Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

BUBBELGUM! IT'S BUBBELGUM!
Seriously it's the perfect bubbelgum smell. I love it. This is so not me, since I like darker vanilla/foody scents, but this just turns me over. It makes me wanna dress up in a pink tulle skirt and wear a tiara. :blush:

In the imp, this smells like liquid gum, almost like cough syrup that is bubble gum flavored, sort of synthetic.

Initially on skin, quite bubblegummy, which for me is vanilla candyish but definitely the old Bubble Yum bubble gum flavor.

It has a brief time as it dries where it morphs and I smelled the "dime store perfume" which I could not pick out individual notes for, and wasn't overpowering, actually kind of nice, I would have liked it to last longer but it was short-lived. If I had to guess notes, I'd say alcoholic musk with orange.

Dry phase it does smell like Big Red gum after it has been chewed a bit in a delightful way. Slightly cinnamon and vanilla with a hint of something more grown up underneath, and almost smokey or musty. If I was forced to guess, I'd say musk but not white musk or Egyptian musk, there is no headshop quality or animalistic note.

Very apropros to the name. Smells like what I'd expect a minor lady who is getting her mac on to smell like--chewed gum with a musk slightly wafting from a fuzzy pink (angora) sweater.

This could have gone all kinds of wrong on me, as cherry can go artificial, too sweet, or overpowering but it was pleasant. I will be keeping all imps, and consider a bottle. Not sure it is really me, but then again there are not too many scents with vanilla and cinnamon I can resist and this one is sweet without being too adolescent. Since I am a woman of a certain age, I tend to avoid the synthetic fruity juice that passes for perfume hawked by most scent retailers currently. I am on the fence. Maybe I will buy a partial bottle from swaps or hoard some imps and make my own partial bottle. I am really curious also how this would smell if I added some alcohol and made a spray out of it?

This is all bubblegum on my skin and in the bottle. The super sugary sweet pink kind with a drop of... mint???? Now I know there can't be any mint in this but it smells an awful lot like some mint gum a co-worker gave me the other day. Actually this is making me feel kinda ill in the pit of my stomach.

Regardless of that, this is just so not me. Jailbait definitely does smell childish... Not the type of image I want to project to the world.

Wet: Double Bubble. That nice original bubblegum flavour but as a scent. Very Strong.

On my skin: Wow yep that sure is bubblegum. I smell like a candy store/paedophile.

Drying(30min-60min): Still very pink smelling but with a nice punch of citrus sadly I think I'm missing out on the cherry lollies.

Dry(3 Hours): A middle aged woman's floral scent has crept out from the stickiness and I think of trying on your mom's perfume when you're little. The bubblegum is still there as is the citrus (almost like candied peel) but it's really evened out and toned down to something rather lovely and surprisingly un-trampish.

There it is my first review. Shiny.

I received a frimp of Jailbait in my BPTP Etsy box. I always wanted to sniff this but it took awhile to come my way.

Sniffed from the vial, it's an intense synthetic bubble gum. Just like Bubble Yum! I usually like candy scents do I figure I'll give this the skin test...it smells more orangey on my skin, and is that cinnamon? I hate cinnamon in perfume. I kept this in for a good 30 minutes before I had to scrub it off. It's like chewed cinnamon gum and makes me feel ill. :(

Jailbait

In the bottle: Bubblegum!! Sweet Pink Bubblegum!

Wet: Very strong bubblegum and now I smell grape and cherry lollipops. No musky womens perfume for me just sweet candy!

The dry-down: Now its softer bubblegum but now its calmer not sure how to explain. I hope it lasts long but I feel like it will fade a bit fast. I do love it because its all sweet all the time! :wub2:

Final: 4/5

source: frimp, of unknown age, but the label looks new.

Wet: Sweet bubblegum sugar rush! I'm back in junior high. Sigh, there's my crush, James. He's so cuuuuute! He's looking me! Better put on some shiny lip gloss! James 4ever.

The bubblegum and fruit candy only last a few minutes. Now the scent is getting spicier, dryer. Still candylike, still sweet, but spicy and dry. Not powder, though. It's teasing and unsophisticated. It makes me feel playful. I do get the cinnamon note, but it's not harsh or overpowering. I don't smell "women's perfume" in this. It just stays light and candylike. It's a win for me, even if it's not at all age appropriate.

This is without a doubt classic bubblegum in the vial. Wet, the cherries come out, so this now reminds me of a cherry bubble gum lollipop. After around ten minutes or so, this goes a little weird on me. Very chemical. like something I'd smell in or around a vehicle, but I can't put my finger on it.

In the Imp (ITI): Incredibly cloying. It smells like cherry cough syrup with a secondary note of bubble gum. Oh no!

Wet: he cloying red cherry lollipop scent is drying down, but the bubblegum is taking over. The perfume ads a spicy note, but it's still too sweet on me. Still not liking it.

Dry: The bubblegum, while the predominate note, is close to the skin. I smell a touch of perfume, rounding out the uber sweetness of the gum, but it still is too sweet for me.

Bazooka Joe Bubblegum!! I even get the dusty powdered sugar here along with the very strong strawberry syrup gum with a touch of cinnamon spice. After a bit, a fresh wet floral comes out, but the main note here is the candied strawberry. I like this for memories sake, but I doubt I'd ever wear it out, much too young for me.

Imp: Yep, bubblegum. o_O Think I smell a bit of the cherry, too.

On my skin, I'm starting to get the orange, and a teeny bit of flowers(?), which may be contributing to the "womanly perfume". The cherry is fakey, as you'd expect from "cherry lollipops", but combined with the bubblegum smell it's kind of too much. Not something I'd wear in any case, although accurate.

Edit: When dry, I'm getting mainly cinnamon, as other reviewers have described. I like it better now, but the initial stage is not worth waiting out.

Edited by sunlitgarden

Mmmmm strawberry bubblegum with vanilla musky juicy wet orange. It has a very sexy and sophisticated undertone. I might have to buy a bottle :wub2:

Imp: dubble bubble bubblegum!

Wet: still.gum

Drydown: gum, and a hint of cinnamon, and orange.

Dry: mostly gum, with cinnamon, orange, and cherry. Also a faint hint of perfume.

Over all: this is just as the lab describes. I love it, and it's put me in a better mood. If this scent was a song it would either be 'jailbait' by motorhead(for obvious reasons), or 'she's sexy + 17' by the straycats. Love it, and want a big bottle soon!

This was some seriously pink bubblegum perfume in the imp, and immediately on my skin it was SUPER bubble gum and I thought I might have to scrub it off. But, a few minutes in and it's LOVELY. A more complex bubble gum with that womanly perfume and a little spice. Very naughty and unexpectedly sexy. Sometimes, though, when I take a deep sniff of it I get big, orange carrots and I'm not sure what that's about. :lol: Love it more than expected, that's for sure.

The description is spot on with this one! at first it's WHOA BUBBLEGUM! the sticky sugary sweet Bubblicious kind - then I do get a cherry-ish/citrus note as the bubblegum starts to tone down, and it dries down to a youthful girly perfume somewhere akin to Love's Baby soft! I was not expecting to like this at all, and I definitely couldn't wear it everyday, but I think I'll really enjoy this when I'm feeling nostalgic for my childhood! :wub2:

...I can almost hear Winger's "She's only Seventeen" when I sniff this... :lol:

Edited by sharkdiver

D: I was hoping for a fun, unusual blend. But I can't smell the lollipops at all.

And the sweet bubblegum and whatever note they used for "womanly perfume" combine and smell like pencil erasers on me.

I received this as a frimp.

In the imp, it's a blast of pink Bazooka bubblegum. Exactly the scent you get when you first untwist the paper wrapper. Crazy!

Wet, bubblegum blast with something kind of plastic-y. I'm transported back to sixth grade when all of us were wearing Bonne Bell Lip Smacker lip glosses in bubblegum and cherry flavors. Then, owwie! Contact dermatitis! I can't even smell it yet, but there has to be cinnamon in this. It's the only thing I know of that burns my skin like that and makes red spots.

I have no idea what this might have done on me in the dry down. I had to wash it off before it gave me hives. Not a huge loss as a woman in her 40s doesn't need to smell like this. Still, it was a fun little fragrance while it lasted and brought back some good memories. If it wasn't for the name, I'd have no hesitation in sending this to my eleven year old niece. However, I don't think my brother-in-law and sister-in-law would see much humor in her aunt giving her a perfume called "Jailbait." :lol:

Blind test of a frimp. Very pale yellow.

In Vitro Fruity!

Wet Fruity throw, fruity and slightly sharp up close, and very edible-smelling. After two minutes I got bubble gum.

Drying The good: spicy bubblegum! The bad: my skin turned red and itchy, and I washed off the test patch only ten minutes after application.

Jailbait is trouble, all right - it's among the very few BPALs I've tried that required diphenhydramine creme to soothe. The scent itself is fun, and I may just accidentally-on-purpose empty the imp inside my car while the weather here is still warm enough for cruising.

Lab-fresh frimp.

Pink bubblegum and a hint of fruity lollipops. The bubblegum becomes spicier as it dries down, but stays as bubblegum. Not much throw.

I actually love how this smells, but wow, my skin hates this - I have a burning rash that's persistent as heck (it's there even after washing with dish soap and applying a scrubby bar), and it's not even on a particularly sensitive place (the back of my wrist as opposed to the underside or the crook of my arm). So, those who have sensitive skin, watch out. :(

Edited by vthesiren

In the imp: Bubblegum, with a bit of darker cherry. I never liked cherry flavored candy, but it works well here.

Wet on skin: Still bubblegum, but the fruit's a little stronger here.

Dried down: Still the same as before, but with the perfume added in, I think.

Throw: Definitely has a little bit of throw. Very floral bubblegummy.

Verdict: *** 1/* This isn't bad at all, and not what I feared it was going to be. Still, I think I'll pass on this one. I've got plenty of other scents that are more suited to me at times when I think I would pull this out.

Just as described: sweet bubblegum and lollipops (although we call them "suckers" where I'm from). This is sweet and playful and SO MUCH FUN! After a few minutes I get a touch of warm cinnamon. Not too spicy, it just adds a bit of heat. It's like cinnamon gum and sticky candy.

When it dries it morphs into the "womanly perfume" which seems to be a light musk. I don't really pick up anything else in it. It doesn't last long, after a couple hours my skin just smells faintly of sugar.

I just love this scent and wish it would last longer! But maybe its for the best, you might get a sugar rush if you smelled like candy all day. But I have quite a sweet tooth and think I might re-apply this one all day long!

this is a naughty one. the scent description is pretty spot-on. the bazooka bubble gum is overwhelming at first, but it quickly gets taken over by lollipops and a heady, musky perfume of someone who is allllmost mature, but not quite. jailbait doesn't last very long - only a couple of hours. interestingly enough, Jailbait was probably the first BPAL perfume that took me by the hand and led me into the BPAL universe...

Edited by inhumation

Bubblegum and cherry lollipops. I get cinnamon from this, somehow, maybe it's Big Red gum. Yummy sugary goodness.

But when it dries, it's a very unsettling scent for some reason. Underneath all the sweetness, there's something just off about it.

It really reminds me of something Ellen Page's character in Hard Candy would wear. Very fitting.

I love this. It's also really great layered with Eat Me.

Edited by marilyn eyre

this was a lovely frimp. I'm always so grateful to get things I never would have tried myself.

Wet: Instantly reminds me of that Banana Medicine they gave you as a kid if you had a throat infection. Quickly morphs into Bazuka Joe bubblegum.

Dry: Yup, bubblegum. But due to my skin chemistry it's like rancid bubblegum. Ugh. This is bad on me. Like, wash it off bad. Still, glad I tried it! :biggrin:

A frimp, which I tested more out of curiosity than interest--the notes seem like this oil is not likely to work on me.

In the imp: That "Womanly Perfume" must be indole city, because this is teetering on the edge of "smells like a**."

On my skin, it has quickly become baby shampoo, powdery Dubble-Bubble, cinnamon and vanilla. It's kind of like Follow Me Boy and Chuparosa have a 14 year old cousin, who's sucking on Jolly Ranchers and experimenting with makeup.

I'm not repulsed by the combo, but it's not me.