Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
lixolux

Has No Hanna

Brings a rush of good luck, lifts the spirit, and helps alleviate depression.

This was a frimp in a decant circle.

In the vial: I can't even say. Something warm and golden with a distinct floral note.

On me: When it first touches the skin, this reminds me distinctly of Chuparosa—not a good thing, in my opinion. The drydown loses some of that bright-pink screaming floral brightness. A golden heart develops: a bit sharp, which could be ginger; maybe some golden fruits; certainly a strong, cheerful floral aspect. The overall scent is a warm, golden tone with a wake-me-up feeling, and it's not unpleasant. It's not my style, however, and I accidentally over-applied (stupid imp leak) and the scent is already quite strong, so I'm more concerned with washing it off than having my depression alleviated. (And then I went and washed it off, so I can't comment on how the scent changes during wear.)

Verdict: To be honest, I stuck this in my box for trades as soon as I recapped the imp. The scent is not at all unpleasant, and I wouldn't mind smelling it on someone else; it can definitely double as voodoo and perfume blend. But predominant florals aren't my style, nor is the bright golden color of the perfume. I'll pass this one on to someone else.

Wet: floral

Dry: Nice light floral, happy.

At least for me, I think Persephone is better for creating a feeling of lightness and happiness (though the scents themselves are nothing alike).

In bottle: Pleasant floral with faintly herbal under scent Wet: I smells violet/jasmine to me. Dry; smells like floral drier sheets. Note: I splashed this on my hand, so it’s not a normal test patch.

Whoa! :P Definitely smells bright, cheery, and happy!

Wet: a rounded, golden scent, softly floral and fruity

Drying down: a sweet earthiness prevades, anchoring the scent down

I just put it on so I can't tell you exactly how long it lasts or if it really does work as a good luck charm for me, but I feel happier just wearing it. :D Definitely have to upgrade to a bottle, just so I can have "happiness-in-a-bottle" around for those blue days! :D

OK, I actually liked this scent. It was pretty floral and girly (I thought). My daughter came running over to give me a hug goodbye this morning and asked "What smells like a pickle?" I held up my wrist and she giggled "Yep. Pickles." I let the boy sniff to confirm and he wrinkled his nose before saying "Pickles."

I took another sniff and of course, all I could smell was dill and some light floral notes.

I really need to get a scent locket.

In the Imp: ahaha after reading the dill pickle story above I can definitely imagine it that way.. but really it's a nice floral and herbal blend. It smells pretty wet, with a green bite. It has a juicy pear aspect to it. Totally tasty IMHO.

Wet: Pretty much the same.. it's really nice-- juicy, fruity floral.. with something earthy underneath.

Dry: Definitely more floral and less fruity on the drydown.

Overall: This is interesting.. I really liked it in the imp when I first sniffed it, and it's nice on, and probably would be in an oil burner too. I'll have to try it sometime when I need a little luck (that's all the time though isn't it?) and see how that goes.

With all of the conjure bag oils, I recognize crossover parts of them in other conjure oils. They all have a potency and power to their fragrances which seem to really invoke the ideas and energies behind their intended uses. I had used a little of this one in my oil burner right after I got it but was very busy that night which is not like me and felt like I kind of missed a date with something important. Tonight I felt was the night to really commit to investigating this oil. I have been burning it in my oil burner and then after my bath I decided to put some on. I feel like a weight has been lifted from me. Like I can breathe freely. I didn't think I was feeling bad but I feel better! I feel very relaxed but with a clear head. For me so far several of the conjure bag oils are extremely compelling. Like once I have smelled them that is all I want to smell. After I have been wearing this a while there is something about it that reminds me of hot fresh ironed old cotton. I do find it uplifting and wish I could go back and give myself some of it when I have been really struggling with depression. This is not a bracing uplift but more like the uplift that happens when a slightly wilted plant gets water. And I can't get enough of it. This is going on my next big bottle order list!

I think this is my first case of magically-timed appropriate frimpage from the Lab. This came with my Windy Moon order, but I'm actually trying Has No Hanna first, because I've been having an indescribably bad past few days and could really use some lifting of the spirit and alleviation of depression. In a sense, it's already working a little bit, since getting a CnS and receiving my order were small bright points in the past few days. I'm hoping the oil itself will serve its proper purpose on me.

In the imp: Somewhere between fruity and floral, sweet for the most part, but with a little bit of a bite.

Wet on skin: It's erring more to the side of floral than fruity now, but it's still sweet - almost juicy. The bit of bitterness from before is distinguishing itself as more earthy now.

Drydown: Freshly dry, it's pretty much a sweet floral with a bit of an earthy edge. Possibly ylang-ylang? At any rate, the flowers are white and fragrant. They're not soapy. At one hour in, the whole thing has grown softer. It's still a white floral with an earthy base, a little less sweet than before. It is possible that something faintly musky might be hanging out in there, but I'm not entirely sure.

Five hours later: This has faded even more, to the point where it's only a very faint floral thing. I'm now doubting the impression I had around one hour that there might be musk in here. The earthy note is still around as something vaguely dusty on top of the flowers.

End of the day: Gone.

Overall: I have to say that the scent of Has No Hanna doesn't particularly appeal to me (though it doesn't offend or disgust), but I do think I had a brighter and clearer day than I would have expected giving the events of the previous day and the minimal amount of sleep. I still got things done, and had a few pleasant conversations that even involved laughter. I have no idea what sort of role Has No Hanna had in this, relative to the role of passing time, but that was enough that I plan on holding on to it, white floral or not.

In the imp, I could smell what I think are cherries.

Wet on the skin, it smells like men's cologne, but not too chemically. As it began it's sitting on the skin for a while process, it started to smell like warm lemon juice, which was a fairly pleasant scent.

On dry down...I made the mistake of wearing this out and actually asked the girl next to me if I was drowning her in the smell of Deep Woods Off. She couldn't smell it, but it was screaming that smell at me.

Not a keeper for me, sadly.

Something very fruity...it smells like nectar or juice, but I can't quite tell from what fruit. It's a sweet, heavy scent, with a bit of a watery note underneath.

In the imp: this smells like pickles. I asked the hubby if he smelled that as well and he agreed.

On me: not pickles anymore, luckily. I love them but I don't want to smell like them. Anyway, it starts to turn to a scent that while pleasant, isn't really me. I'm not really sure how to describe it, but it's a comforting and somewhat familiar scent.

Overall: Nice, but I think it will go to my sister. She could really use something for luck and bad days lately.

imp: fresh gardenia.

wet: yep, gardenia. mega-ultra-strong gardenia.

dry: gardenia. more tame perhaps but still incredibly strong.

Urk! Another imp drawn randomly from the shoe box o' doom. It's FLOWERS!!!!!! Wet, dry, mellowed down ... nothing but FLOWERS!!!!! Just like that. Not spring subtle or rain washed flowers ... FLOWERS!!!!!!! Something grown in a hothouse or in a tropical environment that leaps on you and wraps its flower stinkiness around your head like a vise until you can run away gasping. Oh, no. I don't like.

From the imp - Strong white florals, not too sweet... with a light green bitter edge.

On me - Florals went poof and disappeared, its all a bitter sharp green scent... the closest I can describe it is.. like bitter celery gone bad... maybe even cilantro-bitter..without the cilantro part? >.< This gives me a headache. :(

Oh well, it was worth trying, since everyone seems to have very different experiences with this scent.

Sniffed: Bright, slightly orange-gold yellow oil. Sweet, floral, and a little sharp. Ylang ylang, magnolia and maybe some hyacinth? It's almost slightly fruity, in a floral way. Heady, feminine, and a little traditionally 'perfumey'.

Wet: Sharper, almost green/medicinal, with the florals taking on a definite creamy edge. This reminds me a lot of The Unheavenly City, too. Very rich and bright, quite smooth and very well-blended. I get a bit of stemmy/wet leaves sort of greenness.

Dry: Wow...this is going very sharp and sort of bitter, which makes me strongly suspect narcissus - it's a green-white, harsh floral note that turns quickly on my skin, as this did. I get a bit of a soapy edge, now, and less creaminess.

Later: This has gone so green I think there has got to be something actually green in here making this so bitter, I'd guess maybe tansy & grass? Also, perhaps some mimosa (sour-sharp) and neroli (soapy-sharp) count among the many strong florals. I don't get myrhh, but possibly opium, or even poppy.

Summary: There could be some white peach in this, giving the fruitness which is almost cloyingly sweet, as that note is on my skin. It's becoming a tiny bit more soapy over time, but mostly this is heady florals and sharp greenery. It has INSANE throw.

Extra implet. Was very woody at first on my hand then softened into a floral-ish gingery peach smell within a minute or two.

I don't think I had it on long enough to see if it was lucky :)

I received a sample of Has No Hanna with my order. Thanks BPAL, I really appreciate your generosity. Very strong when first applied, however the dry down scent is absolutely lovely. Very subtle and clean smelling.

I wore this oil today for the first time. As for it's good luck quality....I had a call for a job interview ( one that I was really hoping to hear from) today. Coincidence? I think not.

I'm going to need a full size vial of this stuff. I love it!!

Edited by Witch

Whew--*seriously* powdery gardenia. Follow Me Boy and Chuparosa come to mind but this is even more straight gardenia than those are. Not changing much as it dries.

in the bottle - strong, warm floral.

10 minutes after applying to wrist - lemon, maybe eucalyptus? i think i smell currants. raisin maybe. cinnamon and clove.

20 minutes later - sweet pickles, clove, currants. something stings the nostril, it really smells a bit like eucalyptus meets a pickle meets a raisin. not for me, but not horrible. it's interesting. off to swaps you go, little pickle raisin man.

Very strong floral here. I think maybe jasmine and ylang ylang or gardenia, with a touch of vanilla or something creamy and sweet. Flowers can overpower any blend on my skin, so this went pretty screaming floral on me. Not pleasant on me at all. And VERY headache inducing.

In the imp, the aroma is very medicinal and herbal. Once on the skin it takes on an unguent thickness that dissolves quickly into watery jasmine and gardenia. There is is a green undertone to it~maybe majoram...and something else that is rooty. Actually quite subtle on the white florals...and surprisingly pleasant. Gardenia usually makes me run for cover, not here, though. Will hold on to this one for some good vibes to come my way.

I don't get the floral note others seem to pick up, but here goes...

Smells soft and green, like vegetables and mild herbs. The main scents I'm picking up are cucumber and fennel, with a gentle touch of something like nutmeg.

I put this on just before heading to DMV, and it seems like it must have worked. I was in and out in under an hour, and everything went smoothly.

Wet, this is a gorgeous, beautiful gardenia, round and creamy and sweet, the same gardenia note from the original Scorpio '04, Unheavenly City, and my beloved Gardenia Single Note imp.

As the fragrance dries down, a rose note comes forward. It reminds me of the sleepy-time rose in TAL Nocturne and Somnus.

Rose is fine for aromatherapeutic purposes on me, but I don't love it in a day-wear perfume.

I'm kinda bummed, this is one of the first GC's in a while that smelled like a must-have-5mL in the vial for me. The rose drydown cut into the magic, personally speaking.

I must say that I'm extremely fascinated by people's vastly different experiences with this scent. Very curious!

I've had some back luck getting my car registered (the Massachusetts RMV is the sixth circle of hell) so maybe I'll give Has No Hanna a try. 5th time's the charm, right??

A very warm herbal scent - it's really quite nice, but I'm not sure what to do with it! It doesn't work much as a day to day scent, and I'm too much of a cynic to believe it'll bring me good luck. On wet, it's actually not a nice scent at all - it's all herby and medicinal all the time and smells a bit bitter - but as it dries down, it becomes sweeter, warmer and more fragrant.

It was a frimp from the lab - I'll throw it in the swap pile for now, if I can't get rid of it, I'll keep it, but I'm not too attached to it.

ETA: Forget what I said about it not bringing good luck: within a half hour of trying it I got a call from the supermarket saying I won the sweepstakes my mum convinced me to enter a few weeks ago and I won first prize - a laptop. Cue me breaking into an impromptu rendition of "I'm a believer" and this little guy going back into my pile of keepers.

Edited by voorishsign

I can't vouch for the luck bringing properties but I rather like this scent.

It's a warm heady gardina/ylang ylang based floral. Maybe there is a little rose too. On my skin it develops a slightly fruity edge that might be lotus. Underneath the flowers it has a bitter herbalness that stops it from becoming too cloying or sickly.

It's bright, happy and quite wearable if you like florals. I'm just waiting for my luck to change now. :)