Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
SilverWeb

smells like anticipation

I just placed my first order (samhain) and now I wait. This got me wondering, what smells like anticipation to you all? Any particular BPAL scent? Any scent at all? Is there a difference between joyful anticipation and a worried anticipation scent? Can you have a mixture of the two?

For some reason, I would say The Goblin Rider smells like anticipation. To me it is kind of an idea scent because it is kind of sharp and airy.

I bet there are lots of more sensual anticipation scents. Goblin Rider to me is kind of neutral anticipation. It could apply to fear or anxiety or excitement. To me it might be kind of like christmas eve anticipation. It is definitely night. Now I kind of want to find one that smells like daytime anticipation... hmmm.

I get a touch of anticipation from The Tell Tale Heart (blood musk, cocoa, black pepper, allspice, dragon's blood resin and vetiver)—it's a very close match to Poe's inspiration, and so it has a sense of dreaded, fearful anticipation: the threat of a beating heart and imminent discovery.

That's all I've got. I often tend towards the opposite extremes of anticipation—scents for enjoyment, relaxation, decadence, satiety, calm. Tell-Tale Heart has some of that, but it also has the anticipation of things to come.

Edited by Juushika

While I'm reasonably certain that this is not something that we're going to experience, The High Priest Not to Be Described smells like the downfall of an ancient empire. The incense and blood musk mingle together to smell like bloody sacrificial altars, the herbs smell crushed under foot and the leather tinged with some of the metallic scent from the blood musk evoke conquistadors running through the town square laying waste to everything in their path in the name of God and country. It's definitely an interesting, frenetic scent. A bit specific, perhaps, but sometimes we need a bit of utter chaos in our lives. Keeps it interesting.

I like how Lampades smells, but I can't wear it because it makes me feel like something bad is going to happen any second.

While November makes a fair go of it in the bottle (Hates my skin), I'm still hunting for the perfect yule scent that smells like my house at 5AM on Christmas Morning. Now THAT'S anticipation.