Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Okiya Atmosphere Spray

Cherry blossom, green tea, and sake.

I didn't expect to like this that much because I'm not a huge fan of clean or green scents or Asian florals but it really is nice! :D
Lots of pretty cherry blossom wafting through my living room.

Perfect since it's Spring & I feel like something fresher than my usual warm spicy scents.

I find that the sake and green tea are pretty strong, with the cherry blossom component as an overlay. It smells crisp, clean, slightly floral.

I can see the comparison to the Sakura room spray, but Sakura was ALL wisteria to my nose.

I think I may need a BIG bottle of this.

I was a little concerned that this would have the BPAL artificial cherry-candy note that I don't care for, but I took a chance in hopes of getting a true floral cherry blossom instead. And I love the concept and the Japanese-themed notes.

As it turns out, I don't detect either cherry fruit or cherry blossoms at all. But I was also interested in the other ingredients, and I do notice the green tea especially, and also the mild woodiness of the bamboo. Since the green tea note is the strongest note, this goes perfectly with the sheets on my bed, where I sprayed it - they are the exact color of matcha tea. The fragrance is not sweet at all, which surprised me. In fact, it is almost salty, with a seawater undertone. This isn't boozey, either, although I do pick up something like sake without the alcohol.

To me this smells like a men's cologne - it reminds me of how my sons smell when they come out of the bathroom after showering. It is quite pleasant, but not really my thing. I would love it if l could smell realistic cherry blossoms in addition to the other notes.

This is a light fragrance, even when I sprayed it around very generously. And the scent doesn't last as long as some of the other atmospheric sprays. It lasts longer when sprayed on fabric than when sprayed into the air.

My rating: 4 stars

I sprayed this on my pillow last night (trying different ways to help knock myself out), and it actually kept me awake longer instead of lulling me into rest. It should be soothing and simple, but it actually is invigorating to me. Tea and a slightly bitter sake edge with cherry blossom... it's nice, fairly generic, and exactly what I thought it would be. (Just no more trying to sleep with it.)

To me this smells like straight up cherry blossom, in the best way possible. I love cherry blossom, and it is hard to find a fragrance that smells like the real thing. The green tea must be what makes it smell so fresh. This is my new favorite BPTP room spray!

I could have sworn that I already reviewed this. I got a generous squirt bottle with my Weenie order. It's light and lovely. The tea is a very clean note, and the cherry blossom scent blends nicely with it. I can't pick out any booze notes whatsoever. It's a very high, sweet scent with surprising last for something so light. It makes me think of spring.

These are notes I just can't wear on my skin, but love in theory. Was so delighted to spray this and find it fresh but also rounded in a warm way. It's springy but not chilly. Need a big bottle for use in places and at times when the heavier, more leathery, resinous, or beeswaxy atmos I love are a little too sexy.

Also the color impression I get exactly matches the sea green in my bathroom.

It's like sweet sake, freshly blooming cherry trees, and something that reminds me of tatami mats. I really like it and I think I'd like my room to smell like this more often.

This is fabulous! I like my living room and hallways to smell fresh and clean, and Okiya fits the bill perfectly! It's all crisp and slightly sweet cherry blossoms with just-slightly bitter sake and tea. Love!

This is a wonderful, sweet cherry blossom scent, with the freshness of the green tea, and a slight boozy undertone to bring it down just a little bit. It's so fresh and light, but still grounded. It's not too sweet either, which is nice. The cherry blossom and green tea are the strongest notes for me, and the sake is much softer. It's perfect for spring and summer, though I love it so much that I'll probably use it in winter anyway.

I keep my windows wide open, but it still lasts at least a day in my room. Definitely a wonderful scent, and I can see myself buying many bottles of it for sure. :wub2:

Cherry blossom and green tea may sound very generic, but this isn't at all. Probably because it actually smells like real cherry blossoms, and a pot of brewing green tea. Smells sophisticated and fresh, and somehow gives the impression that all the windows in the house have been open all day. Just lovely.

First spritz, this is a fresh burst of green tea and sake. As it lingers in the air for a couple minutes a gorgeous cherry blossom comes through. It's light, fresh and gently floral. I never used to like the smell of cherry blossom until I discovered BPAL. The labs cherry blossom note is absolutely gorgeous.

This is so different from what I normally reach for, I think I may need to pick up a large bottle. I would also wear this as a perfume if it was ever released in oil form. :)

Lightly scented sweet Sake, with a more citrus like green tea. Cherry Blossom even lighter in the back ground. Pretty but not strong enough. I want my atmos to be loud.

This is really pretty. Sweet, floral, girly. There's something almost fruity about it. This type of scent never works on my skin, but its lovely sprayed on my pillow! The cherry blossom in this is truly lovely without my skin chemistry turning it to burning plastic.

Spayed it in my living room and I was transported to my Grandmothers house. And her love for glade room scenting.

Which, killed it for me. It's a lovely, fresh, floral scent. I can't shake this scental association, so this lab sample will find its way in a swap/sale pkg.

Oh no, I love this one too! As others have said, this is a good basic "clean" scent. It does lean toward pink floral but it's not overly feminine, just soft and fresh. I actually wasn't sure about this one because I'm not really a fan of cherry blossom perfumes, but it turns out I like them just fine when they're not on me. Also perfectly spring-y, which is what I need at this point in the year.

I like this a lot! Very clean, bright, floral. Perfect for making a room smell fresh, cozy, warm - like after a good spring cleaning!

It's a soft scent and not tart or astringent at all.

Wish I had more than just a tester. :)