Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The scent of sexual obsession, slavery to sensual pleasure, and the undercurrent of innocence defiled utterly. Amber and honey with a touch of vanilla.

in the bottle: HONEY! there's also a sweet non-honey note in the background, but i can't place it.

wet on skin: honey and vanilla. sweet and sexy :D

dry down: while i'm not getting any amber, i'm hardly complaining- i got a precious vial of Honey SN not long ago and anything that will prevent me from having to use THAT up is fine with me! :P

in all: if you love honey and don't have the money for the SN, get some of this, it's almost as heavenly as the original!

:D

Initial impression:

Honey and amber form a sort of sticky, sweet and skin-like scent – quite yummy, somehow.

First on:

The honey is overwhelming at first. Honey, honey, honey! Nothing else.

Dry:

After about 20 mins, it mainly smells like beewax candles. Not honey in itself, just... beewax.

An hour later, it's a very soft scent of vanilla with the tiniest hint of honey to it.

Finally:

I'm not sure about this one. I wanted to love it, I wanted it to totally sex me up. But it didn't. Hmm. I really don't know if I'm keeping this one...

this doesn't actually smell like honey to me. its almost like a mix between hellcat and skuld which I like both of them better than I do O. It has a bit more almond then I like and I don't dislike it I jsut like other bpals better.

O

Out of the bottle: Sweet and a little naughty. The scent reminds me of something I have smelled before, but I can't remember what. The amber is pervasive, though I think I smell a hint of vanilla. No honey at all, though.

Wet: Amber is all I can smell; it completely overpowers everything else in this scent. I no longer smell that hint of vanilla I got out of the bottle, and honey is nowhere to be found. Just amber.....

Dry: Still nothing but amber. Kinda sad; I really wanted to love this, but it isn't working for me.

One month later:

Isn't it strange how much your skin chemistry changes when you add hormones? I decided to give this another try (by coincidence, during "that" time of the month) and it's WONDERFUL now. Sticky, delicious, marvelous honey, with a hint of vanilla, and the softest whisper of amber. I am so happy!

(edited for further impressions)

Edited by ValerianOddity

For some reason I get a sour smell from O when I put it on...not sure what it is but after drydown I get some vanilla and some honey but still that slight sour smell.

Not sure about this one...I'll have to wear it a little more before I decide if it's a keeper!

It's smells like amber, warm honey, burnt sugar, tiny bit of almond at first, then on skin it morphs into a scent which I cannot describe. I can only admire. Instant big bottle.

Edited by Kosyena

I never thought I'd be a fan of sweet scents, but "flavours" like "O" and "Defututa" are quickly changing my mind! I got this as a frimp with my locket order, and was really happy because I've read so many wonderful, sexy things about "O".

In the imp this was all, crystal-sugary honey. On my skin, the amber immediately came to the foreground, and for a little while had a bit of a powderiness that was a bit on the deodoranty side, but that left after an hour or so. What lingered was extremely sweet amber with a touch of that honey-ed edge and vanilla warmness.

Not terribly sexy on me, but soft and inoffensive enough for an everyday sort of scent. I think I may need a 5 ml of this, to switch on and off with Defututa. This isn't as complex, but definately friendly and girly without being floral!

AFter reading the reviews I knew I would either love it or hate it. Well, I don't exactly hate it but I tend to amp anything with honey in it. O was very disappointing in that all I got was honey. Not even a trace of amber. The same thing happened with Alice. All honey, no flowers, . I see nothing sexy about O. My chemistry just eats up everything but the honey. Dan O'Shee is enough of honey for my taste.

O proved a great disappointment. :D Though a delightful and complex blend, it faded so quickly I was sort of shocked. I thought I hadn't put on enough, so I kept reapplying but the stuff was simply spun of air. I even thought, as I read the other reviews, that maybe somehow this batch I got was not mixed properly? :P

I just get frustrated with this one as it's an exercise in futility to try to hold onto it. :D

This one didn't work for me.

Wet, I was reminded for some reason of marachino cherries...which for me is not a good thing.

Dry, I couldn't think of what it was it reminded me of, but, I didn't care for it. I asked my husband, and his response was, "Baby powder." I sniffed again, and yes, that is it exactly.

I'm disapointed. I was looking for something sexy, and baby powder just won't do. I have no idea why my response is so out of line with so many of the rest. Ah well.

Washing it off. :P

O

Bottle: dark sexy wild honey

Wet: sexy vanilla honey

Dry: warm and sexy honeyed-amber!

Um, did I mention this was sexy?

In the bottle: Oh yes...no wonder it's called: "O", because that's the first reaction I had. Immediate detection of the honey.

Wet on skin: There's still the initial honey impression, but it's being wrestled down by the amber...it's pretty strong at this stage for me.

Drydown: Okay, here comes vanilla, but all three settle down and play nice. The scent lasted a long time, but wasn't overpowering. I really want a big bottle of this one!

Honey tends to go musky on me, this fortunately does not. It is a light fresh honey. I want to say "honey flower" but I don't want to suggest floral. I really like it and it might go to a bottle purchase.

O is sex in a bottle for me.

In the bottle was honey and amber.

Wet was honey and vanilla.

Dry was all three mixed warm and sensual.

My bf liked this one A LOT!

Think I need a big bottle. :P

Tried this twice; was sorely disappointed both times. I was expecting good, sexy fun, but no! I'm not sure what is making this scent stink on me, but I suspect it is the amber (as Bastet had a similar initial scent before the almonds of awesome took over). It was dirty and not in the good way. The scent was like that from the moment I put it on to when it faded.

I will simply say this: while wearing this, no less than three people asked what smelled like piss (in three different places as well so it was not something in the surroundings). Yeah.

There was none of the vanilla that I was hoping for, but I'm also going to wait and see if this improves with age. *sigh* I had such high hopes as well!

This smells like the kind of person I want to look like - beautiful, warm, sexy...it's almost like gorgeous warm sweet skin that just smells nice on its own, with no perfume. It's subtle and sweet without smelling like any one thing, except honey in the very begining. It's really amazing!! I can't wait for my big bottle to arrive.

honey. just honey. straight-up honey, that aquires a slight film of powder from the amber on drydown. and its not a good powder!

I could do without. :P

At first it smells like Snake Oil and honey, and I think, "Yay, it's not going to fade and turn to powder!" And then, what does it do? You guessed it. Sigh. But this would be a nice scent locket oil, anyway.

At first I got a lot of the honey and musk, with something a little burnt in the background, almost like toasty marshmallows. It was getting more and more delicious as the vanilla came out, until... what? Honey and baby powder? I kept sniffing it desperately, thinking maybe that's just what it smells like when honey, musk, vanilla and amber combine, and my nose is just too amateur to distinguish it. But no, soon the honey disappeared too, and it was all powder. To my even greater dismay, I soon began to get an actual sour smell in its place, and hurried to wash it off.

:P I really wanted to love O, but it just wasn't meant to be. I guess I'm just glad I didn't save it to test on a special day, like I'd originally intended.

When I first put this on I almost cried.

I have wanted this scent for a long time and finally found a cheap partial bottle so was thrilled.

But wet on my skin it smelled like a dirty, old sponge or stale, stagnant water and I was trying to remember the key notes in this and wonder what was going wonky on my skin or if the person i bought it from had added water to it to try to make it look like there was more in the bottle.

My first thought was to wash it off 'cause i didn't want to smell like i was dirty all day.

But then I thought i'd let it dry down 'cause BPAL so often morphs and changes as the oil dries and the day goes on...and it did.

Once it dried I was left with a lovely, warm, sort of sweet but not foody sweet or florally sweet, more sexy, glistening skin sweet scent.

Now i've had it on about 2-1/2 hours and it's warmed up even more.

I'd say this is a nice scent for a summer night out in a slinky dress with some good drinks, good friends, and good music.

I don't know if I can add much to the reviews but OMG-- this one takes me back to a special romantic weekend where we hardly left the room. Yep, I totally get that sweaty, musky body heat smell coupled with honey powder. I am resisting the urge to call "him" and set up a torrid and hot meeting! Glad I bought the bottle with this one and I will need to get more...

In the Imp (wet): Fresh candy sweet vanilla ice-cream sundae.

On facial cotton (dry): Still sweet, but it's gone powdery and sickening sick, rather than the rich thick sweetness I had hoped for. Amber takes awhile to make an appearance, but it's worth the wait.

On me: I'll admit I've heard a lot of rave reviews of O and how it's a lot of people's favorite BPAL scent. And I can see why. It's a womanly scent, that is tempting and playful. Not quite ditzy chick, but one who knows how to push your buttons and grins mischieviously when you react as she expected. The amber is warm, gentle and soft in coaxing tendrils of sweetness.

Frimped this from a forum order! :P

It's sort of sour-sweet-dusty-dirty body odor. Not horrible, but not all that terribly good. Sort of a skin scent on me. Probably won't wear this.

O is everything good about honey smells, but none of the bad. i think this might be my new post bath, before bed scent.