Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
greenranger

E Pluribus Unum

Out of many, one: a bouquet of the States' flowers.

In the bottle - soft florals, very well blended. It's impossible for me to pick out any separate notes in this. Like a bouqet of wildflowers.

Wet this takes a sharp green turn. A giant bouquet of notes, to my nose. This reminds me of when I went to the Yankee Candle factory up in New England. A bunch of tasty scents all jumbled togethr so you have a hard time distinguishing them accompanied by a faint background of candle wax.

After a while this still kind of reminds me of a candle shop. The waxy factor is not too prominent to ruin it, though. It's a nice, soft, light floral.

ADDED Jan. 19:

Bottle-> Soft florals, very well blended. I can't pick out any separate notes. It really is like a bouquet of wildflowers.

Wet-> it takes a sharp green turn. It reminds me of when I went to the Yankee Candle factory a few years ago in New England. A bunch of tasty scents all jumbled together so you have a hard time distinguishing them and then with a faint background of wax.

After a while-> It sticks with that candle shop scent. Probably going to pass this one on.

Mm! Smells lovely-a crisp fresh bouquet-for some reason I get apple from this-not sure why. Definitely not a 'grandma' floral. Very well blended-I can't pick out anything specific on first sniff.

This kinda reminds me of a softer, less "red/purple" feeling Lune Noire actually. Lovely!

Overall, I am glad I just got a decant of this, because while it is pleasant, I'm not blown away by it-it fades rather fast, and just doesn't grab me in any special way. A pretty blend, but nothing I am going crazy over.

straight sniff from bottle is a sharp, fruity, floral...

once applied i get tropical florals...wet lotus flower...

also, gardenia and a touch of dandelion...very short wearlength but lovely nonetheless :P

First impression: ZOMG FLOWERS. Gosh, that's pretty.

In the bottle this is faint and fairly understated. On my skin it blooms (pun intended! *rimshot*) into a lovely springy floral in the vein of Poisson d'Avril. It is sweet and floral, but not headachey or overwhelming. It's...happy, and pretty.

My skin does amp up florals, though, so it's got some throw on me. The fiance smells lilacs, and I honestly can't smell anything distinct from anything else, though this does have a lilacy quality to me. (I don't know if that's just because this is a lovely springy floral and I expect lilacs in a lovely springy floral, though.) This somehow manages to smell like an explosion of flowers while not being screamingly floral.

This dries down to something that smells like floral dusting powder, but then there are probably 2 perfumes in the history of the world that don't end up smelling like either powdery sugar or powdery florals on my skin after a while.

This might be tied with Poisson d'Avril as my favorite springy floral. It's rainy and warm up here in Massachusetts today, so it feels perfect for the weather.

This is just pure floral gorgeousness. Had I known, I'd have ordered a second. It makes me think of sunshine and spring and a meadow full of sweet wildflowers. I'm Canadian and have no idea what the individual States' flowers are, but whatever they may be, they smell fantastic.

This is creamy, floral, and yet it doesn't remind me of those "perfumey" florals that make my nose itch and my stomach turn. It's truly perfect. It's what I imagine the goddess of all things that bloom would smell like.

I'm not normally a floral person but I bought this to give it a try and I have to say I really like it. It's sweet and soft. It's a nice light scent, it reminds my of a Spring day in a medow.

Flowers! Flowers! I mean, really, it's a giant bouquet and mish-mashed and while floral, I feel like I smell something a bit different every time I sniff. Once I think I got parsley leaf, the other daffodil, the other time I swear it might have been tulip.

It makes my nose explode.

E Pluribus Unum

In the imp: surprisingly lemony and candied for a floral scent!

Wet on skin: beautiful bright flowers with lemony and herbal tones, and sweetness.

Dry on skin: this is gorgeous! Really beautiful! it’s a glorious bouquet of flowers, mainly wildflowers, but I also smell some heady white blooms and roses in there as well. The scent is not all ‘floral’ though, I also smell herbal notes in here, almost like dry sage, I’m guessing scents of the states which have a desert climate, and also something resinous-yes, resinous-like pine sap or some kind of evergreen. And there’s something sweet, almost fruity. The best thing? No soapy, sharp, wilted or off floral notes in here-this, at least for now, works wonderfully.

After a while: wow, this surprises me…in a good way. Because now it’s lost it’s herbs, sap and lemon, and smells very floral and blossomy…and yet, I smell no soap or overripe/rotting flowers at all! All I smell are bright, happy, dewy flowers, delicate spring blooms and wildflowers, with hints of grassiness and herbs. There’s something almost like melon to it as well, a juicy sweetness.

The scent then turns into the sort of thing I wished every wildflower and blossom scent smelt like…fresh dewy petals, tinged with cool morning air, and totally undamaged by errant skin chemistry.

Verdict: this is for wildflowers and ‘uber-floral’ scents what Dog Days is to grass scents, ie, this is what I wished all floral blends could smell like on me! It’s a wonderful and harmonious blend of fresh bright blossoms all mingling together so beautifully, with hints of stronger flowers like roses and tropical blooms and a tinge of fruitiness (like lemon) and some greener herbal/sap notes to make this a little more interesting than just a floral scent. The drydown is wildflower perfection-like a field of fragrant blooms covered with dew. Stunning and delightful, and a very cheerful scent too. This is the floral scent that all other flower scents wish they could be…many notes that blend into one perfect scent: dare I say this is a ‘united scent of America’?

Emoticon rating: :wub:

Is it a keeper? Yes!

If you like this, try: Flower Moon, La Primavera, Al Araaf, Prague, Fairy Market

In the bottle – A delicate powdery floral, that’s a little difficult to pin down, it smells slightly different each time I smell it

Wet on me – Still floral, but slightly greener and still a mystery to me

Dry on me – Faint florals, which disappear on me quite quickly

Overall – I’m not really a floral girl, but this is more interesting than I expected. However, it barely lasts at all on my skin

Decant: green floral to me

Wet on Me: lovely green floral nothing jumping out at me just yet

Drying Down: The floral in this morphs. So far it’s NOT morphed into rose or lilac or lily which does not play nicely with me at all. I’m still having a hard time putting my nose on the notes. But I’m liking it.

Dry: Sweet but not over bearing, a lovely gentle blend that hints and unity and strength underneath. So glad I got to try this one as well.

This smells so green to me, in the bottle and on! Like F5 without the aloe...very green, and sweet with a touch of undefinable florals. And seriously, are there 50 flowers in here? Because you would think this might be so crazy and overbearing because of all of those warring notes, but they're seamlessly blended here. It's just green, lovely, and beautiful!

And I love the bottle art, the little eye-pyramid and the flag...a little creepy, a little patriotic. Perfect!

In the bottle: Flowersflowersflowers, although none is strong enough to overpower the others. There's a coolness to this in the bottle that I wasn't expecting.

On, wet: The second it touches my skin, this turns to baby powder, as almost all florals do. Uch.

On, dry: Okay, this is weird... It's flowers, but not *florals*, if you know what I mean. Sometime between minute 10 and minute 15, this morphed into something I could really adore. It's sweet and cool and sparkly.

In the bottle: Soft, gentle floral. A little bit sweet, almost aquatic. Delicate and feminine.

Wet: Engish garden crossed with wildflowers - it smells both classic and uncultivated. A bit grassy, a bit spicy (carnation?). Slightly soapy edge.

Dry: Clover is giving that sweet, cool green aquatic feel, and I think there are some fruit tree blossoms in here. Also, something powdery. Still, it's pretty shady and dewy.

Later: Yes, it's more powdery than soapy, in a way that makes me think violet. It's not too strong. I think also a rose note that goes to soap/powder on me.

Summary: From a distance, it reminds me a bit of The Phantom Queen or Blue Moon 07, but up close it's slightly powdery-soapy. A very complex and well-blended, light, feminine floral. Low throw.

I like it, not sure I love it.

Well, it's definitely a floral in the bottle!

On my skin? Yep, floral.. not able to really pick anything out. It goes powdery quite quick and then turns into soap. Blah..

very green & floral out of the bottle. Settles down and plays nice with the skin. Faded after a few hours. *reapplies* Very nice - kinda like Fleurs du Mal, but greener & tarter. A very nice spring scent!

1246893517_6usmJ-Ti.jpg

I get no discernible florals in this blend, but rather a plethora of different greens: grasses, stems, leaves... everything green! There's even the slightest undernote of something dryer, like bark maybe? I like this blend very much, too much to relegate it to the specials box, to be worn only on Election Day. In my Triple Dagger locket, the greens are more pronounced than on my skin, and have a sharper edge. A blade of grass can cut too...

Edited by stellans

A lovely bright green/bright yellow floral.

Very much not me, but I am thrilled to have been able to sample it.

This is just an assortment of floral on my skin. Cannot really pick out any individual notes. Glad to have tried this, but no need for a bottle.

First sniff: It’s a clean, soft floral. Very fresh and green. It’s just on the very edge of soapy… I’m hoping my skin doesn’t amplify that problem.

Wearing: Oh, this is pretty. Gently floral and green. It reminded me throughout its wearing of Asphodel, though it’s fresh and green where Asphodel is deeper and richer. It stuck to my wrists all day, which is unusual for a clean floral. Just lovely.

E Pluribus Unum - This is a very bright, happy, fresh floral scent. There is a ton of greenery in the scent, as if the stems and leaves were crushed along with all of the blossoms. While I can't identify any distinct flower, there is a soft powderiness that seems to accompany one or more of the notes, a bit of fruitiness that may accompany another few notes, and a headiness from some other florals, although it's tempered by the gentle sweetness of other notes. It's a remarkably complex floral scent and I'm so glad I finally had the chance to try it out.

this was almost cologney to me in the bottle(!), but on drydown, oh my lord. this is so beautiful. i do agree that it's somewhat tropical-feeling? there's something very humid and lush about the florals in this one. i'm also getting a very spiky, spicy scent right up close to the skin that i can almost but not quite put my finger on, but it reminds me so strongly of autumn, whatever it is. after some time, i do pick up the greener notes, and just. ungh. this is doing so many lovely things on me. <3

all in all a gorgeous floral blend, and because it so strongly reminds me of autumn i am definitely tempted to keep this one & make it my signature scent throughout this fall season. i think e pluribus unum and i will have to spend a little more time together before i can really decide one way or the other, but so far i am quite liking this relationship. :)

ETA: okay. a few hours later, &we both sadly decided we should see other people. as beautiful as this oil is, it just hits a certain point and turns a little unpleasant on me. alas. :(

Edited by undream

good lord that's a lot of flowers.

i ordered e pluribus unum for two reasons: one, i really liked the concept, and two, i don't do well with florals in general, but i am often okay with "wildflowers" as a note, and i hoped this would be something like that.

at first it's… way too flowery for me. but i kind of expected that. but you know, i like it better than some other blends that just have one or two floral notes of doom for me; this is unapologetically, unabashedly FLOWERY and there is no single note that takes over and dominates. it's an explosion of blooms and color, but as it dries down, its oddly sweet and gentle.

i don't think i'll wear it very often, but if i am in a very specific type of girly mood- i might actually wear this. one flower, i can't do. 50 flowers, all together? not bad.

it does fade really fast, though.

i am really big on flowers, so a blend of 50 official state flowers js hella high on my wishlist. i was very excited to pick up a bottle of this, but also a little cautious, as flowers can get a little soapy on mr. so 50 flowers is 50 opportunities for an off match on the skin. in the bottle this does indeed smell a little soapy, but not unpleasantly so. on the skin it warms immediately. i agree with the green sentiment for the overall vibe, but not in a medicinal way. just sweet flowers <3 the throw is medium. i can definitely smell it on myself as i’m sitting here. the throw is more clean smelling than the skin scent. as it’s wafting i’m strongly reminded of like an unscented deodorant-type smell, but when i sniff up close it’s more sweet and fresh than actual soap/deodorant. after about the first hour of the drydown it morphs and becomes more i would say golden. not a hint of soapiness (for me it’s usually the reverse, with the soap emerging as the other notes fade) and still very sweet and florally. the throw becomes less strong as i’m wearing it however, although still very noticeable up close to the skin

Wet: YES! The lovely flowers that remind me of hymn, but more varied and not as in-your-face-screamy-floral! Aaaand it's practically gone with about five minutes. Damn it.

I like in-your-face floral when it WORKS on me, and so far, in the BPAL world I've barely had luck. This is lovely though, just not worth the infinity war conclusion from my skin...