Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Alice Aforethought

Fenris Wolf

The raw, untamable power of chaos. Rosewood, amber, red musk and a dribble of red sandalwood.

Sandalwood is the first thing you smell and is the most dominant thing about this oil. The red musk is close behind though. The combination of both is just gorgeous – warm, sultry, musky, full bodied and rich smelling. The amber is not noticeably here, but adds the warmth characteristic of amber, as well as a touch of sweetness (but not a cloying candy like sweetness). This is absolutely gorgeous. A superb red musk/sandalwood blend.

many thanks to Baitu and the Civet Evangelism Circle!!!

Initial thoughts: Hmmm... I like the concept, but the notes just aren't thrilling me. I'll be intrigued to see what it does on my skin, but I'm not giddy with joy just yet.

In the imp: Intriguing - the oil is dark, dark reddish brown, and that's what it smells like - dark, reddish brown. It's a little heavy on the musk and sandalwood for my liking on first sniff, but it's got a dark sort of charm.

On the wrist, wet: Mmmm, this is rather appropriately named. It's quite feral and, at the risk of sounding like a complete weirdo, furry. A red, woody musk, with a spicy tingle from the sandalwood. I'm rather warming to this, providing it doesn't do anything crazy on the dry-down.

Twenty minutes later: This is a fairly simple scent - as it would be, with those notes - soft and musky and feral. I tend to go for something louder and more elaborate, but there's no reason why I shouldn't wear this occasionally.

Verdict: Keeping the imp - don't think I'll wear it often enough to warrant a bottle

Tl;Dr: A soft, slightly sweet, slightly spicy, very feral musk.

In The Bottle

Nice sweet and very slightly spicey

On Application

Rosewood (not my favourite scent) and musk giving an almost cherry/almond scent.

Dry Down

I am thinking it is the red musk that turned awful in some of the other scents I have tried. This is a headache-inducing miss for me.

Rating (0-5)

this scent smells exactly like this hippie shop we would go in when i was in high school. haven't thought of that hole in years. Very incensey and sweet. this gives me a slight headache. i think this one would be better loved elsewhere.

Oooh. Just Oooooooohhh.

On my skin, this is exactly what I'd hoped it would be - amber, musk, and a sweet, evergreeny smell that immediately reminds me of Nag Champa incense - the red sandalwood, I imagine.

This is very feral, but warm and spicy and woody. Unisex, but as usual, I wanna smell this on the boy...

A warm woody scent. The mix of amber and rosewood is gorgeous. (I'd love that combo in more feminine company) The red musk and red sandalwood add a haze of menace. Fenris is a golden furred wolf with glowing red eyes.

This one is going off to Mr. Isis' imp box. He will love it :P

Haha, interesting. This is Gabriel Knight, in wolf form. Warm reddish fur. Cozy. Wild and powerful, yet not threatening.

I thought amber and i didn't get along, but it seems to be okay in this blend. Would it be strange to wear it on a full moon? Awwoooooooooo! :P

And it gets better the longer it's been on.

3/5

Edited by AthenaRose

I don't like wearing masculine or even unisex scents so I almost didn't try this one. I am so glad I did! It is not a masculine scent after the first 15 minutes or so. It is actually hard for me to imagine a scent this sweet on a man.

Wet Wood is the dominant note at first and it does smell masculine for about ten minutes. It almost smells like a mixture of Mandrake with the incense notes that are in Black Lily.

As it dries It becomes much sweeter. I guess this is the red musk and amber. It is YUM! There is still some wood scent, especially when I sniff my wrist directly but the throw is all sweet and musky. There is some kind of flower in here as well, I think.

Dry Sweet and musky with a little bit of elegant woodiness in the background. I LOVE this! It is sweet and sexy without being perfume-y. It doesn't smell like I'm screaming for attention. I am in my mid-forties and there are lots of scents I like but feel they are too young for me. This one feels all grown up.

After three hours, when many BPALs are long gone on my scent-eating skin, I can still smell this although it doesn't seem to have the throw that it did for the first hour.

I can imagine this smelling lovely layered with Queen Mab

Edited by Myrrha

I love everything about this one. It's warm and woody and truly beautiful. The rose wood and amber are predominant on me, while the red musk and red sandalwood sort of float throughout. It's a very wild but comforting blend. Yum!

In imp: Musk, and lots of it.

Wet on skin: The musk is still standing up and yelling for attention, but something like sawdust has crept into the background. There’s a note of something like incense, maybe it’s the sandalwood and amber? The entire blend is morphing and darkening, a burnt edge to everything.

Drydown: It’s…puzzling on the drydown. The musk and sandalwood have melded in together, and the amber seems to have joined in as well. The rosewood is nowhere to be seen, at least to my nose. It’s a very powerful scent, in terms of both throw and how it makes you feel. There’s a tingle in the musk that reminds me of both Faustus and Jolly Roger.

Overall: It’s a maybe. The scent is definitely masculine, but I may wear it on those days that I need to be in charge and on top of my game. For everyday use, though, no. Too dominant and challenging.

I am not too proud to say this one scared the dickens out of me just to see it as a frimp. I've heard about Fenris Wolf and his maties, Satyr and Wolfsbane. I will not tolerate your male sex freak shenanigans on my skin, mmmkay? *braces self*

In the bottle all I smell is red musk. Not good.

Mmmmm, sandalwood. Wet on the skin and it's all sandalwood. Weird. Drying, the red musk shows itself. I knew you where there, evil musk.

The musk stays in the back and the woods and resin come to play nicely with each other. I can see this as a guy scent, but once again the red musk tips this into "eh, uniform smelliness" as so many other musks do. To the swaps.

Wet and in the imp: Musk.

Drydown: Almost nothing. A very faint skin musk when I put my nose right up to it.

A bit later it's turning to...mint? The hell? Not a sharp mint, but more of a soft, sweet scent like wintergreen. Nature of chaos, I suppose.

An hour later, here come the amber and sandalwood. Very sensual, not a lot of throw, but that's what I want in a musky scent.

I like this a lot, but I'm definitely not getting the same strong, feral scent that others have reported. May need to try it at a different point in my cycle to see if different hormones amp it up.

Keeping the imp; it will have to impress me more before I buy a bottle.

Once applied, the scent stayed a fierce musk scent. Throughout the day, amber tended to come and go. The amber did last for a long long time. I really enjoyed this scent.

I was very interested in Fenris Wolf and sadly disappointed.

As I stated in my Czernobog review, musks usually stink on me.

Fenris Wolf, while a very good blend, reminded me just a little too much of Iago.

I may try again later.

This is a very overpowering and masculine scent. Sadly just too strong on me (I'll stick to Satyr for my sandalwood-goodness).

It's very deep, heavy, powerful. There's a wonderful note of sandalwood behind something stronger, the musk probably though I kept thinking 'somewhat smoky'. It does mellow down a bit, less overpowering, balancing out a bit but still too powerful to suit me.

This would suit a big, strong, decidedly masculine man I'd say. Yeah, that would work perfectly.

I notice the red musk and sandalwood. Sharpish scent -- appropriate for something with claws. It might even be described as furry. (Yes, my imagination is easily led -- that's the point.) It's a nice scent, but definitely not sexy.

Later, it's turning woody -- amber and sandalwood. Nice! This stage didn't last, but it was wonderful.

Overall, I think this blend might be a touch masculine on me. I don't think it's really complementing my chemistry, somehow. Nothing wrong, exactly, but nothing special. Too bad.

Oh so sexy--red musk is made of win, always and it blends beautifully with the woods here! The rosewood in particular stands out. This is certainly a red musk that a man could wear, but it's by no means exclusively masculine. Strong with great throw too! Very nice.

Ooh, a red musk blend! I am excited, red musk works very well on me. It is a gloriously sweet red musk, with a bit of woods thrown in. This fades pretty quickly, a close to the skin scent. Very nice, but I have a lot of red musk scents that I like better. I thought this would be pretty masculine on me, due to the title and other comments, but it really is just a toned down Scherezade for me with a bit of woods. I really like this one!

Dark, dark, dark! I remembered this had musk in it(:heart:) and I definitely smelled it, but I never would have pegged this for red musk! Red musk either goes on me fantastically well, or very wierd. This was rich, rugged, with cedary tinges to it. Didn't last long, but a very sexy, dry blend. :yum:

Oh, my goodness! :thud: This is incredible!

Warm, spicy-woodsy, delightfully assured. It hangs close to the skin, but feels like potency. With a delightfully fruity impression in the background. But mostly warm, woodsy, and confident in an oh-so-sexy way.

This goes in my new favorites! 

I've had my bottle of Fenris Wolf for almost a full year now . No idea why it's taken me this long to write up a review , as I wear it a couple times a month , easily . Although after putting it on today , I think it may be a good thing I waited . See , I have always had a affinity for all things Loki . And seeing as how the Wolf is one of Loki's kin , I had to make it one of my original order .

When I first got it , I honestly wasn't as impressed as I hoped I would be . It was nice , but quite frankly I found it to be sweeter then I would have liked . But , today I am not getting so much sweetness as before . Today I am getting a much darker , smokiness from it I have never noticed . Is it from aging ? I can't say for sure . I am very much getting the musk ( love my musks :yum: ) , more so than before . And the wood , while sweet in it's rosewood kind of way , is much more layered with a background smell of a drier , harsher wood . I'm really digging it today , more so then ever before . Now to see if I get any comments at work today ...

Ok so, the oil is dark, earthy red in color. I know I'm going to like this one :D

Out of the vial is warm, red musk and sandalwood.

On my skin I smell more amber and a lot of rosewood. This is a delightfully woody/resinous blend. Some people have said this is really masculine but, when I think of masculine I think of sharp lavender scents or scents decribed as "smoky". I guess this could be described as unisex but to me, this is a femenine perfume.

When I wave my hand a few feet away from my face I smell pure, amber and sandalwood incense (not the headshop variety...it's more of a warm, smoldering wood smell.)

The final stage isn't so different than the top and middle...maybe a bit more sandalwood but this is still a harmonius resin/wood perfume. I love this! :wub2:

Great find, I will certainly be using all of my imp ^_^

In the imp this is all musk and wood. Very masculine. Woods/masculine blends aren't my thing, so I am almost positive that even when I test this it won't be a blend I would like, but it does smell very alluring in the imp. Deep rich musky wood-particularly rosewood.

On my skin this is HELLO WOOD-but I really can't discount the red musk in this either. Rosewood and red musk! In your face! Rawr!

Yep-rich red woods and musk! If this is your thing, you have to check this blend out!

Very sexy, manly, and smokin' hot! Unfortunately on me something goes plasticky at first, and then it dries to sweet and spicy. I like it, but it's better in the imp than on my skin.

Ooooohhh, I love this! It's like the masculine counterpart to Khrysee...golden, warm, amber deliciousness, but with an added earthiness and animalistic quality that is pretty effin fantastic.:thud: This is a definite keeper. Can't wait to slather it on my guy, but he can't have this one for keeps - it's mine! :twisted: