Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
scotchgrrl

Independent

Gift with purchase of the forum-only Election 2008 scents. No description available.

This is fizzy lemon/lime soda on my skin as well. It might just be the fizzy quality of this, but it also seems a little boozy to me.

Edited by Shollin

Independent - Champagne! I love BPAL's champagne scents and this one is awesome! It's an effervescent, sweet champagne with a touch of citrus, kind of like a mimosa that's heavy on the champagne and light on the OJ. Oh, it's sweet, juicy, fizzy love. I tried it at a MnS and have never owned any myself. I wish I had some to wear right now!

Astringent, biting and effervescent. Yuzu and lemon-lime soda hit by lightning and served in a white metal beaker. A real jolt.

I LOVE how metaphorical these scents are...

Got a frimp of this at the WCWC's Halloween event! Squee!

I agree with the other reviewers that get a fizzy lemon-lime scent-maybe with a squeeze of orange in there as well when I sniff it from the imp. A bubbly citrus scent!

Yep-fizzy lemon-lime-(orange?) scent-sweet and bubbly. Maybe, ginger ale underneath? There is a sort of weird note underlying this...hard to describe. I don't know what it is...but it's weird and off-putting. The longer this is on my skin, the more I lose that bright fresh citrusy goodness and get the weird underlying note of something...I just don't know how to describe it (maybe something ozoney?).

This blend ended up being a disappointment for me. It really smells great and fizzy and yay in the imp, but went weird on my skin, and then disappeared really quickly into a generic sweetish scent.

Edited by Suu4LC

received as a frimp from the Lab -

Okay, this is totally cola! That's pretty American if you ask me - it morphs to a very lemony cola...this would be a nice air freshner or soap!

I wont be wearing it as a perfume. It makes me thristy!!

Just received this as a frimp and there is definitely a lemon-fizz thing going on here. On my skin, it smells like Lemonheads, kind of a fake lemon scent, but oddly not off-putting. Anyway, that's pretty much all I got from this. A neat scent, but not something I would really wear. Glad I was able to sniff it though. :)

got a frimp of this in my BPTP lupercalia order, i was surprised by that! anyway, it's fizzy lemon. light and effervescent. it smells exactly like something else, which i can't put my finger on. but it really reminds me of a lemony soda or sprite/7-up. OH i just realized what it is! it smells exactly like those airbonrne immunity-boosting tablets to me. fizzy lemon and grapefruit.

In bottle: Wow, that’s a lot of champagne. It’s got some citrus too, so maybe champagne and oranges? It certainly smells like celebration, effervescent, sparkly, upbeat, and sunny. It’s lovely, but my skin it terrible with champagne notes, so I’m not skin testing.

In the Imp (ITI): I’m pretty certain this is lemon champagne. It has the same fizziness as some of the champagne scents I’ve sniffed. I’ve read other reviews that connect the fizziness to soda, which could be the case, but I’ve never smelled a BPAL soda-based scent before. Nevertheless, it’s sweet lemonaid with bits of lemon rind with a light and airy twist.

Wet: Independent stays pretty true ITI on my wrist, although my skin tends to amp the champagne aspect. I also sense a bit of lime here in addition to the lemon. Interesting yet effervescent.

Dry: The lemon went through a cleaner-scented phrase during the dry-down, but now it’s a bit softer, although there is still a hint of cleaner and something like baby powder. Hmm, this is a meh for me.

Other Impressions: My husband thought it smelled like soap, specifically lemon-scented dish soap. While he didn’t like it, my youngest cat was ridiculously interested in the scent, trying to lick my wrists at any opportunity

This came as a frimp from a lab order.

In the imp I was already concerned. Very lemon Pledge-y, a heavy furniture polish lemon, almost a little rancid. I tried it anyway because I've learned what's in the imp is rarely what happens on the skin.

Wet, it's like lemon Pledge and lemon Dawn had a baby. Really, really nasty.

Dry, this impression only intensified to headache inducing proportions. I had to wash this off. I don't know if it's just that citrus oils don't age that well or what, but dnw. Ugh.

Imp: Tangy. Gin-citrus fizz

Skin initial: CLEAN fizz. Based on other reviews people are calling this lemon .... I guess. It's NOT lemon-sticky-bat lemon, or any lemon I'd like to call it. It's citrus for sure. But it just smells too... clean. Lime, lemon, citronella. I dunno.

Skin Later: It does envoke lemon-pledge, but personally I think it's because it smells so CLEAN. It must be a floral, likely a citrus floral.

Well, whatever it is. Verdict:

Fizzy moscow mule while you clean the house.

Independent reminds me of a lemon-lime drink powder we had as kids. Also of citronella candles. Not something I want to wear as a scent. Oh well, I'm glad I got to try it.

In the imp: This is fizzy and lemon-y, but not like the sugary lemon-lime soda of Geek.Goth. It’s like a glass of sparkling water with a slice of lemon dropped in it.

Wet: Tons of fizz and lots of lemon!

Dry: Lemon fizz! But the lemon does have a cleaning product vibe to it now, and and after a while, there’s something underneath that isn’t quite right… I’m getting some kind of waxy note, which I presume is a note not meshing well with my skin chemistry. It's waxy and yet I think I smell pencil eraser, and beneath that it is kind of making me think that this drink is housed in some kind of metal container. o.0

Verdict: I’m glad I got to try this since there were so many reviews comparing it to citrus soda. It’s not for me, but that’s okay, because I have Geek.Goth for my citrus soda scent needs!

Edited by dementia_divine

Lime lemony.  Bright and fizzy.  Maybe champagne?  It seems sparkly and drinkable.  Like a nice cocktail you'd have around the pool.