Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

I Fell in Love with a Floating Brain

Spongy grey and pink cake, with sweet strawberry cream, giddy carnation, and electrical pulses of white grapefruit.

This dries down to a creamy strawberry shortcake smell that is so perfect for spring! Yay! At times this blend almost verges on "strawberry shortcake doll" smell, but there is a realistic strawberry tang and a background of smooth complexity that takes it to that next level. There's a touch of something hinting at spice in there, too, which really piques my interest. I love this! It is awfully reminiscent of Huesos de Santo, but with strawberries and no anise seed. I like this one better, honestly...the strawberry gives this blend a real pick-me-up quality that is refreshing and highly welcomed, I must say!

:yum: Edited by Shollin

Another awesome decant gifted by the lovely Wench457! :wub2:

This is another decant I had been wanting to try for ages and somehow she knew just how to make my day!

First sniff from the vial: mmmm, smells pleasantly intriguing!

Wet on my skin: *inhaling deeply* ohhhhh yeah, this is goooood. The first thing I smell is something slightly akin to MB Bigger Critter but BETTER. It's much softer and gentler than BC but with the same delicious foody/spice note. I'm now getting more of the sponge-cake qualities and practically squeal with glee! :lol:

Dry-down: I now realize I will be on the hunt for a whole bottle of this scrumptious little morsel. I love it!! I wasn't such a huge fan of BiggerCritter because I thought it had too much jasmine or something that overpowered the tasty cookie/biscuit part. But when I smell this it is a perfect blend of the softer version of BC and a moist, creamy sponge-cake dripping with whipped cream. YUMMAAAY!! :yum:

Edited by quantum spice

Bottle: Cake. Strong, strawberry cake. Very sweet and syrupy. It reminds me a lot of Beaver Moon 07.

Wet: I know this is totally going to blow your mind but it becomes... CAKE! SUPER CAKE! THE CAKIEST CAKE TO EVER WALK THE CAKE WALK! There's still a faint hint of strawberry.

Dry: I like this but I don't quite know why. I'll have to be in a very specific mood to wear it because it is one of the craziest, foodiest scents I've ever smelled and I'm kind of uncomfortable with it on my skin. It smells very, very young and is a little unnerving. I get sweet, vanilla cake and strawberry and a hint of that scented doll plastic scent. It's not unpleasant and I like it but in a purely platonic way. Meaning: If anyone ever smelled this on me and thought it was sexy I'd be like, "WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU I SMELL LIKE JUNIOR HIGH!?"

Throw: Good.

Overall: Interrobanged, accusatory exclamations aside I think this is a pretty nice scent. But it is possibly the least sexual BPAL I have ever tried in my life. On my skin it feels so innocent and childlike that it actually has negative sex appeal. It's a fun blend and a good one to have when I just want to hang out with friends and have a good time.

I was excited about this one, because I LOVE carnation and won't say no to cake and cream. The only worrying note for me was the grapefruit, as it tends to turn to BO on my skin. Ruined a couple of the Tiki scents for me >.<.

Wet: This is VERY sweet, to the point that it makes my nose tingle! It's not a complicated scent - just piles of strawberry cake, no grapefruit or carnation at all. The strawberry note is a bit tart and has a tang to it that seems kind of off to me...perhaps the Strawberry Shortcake doll note that others have mentioned. It's not plastic, exactly, but it does make the strawberry a tiny bit fake.

This blend seems perfect for enabling a young daughter or niece into BPAL. Well, name aside, of course :). It's very light and sweet.

In the vial, it's strawberries in vanilla-flavoured cream.

Unfortunately, on my skin, it's not much of anything. Sweet and a bit fruity, mildly cakeish, but not particularly nuanced or complex. It stays the same from drydown onwards. Perfectly pleasant, but innocuous and not desperately engaging. Bit disappointing, really.

I'm not entirely sure what to do with the imp. Since December, age hasn't done much to shift this one about, but it's not like I hate the thing. It's nice. I guess that's the thing -- it's nice. I wanted more.

It smells like strawberry cake. It smells very sweet, creamy, and pink. I can smell the grapefruit, sweet, zingy citrus. There is a slight spicy smell like mild pepper. I love sweet foody scents so this was great to me.

At first, this actually smells like my aunt's sponge cake! So cool. When it's dry, it's ALL gingerbread. Random, eh? It's very nice though; I'm not a huge gingerbread fan, but I really like the idea of wearing this around the holidays. It makes my arm smell edible. I'll definitely hold on to my imp, but I won't need a bottle.

Out of 10: 7.5

I just got a bottle of this today through a swap. On me this is very spicy. I'm not getting any hint of strawberry, carnation, or white grapefruit. Just a really great spicy scent.

I did! I fell in love with a fun, delicious, spongy pink brain! This is a fun scent. I get vanilla, strawberry, and carnation. It's a "fake" scent, like an artificially-flavored snack cake, but I think that's why I like it. :yum:

In bottle: Sweet buttery vanilla.

On me, wet: Cloying fake butter, cinnamon. Similar to Gluttony.

On me, drying: Cloying fake butter, cinnamon, and sharp fake strawberry.

Verdict: This ain’t good.

Sniffed: Sweet and foody, it's all about the strawberry and cake! Almost a little creamy cheesy/cheesecake - like Beaver Moon. Not buttery, but very rich and cakey. The carnation and white grapefruit are there but overwhelmed.

Wet: Less sweet and more complex; SPICY, rich carnation and bitter-tart grapefruit - these are fantastic additions and really complement the foodiness. Less creamy, but still very rich and cakey with plenty of strawberry. It's so interesting and unique, I can't stop sniffing!

Dry: The strawberry is amping or the cake is drying down - I get that 'wild strawberry' note I got from Beaver Moon 07, as some have noted - it's very strong and sort of tart, and melds with the grapefruit which has a definite zesty-bitter-pithy edge. The carnation is so strong!

Later: The carnation note reminds me so much of the carnation in Pink Moon 05 - I totally get that sort of vibe on later drydown when most of the cake & grapefruit have dissipated. This is almost not-foody now, and the notes have all blended together so beautifully. Definitely a 'pink sugar' note.

Summary: This evolves so beautifully and is so awesomely both like other scents I love and totally its own scent. Decent throw and longevity - I do have to slather. This is a two-bottle scent for me.

:wub2:

Cake, cake and cake with a side of spicy strawberry.

This is sweet, but fortunately the carnation keeps it from becoming too sweet. I'm not getting any grapefruit out of this, but that's fine by me. This blend easily hits my 10 ten favorite scents ever. Yum!

I dont get any grapefruit or carnation from this; it's pure foodie bakery sweet goodness; it's all cake and strawberries and cream...

and I love it! :wub2:

If brains really tasted this good, Hannibal Lecter and I are going to have to have a meal together!

In the decant, I get a scent similar to that I did with Huesos de Santo; cake, with a bit of a citrus hint. Once on my skin, it's an amazing mix of cake, carnation, and strawberry/white grapefruit; what I wanted Huesos de Santo to be. Oh, nom. And more DISOs, away!

Edited by Venneh

I always desperately want to love these fruity foody scents, but they never jive with my chemistry. The fruit is often lost in the scent and the scent overall tends to disappear in minutes (about 15 usually). This is no different for me unfortunately :( There is something "off" about the scent on me - a slightly misplaced note under the cakey sweetness that doesn't agree with me but that I cannot place. I don't get strawberry or carnation at all, I do get cake and a smidge of grapefruit (perhaps that is what is throwing me off?).

Strawberry and cake. Can't really detect carnation, and just a smidge of grapefruit. The strawberry smells good and squishy (and not strange/artificial and acidic like it does sometimes on me) and the cake is mainly background. It's mostly a strawberry scent on me with just a touch of foodie-ness as backup.

I like it, and I don't really have any other straight-up strawberry scents (usually can't wear them because they don't work on me), so I want to keep this one around. My husband likes strawberry scents.

In decant: Smells a bit like fresh strawberries on cake, a bit buttery

Wet: WHOA CAKE!! The Man could smell it from across the room!!

Drydown: Calming down into a sweet and tasty cake with strawberries and cream. Not getting any carnation or grapefruit.

Later: Still there a few hours later. What a great scent—AND I just managed to score a bottle, too!

In bottle: fruity, strawberry cake

Wet on skin: smells like white cake batter, whipped frosting and topped with berries

Dry on skin: a little fruitier, I can smell the grapefruit a little more. Still very sweet :wub2: If you love foody scents, you have to try this!

Like everyone else, I am mostly getting strawberry cake. It's not as mouth-watering as I find Eat Me to be, but it comes as a close second. The fruitiness is more predominant. Yummy.

:wub2: Strawberry spice cake. It's creamy, soft, moist and warm. Almost as if it came right out of the oven. Carnation adds spice and a hint of floral, and there is no grapefruit to be found.

This is so comforting. It's the love child of Strawberry Moon and Eat Me. Delicious. :yum:

In the bottle, I really smell the creamy strawberry with cake, and hints of the grapefruit. With a second sniff, the cake becomes very pronounced.

On my skin I really smell the grapefruit and slightly strawberry cake. Divine!

I somehow managed to knock over my bottle in the process of this review.. </3

My full bottle is now only a little more than half full and is sporting a stained label. Wah. :(

My room does smell delicious now, though..haha..

Havent even reviewed this while i have 2 bottles for ages :wub2:

From the bottle: Fruity, creamy and cake.

Wet: fresh and light fruit and cake

Dry: Strawberry Cake!!!!!! just sweet and cakeyness :wub2:

Love love love this scent !! :heart:

On: So much cake!!! I can smell the strawberry cream, too. Yummy.

Half an hour in: Sweet strawberry cake. So yummy. This makes me want to bake a cake.

1 hour in: Strawberry cream and very spongy cake.

2 hours in: Still yummy cake with strawberry frosting.

2.5 hours in: Still the same! I can't believe this isn't going gross on me.

4 hours in: Sigh. A bit of a wood scent now. My skin is so weird.

Overall: I really liked this for quite a while and it smelled better on me for longer than a lot of foody scents do.

This one is one of my favorites! I love the strawberry cake and the carnation adds a delicate spice! TDF!!

ITI: Super sweet - cake, cream, and candied strawberries. Yikes!

Wet: Okay, at least the grapefruit comes out on my skin, thank goodness. However, the creamy, cakey, sugary sweetness is still there, making me feel like I'm about to go into a sugar coma.

Dry: After an hour dry, I get sugar and strawberry glaze. It's rather sweet and girly, but if I wanted to give that impression, I would reach for this.