Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

in the bottle: yummy, yummy YUMMY coffe and creamy eggnog! :thud:

wet on skin: same, with the coffee smelling more and more like those coffee candies we ate as kids! :yum:

dry down: the cream and spice of last year's eggnog, combined with the subtle, beautiful coffee of Pinched With Four Aces, this is a total winner.

in all: i predict this to be one of the most coveted BPAL scents of the year, if not all time!

:wub2: :wub2: :wub2:

A perfect combination of Egg Nog and Miskatonic University, dead on.

ETA: Just wanted to add that after a day of wearing this, it smells even more like Misk U. It doesn't have the cloying sweetness the way Misk U does, but it has the coffee and even a bit of the irish cream/alcohol, after all, egg nog does have alcohol in it. I stand by my statement that it is a combination of Misk U and Egg Nog. It certainly doesn't smell exactly like either (it's missing a lot of the milk and the coffee is WAY in the forefront for it to smell anything like Egg Nog) but that would be no fun if it smelled one way or the other, right? I still think it's hypothetically what Egg Nog and Misk U would smell like together if they each had the same throw/wearlength and were blended perfectly. And yeah, that's my opinion.

Edited by deleahrium

A perfect combination of Egg Nog and Miskatonic University, dead on.

I'd have to disagree. It has the same coffee note, but not the Irish creme element. Instead, the sweetness comes from the Egg Nog. For those of you who have tried Egg Nog 07, this is very much the same scent. It balances out the bitterness of the coffee nicely; unfortunately, like its predecessor, it's not nearly as potent as I'd hoped. Still for me, it's a keeper.

I think that the creaminess of this is reminiscent of Misk U, but it smells just like it sounds: like a delicious egg nog latte! On my skin, both notes play out, with neither one taking over. It's pure foody heaven! :P

Cutting and pasting my thoughts from the East Coast Will Call thread:

Egg Nog Latte is really nice... wet, it's more latte, and dry, it's more noggy. I can smell the nog teetering on the verge of becoming plasticy (I swapped my bottle of Egg Nog eons ago for this reason) but the coffee is keeping it in line for now. I don't usually seek out the coffee scents, but this is scrumptious.

This doesn't have a lot of throw on me... it stays VERY close to the skin. I can't get over how authentic this smells!

A very nice blend of yes, eggnog and latte. That's about it, really. Those I smelled it on, it didn't morph much on. It's just yum yum delicious! 

SO glad we brought toys to donate, and not just because it's good to donate toys to toy drives and bring love to kiddies, or because we found this fantastic Craftsman "my first tool box" and a hotrod transformer :P to give away to some lucky kid. 

What can I say about this other than COFFEE? Um, a bit of milk and a splash of egg nog? It's exactly what it says it is, egg nog, coffee, and milk. And I don't like coffee.

When I first open the bottle it's in your face coffee latte with a background of egg nog. On my skin it dries down to a fainter, more egg nog, less coffee. Nice, but ultimately not something I'm going to wear very often. Smells a bit like egg nog latte ice cream as everything goes fairly sweet on me.

I swapped my bottle with someone who adores coffee scents. She'll be far happier with it than me.

All I can think of for holiday scents are the wonderful decadent foods and cocktails. I'm oh-so-bummed to have missed the Egg Nog scent from last year.... :D

On a similar note, though, I have come to adore a chilean drink (one of my best friends is Chilean) called Cola de Mono, which is a coffee spiced nog (no egg). I means Tail of the Monkey, I assume because if you drink too much you can get a little crazy--hehe!

I make it in large batches every year, and it goes super quickly when the crowd comes (pretty quickly when its just me at home, too. Chuckle). I think it'd make a phenomenal scent: Sweet vanilla cream, expresso, a hint of holiday citrus, Booze (pisco is the tradition, but I cant' get that so i use brandy,rum, vodka--whatever's on hand and tasty), and wonderful spices--cinnamon, clove and nutmeg are what I put in mine. (my recipe is obviously a bit different than the link--there are tons of versions).

Mmmmmmm...I'm suddenly feeling ready for the holidays.

I posted that over three years ago, and this scent delivers my quintessential holiday scent better than I could've hoped!

Bottle: Super coffee scent, definitely has that strong bitter coffee scent down pat.

Wet: Immediately sweeter when it hits my skin. Strong bitter coffee plus sugar and heavy cream, with a delicious touch of holiday spices—nutmeg, presumably, but I think there may be a bit of cinnamon, too. This is SO fantastic.

Dry: The spicy creaminess predominates, supported by a touch of aromatic coffee that eventually fades and leaves a delicious creamy vanilla scent behind on my skin.

Overall: Fantabulously wonderful creamy sweetened nog-coffee.

I highly doubt that my cola de mono scent fantasies had anything to do with the concept for this scent, but I’m thrilled to have this. It is what I've always wanted for Christmas. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU! :P

eta--my only complaint is that I know its gonna be a bitch to get more! :D

Edited by jewelbug

This scent makes me happy even before I sniffed it - I love that it represents such generosity on the part of the Lab and the Lab's customers. Yay toy drive! I'm wearing it today partly because I am excited, but also because I'm hoping the smell of caffeinated beverages and sugar will make me more awake for my 8 AM math final.

In the bottle: This is a dead ringer. I could be holding a Starbucks cup under my nose right now - except this might be better than Starbucks. Now I want coffee.

Wet on skin: Still a dead ringer! It's more coffee then nog, though the nog makes the coffee sweet and creamy. I so want coffee now.

Drydown: Freshly dry, it's not morphing at all. It manages to still smell liquid, even though it's definitely dry. At one hour in, it's much the same - completely utterly accurate. Srsly guys, I want coffee so bad. But it is math test time instead.

Five hours later: Still going strong with the accurate sweet noggy coffee! And you know what? I AM GOING TO GET COFFEE NOW. Also, pancakes. Yes.

End of the day: It's still there! I've had this on for more than twelve hours! And it really hasn't morphed much in this time, either. It's fainter, but the balance is pretty much the same - there might be more of the spice part of the nog now, but there's still plenty of creamy sweet coffee all around.

Overall: Love. This is totally a dead ringer for its namesake, and that namesake is such a wonderful-smelling happymaking thing. I'm happy to have it! Though I may have to be cautious with wearing it, since I suspect it might make me crave the genuine drinkable article every time I wear it!

Eggnog latte...is the scent of the inside of a coffeeshop during the holidays: coffee, steamed milk, and the spices of whatever is in the holiday specials and baked goods. Sweeter and richer than Bah, which was OMG strong coffee on me when tested at the lab. Also, better on my skin than Misk U, as that one had a parchment note that, combined with coffee, just did not play nicely on me.

Eggnog Latte likes me, though.

On my skin the spices and the eggnog come out, but the coffee is still there. It just isn't out in front anymore.

I could still smell this on my skin the next day! The coffee was gone, but the eggnog and a little bit of the spice lingered. Very yum, and excellent for days when reapplying a scent just isn't in the cards.

I will be honest with you all, when I saw Egg Nogg, I was not excited. Last years Egg Nogg went on strong wet and then disappeared completely from my skin. This does something different. Its not very strong, it does not have really any throw, but, it's not disappearing, either. It's very light and yummy, as by the title is a foody scent but it's not overpowering foody. I personally, as a foody, love strong food scents, but I think people who aren't big into foody scents would throughly enjoy how light this is. And it's not specifically egg nogg or latte, it's a bit of a combination of both.

I've had it on two hours, and it's still there, it has faded a little bit, but I can still tell i'm wearing something.

I think that this is one of those scents that would do well with some aging. *sticks it in her bathroom drawer with a note to review again halfway through next year*

So, admittedly the first time I took a wiff of Egg Nogg Latte, I didn't like it. However, I do like it on.

On me it's reminiscent of coffee with a very faint spiced background note. What's funnier yet is that this one actually has a decent throw on me compared to the other BPAL scents that I've tried so far. This is definitely going to be my 'holiday season with the family' scent.

Eggnog with coffee buried deeply in latte frothy cream. On the drydown, the coffee loses its strength as the spice rises sweetly to the surface. Definitely a close cousin to miskatonic, but it's a different drink in a different cafe.

This is a stepping out from the sniffly cold and settling in to foggy-warmth and sounds of my favorite cafe during the holiday season. So sweet and warming, it's half the reason I came in was to soak the atmospheric haze of deliciousness. The eggnog comes out nicely, but for me just as in my drinks, I prefer a little more coffee kick.

I'm presently considering mixing some drops of coffee SN in here. Going to try the blend first to see how it goes, I'll let yall know.

Oh, I love this. I was able to get this as a gift for someone and now I desperately need to get some for myself.

It starts off with a super jolt of coffee, but once it's on the skin the coffee calms down and it's a beautiful spicy, creamy egg nog scent.

Can I say it again, I love this. I'm thinking about giving something else, esp. since this was gifted to me. I'm sentimental. (((blush)))

Edited by Femme_Fatale

i received a sniffie of this from a lovely forumite =-)

this is pure indulgence...sweet, creamy latte...and egg nog...nothing funky

going on here... perfection!!

i feel blessed i was able to sniff this beauty :P

In Bottle, Coffe secret eggnog.

Wet, sweet vanilla and coffee and some spice.

Dry, warm creamy vanilla spice. However when the wind blows I get a whiff of coffee and ask myself where that smell is coming from and I guess it is me but nose to wrist all I get is egg nog.

I was so glad that this did not smell like coffee on me.

in the bottle this si spot on egg nog latte, sweet eggy vanilla, and a shot of coffee.

wet remains very similar to in the bottle

as it dries the coffee is less prominent and it is a sifter spicier, scent, very christmassy, very "foody" i am not so much a foody girl as a heavy incensy musk girl, but foodies will surely love this beautiful scent

This smells absolutely gorgeous in the bottle, but sadly, just like Egg Nog, this does not work with my skin chemistry and turns to plastic. :P

I am editing this to say...I meant to say it smells gorgeous in the vial! I do not have a bottle. :D

Edited by strangemodegirl

This is more latte, and less eggnog, which is fine with me-i've been craving more bpal coffee blends. This smells SO good. Truly good enough to drink. Delicious creamy latte with a splash of eggnog. I only hope this smells as good on my skin!!!

Mmmm yes, perfect coffee and eggnog blend. Just sweet enough without being sickening, and the coffee/latte note is SPOT ON. As it dries, I get more cinnamon and nutmeg and the coffee tones down, making this much more wearable.

Yep, this is truly amazing. I feel so lucky to have it. The perfect eggnog latte blend. I do hope Beth thinks of bringing this out next season as a Yule, I think it would be so beloved!!!

:P

As soon as I saw this I knew I had to try to track down a bottle, Egg Nog is one of my very favorite scents, and I love the smell of coffee as well (yay Misk U!). I was lucky to swap for a bottle, and I am in loooooove. As others have said, this is a perfect combination of egg nog and sweetened coffee, with a little extra spice sprinkled on top. At first it is all egg nog latte, but after an hour or two the foodyness fades a little, and it turns into this amazing creamy coffee spice that feels very sophisticated. It sticks close to my skin, but it LASTS and all day long I get whiffs of nutmeg and cinnamon and delicious egg nog coffee. Perfection!

In the bottle: Like smelling a freshly made Eggnog Latte

Wet: A beautifully rich coffee, with creamy eggnog.

A few minutes on: Lightly spiced coffee

It's getting a generically spiced creaminess.. which is similar to how Eggnog smelled on me. The coffee is there but it's faint.

On the right person, this would be awesome.. but not so much on me. :P

Holy coffee, Batman! I get latte more than eggnog, but there is a sweet buttery note in there too to make it complete--tasty holiday goodness!

spicy coffee! it's warm and spicy and i smell cocoa and coffee and something a little bit creamy. My husband says it smells like gingersnaps, snickerdoodles and coffee. this is wonderful and a total keeper. Get this if you loved Bah! or Egge'd Mailbox since to me it smells like a combination of those two scents. i love eggnog latte! :P

I have to admit that I'm NOT a huge fan of coffee scents or flavors (unless it is actually coffee itself!!)

But this reminds me of Pinched a little bit (I haven't smelled Misk U) and is wonderfully creamy and lovely. I like the smell of BPAL's egg nog more than the real thing -- kind of opposite of the coffee.

I am so lucky that Little Goat donated a toy for me at Will Call!! :P

I REALLY like this one. It's creamy eggnog with latte, just like the namesake but it's not overly latte-ish, which some latte/coffee scents can be. What I DON'T like about is it lasts all of 2 seconds. I put some on before I went to Christmas Eve mass and when I came back, I could barely smell it on my wrists. :P

The same thing happened with Eggnog from last year, too. Love it but not strong enough.

If this was a Yule blend, I'd buy several bottles and try the ol scent in the hair trick.