Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

So I've been revisiting some of my favorites lately and I've been disturbed as to how many oils I love yet have never reviewed. O is one of my top 5 general catologue scents and I wore it again for New Year's eve.

In the imp: Wow, this is beautiful. Sticky sweet honey amber yum.

Wet on skin: This is one of the sexiest Bpal's there is, and it is so deserving of it's title. It's naughty and innocent at the same time, bewitching and seductive and full of the promise of lush pleasure. Amber is the note I love best in any perfume and it is mixed so pleasantly with the vanilla and honey to make it sweet, sexy and delicious.

Drydown: It just keeps getting sexier, richer and deeper. Sort of muskier too. It reminds me of candlelight and carnality.

Overall: This is sensational. Everyone should try O, it's like Bpal blasphemy if you don't! Multiple bottle-worthy. I get compliments every time I wear it and blush when I tell people the name, because they all know what it stands for. :P Edited by BlackLace

I put this on right after a long day and a few nights of not sleeping well.

Amazingly, this was the most comforting and relaxing smell I have ever come across. It was the fragrance equivalent going to bed in a pile of towels, right out of the dryer. As you can guess, I was shocked at that, given the reputation of O. Then again, falling asleep in a warm bed after sex is comforting, so maybe there's something to this.

In the imp: sharp and sweet. mostly amber with a bit of honey and tart sugar

Wet: something soft and dusty but pleasant. Vanilla and warmth.

Dry: Richer and rounder. I can still smell it the next morning and I have no problem with that.

I didn't get much amber in this, which is great since it usually amps on me.

in vial; first thing I smell is the honey-sticky and sweet

wet Yes, this is sticky sweet. Smells a little like chocolate dancing around somewhere. This smell similar to snake oil but I think sweeter and more feminine. Although there is a hint of dark sticky sweetness to this blend

dry: still that dark and sticky sweet that I attribute to the honey and darkness from the amber. Beware!

from the imp: sweet.

First time on - DAFFODILS?! That makes no sense. VERY vanilla. Also reminiscent of Dana O'Shee, but the amber gives it a deeper feel. A little cloying. Undecided.

Upon a retest, I've decided I was just in a weird mood last time, and that this is indeed lovely. Someone made a comparison to VS Amber Romance in the suggestions forum, and I can see that, though AR has a more stinging and heady throw. This isn't to say O isn't a rich scent, it definitely is. The "daffodil" scent must be the amber and vanilla in combination somehow, as I am fairly sure there are no florals in here. Just happens to combine into a smell that reminds me of my beloved Daffies.

...WAIT. I realize what this reminds me of (and why I'm thinking of daffodils)! When I was little, I had a Lady Lovelylocks doll, and she came with two bottles of perfume. One Daffodil, one Vanilla. They could be used separately or layered. I LOVED that stuff and used it for years and years until it was way too gross (and honestly even after that). Little did I know I would discover it again here in the form of O (though it is heavier on the Vanilla side of things). Bizarre. Daffodil is hard to get, it is usually a bouquet of other notes... so I wonder if their bouquet had some amber or honey in it? Anyway, I like. Probably will not smell like daffodils to ANYone else, so I hope everyone sensibly disregards! ;)

I think this would be a good staple in my collection to wear, but most especially to layer. I found that it is AMAZING over Tombstone. I don't need to run out and order it tomorrow, but it will be going on my want list!

Edited by starryeyedcrocodile

Holy fornication! Sticky sweet, musky, and a bit powdery. A honeyed vanilla that has survived a night of raunchy dancing followed by hot sweaty sex and unexpected cuddling.

Another way of looking at it: it's like taking Snake Oil, stripping out all the spices, and then allowing it to mellow for a few hours.

I seem to be drowning myself in sweet musky vanillas lately, so I'm not sure that this one stands enough above the rest to warrant a bottle. But definitely yummy :wub:

In the imp: sweet, slighty fruity amber and vanilla

On me: WHOA! Totally different! Cough syrup, some familiar woodsy type note, and men's cologne. It reminds me of an old man. I let it dry for a few minutes but no longer. I washed this one off, I had no patience.

Obviously, this just doesn't work for me.

I was drawn to this because amber, vanilla, and honey would be a trio of awesome and I love warm scents as a general rule.

I have no idea of how, er, realistically this embodies the concept but this is indeed rather sweaty. Or "moist," or some other exciting adjective. I can't hope to write a review without reading all my sentences as dirty. :P

It's viscous. Sticky and sweet at first, very warm and heady/musky. I'm not used to blends completely devoid of spice but this definitely is a scent describing naked skin. Warm, sweaty skin, if BO is not a factor and you've been running, or... or... :blush: The idea of "skin musk"?

At times I perceive mostly honey (which reminded me strongly of Agrat-Bat-Mahlaht) and others it verges on play-doh, likely because of the vanilla. O is also a hint powdery.

I tested this by just wearing it for the day and I was really self-conscious for a while, wondering if maybe this would be too conceptually accurate (if maybe people would wonder why it's so warm or "sweaty" in here). XD It lingered all day without reapplying, and normally my skin sucks everything up, so that's a plus! I like this a lot and it seems like such a natural scent rather than a perfume that someone can pick out on you; the name is probably what's making me a bit timid.

I definitely can see myself developing a habit for this one, I'm glad I have some. ;)

It's so "organic," which makes it both pleasant/comforting yet also a tinge grody. Spot-on.

I love this from far away... it smells like delicious vanilla amber and most of all, honey. But up close there is that nagging, bizarre smell of fake vanilla that I get in Snake Oil, which is one of the reasons I hate that blend so much! I'm not sure the Lab's vanilla note likes me. Strangely, vanilla amber or vanilla musk are okay on me, but not just *vanilla*.

I have a bottle of this and I'm not sad about that, because from this has great throw and from far away it smells divine. I just have to resist the urge to sniff my wrists because that's when I get a little weirded out by the fake vanilla smell.

I originally got a sniffie of O in a swap and fell in love. My beloved amber lingered in there, as well as lovely honey and vanilla. My ultra-wonderful winter Switch Witch gifted me with a full imp so I finally got to try it for real. What I discovered is that O is deliciously heavy and sticky-sweet smelling. It is definitely a winter scent and a little goes a long long way.

I was curious to try this - honey isn't precisely one of my amp notes, but it agrees very well with my chemistry.

O doesn't really call to mind any bodily fluids, let alone sex, but it does remind me strongly of a (much) less sweet, less boozy Mead Moon. It's a nice mellow scent that's sexy, but not "you will take me now on the nearest horizontal surface or vertical I don't care" sexy. I'd blame the amber; we are pretty apathetic to one another.

Imp: Smells like straight up honey

Wet: Cherries?

Dry: Dana O'Shee with a cherry on top. I smell a little bit of the vanilla and some amber. The honey is keeping things very sweet.

Overall: You know I'm really not sure. I feel like I need to give this one another test down the road. But right now, the overall impression is "meh." The amber is doing weird things to the honey scent and giving it a bit of an artificial smell. The vanilla is really nice, though. But still...cherries...where the eff did those come from?

RETRY 3/19: Okay I was a bit hasty. O just needs more time on my skin than most oils to really hit it's stride. The new Chaos Theories made me want to give this a shot again and I'm happy to say this is smooth and tasty. Imps coming off the swap list and seeing how it fares on bottle auditions...also a possible chaos theory purchase since I'll be this would be a delicious base scent

Edited by CynicalPink

i adore O. i've had the same bottle for at least four years, but have never worn it regularly. embarrassingly, i recall possibly having diluted it back in the day, when i didn't want to be super scented. in any case, what i have left in the bottle is gorgeous. thick honey and vanilla. a real skin scent but better (and my boyfriend actually likes it, which is fab coming from a guy who gets headaches immediately upon sniffing certain strong scents!)

i want to buy a brand new bottle, to compare, but i'm trying to save money. so i'll try to wait until i use this one up. it's still plenty strong.

"O" wow! I am floored. I dislike sugary food scents and am hesitant about amber, so I didn't expect to adore O so much!

There's a sweet fruitiness in the bottle that is a turn off for me, but I don't get any of that once it's on. Instead, it's perfect. The amber keeps the vanilla and honey in line. It lasts forever, too.

Is it sexy? Well...on the one hand, it doesn't scream "SEX!" on me. On the other hand, I couldn't stop sniffing my wrists for the entire time I wore it. Will have to wear it strategically for research. :)

ETA: No! No no no no noooo! Tried O again for a night out, and something was just...off. Was it the aging? The oil is certainly darker and stickier. Has my skin chemistry changed, maybe due to warmer weather or the truckload of anti-inflammatories I've been taking for my knee? It's still nice, but not knock-your-socks (or pants?)-off amazing.

Previously my skin just slurped up the vanilla, but now it sticks around a little longer, which isn't a good thing for me. Makes it too sweet. The amber and honey are playing TOO nicely now, making the scent less interesting.

Ah well. Worst case scenario is I like my O fresh. I'll just have to order imps instead of grabbing a big bottle, I guess.

Edited by TheLetterL

O, from the imp, smells almost bad. Strong and sour, like you're sticking your nose in a big jar of honey. Luckily, that's a good thing, because it means it's a realistic scent!

The trick is to put enough it on so that I can take full advantage of the phenomenal staying power of the honey note, without going into sour territory. Even after a good night's sleep, my wrist still smells of honey, but where real honey would've made me feel sick by now, the honey in O is balanced out by something else - gotta be amber, vanilla alone is a wow-hungry-nauseous scent as well on me - so that it stays brilliant.

I don't really get where people say it smells like sex, though. To me, it's nice and comfy and warm, but nothing more 'energetic' than that!

This scent is wicked!!! I friggin love it much!

I've had the imp for ages and never worn it so I think I'm lucky enough to have a really aged imp. All I can say is YUM! I love vanilla and amber anyway and love honey too in the right blends. This one? Works like a charm. This smells more like honeycomb than honey. It's the same sort of honey that's in pink phoenix...oh my gosh this is yum.

It's slightly similar to snake oil when it's first applied but...sweeter with less spice, honey is there too.

As it dries it becomes so soft and lovely, and the whole thing just smells so divine! mmmmmm!!! I want to slather so much.

Now that Beth has announced the 5th Chaos theory round including an "O" based chaos. Hoard much? yes!

This is soft, sweet, foody but not too foody, slight exotic smelling oil which would be lovely to wear to bed or when you want to be snuggled.

GORGEOUS!!!

In the imp: Sweet honey and vanilla with a sour overtone. It's almost too sweet, but here we go!

Wet on skin: Amping whatever is making this seem sour to me. The vanilla is still there as an afterthought.

Drying: The sourness disappears fairly quickly, and actually--there's nothing left besides a faint floral amber that sort of reminds me of tropical florals and wetland. Weird. My skin is devouring this.

Dry: Yep. My skin is effectively squashing this one. I can barely smell anything at all unless my wrist is right in my face. Still getting the impression of hibiscus.

Hmm. I'll put some behind my ears and see if a bit of my hair won't let it cling a little better ... Oh, yes, this is working much better for me now. The honey, vanilla, and amber definitely get a more even draw with my hair than my skin. Sweet and warm--gorgeous!

Wet: Musky, which is strange seeing as there's no musk in it.

First on: Faint already and it's barely touched my skin.

Dry: Faded completely away. What a shame.

I'm glad to have tried this one.

You see, O and Snake Oil, to my nose, are sisters.

But whereas Snake Oil becomes all playdoh and powder, cloyingly heavy and sweet (to the point of nausea), O is the same sweetness but in wearable form.

The honey adds depth to this, and tempers the blend just enough so it doesn't cause that overkill nausea of SO. It wears close to the skin, and I see how people describe this as "carnal". No dreaded Jizz scent, thank heavens.

I'm not sure how "me" it is, but I'll keep the imp and keep trying. I have feeling it may grow on me with time.

woah! HONEY BEEHAVE!

It's that sticky soft honey powder~ how lovely!

At first I got vanilla-bits, and it felt comparable to snake oil (any thoughts?)-

then the honey comes out and its all musky Butterball~

good lord. watch out world.

Oh man, this is so good. I have no idea how I lasted this long without seeking out an imp, but unf. <3

Okay, in the imp, it's pretty much a honey SN. Which I'm NOT complaining about.

Wet: Warm, delicious honey, with the amber softening up the edges a little. This is one hell of a sexy scent. It's sweet and foody, but not cloying. I'm really, really loving BPAL's honey note. :heart:

Dry: Honey with the slightest bite to it (like wild honey), and a gorgeous powdery haze from the amber. Oh, I think this definitely needs to be a bottle purchase. Though I don't exactly get the, ahem, afterglow scent that others are talking about, I DO think that this is one of the sexiest scents I've ever tried. In a scent locket, this is even MORE scrumptious- the amber is deep and rich and glorious, and the honey is a dead ringer for the real thing. I could bathe in this stuff quite happily, and it does get rather a lot of attention from the boy :wub3:

Edited by downloadstone

I get how some people would like this, but it's so not me. All girl. I'm actually hoping (and betting) that it does not smell the way it does on me remotely like it does on other people. Mostly amber, which in my case smells old, a bit rancid, super powdery and perfumed. Oh amber, I hate you.

This one doesn't leave a huge impression on me. It smells like skin and sweat and honey, which is a great combination, but... I don't amp it at all. :(

Hmm. On second thought, it also reminds me of wild flowers that bloom in the springtime. An interesting blend, that's for sure. Very understated.

O is like nothing I've ever smelled before. It smells fabulous in the imp, but unlike most Bpal or ANY other perfumes for that matter, it smells even better on my skin. O acts like it was made for my skin chemistry. I love it. Only a few scents actually get BETTER on my skin. They are either just as good as they were in the imp or good but different....or much worse. This is SO sexy and feminine. It also layers and mixes with so much! Yes it is honey and amber and vanilla, but it seems there's something else...it's not listed on the notes and it's not something I can name. Whatever it is, it is perfect. I definitely get why this is called O! Not everyone seems to have as great of luck as me with this. On my mom it smells kinda rancid, but that's just her skin chemistry. I suggest everyone try this at least once! If it works for you, chances are your man will be trying to catch a sniff whenever he can...and this wears close to the skin, so it's even better ;) This is my #1 skin scent. I hope I always have this on hand, it never fails to make me feel sexy!

O sinks so well into my skin that it almost becomes a part of my chemistry.

I love the soft way the honey and amber make my skin warm and soft. The is blend is truly a work of art.

Huge thank you to the super sweet and kind drmomof2boys who sent me a full decant of this!

In the vial: Sickly sweet nectar (indistinct fruit + raw honey), and yet, not actually sickening-- if that makes any sense. :lol:

Wet: Smells even more like fruit nectar concentrate on my skin.

Drydown: Ah, here's some of that amber now! Lovely. And yes, lots of vanilla-- to the point that it almost smells like almond extract on me. :eek:

Verdict: I will cherish and love this decant of O, but don't see a bottle in my future. That vanilla-into-almond note just isn't what I'm fond of. But the rich sultry amber and nectar is really nice.

ETA: Here we go, now I detect more of that honey. Unfortunately, I think it smells a smidgeon sour on my skin.

Edited by Shollin