the notes pervade my brain, the signals are clear. Tear this woman's clothes off and screw her into and through the very floor boards man! This scent reminds sunny summer days spent langouring in the afterglow next to my judas. Sweat dappled skin smelling sweet in the hot muggy weather. Ourt bodies entwined just long wnough to catch our breath before climbing atop one another again.

Drydown: Mmmm oh mama I thought Wet was the best stage. No ma'am. The skin warms the core and the satelites spin off from the nucelous and defile my senses. My temperature rises as I inhale it's warm promise deeply. Very difficult not to just start dry humping judas right here in the computer room. Kids awake, must resist... must take cold shower, two cold showers, can I have ten cold- can I have 20 cold showers?

Verdict: Oh, Oh, Oh, Oh, ugnh, mmmmm uhhn nnggg oh. Oh GodyesohGodyesohGodyesharder. Fuckmeyousexysuccubusoftheinfernalrealmsridemeharder! (ZOMFG sorry!)

Edited by BlueStar

O no! I must have the world's oddest skin chemistry, because I'm not getting delicate amber and honey or nuances of any kind. In the imp, it smells intensely sweet, and that isn't modified by drying down or by time. It's got tons of throw, but I just can't stand it. I kept it on for about an hour and got the mother of all headaches. It's just too, too sweet for me - and it makes my sinuses rebel. :P Everyone who's said O has staying power is correct. I've washed my arm four times and I just can't get this stuff off.

I'm new enough to BPAL that I'm not sure which of the notes is affecting me thus. It's so sad, because it sounded so luscious, and it obviously has a great following among BPALers. This will be traded to someone who will appreciate it better.

Edited by terrierhead

I wish this smelled like delicious amber honey on me. However, all it is is a sickeningly sweet BABY POWDER. No way, jose.

O smells like rank plastic on me. Sharp and headache-inducing. I don't think I got a bad imp, because I swapped it away and the reciever reviewed it here with glowing praise. I just think some kind of funky stuff went down with my body chemistry and O and I just don't get along. I'm not inclined towards amber scents, although I love vanilla.

o is so good!!

in the bottle I can smell the amber and vanilla, with a hint of something almond-marzipan.

it smells pretty much the same on my skin, but as it dries i get way more of the honey. the honey note smells the same on my skin as the honey in blood kiss, which is one of my other top favorites.

the almond/ vanilla is there on my skin, but it is subtle and yummy. the amber turns slightly powdery as it dries, but in a really good way! it kind of reminds me of the kama sutra honey dust... except with vanilla too. mmmm.

The scent seemed to fade quickly on my skin. i love it so much that i kept re-applying all morning, and now my imp is pretty much empty. There is just a drop left in the bottom. luckily i got the CNS yesterday for the 5ml i ordered of it. I'll be re-ordering soon if it goes as fast as my imp did! love love love it!!

This is my very first review and my very first bpal experience, so go easy on me!

I bought an imp pack of love potions. I used to wear amber oil all the time and was always showered with compliments. I picked O to review first because I got a little excited opening them to smell and spilled it on myself.

In the bottle: smells a little powdery, maybe I can smell a little honey. No vanilla yet.

Wet: at the moment of application it sweetens up but only for a few seconds. The amber is really strong on my skin. I'm starting to be able to pick out the honey, but it's kind of smelling like a incense vendor. This is not bad or good.

Twenty minutes later: it's sweetening up like it did when I first put it on. My untrained nose is still not smelling vanilla, but honey is not standing at the front and amber is dancing around in the backround. I just ate an orange and now that scent is coming to mix in when I type. ha! My first bpal layering. It actually smells really good, so I might have to search for an orangey blend to accompany this.

A couple of hours later: excellent throw, I keep getting hints of it. The honey has calmed down a little and the amber has gone a little powdery. Not a bad scent at all, but something I would have to get used to wearing. I would have liked it better if I had been able to smell the vanilla like the rest of you! and perhaps if the amber had stayed sharp.

To me this scent is perfect for curling up with someone. I don't know if I'd call it sexy so much as comforting, warm, and delicious.

edit: apparently, all my mother can smell is vanilla! interesting...

Edited by locuraelegantia

Okay, I have been meaning to write a review of this for a while, and I have finally gotten around to it.

In the imp: Sweet honey with sexier-than-thou spice swirling around underneath. I also get a touch of sugary vanilla. Oh, delightful.

On: This is fargin' sexy, baby! Sweet, sticky honey, warmed by vanilla and just the slightest hint of golden amber. There is also a very, very slight hint of the lightest body musk, which gives it a yummy, sexy "just had sex" feel. There is absolutely nothing "clean" about this scent. It is sticky, sweet and just naughty.

Dry down: Honey, honey, honey and amber, baby. The vanilla is there, just under the surface, but I get all honey and sexy amber. This stage, the amber amps up a bit on my skin, so it's a more balanced foody/sexy scent. If you love honey, but find most perfumes with it as a main component are too "innocent", this is the perfume for you! Oh God...move over Snake Oil...Here's my new number one!!

I feel the need for an ABBA Tribute:

Honey honey, how you thrill me, ah-hah, honey honey

Honey honey, nearly kill me, ah-hah, honey honey

I’d heard about you before

I wanted to know some more

And now I know what they mean, you’re a love machine

Oh, you make me dizzy...

Edited by judas_kiss

THIS is the scent that replaced Snake Oil as my fave! I usually HATE the scent of amber, but this amber-honey-vanilla blend is .... beguiling, intoxicting, haunting!

Makes on want to lick somebody!

This is a beautiful scent. Vanilla and honey but not foodey and cloying mixed with amber. My three favorite scents. From application to end, it even smelled the same on me.

I am very sad my skin just seems to absorb this and it has no real waft, it just sits on my skin. The same with snake oil which are similar smells on me.

It would be perfect if only it were stronger and wafty on me. Off to find another stronger scent :P