Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

Wet: Wow! It really does smell exactly like bazooka bubble gum. Then cherry blowpops come in.

Dry on my skin: It grows up and some cinnamon comes in. It's still sweet and candyish. It fades out pretty fast though.

From the description I didn't think I'd like this one, but I was surprised. It does morph quite a bit. Not sure if I'm going to keep it or not though.

It smells exactly like cherry bubblegum. It makes me very happy to smell it, but it didn't last long on me, only around 2 hours.

It also had no throw, but that seems to be a pattern with me and the oils. Le sigh.

Imp: Pure RED lollipops. Nothing else. Nothing could possibly compete with delicious red lollipops. :D

Wet: Lollipops and a sharp perfumey note, which I can't identify.

Drying: Bear with me, cuz this is gonna sound so friggin' bizarre: Red lollipops and PEPPERONI? WTF? I have no idea what my skin chemistry is doing to this one. It's just wrong on so many levels.

Overall: Lollipeperoni. Like red lollipops and cheap Ellios pizza. My skin has never behaved so strangely. Apparently, my body thinks that " breath of heady womanly perfume"="cheap microwave pizza with pepperoni cubes."

That's all folks. I'm too old to be Jailbait anyway… :P

When I opened my package full of imps....jailbait was the very first thing I smelled. This scent is powerful!

My immediate reaction was "Ick! Bubble Gum!" ><

However, after I applied it to my wrist, this completley changed to a sweet, artificial cherry scent on me.

As this dries down, it becomes even more delicious. The "Heady womanly perfume" scent begins to rear it's head (along with a hint of spice..maybe cinnamon??) while still maintaining the sugary sweet cherry scent.

Jailbait lasts forever on me. 5 hours later and it's still going strong.

Final verdit for Jailbait. I Love it! I was convinced I was going to hate this one as I'm not too fond of bubblegum scents, but this works so so well with my chemistry. I'm going to need a 5ml of the ASAP.

Edited by CourtneyLynne

omigoodness this is double bubble bubble gum from when i was just a tot!!

:D

wowza is this a lucious conglomerate of sweetness and joy!!

after the double bubble scent subsides a teeny hint of wintergreen...just like

double bubble gum used to have....then it is all powdery sugared heaven....

Jailbait is one of my number one bpal fragrances of all time!!! :D :P

I get cinnamon too. In fact, the first time I applied this, my skin went red - which I understand is a common reaction to cinnamon.

I have totally no idea what to make of this scent. I could drink it from the imp I have, but I don't like cinnamon. On top of that, I don't want red blotches on my neck. And it doesn't seem to disappear very, very quickly on me.

Ah well!

Bubblegum. Oh the bubblegum. I wish I got the other scents everyone else is getting, but this just stays bubblegum on me. Unfortunately, I don't like bubblegum.

This is definitely going in the sale/swap pile.

Yummy.. I love bubbletape, and this smells just like it! Including the powdered sugar and plastic container. As it's drying, I smell a bit of orange candy and maybe a whiff of something a little musky and perfumey.

I like this, though it's only been about 20 minutes, and it's almost gone! All I smell now is a light fruitiness.

Holy sweet! The description is totally accurate - bubblegum and lollipops. I never did get any of the "womanly" undertones, either.

It's fun, but I'm not entirely sure I can imagine wearing it for long periods of time. And in fact, by the end of the day I was a little tired of it.

In bottle:

First, can I say how much I was looking forward to this one? Sweet scents usually work well with my chemistry. This is why half of my bath and body items are the kind that are marketed toward teenagers. So I was very excited to find that, in the bottle, Jailbait smells EXACTLY like Bubble Yum. You know, that first juicy bite? The way that tastes is the way this smells. I can't really find the fruity notes or the perfume, just bubble gum.

Wet:

Detergent. I smell like powdered laundry detergent. All the bubble gum is gone, and what I guess is the "womanly perfume" has taken over and is way, way too strong. But it's wet, so I'm hoping it will soften up as it dries.

Dry:

Okay, I put this on in two spots: my wrist and the crook of my elbow. Dry, on my wrist it's just a strong flowery perfume with an undertone of laundry detergent. Near my elbow, though, it's the floral perfume scent with bubble gum underneath it. It's not horrible, it's just not my thing. I think maybe I didn't wash off all of the Elegba from last night's testing on my wrist and it's reacting weirdly in that spot, because it's not even tolerable there.

Should it stay or should it go?

If it had stayed smelling the way it did in the bottle, I'd keep it. I know the sweetness is not for everyone, but nine times out of ten it works for me. But the floral notes in Jailbait just don't like me.

Jailbait:

In the bottle: Oh, my god. This smells like BubbleYum.

Wet: Now it just smells like Ny-Quill. The cherry kind, the kind I've been drinking every night for the past few nights.

Drydown: The Ny-Quill (which I guess is the "cherry lollipops") just gets stronger and more medicine-y. Mleah. EDIT: it made the spot it was on all red, and it itches a bit, even now after I've washed it off. ouchies. Must add this to the list of "what the heck is in this, because I know it's not Lilac!"

Conclusion: sell imp

ITB: Exactly bubblegum. How does Beth do that? On: Now it's gotten a bit sharper, like that edge that Bazooka bubblegum has, you know, that stuff that comes in the comic wrapper. Dry: Now I get the cherry lollipops, but very softly. Later it morphs into a light floral. Overall, a fun scent to follow as it morphs, but not really me.

I got this as a frimp, so I really felt obligated to try it. Here is what happened.

In the Imp: This is Bubble Yum to the nth degree. It is strong, sweet, and syrupy, which is not really what I'm looking for in a perfume. Who wants to attract bees? This made me really hesitant to try it on, but I forged on.

Wet on Skin: Yeah, it's sickly sweet and kind of makes my stomach turn. It almost makes me teeth hurt thinking about it.

Drydown: To be honest, I had to wash it off before it got to develop on my skin because it made me nauseated and if I let that continue it would ruin me on BPAL forever and that just can not happen.

Final Notes: This is not one I would have picked out for myself and it was somewhat comforting to know that my judgment was right. While I like foody scents I don't want to smell syrupy sweet. So off to the swap heap where it will hopefully find a better home.

Another Lab freebie, and one I wouldn't have ordered for myself. I'm just not girly enough to be interested in a bubblegum/cotton candy fragrance.

First impression: Yeah, that's bubblegum. Bazooka, I think.

Fresh on: I think this is going to be too sweet for me, but I'll try it anyhow.

Drydown: Ew, there's something really unpleasant that comes out later. Up close it still smells mostly like bubblegum, but the whiffs that waft up to my nose as I move around have this odd nasty undernote. If this is supposed to be the "heady womanly perfume", then that woman needs a bath!

Bottom line: Swap pile.

Just like everyone above- BUBBLE GUM- Wow. This smells delicious. I'm not sure this is something I would want to wear... I'll be craving a big cherry blow-pop all day!

Jailbait didn't last long at all... could barely smell it after 30-45 minutes :P

Lagniappe from the Lab (and, as usual, amusingly appropriate-- there have been a huge number of "jailbait" jokes about me the last few months, for various reasons. :P )

In the vial: If I stick the wand up near my nose, it's all cherry cough syrup with a hint of orange. Farther away, it's perfect pink bubblegum with a tinge of orange and cherry. There's something slightly spicy, and almost a little dry behind it-- cinnamon? Some kind of floral? I don't think it'll be my favourite thing to wear as a scent, but it does bring a smile to my face. What a fun concept.

Wet: Cinnamon bubble gum and cherry lollipops! Candy-sweet and delicious. And... my goodness, is there mint in here? I'm getting just an edge of cool, watery spearmint, I think. Very pleasant, while still quite sugary.

Dry: The cherry, orange, mint and cinnamon all but vanish, as it happens, and I'm left with a very light, bland, almost-plasticky, oddly sweet, second-skin floral that I'm not terribly keen on. It does smell "womanly" in an overly-sophisticated kind of way, but I'm just not that into such things.

I'll hang on to this one, just to taunt certain people (hee.... :D ), but I probably won't wear it very often, unless I'm trying to get a point across. The late dry-down almost, almost turns my stomach, for some weird reason. Nonetheless, I can see how this would bloom gorgeously on the right chemistry, especially if everything balanced out.

Oh, my... no.

In Imp ~ A cherry blowpop.

Wet ~ Triaminic bubble gum flavoured cough syrup.

On the drydown ~ Bubble gum and cherries. This scent certainly does make me think of adolescent girls... but I don't want to smell of sweet, syrupy candy ~ which is interesting since I love foody scents.

Just not this one.

:P

For a nice not-so-sticky-over-the-top-sweet you might wish to try "Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo" ~ the scent is not overpowering or as "in your face" as Jailbait is (on me, anyway...)

*Bounces off to wash off the Jailbait*

As said...

Oh. My. No.

:D

Edited by BlackDahlia

I almost couldn't bring myself to try Jailbait, after sniffing it in the imp. Just, no. Ugh. Bubble gum? Just like everybody else said, it's the exact scent of bazooka gum. I like gum, but I'm not sure radiating that scent is really the right impression to give... anyway, on to the test.

Yowza! Red blotches on my neck- that's startling. They don't itch or burn really, though... wierd.

And then I sniff my wrist.

Woah. This scent came out of that bubble gum vial? Seriously? It's... okay, bear with me... it's warm and spicy and there's a hint of minty coolness with a touch of light floral and... wow. Just, wow.

I didn't think I'd like Jailbait, but thought it'd be a neat experiment. I really like it, though. A lot. The morph on my skin is just amazing. Kudos to the lab; this is somehow stunning and fresh and sweet; vaguely innocent with a hint of sensuality... my skin loves this blend. I only wish it lasted a bit longer, and I'll have to be careful with where I apply it... Wow, I'm still pretty shocked at how much I enjoy this one.

Update: 5ml on order with the lab! Woohoo!

Edited by cordia

Ok so I love this one, but I don't quite know why. It clearly smells like bubble-gum and cherries on me, and no denying it either. It's not one of those perfume oils you go "Ooh what's in that?", the smell is just directly there. I'm sure if someone got up to me real close when I was wearing it, they would probably just think I had been smacking gum non-stop for the past day. But still I love it.

It's so youthful (ok I guess that one was a given) and fun. It's definitely not elegant or sophisticated. I mean it isn't a something I'd wear to a dress-up sort of an occasion or event. But yeah I've worn it a couple of times since getting the imp from a swap. Mostly to casual places like the mall or the movies.

And did I mention that I love this scent? I'll have to get a big bottle eventually because if I don't then I'll end up missing Jailbait desperately. Because there are just some days that call for a bubble-gum and cherry kind of scent. I guess I just love this for reasons beyond me. It's not likely that it'll ever be one of the oils that'll get me lots of compliments or will drive the guys crazy. But, I don't care. I just like it. :P

Update: Got a bottle. And I like it even more, smells darker somehow. I so *heart* my Jailbait. Although I was slightly taken back when it dawned on me that both Jailbait and Lolita are in my top 10. lol, think it means anything?

Edited by silver_springs

Jailbait scares the tar out of me. Bubblegum? Cherry lollipops? Good heavens, yes. And it's strong. Man, is it strong. I put it on before bed so I wouldn't have to smell it long, but I wanted to test everything the lab gave me. Stragely enough, when I woke up hours later, I could smell the "womanly perfume," and it was lovely. But too little too late. Ye gods, I wish I knew someone I could foist this off onto.

I have some serious love for Jailbait. At first, I wanted it just for the novelty aspect of having something that was a dead ringer for bubble gum.

In the imp, the bubble gum smell comes out and slaps you in the face. It really REALLY makes it's presence known.

On the skin, it's still strong bubblegum. It brings back memories of summer days on the playground. It's a very evocative scent.

About 30 minutes later, the bubble gum fades and is gradually replaced by a soft 'pink' smell. I can't pick out any individual notes in it, but it smells...pink.

I love it!

In the bottle--BUBBLEGUM!!! Specifically, Bazooka Joe.

Wet: BUBBLEGUM with a lollipop back.

Drydown: Just as it's described--candy smeared over a grownup's perfume.

I love this one. The candy smell (well, the gum) turned me off a little at first, which is surprising since I'm a candy girl but once the smell settles, it's heavenly. The "heady womanly perfume" is kind of a spicy musk and it's perfect to temper the overwhelming sweetness. This would be perfect for ma vie en cerise, although I don't know if it'd be that wise to wear this with my cherry prints--sounds like trouble.

Would I buy it in a bottle? Oh honey, yes.

In the bottle

BUBBLEGUM to the extreme. Makes me think of Orbitz Bubblemint and I absolutely LOVE it!!!

Wet

Still bubblegum but with a slight cinnamon undertone. Still loving it...

After about half an hour It's all gone!! :P Not even a slight scent left in my hair or on my clothes!! I'm devastated!!

I think I'm going to try it again but I doubt that it'll stay :D I was so ready to buy a bottle of this too. Maybe I'll just try to get another imp...