Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Okiya Atmosphere Spray

Cherry blossom, green tea, and sake.

I predict that this will be a popular product! All three notes blend together to create a scent that manages to be fresh, crisp and natural - no dryer sheets here! The green tea and sake stop it from being 'just' a floral, while the cherry blossom provides balance and adds the right amount of sweetness. The overall effect is simple, clean and long-lasting. Pretty *and* practical.

This is a very good choice for an atmosphere spray. It smells clean, but not like detergent-soap-clean. It's fresh and is less girly and more "general purpose" than, say, Snow White room spray or Queen's Croquet Ground. A good one.

This is absolutely gorgeous, I could not have hoped for more in an atmosphere spray. Fresh breezy flowers give off a just-right sweetness. When you spray it, it doesn't have that " I just sprayed something to cover up a smell" feel that most non-BPTP sprays have. It blends very naturally into the environment it is sprayed in, and just smells clean, fresh and pretty. I want this as a perfume it smells so lovely. Perfect all around!

I sprayed Okiya on some throw pillows and my boy isn't too crazy about it. He says that it smells like pink, sweet flowers to him. I agree with him; I get lots of girly cherry blossom. It's a sweet, pink, clean smelling floral. I also think that it has an undertone of something effervescent, like a citrus champagne (like LUSH's Champagne Snow Showers). After an hour or two, the blend dries down to a creamy, sweeter floral that's also a touch perfumey.

I think that Okiya is a pretty scent. It might be a little too perfumey for me, but I think I'll keep my sample around for when I want a room scent that's very feminine.

The green tea adds a crispness to the scent while the cherry blossom softens and sake rounds out the blend. Quite clean and refreshing. If I close my eyes, I'm in the park in springtime with the cherry trees all in bloom.

Gorgeous.

:wub2:

Love this! It is so fresh and bright! I hope BPTP will bring more out in this vein! My husband said, after I sprayed it liberally across the downstairs, "Whatever that is, buy a gallon of it! It makes the house smell great!"

Fresh cherry blossoms and sweet green tea. The sake gives this an alcohol-ish tinge. This is very light but lasts a long time and very nice for spring days.

I ordered a sample of this along with Down the Rabbit Hole, The Queen's Croquet Ground and Doc Constantine and out of all of them this is my favorite scent.

It's very light, so much so to my nose that I used up most of the goblin the first time I sprayed it, but it's gorgeous. Light pink florals and green tea, this is very much the perfect scent for spring. :D

straight squirt is green tea with a hint of cherry blossom...quite pretty and a great summertime spray for the home, car or anywhere!!

Origin: Straight from the Trading Post

Initial Thoughts: I'm not so big on the green tea, but this was a freebie.

Sprayed: Crisp and freshly spring, but the tea or sake is giving it a harsh edge. I get very little of the cherry blossom.

Verdict: A little too astringent for me.

i think Little Bird got all the cherry blossoms out of my bottle! 'cuz i don't smell anything the least bit blossom-y or floral.

at first, it smelled like seawater, then there was a kick of alcohol swabs. the overall effect is something like the scented hand sanitizers, but it still smells more like seawater than anything else.

i'll give it another try, but not today.

I expected this to be a faint green tea-dominated scent, but no, it really surprised me. It's sweet booze-soaked cherry blossoms, maybe with a hint of green tea in the background but definitely not as the dominant note. It's a surprisingly "juicy" and "red" scent to my nose.

Goblin squirt sample.

Holy schmoly, I'd like to buy an entire tank of this stuff, okay thanks bye. Also, please make a perfume oil out of this scent; I'll buy a gallon of that too, thank you!

This is absolutely gorgeous! The initial squirt is lots of sake and cherry blossoms; it's quite boozy. Within two minutes, the green tea note emerges, lending a crisp quality to the scent, while the cherry blossoms sweeten a bit and lend a vaguely juicy quality to this spray. This is crisp, clean, fresh, and mildly fruity (without actually being fruity!). It's subtle, light, makes the room smell wonderful, and lasts a long time.

Perfect for spring and summer. I will be upgrading this to a bottle. :wub:

Edited by Kejiaron

A bit sharp when first sprayed. The cherry blossom scent is heavy, with a touch of sake. I didn’t get much green tea from this. A little goes a long way and it does linger a couple of days!

Juicy red cherry and sweet green tea, with a hint of the boozy underneath when first sprayed. As it dries I get a candy vibe from it. Pleasant, but overly sweet for my tastes.

Goblin squirt.

This was everything I hoped it would be: light and airy and perfect for spring. Cherry blossom with a hint of green tea underscored by sake. It makes me want to watch Memoirs of a Geisha over and over... the scent makes me think of the final scene. :) Perfect.

Browsing the Trading Post, I stumbled across Okiya. I myself don't tend to go for flower scents, but my best friend is a huge geek for all things Japanese, and the listed combination sounded perfect for her. So I decided, as a late birthday/early graduation gift, I ordered a goblin squirt.

When it arrived, it alarmed me that such a tiny thing cost me 10 dollars. Determined to make sure I hadn't purchased a dud for my friend, I tested a single squirt on a handkerchief I use to wrap up my tarot cards. Imediatly I got hit with the sweetest flower scent I've ever encounter, underscored with something very boozy that made me pleasantly light headed that I definitely recognized as potent sake . There were also crisp notes that I imagine is the green tea.

24 hours later and sniffing it still gives me something, though its mellowed out to a mature feminine fragrance that I find quite comforting.

I think she'll really like it.

Got a goblin squirt with an ebay purchase and maaaann was I psyched. I'm a fool for sake smells. The creamy boozy rice thing gets me every time. When I sprayed this I walked through it a little too fast..it accidentally stuck to my face. Particularly the nose part. Yes, that was me wandering around Belfast, with a stupid grin, stinking wonderfully of cherry blossoms and sake.

Smells amazing. The boy agreed and had me spritzing it all over the living room.

Okiya has a soft,sweet, clean smell. Not freashly cleaned clean, but pretty spring day clean. I loved this!

Target of spraying: My curtains

First spritz: A very bright green scent, floral and peppery. I immediately think "Springtime : D" when I smell it - which is very nice indeed.

It's a sweet, light floral note in here, and it all goes well together!

After half an hour: Still very green and bright.

The Cherry blossmoms are dancing around with the pepper, celebrating the arrival of springtime in my head.

Very fresh and clean smelling!

This one will fit our kitchen during spring! Mostly because our kitchen during spring/summer is decorated in every colour of the rainbow and flamingos.00000288.gif

Okiya would make it very fresh and help brighten up the room even more!

Edited by Missy_killer

Green tea dominant. The sake makes it smell a little fermented. The cherry blossom is pleasant and very understated. Really, this is all about the green tea and I’m calling it a win.

I normally don't go for fresh scents or would pick this one, but I got a free sample of it in a swap. It's very linen type fresh and reminds me of a green tea spray I have by Healing Garden except it has a bit of booze and cherry blossom in it, where the HG is mainly green tea. I like it, but my floor didn't. It reacts to fake wooden floor badly, like it won't come off the floor and had added a strange mark to it...it's probably only my floor. That is why I tend to not use these blends, unless it is on a carpet.

A while after I sprayed it, it reminded me of fresh scented shampoo. I can't place the brand. It reminds me of a "green" smelling shampoo.

I would say if you like fresh, "rain" or green tea sprays, this one would be a winner for you.

Edited by surf-tormented

Got in a swap and made me had to order from BPTP - though I didn't order this one, cause I wanted to test other things while at it - sort of regretting that now - it is awesome - like everyone else has said, it is all clean and uplifting and fresh.

For me, it's more like...yes, I guess that's - it an "atmosphere" rather than a pinpointable scent once used - it just makes everything prettier <3