Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ravenclaw79

The Macabray

White winter flowers plucked from a snow-covered graveyard.

The Macabray - This is one of my favorite winter blends. It's the smell of cold, slushy snow and crisp winter air and tiny winter flowers and maybe even a handful of winter berries that got squashed under someone's foot. It's a really beautiful scent and when I woke up to May snow in my yard today, I knew exactly what I was going to be wearing this morning. :D

My bottle is about a year and a half old at this point.It's a lovely snowy floral with soft musky undertones. As the day wears on, somehow it melds into something even more glorious. Definitely a go-to on a hot, scorching desert day.

I love this scent. It's cool and slushie with unexpected flowers and slight hint of mint. Sometimes snow scents are too soapy or too pine heavy for me - but this one hits the spot. Cool, refreshing, and lovely.

~

I went through a period this summer when this was the only thing I wanted to wear. I now realize that Macabray has a spot in my heart and in my top 10 favorites. It's clean but not soapy, cool, refreshing... it clears my head and helps me feel more at peace. I only realized how much I had fallen in love with it when I noticed that I started comparing all other snow scents to it and found them inferior. I could let Snowball Fracas and Tulzscha go and just get more bottles of Macabray now that I realize that it's the perfect cold scent for me.

Edited by strahlend

This is my favorite snow blend so far... Many of the snow blends smell similar to me, but with small variances. The Macabray has become the one I measure them all against. If it doesn't smell as good as this, it goes. This truly is the only one I need a bottle of :) (although I do have decants of a couple others)

Sharp white florals with a bite of winter. Almost too sharp at first, but after drydown it is quite lovely. Sigh, I think I see another bottle on the horizon. :wub2:

In The Bottle

Cool and softly snowy. Reminds me of Smow White missing an element which makes SW deeper and richer

On Application

Really beautiful snowy floral.

Dry Down

This could have a complete fail but I had hoped it would work. It does. Stunningly beautiful scent reminiscent of Kumari Kandam which is one of my favorites.

Rating (0-5)

Cold, snow, flowers, mint. The Macabray is a light, white, glittery scent.

I adore The Graveyard Book, and am excited to be getting to try this. Thanks to the lovely forumite who sent it to me as a frimp. :wub:

Wet: The snow note in this is strongest, and beautiful. It immediately reminds me of the bright, clean snow note in Mat Night, which I adore. But upon further sniffing, I get some mint and pine from this snow note. I am not getting any of the florals yet. This is a cold, beautiful scent. It reminds me of a clear, still, cold winter night, with lots of stars. I don't usually much care for this type of scent, especially the pine, but there's something about this that I love.

Dry: This is really nice, and on dry-down it does remind me a lot of Mat Night, both are predominantly that bright, clean snow note on me. I am so glad to have a decant of this, but I won't feel the need to track down a bottle.

The Macabray starts off heavy on the mentholated, minty snow (maybe similar to the one from Nuclear Winter? But I am not sure -- it has been a while since I've smelled that one). It smells very icy and stays like that for hours before the white floral notes are able to emerge from the frost. After several hours, it's a light white floral scent accompanied by smooth, clean ice without the mint.

I was really hoping this one would feature a different snow note (like a sweeter one). I think this is nice, but it is not something I'd reach for over other snowy floral blends that I have, so I will pass this decant on to someone who is ISO this scent. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco