Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

Invasion of the Flesh-Eating Reindeer from Uranus

Trampled gingerbread cookies, scattered rum balls, and indestructible, rock-hard fruitcake and a gargantuan squirt of musk.

Invasion of the Flesh Eating Reindeer from Uranus

In the imp: gingerbread, but also some musk! Mmm!
Wet on skin: now it sweetens as the fruitcake and rum notes come out.
Dry on skin: this is gorgeous. Now I can really smell the fruity boozy smell of Christmas cake soaked in rum, mixed with proper home made gingerbread made with fresh ginger, and over it all is that wonderful musk. The musk soothes and tames the spices and intensely sugary notes. It’s the same musk as Reindeer Poop and possibly the same musk as Ivanushka and Buck Moon, the fuzzy deer musk which smells like warm fur, cosy and sexy at the same time. But unlike Reindeer Poop, this doesn’t turn all sharp on me. Naturally, this scent also reminds me of Shub, because of that sexy ginger with a hint of spicy musk/incense aspect, but this is a lot softer than Shub.
After a while: the scent seems to change from spicy musk with smokiness (reminiscent of Devil’s Night) to a dry gingerbread, then to a fruitcake scent, and back again to musk. It’s really delightful. the gingerbread does seem to go a tiny bit burnt-smelling like in GP05, but in here I like it-it’s a smoky gingerbread. The musk seems to keep the foody notes under control. I don’t smell caramel amping up or overwhelming treacle.
The scent then stabilises into a balanced blend of gingerbread and musk with creamy vanilla.
Verdict: a delightful fusion of Shub and Gingerbread Poppet, with added hints of Fruitcake and Reindeer Poop. And then some. This is probably my favourite ginger scent! It’s got lots of gourmand elements in it but I think the musk and even the ginger help to stop the foody notes from overwhelming. This smells initially like very spicy gingerbread with a sexy musk undertone, but then moves into fruitcake and spiced vanilla, but still keeps that ginger and musk background. At times it is indulgent, at times sexy, at times a little mischievous, but always smells cosy and warm and inviting, never cloying or sickeningly sweet. This is the perfect Yuletide fragrance…and it’s got one of the best perfume names ever, so how could I not fall for this scent?
Emoticon rating: :P
Is it a keeper? Oh yes. maybe even backup-worthy.
If you like this, try: Shub Niggurath, Gingerbread Poppet, Saw Scaled Viper, Ivanushka, Devil’s Night, Reindeer Poop (if you can get it!), Fruitcake (ditto!)

Whoa spicy! This one is much more foodie in the bottle than it is when I put it on. In the bottle, it is sweet gingerbread baking in the oven with a huge tray of rum balls nearby. On my skin, I get pepper. Yes, lots and lots of pepper. Like black pepper. Or maybe it's the 'burnt' gingerbread smell that some others are getting. Whatever it is, it is really really strong. I'm not sure where the sweet bakery scents have gone to but they sure have gone. It takes close to an hour and a half on my skin to become less peppery and finally starts to turn into a warm gently spiced rum and musk scent. I'm hoping this will mellow out a bit and give me the same yumminess on my skin that I get in the bottle.

Mm, spicy gingerbread. And musk. Unsurprisingly I think of Shub-Niggurath...

But upon more careful sniffing, this is less foody than I predicted. It's mostly the spice (lotsa spice) and the impression of gingerbread, and not too buttery, which makes it easier for me to actually wear it! :D Cause for rejoicing? I think so.

Gets more musky and fuzzy as it dries. :D I might be getting some of the rum? Some very subtle fruitiness comes out too. It has a rather dark feeling to it, almost verging on smoky.

Gah. :P Waffling over backups because this is great stuff!

Wet, this is WHOA, in your face ginger and clove, with a touch of rum and something sinister, which I'm guessing is the musk. This quickly dries, and the rum and musk disappear, poof, and the rest of it tames down. I wish the rum and musk stuck around awhile, maybe with time it will? This is very much like Gingerbread Poppet to me, in fact a tamer version, at least GP sticks with me all day, this is gone in a couple of hours. :P

By far my new favroite christmas scent! This one all of the different components come out on me! I smell like musky booze drenched fruitcake! I can't stop using exclamation points I like this so much!!!!

Flesh eating reindeer beats gingerbread poppet to a pulp.

hahhaha!

Definitely a spicy gingerbread cookie with hints of rum and musk. It is an adult's gingerbread, which makes me love it even more. Not too sweet, with loads of spice, fruit and booze. What more could you ask for?

In the bottle this smells like gingerbread. Good gingerbread but gingerbread none the less. Wet the rum and fruitcake come out and yum. On drydown the musk makes its first appearance and takes away mch of the foody scent to make it much more wearable. I like this alot.

In the bottle: Spice cake--I detect a lot of ginger but the fruitcake is very prominent.

Wet on skin: Gingered fruitcake--ginger, sugar, allspice and rum (which isn't smelling very alcoholic to my nose)

Dry on skin: The musk appears and the blend becomes less foody.

Very appropriate for the season, although I think it would be spicier without the musk. Very yummy and longlasting on me.

In the bottle:Warm, dark gingerbread taken out at just the right time.

Wet: I can smell it all: gingerbread, cookies, christmas cake, rum balls so hard they could take an eye out. The musk darkens it all beautifully.

Dry:Christmas cake fed hourly with ginger wine, distilled with a shot of pheromones. It is foreboding and delicious and just right. The smell of the witch's gingerbread house in Hansel and Gretel.

A good while later:Still dark, sweet and complex but subdued now. The musk remains, making it a very sexy lady perfume.

I like all the stages of this. I love the ginger/bread scents of Shub and Gingerbread Poppet and will wear this when I want to smell less of food, more of sexiness. And I can't wait till someone asks what I'm wearing. Especially as, since I get tired very easily when I talk, I'll probably just say, 'Uranus'.

In the bottle -> Spicy, gingerbready goodness :yum: Positively nom-a-licious.

Wet-> My spicy gingerbread is bravely fighting for it's life against the musk! Go gingerbready goodness, go!

After a while -> *sniffle* The musk won... :cry2:

In the imp: Molasses-y carrot cake with cream cheese frosting.

Fresh on the skin: Spice cake with cream cheese frosting, with a definite ginger component. The cookies and fruitcake threaten to go icky on me the way a lot of cake scents seem to, but the spice and rum and dryness somehow balance it out, and the musk is helping it all blend beautifully. I'm really liking this!

10 minutes later: There's something a little creepy under the dark ginger-spice scent. I mostly like this, but it's a little... odd.

30 minutes later: Evil gingerbread.

1.5 hours later: Warm-soft-tempting gingerbread, but definitely with serious underlying evil. I'm not sure how often I'd wear it, but I do like it.

2 hours later: It's gaining evil along with a little vanilla. It's the cake starting to come through, which is somewhat unfortunate, given what my skin chemistry seems to do to cake.

4 hours later: Faded vanilla cake.

6 hours later: Warm spicy vanilla, mmmmm.

Verdict: I have mixed feelings about this. As long as the cake stays far in the background, I'm pretty happy with it. I'll probably try it again and keep the imp, though I doubt I'll try for a bottle.

One phrase: evil gingerbread cake.

I had really high hopes for this scent. I love the smell of gingerbread, I loved the frimp of Fruitcake I got from the Lab last Yule season, and I'm okay with rum as long as it doesn't take over. My only fear was the musk, as I was concerned that it might be too animalic (civety red or dirty-powder black). I needn't have worried.

The first time I tried this, it was merely okay. I left it alone for a week or two and then had the urge to try it again last night before bed--having slathered on Villainess Embargo, I wanted something suitably spicy to accompany it. And did I ever get my wish! :thud: Wet, this is deliciously cakey, a rich, dark spice cake overflowing with fruit. As it dries, it smells more like spiced fruits with just enough cake to hold it all together. Then the musk moves in, and it's one of my favorite types of BPAL musk, that soft, downy, furry musk. It reminds me of the musk in Coyote more than any of the other fluffy, furry blends.

It sounds like an odd combination, I know, but it works beautifully and is a very cozy scent. Also, very addictive. I think I fell asleep sniffing my wrist. Gorgeous scent, I'm so glad I got a bottle!

This really isn't the sort of scent I'd usually go after, since I'm not big on foodiness, so usually when you start mentioning cake and cookies in a scent description I lose interest pretty quickly. But I just had to try at least one of the B-movie scents, at least for the fabulous titles if nothing else. And the reviews of this one emphasized spicy and musky at least as much as foody, so I figured there was potential here...

And oh yes, there is. While it's certainly got some of that fake-buttery note I dislike in the foody scents, especially when freshly applied, there's also a whole lot of spice, and a real edge of darkness to it too. And the more it settles into my skin, the more the foody/buttery aspect diminishes and the musk comes out. Within about 5-10 minutes, it really doesn't smell foody at all any more

I can definitely see why a few people compared it to Shub - there definitely is a resemblance. Also a touch of Three Witches, and a passing similarity to Centzon Totochtin. And maybe just a little Priala... Maybe some kind of strange mutant lovechild of all four of those scents. Anyway, it smells damn good on me! It's a yummy-but-not-quite-foody, warm, dark spicy scent, with a strong edge of ginger, pepper and clove, a touch of booze, a warm, dark musky undercurrent, and a slight trace of smokiness.

All in all, I like it much more than I thought I would. I am half-tempted to go in search of a bottle...

Grade: B+/A-

in the bottle gingerbreadsawscaleviperpoppet

wet on skin hm, more perfume-y than GP and SSV. there's a sweet booziness here that's translating into cheap cologne. oddly, i sort of like it.

dry on skin this would make a fantastic soap, but i'm not sure about it as a perfume. i love the ginger rumminess, but there's something else going on here that's not quite right. this was frozen in transit, though, so i'll let it rest for a few days and try again.

Edited by ravenfeathers

Mmm. Gingerbread cookies with an extra jolt of sugar. This fades on my skin into a faint vanilla cake smell though. I wish it had a longer life span. SAD.

It's very like BUTTER RUM COOKIES when it goes on, with the rum and the ginger. After a couple of minutes the spice is gone and i'm left in a haze of smoke. I totally get the rampage of the flesh-eating raindeer though lol. Yay for the art! And it's not bad. I think i'll do a roller bottle on this one but no bottle. After all i'm not that into food scents.

In the bottle this is rum and gingersnap cookies. The rum is very apparent and quite alcoholic smelling.

Once it gets on my skin the rum calms down and the ginger cookies come to the forefront. They're very specifically gingersnap cookies. It doesn't have that bready or cakey smell... the kind of cookie I had when I was little that had a hard gingerbread base with the sugar sprinkles on top...

As it's drying I can smell the musk working it's way to the top and that's cool with me... I'm loving this scent!! :yum: Yummy and just a little strange all at once!

I love it! :wub2:

I have to agree with the post above. Wet, it starts out gingerbready with alot of butter rum. I fear the alcohol from the butter rum.

Then the butter rum starts to quiet down and the gingerbread comes forward with something strange and unfamiliar, and puts the alcohol to rest. Can't really pick out the note but maybe it's the musk coming through. Not sure if I detect fruitcake, but perhaps it's all blended together so well it's difficult to separate the notes. It becomes soft gingerbread, musky with something else. Not foody at all to me. Seems rather light and not sure how long it will last. It's been hours and if I smell my wrist there's a lovely, non plasticy vanilla left on my wrist.

A strange scent that I seem to like and probably will keep. I bet this will age wonderfully.

BTW. totally different that GP on drydown. Less foody and softer.

Okay, first review here.

I think I quite like this scent. I'm a fan of foody smells, but not overly sweet ones (generally) and this fits the bill. I LOVE Gingerbread Poppet and Flesh EAting Reindeer to me is a spier, slightly aloholic version of GP.

In the bottle is smells like a spicy fruitcake.

While its wet on my skin I get this incredibly spicy gingerbread sent- like a super yummy warm spicecake and ginger deal. After a few minutes the spice comes out a bit more and gingerbread tones down and then... yes, here come the rum; but not too much of it. Just enough to add a little dimension and peek out every now and then from the background.

This really reminds me of holidays back at home; it's that general smell of warm, holiday baked goods and mulled rum cider in a warm cozy kitchen. I wouldn't have thought Flesh Eating Reindeers could be so warm and heartening. :lol: The DH says it smells like "hot pumpkin spice".

This is going to be a perfect scent for holiday/winter time or whenever I need a bit of comfort but I'm going to need a fewe more applications to know if I want to track down a second bottle (or two).

Goes on very gingery - has a foody quality, but not in a really sugary sweet way on me. Smells like a big chunk of ginger cake.

Love the way it smells in the bottle.

Love the way it smells in my hair.

:( Hate the way it smells on my skin :(

In the bottle and my hair, the scent reminds me of a Gingerbread Milkshake from RedRobin. YUM! YUM! YUM! I am buying myself an aromatherapy locket JUST for this scent. I can't flip/shake/ruffle/play with my hair enough when it's in my hair. :)

This was very spicy on me. Pretty much all ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg, I think, which is the way most of the Tiki scents dried on me too. Perhaps I amp these notes to the exclusion of everything else? Luckily I enjoy this scent very much!

bottle: gingerbread with a nice, musky background.

wet: this smells a lot more like fruitcake with gingerbread when applied. the musk is still a backnote. not really getting much rum, but i suspect that's because these scents are blending so well together i just can't pick it out of the lineup.

dry: this dries to a very spicy, gingery musk. i absolutely love this blend.

(edited for spelling idiocy)

Edited by hkhm

Wet on me: It's a musky gingerbread cookie! I like this a lot more than I expected to. I think the name had me expecting the scent to be...not so nice, because really, who thinks a flesh-eating reindeer smells good?

As it dries, I can detect pretty much all of the notes, but this is REALLY well-blended. It's quite spicy and musky without being foody. It just gets spicier and spicier as it dries, but unlike most spicy scents, it's not CINNAMON. It's definitely got a Christmas vibe to it as well. I think I'll bust out this decant for any fun Christmas parties I attend in the future.