Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allidavie

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Bottled happiness. Helps reverse misfortune, brings light and laughter to even the most troubled and discordant place, and aids in alleviating the stress and discontent that accompanies so many of life's daily trials.

This on me turns to cherry gum sweet sticky candy with a cough syrup overtone. Really doesn't work at all! It softens as it wears, but unfortunately, not enough.

Wow, a voodoo blend that isn't Lemon Pledge on me! This is mostly fruity, in the red category. It is definitely a bouncy scent, almost childlike. This is playing outside on a summer day. I like!

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo certainly is a happy scent. It's like one of the scents I'd wear when I was younger, except better, because it's not full of alcohol.

It's lovely and bright. But it's happy in an excitable, childlike way; it's not at all a relaxing scent. It's one that I'd put on in the morning on a rather warm day. Probably a Saturday.

This is super-sweet on first application, like bubble gum and burnt sugar. Definitely a happy scent. As it dries, it takes on a bit of a marshmallow note, creamy and, yes, a little burnt. I don't think I'd want to wear this every day, but it's definitely a mood-brightener. It makes me think of the carnival, and having fingers sticky from cotton candy.

Smells like bubble gum with anise. Doesn't smell great on my skin, but it worked it's voodoo and made me happier so I guess that's what counts, eh?

My first thought on sniffing this one: effervescent. It has a bubbly, bright smell to it. It's sort of fruity and candy-like at the same time, without smelling specifically like ONE single fruit or candy. This would be great in a scent locket or at strategic stress points (keep it in the drawer with your bills!). I may keep my bottle in my purse, as there are several points during any workday when I need some "joy mojo." :P

AND... I refreshed this at 7pm last night before I drove home (the ninth hour of a grueling eight hour day, hence the need for joy mojo) and I can still smell it on my skin right now.

Not only is a beautiful fragrance, but it's quite effective at its Voodoo intent as well!

Edited by Grifyn

This is another one of my top 5,

Wet.... it's got a slightly green note to it that I'm not really sure about. My nose isn't that finely tuned, but it soon turns into a really really sweet smell. I describe it as rubbers. Rubbers meaning, my friend used to collect pencil erasers when she was a kid, and some of them had this smell, almost identical to Aunt Caroline! It's like a fake plastic, sweet smell. Which some people would probably hate, but I think it's something a bit different. It takes me back to my childhood. It's fun to wear and it has a LOT of throw on me.

I wore it out clubbing about 3 weeks ago, and the smell is still wafting every now and then from the jacket I wore that night!

Thanks Aunt Caroline, you certainly make me happy! :P

Edited by ouch!

I received this with my order and I certainly liked the name! I didn't read the description first-just smelled and then tried it on. The smell in the imp was pleasant-fruity and spicy at the same time. I applied a little and my husband to tell me what he thought. He said, "Wow fruity, I love it", in a LOUD voice. I was a little surprised. I had never gotten that reaction before. I then read the reviews of others and told him it was suppose to be a 'happy' scent. He replied that it certainly made him happy and we should purchase a bottle. I really like the combinations in this one although it is spicy on me, which I do love. :P

Fresh out of the bottle, Joy Mojo smells like...bubble-gum scented bubble bath. Not real bubble-gum, but that bubble-gummy soap scent.

As soon as it touches my skin, it veers into the related territory of "tutti-frutti toothpaste." You know, that fruity pink gel stuff with unicorns printed on the tube you got as a little kid. I always hated that stuff.

Mere minutes later, I am informed that it smells precisely like a men's public restroom - cleaner and pink urinal cakes. I personally cannot vouch for this...but then, now it smells like pink, fruity marshmallow vanilla with toothpaste. With SO MUCH sugar.

I dunno if it's bottled happiness, but...um....the scent isn't doing it for me.

I got this as a freebie with a bottle. *thanks the lab*

It is a hit and now I want a bottle!

In the imp pure pink bubblegum

Then mulberries and cream

now, sort of a carmel, roasting marshmellow in-the-fire kindof, smell.

Puts me in a happy mood!

I love it!

Edited by woodlandfairy

I could use some more joy in my life, so I decided to give this a go.

Bottle: like the juiciest spiced orange, I can see why this would be joyful.

Wet, on skin: mmm, the spices are becoming marinated in said juice with pleasing results.

Dry: Mmmmm, this has developed into a zesty and sweet citrus loaf served with a side of fresh squeezed OJ.

Four or so hours later: the juice is still there, but in a supporting role to a lovely cinnamony powdered sugar. I can't stop sniffing my wrist.

I'm in a crisis at the moment and have yet to flip out.

I must have a bottle.

Super sweet. We got this as a frimp for our will call door.

It never made it into me. I smelled the bottle and it was like bubble gum. Really super sickly sweet bubble gum. yuck!

I don't know if Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo works for me the way it's supposed to, or if it's just a placebo, but every time I put it on it's an instant mood-lifter. And I don't even think it smells that great. Not awful, but not great. (I'm told it smells like the pink cakes in men's room urinals.)

But I keep an imp in my purse for those days when I just wake up cranky, or when my coworker/boyfriend wakes up cranky and spreads it. And, no kidding, thirty seconds after putting a drop in my hair, it's like the sun comes up. Not only do I get bouncy and happy and cheerful, but everyone in my vicinity does too. Which is a serious, serious blessing.

*buys bottles and imps to share*

I wish I could say that this scent left me with a totally positive experience, but sadly it didn't. When I opened the imp, the scent wafted toward me and immediately made me smile. I wore it in my locket, as always, when I went out for my birthday. When I first applied it to the cotton, it smelled wonderfully sweet and happy, and I continued to feel that way for the first couple hours. As it dried down, the scent became sweeter, almost too sweet, but what really bothered me is that the more it dried the more is smelled like a urinal cake. Now I am not a man, but have had the displeasure of cleaning my tiny office's men's room and have, on occasion had to put in a new cake. This scent after drying smelled like one. By the end of the night, I couldn't wait to get my locket off of me. I really wanted to like this scent. It made me feel so good straight out of the bottle. :P

I got this as an extra in a recent decant circle, it's one that I've had on my list to try for a long time.

In the imp, it does indeed smell like a bag full of lollies - the kind that comes with powdered sugar all over them, red and pink things, and cotton candy.

Wet on skin, it's all pink and red and powdered sugar !

Once dry, unfortunately this morphs on my skin into car deodoriser ... eep! I don't want to smell like car deodoriser, it's not my preferred choice of scent... Maybe I'll try this in an oil burner, or in melted wax ... I would so like for this scent to work, the things in it do make me think it has potential to be happiness in a bottle (or imp in my case), if only it wouldn't turn so!

Smells EXACTLY like bubble gum with a powdery sugar-y coating on it. Throws me way back to childhood... but it's way too sickly-sweet to smell regularly, even as a voodoo blend :P What a shame!

I love this stuff!

It's a very light scent, hard sugar candy-ish with hints of citrus. If I had to give it a colour, it'd be a cantaloupe orange or a pale chartreuse. Mind you, chartreuse is my favourite colour, so maybe that's why I think of it when wearing this oil. It's definitely hard to be sad when you're wearing this.

My father recently passed away, and luckily enough, very soon thereafer I got an imp of this, and honestly, it really helped. It's a light and carefree sort of scent that just lifts you up when you feel down. Absolutely a 'buy a bottle' scent.

Oddly enough, this smells unbelievably awful on me, and I like it anyway.

It smells like generic cheap-o bathroom cleaner, that super-sweet stuff they use in truck stops and the like, but I put it on, and about five minutes later I'm smiling and cheerful and happy.

It works the same way on my boyfriend, who doesn't like it either, so I'm keeping it.

I don't get the light sweet scents that everyone else seems to smell. On me it turns into straight up baby-doll plastic. The little plastic baby-dolls that had that light air of baby powder to their synthetic hair. It did make me happy though as it reminded me of childhood times past. I think I'll keep Auntie around to try again at a later date.

Cherry and bubblegum scratch and sniff stickers. That is what this smells like. It's fruity and sweet in the bottle, and once it's applied it acquires a cake-like edge, or a smell like browning meringue or coconut macaroons. Very tasty; I suspect there is cassia in this, rather than cinnamon. A touch of coconut, a little strawberry.

Actually, this smells quite a bit like homemade strawberry shortcake, complete with pound cake. Joy Mojo indeed. Hard not to like a scent that is so relentlessly happy.

I needed a little joy dose today and I thought it would a perfect time to try this voodoo blend out. It's so sweet in the imp and immediately after applying to my wrist and neck, I got a bubble gum, very pink, joyous and comforting scent. A touch of orange started to emerge as well on the drydown. It now smells entirely like candy and bubblegum. I'm not getting any of that roasted marshmallow scent that others got but I have to say it did make me feel happier and calmer.

Edited by twistedophelia

Very sweet bubble-gum at first, that gradually softened a bit but was still too sweet for me.

In the imp, this is effervescently fruity and candy-like - very bright and perky.

Wet, it's the same as in the bottle. As it dries, it gets a little bit cleanser like, but that fades back out again and I'm left with a sort of powdery, effervescent fruity scent.

I put a little bit on the back of my hand and it immediately perked me up and I felt a lot of the tension I store in my shoulders lift. I walked into the other room to have my husband sniffed it and he perked up a lot (it's 1am here) and said that this was the best scent I've tried on in a long time (I wouldn't quite go that far, but it is very nice on me).

I've been wearing this for about half an hour, and it's cleared away the mental gunk that White Light can't (more the self-nagging thoughts than icky bits picked up from other people). I think the two of them will do a one-two punch on all the stuff that keeps dragging me down, which is most needed.

I think I'm going to need a bottle of this.

This is the only voodoo blend I bought a 10 ml bottle of (when they were still available) so that says something right off the bat (other than it sure took me a long time to review it.) Less than an imp's worth is left in the bottle, so that says something too.

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo has a slightly dusky cotton candy scent, mixed with a sort of carmelized sugar, and perhaps a slight hint of berry. It is indeed a cheering little scent, and one of those that inspire much self-sniffage. I also like it as a room scent, in an oil burner. That way you can force an improved mood upon others. :P

:P Voodoo Blends: Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Well, I DEFINITELY needed a pick-me up yesterday - being on the verge of crying as a result of other peoples shortcomings is most certainly not a happy place.

In the Imp: (Freebie!! Thanks BPAL!!)

Very intense sugar!

It's not a pink sugar for me like other reviewers seem to get - my sugar is golden and silvery!

There is also a tiny dab of cinnamon to my nose here.

I couldn't pinpoint the warm note though - which other Forumites have described as berries/cherry.

I'll go with that for the warm note - I can definitely picture sugared cherries now B) :D

On my Skin, Wet:

OOOO - More sugar!

and the cinnamon & cherries kindof fade into the background a little bit, not much though.

THIS IS WONDERFUL!!! I no longer feel like I'm about to cry (please note that the situation hasn't changed any between pre-ACJM and application)

I'm even feeling less depressed/enraged!! AMAZING!

On my Skin, Dry:

Golden Sugared Cherries!!

with a cinnamon stick in the background - carried on the breeze :)

Maybe there's a tiny tiny touch of anise or some other spice - It's wonderfully subtle!

Verdict:

I MISS THE 10mL BOTTLES NOW!!!!

Phooey!

:D

Oh well, I guess it's going to be two 5mL instead (but with the next Lunacy update- can't let the moon travel alone ;) )

5 of 5 rating!