Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A dusky, yet effervescent mix of pomegranate and black currant candies, with a dusting of sugared pear and white apple.

In the vial: Sugar, apple, something tart. But mostly sugar.

Wet: Definitely sugary fruit, but high quality sugared dried fruit rather than Hallowe'en candy.

Twenty minutes: It's gone flatter now, like fruit paste rather than sugared dried fruit. More dark, too, maybe that's actually the currant.

Three and a half hours: Still red fruit paste. Pleasant, better than I expected actually given how little I work with sugar notes, but I don't need to keep it.

Six and a half hours: Sugar note has gone, now it's mostly pomegranate. That's very pleasant, it smells like dried pomegranate juice on my skin. But I still think I'll trade this one.

IN BOTTLE: I smell the pomigranite, currnets , sugared pears and apples. It smells very fruity and sweet.

WET: The pomigranite and currents are very noticable, and almost drowned out the pear and apple. However, the suger stands out quite a bit.

DRY DOWN: They blend together quite evenly, but the apple seems to be the most noticable besides the sugar.

OVER ALL: This sent is very sweet and sugery, like liquid diabetes. It is nice though, and if you liked Pink Phoenix, then you would probably like this Phoenix as well.

It smells like sweet hard and powdery fruity candies and it does smell effervescent.

I love this. It took a while, and I was a little underwhelmed by it at first, but with a bit of aging it's become one of my favourites. When I first got it it reminded me of Lush's Angel's Delight soap, not Rock Star as a lot of people have said. It's very sweet and pink smelling, but there's something very clean about it too. It isn't cloying. I'd say it's more along the lines of Bloody Mary - fresh fruit and white sugar - than something like Sticky Pillowcase, which is heavier and more caramelised to my nose.

Imp: NOM NOM CANDIED FRUITS.

Wet: Insanely delicious. Apple, pear, and the special tartness of pomegrante

Drydown: Okay for serious my mouth is *watering.* Sweet and tart with no powder to be found. Deep red, tart fruit

Overall: WANT BOTTLE

this is such a fun, syrupy blend! i was a little worried that the sweetness would be too cloying, but really, i shouldn't have. despite its rather flippant name, this isn't a plasticky, sickly sweet scent. it's bright, cheerful and vibrant and a joy to wear.

in imp:

ohhhh this is so sweet! i'm actually getting the currants that went missing on me in "eat me". what a yummy scent.

wet:

pomegranate mixed with currants, lightened by a happy dash of sugar! i'm not really getting the pear and apple though, which is sad, but i'm loving the fruitiness so far. it's sweet, but not headache-inducing like how escada perfumes are on me. there is something tempering this sweetness.

drydown:

this shall henceforth be one of my happy blends! i love how despite its sweetness, there is a light sophistry to it as well which prevents it from going all silly bubblegum candy pop. it reminds me of a woman-child who laughs her way through life but still takes herself seriously. such a flirty scent, i wore this to a movie date and my fiance couldn't help stealing sniffs at me.

verdict:

i'll be loving and using my imp! and maybe one day i'll get a bottle. i think i've come to realize that i love fruity scents. :wub2: candy phoenix makes me happy!

Oh GOD, how can this be so bad? It sounds so sweet and harmless...

Candy Phoenix is a nightmare of artificial grape flavoring, really old, sun-baked gum, and sour powder. Not the slightest trace of apple or sugar. When I smelled it in the vial, it almost hurt, so I immediately recapped it. But the smell was burned into the lining of my sinuses or something, because I keep smelling it. It's been ten minutes since I tested it, and the memory of the scent is almost ruining my lunch. Eugh.

I think I just have a serious problem with black currant. Sigh.

Edited by Aldercy

Hmm, not bad. I'm not normally a big food/sweet scent person, but I got this as a frimp, so I had to try it!

Candy Phoenix goes on very sweet and sugary. I don't really notice any particular fruits in it, there was just a general scent of red berries and sugar. As the scent wears down, there's an underlying creaminess that's reminiscent of Beaver Moon.

Wow, ok, this really reminds me of Beaver Moon the more I wear it. I like it more though, it doesn't have the artificial tinge that Beaver Moon had going on me. It's not really my thing, but it smells quite nice. I'll definitely wear it, but I won't beat myself up for not having a bottle :D

Edit to mention that it has grown on me. I need a bottle now! (Yeah, gl with that.. )

Edited by Kohimame

I've been really looking forward to trying this one.

In the bottle: Pear drops and blackcurrant

Wet: Fruity, sweet and refreshing. I'm mostly getting the pear and pomegranate coming through.

Dry: Pear drops and pomegranate. It's kind of fizzy smelling. Lasted really well too.

Very pleased I got this. I kept sniffing my wrist all day

Bottle: Black currant up first with pomegranate not far behind. Definitely getting some of that sugary candy smell. No pear or apple.

Wet: This acquires a slightly plastic dustiness. There is also a scent not dissimilar to the sugared note from Hope and Faith. The black currant is almost aggressively black curranty. I smell like jam.

Dry: I think I just don't like the scent of black currant. This smells true to scent but the black currant is too aggressive and just doesn't do it for me. There's nothing wrong with the scent, it's just not to my taste.

Throw: Moderate.

Overall: If you like black currant, have I got the scent for you!

OH YUM!

This is delicious! I am not a foody person at all, but I love the right sugary mix. I can’t do burnt sugars or caramel at all, but this mix of super yummy and fruity pop rocks makes me a happy girl. I can see now how this can be “effervescent”! It’s like sucking on a fruity flavored sucker! Loveeeeee it!

Bottle: artificially flavoured candies.

Wet on Skin: oooh, it’s pomegranate juice and black currant juice candies! Not so artificial anymore mmmm.

Drydown:Very sugarey pear and apple to support the dominant tart dark berry juice. Deliciousss! A better version of Pink Phoenix imo :lovestruck:

Candy Phoenix is one of my favorites - I can't believe I'd neglected to review it!

When I wear Candy Phoenix, it's hard to pick out one fruit. The scent overall has a sort of magenta feel to it. It's also quite sugary, but not overwhelmingly so. One of my coworkers thought it smelled just like Dr. Pepper.

It's a very sweet, candyish scent, but it doesn't feel silly or like it's meant for a little girl. I love it!

Sweet, fruity, candy. I love this one, it's very bright and fresh smelling.

Oh, this is nicer than I expected! It does smell quite a bit to me like SweeTarts? Smarties (the American ones, not the chocolate ones), at least at first. Now it smells very fruity... mangoes? A little bit tart. Refreshing and sweet! I think this will be very nice to wear on a very hot day.

I remembered this being crushed sweet tarts and zealously hoarded it. However, now it gets this strange plasticky funk on drydown. Sad skin chemistry fail.

In the imp, dusky is SPOT ON! It's a wafting and mysterious bunch of candied berries with a slight jolt of sugar.

Wet on my skin, this turns to LUSH's snow fairy on my skin! It's my absolute favorite bath and shower gel. So this works wonders for me :) It even has that soapy clean undercurrent, which I looooove.

Drying down, melting into my skin of death and doomination! My skin just swallows this whole. Which is horribly disapointing. I LOVED it wet. Why can't it stay that way? It's still gorgeous, but it's just so faint. Perhaps if I slather ALL over it will stay? Or perhaps this is one for the scent locket.

I smelt no apple whatsoever at any point in testing this scent. Which is a huge yay for me because synthetic apple in any way shape or form makes me headachey and sick...

Blech! The sweet candy smell is so nauseating that I can't even bring myself to put it on my skin. Having a teeny bit on my finger was bad enough. Definitely off to the swap pile! :ack:

Scent: A tribute to synthetic candy goodness.

On my skin: Candy with a hint of strawberry with a great staying powder. The candy lasts on me and makes me so happy.

Which scent it reminds me of:

LUSH´Snow fairy but the LAB creates it naturally.

I am not a chocolate -perfume lover, which they create more versions of. I do like cake scents though.

This scent has no scent which reminds of it - making it a very unique blend.

Bottle: First whiff brings up candy sugar, second whiff has a sharp punctuation of the pomegranate and currant.

Wet: Blackcurrant pastilles. I want some candy now...

Drydown: Blackcurrant pastilles. Nom nom nom...

Dry: Blackcurrant pastilles with a lovely throw. Slight plastic quality, but still very nice.

Would I ever wear this? Maybe.

My rating: 4/5

In the vial – Black currant, pear and a lot of straight-up sugar. Smells like one of those fruity/floral candies from Japan or something.

On the skin – Sugary pear, apple and currant. A bit tart.

Dry – Sharp, dry fruit. A bit too tangy/effervescent for my taste.

Mmmm... delicious. It smells like hard sour candy, but not like any particular one I've had before... probably because I haven't had pomegrante flavored sour hard candy. I am loving this so hard.

Good for wearing: to a fun late night dance party!

Wow...really pretty and yummy smelling. It's tart but sweet. I can pick out the currant, pear and sugar. Nice throw, kept getting wafts of it all day and it was divine.

Edited by Antoinette

This smells so much like Lush's Rockstar. It's sweet and creamy all in one, but not super foody either. I love this, and now want to run out and buy a huge block of Rockstar to go with this.