Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
RaeiNarcissus

Invasion of the Flesh-Eating Reindeer from Uranus

INVASION OF THE FLESH-EATING REINDEER FROM URANUS
Trampled gingerbread cookies, scattered rum balls, and indestructible, rock-hard fruitcake and a gargantuan squirt of musk.

In the bottle - it's really yummy smelling, very bakery sweet.

Wet - gingerbread cookies galore. Sort and nice and yummy.

Dry. The gingerbread cookies last alone before I start getting a almost smoky scent creeping in, probably that gigantic squirt of musk. Its now kinda odd, very..... reindeer form another planet ish. :P

I'm always drawn to ginger and gingerbread scents, though they hardly ever work out on my skin for one reason or another - fake gingerbread, too much cinnamon, plasticky, too sweet,blah, blah.. Flesh Eating Reindeer for the WIN! This is my quintessential holiday scent from now on, so I'll have to make my bottle stretch.

Wet, in the bottle, it smells like an interesting gingery musk blend, slightly sharp and a little on the dark side. On me, it turns into a beautifully grownup *true* soft gingerbread, with a nibble of fruitcake and hints of rum and musk. The last two notes are what make this so wearable as a scent for me, instead of just smelling like food. Truly gorgeous. :P

I really love this scent. Wet it comes off a bit strong, almost like it has a lemon element, but it quickly dries down to a nice, warm gingerbread/ rum fruit cake . It's a great holiday fragrance. If you are a "foody", you need to try this one.

I don't get much sense of the musk myself, so if you are worried about that, I wouldn't be. My only complaint is that on me it fades a bit quicker than I would like.

In the bottle: Ginger and rum. A little bit of musk.

On me: Wow. Once it hits the skin it turns into this sexy gingerbread scent. I love this. It's foody without being overly foody.

Wet, in the bottle, it smells like an interesting gingery musk blend, slightly sharp and a little on the dark side. On me, it turns into a beautifully grownup *true* soft gingerbread, with a nibble of fruitcake and hints of rum and musk. The last two notes are what make this so wearable as a scent for me, instead of just smelling like food. Truly gorgeous. :P

I couldn't say it better. This is the scent for people who normally can't do foody, spicy scents or who don't want to smell like straight up gingerbread.

I never knew a flesh eating reindeer from uranus could smell so sexy! :D

This is spicy and sexy and wonderful. I don't get much fruitcake, just spicy gingerbread and smooth intoxicating rum. The musk I think serves to strengthen the scent and make it more grown-up. Like an adult version of Gingerbread Poppet. LOVE this!

Well the Reindeer reminds me of Gingerbread Poppit with a kick. I did not like GP but the Reindeer from Uranus is pretty darn good. It's a keeper, for now anyway.

(All three of the DD 's that I bought remind me of other blends by BPAL but with a added kick).

In bottle: rummy fruitcake

On skin: booze-soaked fruit & cake. I love the boozy blends! :P

Half-hour later: Shub-like ginger and mellow spice heats up

In conclusion: I was unsure whether to order this one or not, as I'm not a fan of the overly-foody blends. Like others have already said, however, this is a grown-up version of plain ol' boring gingerbread. This is quickly turning into a favorite!

Gingerbread that keeps threatening to go soapy (I know it's just the ginger itself, though). If you loved Gingerbread Poppet and wish you could buy some this year, pick this up instead, 'cause you'll probably like it just as much.

Oh this is so perfect. It's my favorite of the new pulp horror scents.

In the bottle: A delicious, slightly more subdued Gingerbread Poppet.

Wet on skin: Less spicy than GC, but still has that delish baked goods scent. It's a bit creamier too. I love it and can not stop sniffin my wrist.

Drydown: Remember those fruitcake imps from last year? This is that. It mimics the drydown from fruitcake, but less bright and sparkly. Like fruitcake mixed with fresh-baked cookies. I still can not stop sniffing my wrist. It's sweet enough that my bf will like it too. He doesn't normally like too boozy scents, but this isn't really boozy like I thought it might be. It's sweet and yummy and sexy at the same time. You could totally seduce someone wearing this.

Overall: Love!! My new favorite winter scent. Perfect and cozy and delicious and sexy.

INVASION OF THE FLESH-EATING REINDEER FROM URANUS -

Wet: Spiced gingerbread, cookie crumbs, wet, laced with booze spongy fruitcake with tinniest hint of canned cherries..

Dry: Drier, dusty-musk appear and wrapped itself over the saucy cookie.

Verdict: Delicious, it's a light spiced cookie without any cinnamon-ish overkill..The gingerbread and fruitcake balance each other well. The mood is very festive.

This is the spice of Gingerbread Poppet with a little fruit and rum and extra spice in the background, and wrapped in a warm, fuzzy musk that keeps it from going too foody. I absolutely adore this scent!

In bottle: Gingerbread and rum on top, though the rest is discernable. It is very cakey. Wet: The Clove really comes out along with the candied fruit when warmed by skin. The result is a rich cakey blend, much as promised in the description. It gets sweeter and lighter and spicier as it wears. Dry: Powdery, though still cake sweet with a hint of spice.

Rum! Oh yum, this is the same rum from Mr. Nancy and Butter Rum Cookie. But instead of the sugary sweetness of BRC, there is lovely spice and a darker bakery type scent. I don't get much fruit. It's wonderful, warm, slightly sexy, spicy booze. It's like a warm sweater on a cold day - but one of those ones with a big keyhole showing cleavage. A total winner.

ETA: After a while, it faded to a lightly spiced, slightly musky, totally yummy vanilla. Nom nom nom.

Edited by Leezer

I admit that I have a strong dislike for musk. So much so that I almost passed this by despite reviews. But I figured what the hell, and am SO glad I did.

This is delicious! Gingerbread-y without too much cinnamon, heady and sexy but not too HELLO, MUSK-y, a bit boozy and foody without the Oh, You Smell Like FOOD! factor.

Shockingly lovely!

In the Bottle: Rummy, spicy gingerbread. The musk just creams it all together I think.

Wet: Really foodie ginger.. like gingerbread and eggnog. There's a bit of cloves and orange here too I think. Smells like delicious molasses cookies.

Dry: I'm not a huge ginger fan, so while I really like this I'm not sure I'll get another bottle. It is a very comfortable scent, but quite foodie. Good for the holidays, and I will be wearing it around Christmas for sure, not sure it's going to get as much wear the rest of the year though

Edited by MCS4096

In the bottle this smelled like sinister gingerbread cookies, and my friend who was with me pronounced it "super Christmassy". On me it smells a bit like bitter herbs and spices, not too gingerbread-y. The musk is definitely taking a front seat to the trampled gingerbread.

Invasion of the Flesh-Eating Reindeer from Uranus

Holy spiced gingerbread, Batman! I couldn't stop sniffing my arm -- I barely controlled myself enough not to lick my wrist -- until that "gargantuan squirt of musk" popped out. *cough*hack*wheeze*

No. :P

This is a very old-school, cakey gingerbread. I smell rum and candied fruits and just a weeeeeeeeee bit of musk in here too. This much less spicy than the likes of Gingerbread Poppet, which means I may be able to wear this without my skin crying for mercy. Great throw, nice and strong--this is delicious!

Wet this is very buttery cake batter mixed with some spicy baking notes like clove, ginger and nutmeg. There's some almond too. When first on this is very fruity fruitcake and boozy almond. The spices are in the background. This softens quite a bit after a few minutes and it has a sort of plastic note :D It's reminding me of the sweet cream/dust note combination in Midway. Darn. This started out very similar to the Lab's Fruitcake but it has changed into something much less enjoyable to me. It's pretty faint too. On the dry down this is actually really nice! It's a soft ginger, spice and musk blend. I don't think I can handle the plastic stage unfortunately. I prefer Fruitcake and Shub over this one. I love the name and concept though :P

In the bottle, all I can smell is a soft gingerbread spice. It's a delicious, comforting smell.

On my skin at first, it’s like lemon cookies, gingerbread cookies, and a warm, fuzzy musk. It reminds me of Cerberus, and I was pretty happy about this opening stage.

Unfortunately, the drydown of the Flesh Eating Reindeer really sucks on me. It turns bland and dry, like the perfume equivalent of those brown, bone shaped dog biscuits, with just a hint of sharp ginger and perfuminess.

I’m not a fan, and my boy hated this scent (of course, he only smelled it after it had been on my skin for about 10 minutes). I might try to put this in a scent locket or burn it in an oil warmer, though, because I like the way it smells in the bottle...

I Love This..

Definate gingerbread but it's more like the taste or a not quite cooked cookie as you bite into it, not that crisp baked smell. The musk also makes it smell 'gooey' and is almost a softer blackish musk, my favourite! Not animalistic musk like civet but still dark and strong. The spicey fruit edge to it is delicious and just makes it better. Rum note doesn't go too sharp either so it's perfect. Wish i would have got another bottle :P

Who knew that having my flesh eaten would be so wonderful? :P This is exactly what I had hoped Gingerbread Poppet would be- if GP had about fifty years to age, I think it might turn into this. I don't really get the rum, but that's fine because it's perfect how it is! The spices are warm and cozy.

Yes, it is a foody paradise, like it was written before. It`s cakey in the bottle, a river of rum and fruitcake wet and in the drydown it passes from the gingerbread phase to the sexy musk one! Only one bottle will not be enough :P

this is GREAT. on me it's mostly musk, a LOT of musk, with a side of gingerbread spice. it is NOT foody at all. it's quite sexy. the musk is a bit sharp, but i think this ill mellow beautifully. i definitely need a second bottle of this one.