Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
allidavie

Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo

Bottled happiness. Helps reverse misfortune, brings light and laughter to even the most troubled and discordant place, and aids in alleviating the stress and discontent that accompanies so many of life's daily trials.

Wet: WHOA. This is extremely sweet! It smells like.. candy. Ridiculously strong candy.

Dry: Not so in-your-face anymore. This smells exactly like sweettarts to me!
Auntie C is a nice scent.. but not something I'd really want to smell like. Luckily, my mom LOVES this scent, so I'll be sending the imp her way. :P

On a scale of 1-5, I'd give this a 3.5.
You should try this if you want to smell like candy.

This is bright and sweet and almost innocent. It has a playful exuberance and does indeed smell like candy bubblegum, with a hint of bright fruit and vanilla behind it. This is a fun scent to wear when it's time to clear the air and lighten up.

This is like pineapple upside-down cake on me. I'm not into foody scents but I do like some fruits. I got this as a frimp, and I can definitely see myself using it, though it's not a favorite. Very sweet and cheerful.

I smell cherry candy and vanilla. It smells like fake strawberry vanilla on me.

Red hard candy.

Cute, but not my style. Makes me a bit more cheerful, though, to be quite honest! A youthful, girly candy scent.

I don't see myself pulling it off as a perfume, but it's a sweet little pick-me-up as aromatherapy. I'd buy a candle scented with Aunt C.

Conversation between me and Peach-daughter (20 years old)

Me: (while testing ACJM) Hey, did you tell me you wanted something young, bright, bubblegummy, fruity?

Her: No, I told you I wanted some more Jailbait.

Me: Oh. Well, I thought you might like this one.

Her: (sniffing my wrist) You smell like a bag of candy!

Me: I thought I smelled like a bag of Jelly Bellys.

Her: Which one is it?

Me: Aunt Caroline's Joy Mojo.

Her: It works!

Verdict: We love it! :P

Imp: Sweet citrus, very refreshing.

Wet: Almost like cookies, which is happy, I must admit.

Dry: Powdered hard fruit candies. From Disney Land. Man, those things were so good. It brings happy memories, but I'm not sure I'd wear this.

Today is a perfect day to try Aunt Caroline. I feel grouchy for no good reason other than the accumulation of day-to-day ick. Oh boy, that's got to be heliotrope and maybe cherry--thick, sweet, cough-syrupy; too much for me. I can easily imagine my, or someone else's, old aunt insisting that if you're a good child and take your medicine, this concoction will be good for you...but I wouldn't wear it for the scent alone.

in the imp: yup- candy :)

wet on skin: candy, but softer, not so harsh or bubble-gummy as in the vial.

dry down: a subtle, muted form of candy, sugar-powder and something mildly fruity- it's like the happy childhood i never had!

in all: this is sweet, innocent and lovely. i want to eat it (yes, i AM a foodie!) but it *is* also giving me a sense of gentleness to my spirit that i've been lacking as of late. this is really, really wonderful.

:P :D :D

IN THE IMP: Oh my goodness, bubble gum. And an artificial fruit flavor, the type you get in candy. It smells a lot like Juicy Fruit gum.

WET: Very fruity in that fake way, and also turns a bit waxy. But for some reason, the wax doesn't bother me. It reminds me a lot of Laffy Taffy.

DRY: Grape Laffy Taffy. It actually seems to get stronger with wear, huh. It's actually much less candy later in drydown and slightly more perfume-ish, so that it's actually possible to wear it around as an everyday scent. Cute, but not for me.

Starburst-sweet, sugared jellied fruit slices, washed down with spicy sassafras beer

Cough syrupy, but admittedly more appetizing than any spoonful o' syrup I've ever faced down . . .

Then again, it also reminds me of the fruity bubblegum flavored cleanser dentists use for kids. Yech.

*sneeze* uh-oh *sniff* anyone want this imp?

thanks anyway!

Smells like candy! Very cheering.

Wet: It's almost syrupy. Very fruity

On: Oh, nice! More candy-like. A bit of vanilla and candied fruits. Maybe a wee bit of strawberry and some super sweet citrus.

Dry: It reminds me quite a bit of Marshmallow Poof. I think I might even like it more. Fruity candy. :P

Orange Sweet Tarts. Sweet, citrussy, sunshine in a bottle. It lifts my mood and makes me smile just sniffing this.

In the imp, it had an almost licorice-like quality to it, with lemondrops mixed in.

Wet, it smelled like bubblegum -- fresh, pink, juicy sugary gum.

Oddly enough, as it dried, there was a sort of...flowery note to it...or perhaps an herbal one...rather powdery and faint and intriguing, after that straight-up sacchirine candy goodness. Unfortunately, as time went on, it turned plasticky. Very disappointing...

Had it stayed in the candy stages, I probably would have liked it a lot more. It does have a soothing quality to it, but quite frankly, *all* the BPAL scents do that for me. :P I will probably have to reluctantly give up on this one.

Cherry-candy-goodness!

I don't know if I would wear this out or anything, but if I'm having a down day and sitting around the house, I'll reach for it for sure. This is an undeniably cheerful scent, even if its a little "young" for daily wear.

In the imp: It smells similiar to Jailbait except it's strawberry bubblegum as opposed to Jailbait's minty bubblegum

On my skin: Bubblegum and pink lemonade

Dry down: omg the best candy scent ever!!! It seriously smells like this pink strawberry chewy candy strips which has sugar on the outside.

I cant believe I took so long to try this. I'll probably get a bottle. It lasts longer than most other fruity sweet scents and stronger too. Not too sure about the throw

Oh wow this is Bubbletape bubble gum! Childish, and pink and fun! It also smells like sugar, and cotton candy, and just all sorts of yummy joyish treats.

AS it dries down it turns into cotton candy, and its strong enough that even my husband across the room asked me about it (mentioning how it reminded him of something as a kid). I can smell a little bit of strawberry in the background that makes me think of strawberry ice cream in a waffle cone.

Totally in love with this and will be picking up a big bottle for those days that I want to really smell like a kid again.

Wet in imp:

sweet, berry gum

Wet on skin:

still sweet, berry gum with a touch of marshmallow

Drydown:

similar to before, but taking on a bit of an artificial, air-freshener type of smell

Wearlength:

fades to soft sweetness

Final impression:

the air-freshener smell fades away after a little while, and is a nice, cheerful, sweet scent

I like it.

In the bottle: Light yellow oil. Sweet and fruity, almost like bubblegum. Pink and cheerful in feel.

Wet: Strawberry - very sweet, but more candy and less bubblegum. A light hint of something floral and a plastic note. Extremely feminine, girly.

Dry: That plastic note is amping and a hint of sweet-sharp clove has emerged - but it's not spicy, yet. While strawberry is definitely the dominant fruit note, I can see a bit of raspberry and maybe melon too.

Summary: Unpleasant plastic and sweet (not spicy) clove notes mingled with cloying candied, artificial strawberry. Possibly lighter melon, raspberry, and bubblegum. Great throw and good lasting power.

I really do not like the lab's strawberry note on my skin. It is very fake and chemically. :P

I've had an imp of this to test just sitting around waiting for a time when I really needed a boost-now would be that time.

This is yummy in the imp. Like sweet fruity gum.

Hmm...on my skin there's a bit of an off note-I can't quite describe it...it's just odd. I am going to let this settle for a bit and see how it smells/how I feel.

I'm liking it more as it dries, but I still am not sure I would wear this as perfume.

Yeah, this is just meh for me. Kind of dries to stale bubblegum. Not my definition of bottled happiness.

In the imp I smell bubble gum and roses.

Once applied under the fruity/candy sweetness there is something more substantial...maybe a touch of sandalwood? ...a hint of spice?

Pretty quickly it fades to nothing but a creamy sweetness and just a lingering bit of rose.

It never fails to bring a smile to my face though since the critter I adopted is Aunt Caroline and the scent makes me think of her bright pink face:)

I finally got a bottle of this after going through 3 imps.

This is lemon-celery sugar candy and vanilla blossom with a very subtle vetiver base note (I agree with the reviewers who recognize this from the other voodoo oils.) It is sharp in the bottle, but softens on the wrist to become just a divine, happy scent.

I love Aunt Caroline's and wear it often and can't stop smelling myself. It is extra-specially good for the summertime, when people are heat-grumpy. But I find myself wearing it all times of the year.

Ohmaude rating: Ohyes!

Edited by Ohmaude

In the imp it's pure bright candy goodness.

As it dries, it calms down and starts to smell more like Smarties (which yes, I know is a candy, but those have a lighter candy smell). There is something in the background that I can't put my finger on. There is the slightest touch of...something, that helps to ground this.

I really really like it. :P

Sweet citrusy candy that really does perk you up a bit. It's a little *too* sweet for regular wear, though, and I say this as a lover of Pink Phoenix and Sugar Skull! Wear in moderation.

Holy Strawberry Pink Bubble Gum, Batman! This is Bazooka Joe all over, complete with dusty outside and comic strips on the wrapper. One of the essentials of under age ten happiness. There are other smells too, vanilla and a mild floral, maybe a touch of citrus. Hard to tell as it all meshes. I think a friend of mine had a packet of flavored shisha that tasted like this smells, so maybe there is a teensy bit of sweet tobacco, too? Hard to tell, and I'm no aromatherapist. That said, it does what it says it will do. My job is stressful on the best days, grinding and horrible on its worst. I wore this to work today and felt an incredible lightness, like nothing was so bad that a little yummy candy smell couldn't make it better. And it lasts! I can still smell creamy strawberry pinkness on my wrists twelve hours later. I ordered a 5ml before the day was out.

this is drool-worthy for me. i need a 5ml pronto!

this is the scent i have been hoping for since i started looking up scents on scent scribbles. it smells like an amazing candy and the only things i don't smell are the cinnamon and the anise but i'm actually glad that i don't because that may have ruined it for me. mmm pure bubblegum and berries. i don't know how i'm going live on half an imp.

i only received half an imps worth so someone be my angel and sell this to me :P