Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Jailbait

Innocence defiled. Sticky pink bubblegum and the thick, sweet scent of orange and cherry lollipops over a breath of heady womanly perfume.

This is my first review so I will do my best. I got this imp from a trade on makeupalley along with a few others.

In the imp: Bubble Gum makes me think of bubble tape, you know the bubble gum that comes in the roll.
Wet: Horrible cherries, like cherry cough syrup.
Dry: Cinnamon & something powdery underneath.
After a few minuets it morphs into soemthing I have a hard time describing,sweet, powdery, and spicy. Very pretty and young yet grown up at the same time. I really like it and it passed the smell test with DH, but since this is my first scent test with BPAL I will wait and see if another scent grabs my attention. If this is how it starts off I can see me being in love :P with BPAL Edited by Shollin

I didn't get the bubblegum from Jailbait like I do from Glitter or Xanthe. Instead I get the sweetness of cherry lollipops, which is predominant for the first hour or so, then fades to a softer, more subtle scent. If I sniff real hard at my arm, I can pick out the candy again, but just passing by, it's soft.

In the imp, this smells exactly like bubblegum. Nom nom nom, sugar.

Wet on my skin, yup, this still smells like bubblegum. Which is exactly why I got it (as well as for the name, heh). It smells like how the full-sugar bubblegum tastes when it's still full of sugary goodness and hasn't turned into a small, chewy piece of cement yet. That is, this smells goooood.

This takes on a nice, spicy vibe as it dries. Cinnamon + bubblegum = a very happy Miss Daae. Mmm, and now it's got that hint of bubblegum, plus cinnamon, plus whatever the "womanly perfume" notes are...oh, this is just so very yummy. The only issue I have with this is that there's very little throw and it evaporates fairly quickly. Which just means a) scent locket or :P slather and reapply!

After a while, I do get the fruity-candy lollipop scent, too. Mmm.

I will need a whole bottle of this at some point. Preferably at some point very soon...!

At first I get very strong, very sweet bubblegum, and it gradually becomes a cherry lollipop with bubblegum in the center. I don't think I'll be keeping the imp because I don't care much for cherry candy. Jailbait is very unique and if you like foody, sugary scents then this is definitely for you!

Jailbait

Bottle: double dubble pink bubblegum

Wet: juicy pink bubblegum and orangey-cherry lollipop.

Dry: The bubble gum and lollipop fade a little and a very, very faint perfume emerges.

Mostly this is a girly, sweet candy scent. It would be great for costume or roleplaying.

Edited by Maidenhell

In the bottle: BUBBLEGUM!!! like hxc, but it's amazing

On my skin wet: it's like a cherry bubblegum, with a pink scent (does that even make sense?)

On my skin dry: It's very cinnamon smelling with a lacey type background then after about 3 hours it fades into a cherry candy

I love it and my bff as soon as she smelled it put on like 348574395 swabs

Needless to say it's very amazing

This scent is such a tease.

In the imp I get bubblegum and orange lollipop. This is amazing!

On: Hello bubblegum!! And I do so loooovveee that bubblegum scent. After a while the bubblegum calms down and I get the orange lollipop then after a while a strong scent underneath, which I guess is the 'womanly perfume.' Its like a woman was chewing bubblegum, spat it out and replaced it with a lollipop then once it was gone and with it their scents all thats left is the perfume shes wearing.

I really like the first and middle stages but hate the last. Guess I could reapply it whenever the last stage starts lurking. I love the scent though! 4.5/5!

Oh man......

It was a complete surprise to me that I looooooove sweet perfumes. I definitely did not think of myself as a sweet perfume kind of girl. But since every blend with lotus blossom has made me swoon, I thought I might as well face up to my sweets-loving self and go for the princess of sweetness, Jailbait.

And for about 30 seconds she's perfect. Just like the first thirty seconds of some ridiculously flavored bubblegum. SWEEEEET and WOAH bubblegum.

But then my skin chemistry turns against me and - wah - there is a strong plastic band-aid smell. For about an hour. And the soft cinnamon-y sweet scent I get after the band-aids finally go away is not worth suffering through the plastic.

Woe.

Tzi

This is straight bubblegum in the imp-pink and juicy and delicious!!! Yum! :P

Hmmm...this is really weird on my skin...there's that bubblegum top note, and the sweet fruity lollipops...but that "heady womanly perfume" is making me cough every time I take a whiff *hackhackwheeze* From far away I like this, but it gets a bit funky if I get too close. I love that bubblegum note though...just not sure this is going to work for me. I want to see how it settles on full dry down.

That weird note that was making me cough seems to be going away! Woohoo! Man, I really like this...sticky pink bubblegum without being too sweet or cloying...there's something delightfully sweet and naughty and even a little spicy about it. This is definitely going on my wishlist! The only bummer is that it does fade rather fast, but it's a price I'll pay!

Swiftly changeable, as preteens are. It begins as stiflingly-sweet bubblegum, changes to icky burnt something in a few minutes, and just as quickly settles down to an almost-but-not-quite sophisticated perfume. I like this one. It's very teenage, but I can still wear it without problem. I would have worn it to see my rockstar crushes perform, had I received the imp then. Also, the scent and concept make a friend of mine go o.0 in a most entertaining way. :P

This is acky. Wet, it's bubblegum, pure and hideous. It quickly becomes sticky lollipops, just like the description says, and fortunately the bubblegum fades. Sort of. I was ready to wash this off, it was so icky, but drydown helped. Under the sugared sweetness was a cruel stabbing scent, something vicious. I suppose that was the "heady womanly perfume". It's still yucky. WHERE IS MY KALI??

:P Fruity, sexy and sassy. I really like this one! Pure bubblegum with the tiniest hint of cinnamon. It makes me want to wear a mini-skirt and sneak out of the house wearing a ton of makeup. It reminds me a little of scented dolls I had as a kid, that came with perfume for you to wear too. I love it and must have a bottle for when I am feeling girlish and pink. It just has that...hot pink sassy vibe that all girls need sometimes.

The Lolita lollipop is gone in a minute for me. which frustrated me because I was really having fun with it. :D Followed quickly by a really spicy note, which settled down to a complex and lovely incense layer.

Main problem for me, it has no holding power. But I do have that problem generally with my body chemistry. Cockaine, The Candy Butcher, Eat Me and Drink Me are some of the few that last on me. This one turned into a pretty memory quickly. :D

ADDED Sept. 14:

OK....bubble gum which I love. But blink and that's gone. All I am left with is cinnamon candy, nothing more. Still, it's a lovely thing and I enjoy it. Makes me feel carefree somehow. :P

Oh wow. I could've sworn I had tried this before, but it's not at all what I remember.

For the first couple seconds I get cherry bubblegum. Then the bubblegum fades and I am left with a really rich cherry lollipop. Not super sweet, more like a black cherry. I catch a faint hint of the orange blossom....mmmm.....

As it dries it becomes a smokey, musky cherry. Very sexy and flirty. I need a bottle.

In the imp: Bubblegum and some Charms cherry lollipops.

Wet: Lots of pink bubblegum!

Dry: The cherry comes into play and the orange does a little bit too behind the bubblegum. I smell a little musk.

Overall: It's a stronger bubblegum amped-up version of Xanthe to me and I really like Xanthe, so *thumbs up*.

in the imp: like super-cheap penny candy and cough syrup :P

wet on skin: the cough syrup is mostly gone, and is replaced by a rather nice spice note. but the sticky candy part is still the dominant here.

dry down: the candy has fled and now what remains is a light, spicy cinnamon-esque perfume. surprisingly gentle, actually.

in all: if you like spicy perfumes but generally find them too heavy, give this one a try.

:D

this is possibly the most 'pink' scent i have ever tried.

at the beginning it was pink bubblegum - unfortunately combined with a smell that reminded me of a hospital - then i got the lollipops - still unfortunately combined with the hospital smell - but thankfully that then went away and i was left with a pink fruity floral scent which moved from more fruity to more floral as it faded

On me, Jailbait is exactly as described, until the perfumey note arises and goes bad...

Initially on, this is amazing pink, gooey bubblegum, the kind that you can't quite chew at first because it's too hard but has a tooth-aching sweetness to it. After a minute or two, you can smell fruit lollipops... from my perspective, it was more red lollipops than orange, but sweet and, yes, perhaps a little too childish, but fun.

However, after an hour and a half, a sour, stale scent started to bubble up from underneath all the fun girlishness. Over the next hour, the staleness overtook everything else and it's hard to remember that this was such a fun, bright scent to begin with.

**Disclaimer: florals tend to go very bad on me, so if the "womanly perfume" mentioned in the description had a floral base, that might be what's going wrong with Jailbait. Sigh. I did so want to like this one.

In the vial: a fresh pack of bubblegum

Wet: Bubblegum, the kind in the yellow package sometimes called tooty fruity. Or Chicklets maybe

Drydown: Wintergreen peeks out from underneath the other gum fragrances. But this time it is not making me sick. I have an aversion to wintergreen due to my uncle's disgusting Skoal habit when I was a child. In this case it is tempered by tooty fruity, so it doesn't remind me of Skoal, thank goodness. Gum! I think it's wonderful! It gets a bit spicier as it dries reminding me more of Teenage Cannibal than The Blockhead.

Ooo, you know what this smells like when it's completely dry? The bubblegum flavored wax that the orthodontist used on me to make impressions of my teeth. LOL. I always loved that flavoring they used.

Edited by Tempest

For me it's simply a lolita bubblegum/lollipop note that goes in a flash and you're left with cinnamon. No perfume, no florals...just cinnamon. I like it, though I would actually like the top notes to last longer as I love sweet scents. :P

I got this one in a swap and I'm glad I did. I love this scent. I get a lot of the bubble gum scent from this one. I'd almost think I smelled root beer too. I guess it's the other notes in it and my nose is doing funny things with it. All in all, I love the scent. Very fun, sweet scent.

i bought this bottle blindly off ebay and i'm glad i did. i was really excited for the bubblegum note and you can definitely smell it in the bottle. it's another story when it's on your skin though, it smells like cinnamon as mentioned before. i still like it though and will definitely use my partial bottle

In bottle: bubblegum so sweet it makes me giggle. held it out to my friends to smell to get the same reaction from every one of them, each making me smirk.

Wet on me: First very bubble gummy, but within a short time I get surprised by the scent of cinnamon...

After 20mins: Very strong cinnamon scent on me for some unknown reason. I can still smell the bubblegum and cherry in the background but cinnamon is dominating the scent for me.

After about an hour: The strong cinnamon smell fades and now it's more like sweet candy and a faint hint of cherry...

Verdict: I really do adore it. It fades after a few hours and I really have no clue why it smells like cinnamon on me, but I really like how it all blends together in a sweet teasing candy scent, with a bit of a sting to it and I'd not mind to eventually get a bigger bottle of this just to tease myself and those near me with this sweet scent.

(edit: grammar error..)

Edited by BishouNoTeresa

If I ever woke up and found myself the warden of a maximum security prison, I would load barrels Jailbait into the fire supression system and spray down any potential rioters to turn them into giggly toenail-painting slumber partiers. And then I'd do the same for Congress.

Underneath the silly pink girliness there is a bit of almond oil - or some other type of nuttiness that likely contributed to the previous paragraph.

Jailbait definitely evokes its concept, but alas is just not me.