Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allidavie

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Bottled happiness. Helps reverse misfortune, brings light and laughter to even the most troubled and discordant place, and aids in alleviating the stress and discontent that accompanies so many of life's daily trials.

Orange runts! Hard to be grouchy when you smell like candy and nostalgia!

In the bottle - sweet, chemical sugar. This is almost exactly like the jelly sweets my daughter likes.

Fresh on - Pretty much the same, but it gets a particular fruitiness about it, like sherbert, or juicy fruit gum. It's very pink and sugary.

As it dries - The intense sweetness dies down and it gets a sort of fuzzy/not-exactly-musky feel to it. This is like wearing a sugar pink mohair jumper and eating sherbert out of a bag.

This is a very comforting and friendly scent, and it does have something nostalgic about it. It isn't over strong, but it lasts quite a while. If I'm honest, I can't say it made me really happy, but it is comforting and calming.

This one is interesting to me.

The smell is very bubble-gummy in the Imp, but when it's on, it smells a lot like candy dots - the kind that you peel off the paper. It reminds me so much of a candy store my mom used to take me to up in New England, though I honestly can't remember where it was, or what it was called. A little goes a LONG way with this one, and on me it's got some great staying power.

I don't LOVE the scent, but I do like it a fair amount. The reason it's a keeper for me though is that it WORKS. It really puts me in a great mood as soon as I put it on. Now whether it's the actual ingredients or whether it's me willing it to work enough so it does - I don't know. But after after several times wearing it the last few weeks, and it working every time, it's a keeper for certain!

This oil smells exactly like Double Bubble bubble gum in the imp, and released a cherry-orange wax-bottles sort of fragrance when it hit my skin. I'm having a horrible day, and as I smell the Mojo more, I can feel the relief of a dark fog quietly lifting from my mind. Smelling like 1980s candy is not usually my thing, but the effect is more pronounced than I expected, and the scent is certainly more charming to my nose than some of the TAL formulas. A keeper for sure, and I think even people who don't do well with foody fragrances might do well to try this one - especially if they're moody and grumpy like me. :P

This scent reminds me of bright red cherries and helium. I've put a dab of this on when I was in not the greatest circumstances and it really has helped to perk me up a bit. It isn't within my normal range of prefered scents, but it really does cheer me up and so I've grown quite fond of it through association.

On my skin, this smells just like a dry, semi-hard piece Strawberry Bubbleyum! A flash back to my youth. I love it!

I must have a 5ml bottle of this ^_^

I wore this scent on a recent trip to New Orleans (it just seemed to fit!) and I really liked it. In the imp, it smelled like pure sugar--maybe candy floss. I got this overwhelming sense of PINK. Once on my skin, it came out smelling just like Double Bubble bubble gum. No lie. It was exact.

The only real problem I had with this scent was that it doesn't actually hold up that well in a hot environment. And since I live in Florida...that's kind of a problem. I had to liberally reapply it every couple hours to get any kind of scent at all.

I'm probably going to go through my imp, but I can't see buying more after I run out. I just have to use way too much at a time!

At first, I wasn't crazy about it. I couldn't say why, it was just too fruity bright. After an hour or so it was strong and a little sandalwoody, but it ended up a nice buttery almostcaramel sweetness. Sort of reminds me of a candle I loved from Bath and Body Works.

Aunt Caroline has helped me to stay positive during some quite grim days so its spell at least has worked on me as it is happy, comforting scent

imp: sweet fruity bubblegum

wet: fruits and berries are still very sweet but less bubblegummy - and there is lovely pinch of cinnamon that prevents scent to become too much like candy

dry: this is getting more foody - like berry pie with caramel sauce and vanilla icecream... this makes me hungry when having empty stomach but this is delicious and pretty though occasionally there are still whiffs of lollipop that are bit too sweet

Overall staying power seems pretty good too - i got sunny, tasty whiffs still after long workday and shower. I think this will be on bottle purchase list mostly because of its moodlifting effect even scent is bit too sweet and girly to me to be used as everyday scent

This is a very very sweet, sugary bubblegummy scent. It's got quite a bit of throw and feels very young. It dries down to a more subdued scent that is still quite sweet. I can't really pick out many of the notes.

It does make you feel happy though, so I will keep on using it during those occasions. Not for me for everyday use though.

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo is sweet, sugary candy in the imp. As bright as it is in the vial, it becomes eve more vibrant on my skin. Pinker, almost fizzier and more alive. It's a definite mood enhancer. Too bad 3/4 of my imp leaked in transit. Don't think I would need a bottle of this but I wouldn't mind acquiring another imp of this at some point.

I got this as an imp for my grandma who has been unable to paint since we lost my grandpa in August. She told me she "lost her mojo" and I told her, "Have I got the thing for you!" and told her the name of it and she said "Well, I don't poo-poo anything and my name IS Carol!"

Its definitely a very uplifting, happy smell. Like others have mentioned it does smell like candy, but its not cloyingly sweet, its more fresh like the sweetness of a really ripe plum or candied lemon. Juicy, even!

I am dropping it off this weekend, I'll be curious how it works for her. Hopefully she gets her joy mojo back!

I couldn't work out what this smelt like until I read one of the other reviewers had compared it to Juicy Fruit chewing gum. That's what it reminds me of!

I like it in the bottle but wouldn't wear it myself; it's too fruity and sweet.

So, I should preface this review by saying that Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo is not a scent that I would normally embrace -- I like complicated unisex-y BPALS the best (Jolly Roger, Nero, Crowley, Absinthe, The Apothecary, Floating Market). But it *is* very, very happy, and I found that wearing it lifted my spirits and gave me a push of energy for a long, grueling day. At a particularly tense moment when I might have reasonably found my patience tried beyond the breaking point, I found myself taking a deep breath ... and smiling.

I found it interesting that the people who entered my office were also more light-hearted and spontaneous than is usually the case ... and that when they commented on the "nice smell", they each had a different idea as to what it was: someone said 'clean laundry', someone else said 'Christmas', and yet another person said my room smelled like 'vacation', whatever that is. No one mentioned orange gummy candy, which was my original impression of the smell.

It does have impressive throw and staying power. I caught a whiff of it the following morning when I opened my office door -- and I hadn't liked it well enough to slather.

I've ordered a bottle, of course.

Edited by MirasolAbeille

smells like bubble gum in the imp, but a pale yellow or green bubble gum. A refreshing sweet, not sickly candy sweet. On my skin, I'm getting a watery sweetness. It's light and refreshing and girly. I prefer the powdery or clean refreshing scents, so I might just give this to my friend.

Wow, on me or at least to my nose, there's no candy here at all. Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo smells delicious to me and like something I'd like to put in my mouth, in the way that past boyfriends' skin's smelled so good rather than like food itself. In the late dry down there is a real powdery note, but it smells most to me like a relation of O or Khrysee. Maybe some vanilla or honey or amber with a slight touch of orange or orange blossom. Delicious.

This is sooooo sweet!!! Lol. It absolutely wouldn't work as a personal scent for me, but I love to keep a sample of all the Voodoo blends around. The sweetness in here is candy-sweetness. I couldn't make out any fruit note that might have gone into the mix, but it generally feels very pink. Not pastel pink, but a dark, intense pink, coupled with a warm vanilla egg nog yellow that is neither a pastel. So... it's really in your face sweet. And kinda loud, too.

This smells exactly like berry flavored bubble gum. It is bright and sweet, and defiantly invokes a happy childish feeling. As this dries down, it starts to become less like bubble gum and more like creamy fruit candies, but it still retains that powdery feel to it that bubble gum has. I am not sure if this is making me happy, but it sure does amuse me.

I love Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo so much.

Wet: It's like fruity bubblegum. Mmmmyes. It also reminds me of kool-aid and jello in a nostalgic way.

As it dries, it gives off a subdued floral that reminds me a little of honeysuckle, but that floral is very subtle and disappears quickly.

Drydown: It becomes sugar with a little light vanilla. Yes again!

I love it so much that I added some to a bottle of unscented Dr Bronner's soap, and I use it for shower gel and shampoo. I want to smell like this always. This is my new signature scent, my new favorite BPAL, and it does make me feel happy. *slathers*

Edited by Tempest

Herbal orange candies. This one is definitely a winner and I'll be getting a 5ml in my next order.

Spiritually-speaking, it is immensely uplifting. I'm smiling to myself just sniffing the wand and my mouth is watering some. Deeeee-lish.

In the imp: Bubblegum with sugar-powder! And some vague, unidentifiable fruits in the background! Yum!

On, wet: The same as in the imp.

On, dry: Does saying it smells like baked bubblegum make sense? It's that same powdered sugar covered bubblegum scent, but with a depth and warmth that makes me think of something baked.

All in all, this one just makes me smile, every time I catch a whiff! I don't think I'd wear it everyday, but it'll be a great pick-me-up scent! wub2.gif

At first, this is a lushous strawberry with a healthy dollop of sugar. Dry, still strawberry, but kind of dusty, like a strawberry sitting in the dry dirt. I have been quite stressed lately, and within the last 10 minutes or so, it feels like I can conquer the difficulties that lay ahead. I don't really care for the scent all that much, but it fades fast on me anyways.

I don't know what it is about this scent, but as others pointed out it just makes you smile. Perhaps not something I'd wear out much, but a great pick up on bad days. There is something....effervescent about it. It's got a sparkly fizz to it like a strawberry fizzy drink or something. Strangely it sort of reminds me of cocopink's pink candy floss.

In the imp: Fruity bubblegum. Strawberry I think! Yum.

Wet: Creamy and sugary strawberries with other delicious fruits.

Dry: Same as above, but is a lot more creamy and just heavenly! I really like this, but only wear it when I'm feeling down and want a pick-me-up or on cloudy, dreary days.