Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

Yes....bubblegum 'n' candy :D with just a little hint of something spicy....I don't know...don't think it's cinnamon or cassia, but something like it ( my nose, she is still a little...how do you say?...untrained )

It's not something I want to smell like all day, but yet I'm being stalked by the Jailbait....it seems to show up as a frimp very often.

That's okay though, because although I don't feel like smelling like it myself.....the 5-year old boy really loves smelling like candy and I love it when he does, so he gets dabbed with it whenever he feels like it! :P

eta: description

Edited by gaai

Jailbait cracks me up!

It smells exactly as described. Bubblegum, maybe cherry flavored, maybe orange flavored. When you put your arm up to get a cheerful whiff though, you hesitate a moment...what IS that underneath? Florals and musk? Am I a sexy cougar who can't face middle age, or a coquettish baby with nasty curiosity?

Genius! This is such a clever and funny perfume. Get an imp, and a schoolgirl outfit, and have a little fun.

:P

Starts with a smell that makes me want to glue my nose to my wrist, the part of a lollipop that says “suck on me.” Now it’s turning a bit spicy. This is a foodie smell I actually like to wear. Funny how that works. It does settle down to slightly more subtle. On me, it’s exacty as described.

Pink bubblegum - the kind that's hard like Bazooka Joe's - with powdered sugar on the outside. There's a light perfume lingering in the background.

In the Imp: Pink bubblegum, no doubt. I can practically smell the artificial flavoring and sugar.

Initial Wet: Still pink bubblegum of the generic bubble gum flavoring.

Initial Dry: Now some of the fruitiness comes and and goes a bit sour on my chemistry, but not as sour as more pure fruit notes. Now it smells like fruit gum instead of pink bubblegum.

Drier Dry: As it dries fully, a lot of the bubblegum disappears to be replaced with more of the fruity lollypop smell. Underneath it, I can definitely smell the perfume.

This has to be one of the few scents that I've tried that, on my weird chemistry, is exactly true to description. Bubblegum and lollypops over a heady woman's perfume. It definitely makes me giggle, but I'm not sure it's something I'd wear very often. I think it would definitely perk up my mood when I'm feeling too stressed or serious.

Mmmmmmmmm... cherry blow pops!! < drools > OMG, this is such a WONDERFUL sweet sugary foody lover's dream scent!! MUST. HAVE. BOTTLE. Multiples even!! This is cherry lollipop candy and wonderful pink bubblegum. Sooooo delicious!!

Yum! I totally get bubblegum on the first smell in the imp and then cherry lollipops. This initially smelled like a cherry blow pop or cherry gum. But then I smell something else, perhaps this is the woman's perfume? Something :P kinda like chemicals? But this seems to work out for me and smell awesome after a while.

I put this on the other night to go clubbing. In my "manfriend's" words, it smells like a teenage girl. Bubblegum and lollipops with just a tiny tiny tiny touch of something slightly ladylike that only pops up in the beginning. This has a weird...nostalgic effect on my nostrils, taking me back to when I was a teen girl, eating BloPops every day at school and tasting that change from hard cherry candy to soft sugary bubblegum. I felt really almost naughty wearing this, and had a blast getting odd glances from men periodically when I'd dance past. Has a nice throw on my skin that ust kind of floated around me, creating a little halo of sticky candy that shifted as I moved.

I think I may pick up a bottle of this next paycheque. I'm surprisingly in love.

In the bottle: ooh, cherry bubblegum, totally! I didn't think it was possible!

On my skin: I get almonds there. And then, lots of cherries too.

After a couple of hours: the bubblegum sticks to my skin. Sometimes, it even gets a little medicinal (cough syrup-like), but it's mostly pink bubblegum.

Verdict: very girlie, funny and entertaining, but not exactly my thing for everyday-wear.

I LOVED the description of this one and wasn't sure I was going to like it when I smelled it in the bottle. OH HOW WRONG I WAS.

It does go on sickeningly sweet bubble gum. Smelled like Trident to me. But that fades a bit and mellows within just a few minutes. It then morphs to a sweet, pretty, soft floral that is very nice (and I am not a floral gal).

This *is* the scent of Jailbait. It took me right back to high school. Well done!

I definitely get bubblegum and lollipops, but I'm not so sure about the "heady womanly perfume" bit. This is pure candy on me, and it's the candy that you get out of the candy machine at the grocery store, because it has that slightly metallic tinge to it of a piece of gum that's been sitting in there just a little too long. Fruity and sugary. I can't decide if it's for me or not, so I'll come back to it at a later time, I think.

In the imp, it smells EXACTLY like Bubble Yum or Bazooka--even with the slightly powdery tinge that freshly unwrapped bubblegum has. Delicious. On skin, the fruity notes come out as well and it smells more like a cherry Blow Pop, hard candy and bubble gum, then some sweet florals and...musk?...pop up and round out the CANDY CANDY CANDY that I get initially. True to the description and quite, quite yummy--more wearable than I'd anticipated. Not sure how often I'll wear this, but I'm keeping this imp around.

Edited by citharadraconis

I stayed away from this one previously because I was scared of the bubblegum smell. Now, though; that I am older and wiser, I decided to test the new frimp that I got...

Yes, the bubblegum smell is overwhelming (and I wonder, how did Beth get it to smell EXACTLY like Bazooka??), but it only lasts for about 20 minutes on my skin and then morphs into this sweet, spicy scent which, surprisingly, I actually like. a lot.

I don't know if this is bottle worthy as it is a bit of a novelty scent for me, but I am definitely keeping the imp. Moral of the story: don't be afraid of bubblegum!

In the imp: Cloyingly sweet, honey and cherry suckers

First on: Cotton candy Bubbliscious, cherry suckers, and a splash of orange.

After a bit: It calms down and isn't so obtrusive anymore, still sweet, but the orange is coming through, with a Bazooka Joe after thought.

A bit more: Some cinnamon is rearing it's head now, with a faint fruity sweetness lurking in the back.

I don't know about this one, fades on me rather quickly.

Mmmm, Jailbait, how I love you so...

I described this to a friend as such: Imagine taking that first bite into a cherry Charms Blowpop, right when the candy cherry shell is thin and crackling over the bubble gum. You get that mouthful of uber-sweet, cherry-bubblegum juice exploding against your tongue, right? But there's something else to this blend. Something akin to lighting up a clove cigarette as you chew on that glop of sugar. Mmmmmm..... :P

I really think I'm going to have to buy a bottle of this stuff.

In imp: Bubblegum!! And this isn't just that flowery bubblegummy scent of lotus. No, this is perfect freshly unwrapped Bazooka bubblegum. There's a hint of the lollypops around it, but it's mostly bubblegum in the imp. This is making me giggle :-)

On me: mostly bubblegum. But it's lost some of that sharp tooth-aching Bazooka sweetness, and is now the smooth powdery sweet of bubblegum that's been chewed a while. That's almost unnerving the way the scent morphed like that. The lollypops stay in the background, and there are perfumy whiffs around the outside.

This scent is exactly as promised, and once the super-sweet phase wears off, it's really pleasant. I'll keep the imp just for the amusement value.

I got Jailbait as a frimp along with an order I purchased off of a lovely lj seller. To be honest, when I first smelled the scent in the imp, I didn't think I would like it on my skin. In the bottle, the scent is sheer bubblegum, and while I love bubblegum, it's not something I'd think about slathering all over myself. However, the scent became a lot more subdued once I applied it to my wrists and neck. The bubblegum is still there - a very sticky, pink scent - and while it's still a very youthful scent, it's a bit more mature smelling on my skin than it is in the bottle. I'll definitely keep this one and use it up, but I'm not sure whether or not I'll be buying a bigger bottle in the future. Time, and more repeated usage, will tell. :P

Ugh! Bubblegum and candy, that's it. Sickly sweet and cloying and won't leave me alone! It lives up to its name, and it's a great concept scent; I, however, never want to smell it again. Someone else can love it.

I'm not even going to write a proper review because I need to wash this stuff off. Yuch!

I love, love, love this scent! I read the first three pages of reviews, but haven't read all the most recent reviews. I will later, but in the meantime - is it just me? Or does this smell like Lush's Snow Fairy? Since I love Snow Fairy, this one is wonderful!

On me I mostly smell the bubblegum, but every once in a while it morphs into oranges or cherry lollipops, and then morphs back into sweet original flavored bubblegum. I never expected to love scents like this as a grown woman, but I really and truly do love this one :P

I got frimped this in a swap recently and it was on my list of "I'd never order that." Serves me right.

At first, in the imp, I smell cherries and orange, very sweet. The minute it touches my skin, it's all bubblegum all the time. After a bit, though, there's some freaky alchemical magic and it turns into absolute awesome. How do you bottle awesome? I have no idea, but Beth does it. I <3 Jailbait. Color me surprised.

In the bottle: Bubblegum! Bazooka Joe bubblegum. A slight hint of cherry lollipops.

Wet: Darker, sweeter, more cherry than Bazooka bubblegum. Yes, now more of a cherry lolly with a bubblegum center.

Dry: After the initial candy stage, the smell mellows to a cinnamon reminiscent of hot red heart candies, mixed with the bubble gum and cherry. Now becomes less of a little girl scent and more sensual. Still tasty and candy sweet, but also a bit spicy.

Later: It’s mellowed out to something I have a hard time defining. Still sugary sweet, slightly cinnamony, an undertone of bubblegum, and a strong base of cherry. Perhaps there’s the hint of orange described on the site. More complex than the initial sniff would suggest.

Impression: Benefits greatly from maturing on the skin. Sweet, spicy, sexy, and exactly what jailbait should smell like.

Buy: Yes. I love the idea of “jailbait” in general, and playing off the innocence factor. People should smell me, say, “Oh, you smell good… like candy!” And then do a double take.

Out of the first six BPAL fragrances I've sampled, I think this is my favorite! I adore it.

I was frimped this recently, so I opened it to sniff.

Oh. My. I'm very, very glad that other people like this, because this has made it to my most-disliked scent list. And that's before it went on.

I had to try it. And I end up smelling like bubble-gum flavored vomit.

Thank heavens for lemon juice's scent removal powers. I will be sending this one along to someone who will hopefully love it dearly, because it deserve a better home than I'll be able to give it.

This is a strong bubblegum scent on me all the way through, and it fades very quickly. If I had to add more, I would say that the orange candy scent dominates the cherry candy scent (naturally, since I hate orange and love cherry!), and I could not pick up on the 'womanly perfume' at all, not even as a base lying underneath the more dominant sugary notes.

Bubblegum like whoa! This is pinky, juicy, gooey bubblegum without the plasticky undertones I usually get from bubblegum scented stuff. Not my bag, but maybe it'd be fun for roleplaying. :P