Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops smeared over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

Yep, that's bubble gum...

and it does exactly what bubble gum does after a while-- lose its flavor.

Fun but not something I would wear to the office.

I decided to try this on a lark. I just had to smell bubblegum perfume. :D

I truly expected something fruity and sticky and gross, but that's not what it is at all! It really is like one of those dry powdery sticks of gum... maybe a little old and dried out? The smell of this oil is really faint, like that. It even has that slightly cardboard undertone! :lol:

It's gone in about 30 minutes. I can even see the oil on my skin still, but all I can smell is the faintest whiff of sweet cinnamon. How strange.

What a fun perfume! I'd never want other people to smell me like this, so I'd not wear it out. It's a shame that it fades so quickly, but it's almost like my body chemistry rejects sweet pink scents instinctually. :P

Wow... Jailbait. In the vial, Jailbait smells like a freshly opened bag of kiddie mix, you know the kind of assorted candy with bubblegum and lollypops that you'd get at Halloween or for a birthday party... that's the smell, and oddly enough... a smashed banana. When I first apply it, it smells very sugary pink bubblegum. Once it's dry it's completely cinnamon gum. After about half an hour, it turns into the womanly perfume, still mixed with the gum...

I LOVED this scent!! I wear cotton candy body spray all the time, so this scent is soooo me. I'm not sure that I'll end up ordering a big bottle though, because i seemed to have some kinda weird reaction to it- It gave me a red itchy welt where I applied it. :cry2:

imp: pink bubble gum. very strong bubble gum

Wet: more bubblegum! It smells like the classic flavor of that sugarless gum. What's it called?

Dry: spicy gum. The spice is definitely from cinnamon oil because I'm having an allergic reaction on the site. Which is a damned shame, because I love how spot on the bubble gum note is in this.

I ordered an imp of this as the idea of smelling of bubblegum intrigued me

In the imp: Pink bubblegum

Wet: Bubblegum and cherry

Dry: This turned to cinnamon pretty quickly and later faded to something like cotton candy.

I was disappointed with this. The bubblegum was great but didn't last, and I didn't think the cinnamon particularly suited me. Without the cinnamon, and a bit longer lasting and this would have been great on me.

In the bottle - Wow, that's nail polish remover like mad to my nose. With a little cherry, but whoo it's alcohol smelling.

Wet - Less like bubble gum and more like cough drops to me.

Drying - I'll be honest, this is exactly what I -don't- want to smell like. I'm not getting any of the "woman's perfume" but I'm getting all the sticky gum and fake cherry scent I can stand. More than I can stand, even. It's headache inducing.

Dry (2 hours) - Not as "in your face" as it was, as it's heavily faded. Now it's a dusty pseudo-cherry scent.

Overall - A big no from start to finish for me.

Cherry lollipops on me from start to finish. Sweet, sticky and yummy, but not something I want as a perfume.

Imp: swedish berries and twizzlers made into the stickiest syrup ever.

Wet on Skin: ok Lolita now your innocent mask is coming off and I’m getting a seductive edge to that all sweet candy.

Drydown: what a morpher. I’m getting some florals now with an undertone of cherry-orange-cinnamon bubblegum. It’s disappearing fast but it’s an interesting experience.

BUBBLEGUM WHOA. So strong that a cloud of it smacked me in the face when I opened the imp. It dried down within ten minutes to something else, something delightfully complex and feminine. Debauched perfume stolen from mom's dressing table, perhaps? With a touch of booziness as well. Love love love.

In the imp: Woah! Pink bubblegum AND candy! SWEET!

Wet: Exactly as described. Bubblegum, red artificial cherry lollipops, sugar, I get a slight whiff of artificial orange as well, but it's very faint. And I get cinnamon syrup.

Dry: Plastic barbie dolls, cinnamon bubblegum (all chewed up and old), and sweet fruity musk.

Overall: Way too sweet for me. Artificial sweet. Definitely not for me!

I adore this oil. It is easily in my top three favourite BPAL scents. Before I took the plunge and ordered a 5ml bottle, I was nervous that the bubblegum note might turn weird and plastic-like on my skin. I worried it would be aggressive on the nose and too sickly to wear. Still, there was something about the description that I was seduced by as I took a gamble on it -- and I am SO glad that I did!! Sniffing it in the bottle, I get a great big PINK woosh of candy-sweetness that never fails to make me smile. It is not an innocent perfume by any measure, despite the fruity sugaryness that is so reminiscent of childhood treats. There are warm floral notes in there and also a little lick of spice.

This perfume oil captivated my imagination so much that I ended up including it in a short story I'd been working on. It is worn by a character who is exploring the youthful side of her sexuality and when I smelt Jailbait, I just knew it had to be something my main character would wear. It's fun, sassy, sexy, sweet... almost cute, but not quite... it's too 'experienced' for that. This definitely conjures up mental images of school girls chewing on bubble gum, blowing great pink bubbles and pulling it playfully from their mouths as they talk and flirt with boys.

Sweet pink bubblegum. Yep that's it. Bubblegum.

Bazooka Joes. The kind that loses it's flavour after 10 chews.

Not really my thing, but fun to test.

I was hoping to get more orange and cherry lollipops, but....

in the bottle- pink bubblegum

wet- pink bubblegum

drydown- pink bubblegum still fresh with a dusting or cornstarch *sigh*

Wet: Bubblegum. Plain pink bubblegum, with a lick of sweet cherry flavored candy. There's just a hint of slightly bitter orange... I wish there was more of it.

Dry: More pink bubblegum with a side of cherry lollipops. The scent smells pretty fake by default, which by itself isn't necessarily bad, but there's something else lurking underneath the bubblegum. After it dries down for a while, if I inhale deeply, I also get a hint of Big Red gum style cinnamon and something really harshly musky... most musks are benign on me, but whatever is in this "womanly perfume" is a bit nauseating on me. It also goes a bit sour.

Overall: Well, no big surprise here. Jailbait just isn't for me!

Testing an aged imp.

In the imp / wet: Dry powdery bubblegum, straight out of the package.

Drydown: For a few minutes, I get a blast of syrupy lollipop flavor. Almost too strong.

Later: A surprisingly pleasant cherry and cinnamon scent. Doesn't seem to be able to decide if it should go plastic or not, but thankfully seems to be holding. I can sort of imagine the perfume mentioned in the description, but it's a reach, not something that's made explicit (to my nose, anyway).

This is not the fresh fruit you'd get out of, say, Yemaya or Fruit Moon, but it's not bad, just a bright, candy-sweet scent. It could be more, but not on me.

I'll probably hang on to my imp but wouldn't order more.

I shouldn't like this. I really shouldn't. But, oddly enough, I do. In fact, I almost love it. In the imp and when initially applied, it reminds me of this gum I made with a friend one childhood summer. It was from a kit. After it settles down a bit, though, I catch the cherry lollipops and something that smells like an orange dusted in cinnamon. The womanly perfume (which seems to consist of soft florals and a light musk of some sort) aspect definitely tones down the potentially overpowering sweetness of this scent. Overall, it dries down into a spicy cherry with just a touch of floral.

I got this from the ever-so-lovely callmepenelope :heart:

In the bottle: Cherry Blow pop!

On my skin: HARDCORE Bazooka bubblegum, with a hint of... band-aid? Cinnamon? What is that?

Drydown: This little girl just spritzed on some enticing perfume, holy cow. The bubblegum's been spit out and the red lips painted on. I could see wearing this as an everyday perfume now as opposed to earlier.

Verdict: The beginning frightened me just a little, what with the eau du band-aid peeking through, but as my chemistry affected it, it became most wearable. I can't see myself getting through that beginning very often, however... it's still a nice, playful scent. I'll use up the imp eventually, but no 5ml of this in my future.

This was one of my favorites from my first BPAL order...I was intrigued from the beginning and had to try some...

In the bottle: Eck, a little. It's like...the chemical essence of bubblegum and the fake syrupy flavoring they put in it.

Wet: I'm liking it more...it's still sweet but it's losing the synthetic flavoring...

Drydown: I really like it. It's still sweet, but as it interacts with my chemistry, it's becoming a little more pleasant and cooperative. One thing I've read a lot in these posts is a faint hint of cinnamon. I get that...definitely bubblegum too...but in my nostrils I still get the faintest ghost of cherry. It matures up just enough for me to consider this a serious perfume, but I might end up layering it underneath other perfumes, something with a pale floral (possibly Brisingamen...! But it also might go well with a commercial perfume like Burberry Brit Sheer or Gap Simply White...)

A lot of people find Jailbait too little-girly. I've always been able to pull off those smells, though, for the most part, so this one doesn't clash with my personality or chemistry. My only complaint with Jailbait is its lack of staying power...after a couple hours on me it's gone. Oh well...I guess this just means I'll have to order a big bottle eventually!

I love this, it's one of my top five. I definitely get cherry bubble gum as first but then it turns all musky and sexy on me. It definitely has some cherry on me but cherry works really well for me.

In bottle only: It’s pretty much as described, bubble gum is dominant with cherry lollipops a close second. I do get the orange lollipop as well, but the perfume, is nearly overwhelmed by bubble gum and cherry pop. There isn’t a chance of this going well on my skin, but if smelling like bubble gum and lollipops is your thing, this is it.

In the bottle this is pretty much melted bubble gum on a hot day intertwined with cherry cough syrup. That was a bit of an off-put but I tried it on anyway... On my skin it turns into thick, gooey, over-sugared cherry cough syrup. It's so strong I can feel it in my throat and I can't say it's a nice feeling. It has a pretty strong throw which is a doubly bad thing (my roommate agreed with that one) in this case. After an hour or two it was a lighter cherry and the bubblegum came back, but it's still not something I'd wear.

Though to be frank, I think the description hits it on the head, I'm not sure what I was expecting.

In the bottle: whoosh! a gigantic rush of very sticky, very artificial pink bubblegum. so artificial as to be nauseating. on second breath, I can pick out the sticky cherry lollipops that someone's been sucking for days, laying down on a dish on her bedside table each night. so much stickiness! I didn't think it was possible in a perfume.

On my skin: more stickiness, more pink bubblegum. the really sugary kind, that leaves behind a film on your teeth and tongue. if the orange is there, it's also a very chemical one, like orange cough syrup. this almost makes my teeth ache, it's so sweet. there _is_ a spiciness that comes out on the dry-down, sort of like red hots (the candy), but it's not enough to overwhelm that sticky pink bubblegum.

Last thoughts: not a fan; I don't want people to brush past me and think "yum! she's got sticky pink bubblegum that she stole from some 10 year old." I fully admit to dreading this one. <_<

As other reviewers have noted, on me Jailbait is bubblegum from start to finish, top to toe, front to back. Bubblegum is Not My Thing so this frimp will be moving on.

Bubblegum and lollipops, cloyingly so. >_< Luckily Jailbait disappears utterly into the ether within half an hour on my skin. Swapping.