Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
sookster

Rapunzel

Angel's trumpet, bois de rose, orris, and wild lettuce.

I was surprised after I put this on that it didn't have "tears" or some other watery note. I suppose it is the lettuce I am smelling. On me, Rapunzel is a watery green scent. It's light and fresh, and reminds me quite a bit of Ded Moroz and When the Winter Chrysanthemums Go, but warm and springy, rather than cool and wintery. Unfortunately, I don't like the watery note, but if you like aquatic scents, this could be for you!

Definitely a spring scent - very soft, floral with a green clean smell to it. I figure I am getting mostly Angel's Trumpet with the lettuce.

Very nice, but a little too light, floral for me.

This is a sweet green floral. There's something very juicy in the background and I can definitely detect the orris. It's a very very nice scent and I like it muchly- thank you to seismogenic for the chance to try it.

in the bottle it is great, on my skin it like disappeared for a second then came back. Very nice and green/white with some sharpness. It's a nice spring scent though I hope the sharpness doesn't stay around too long!

Nice pick for a summertime frimp, lab! :)

angel's trumpet and lettuce are the strongest at first. A lovely sweet pea note comes out too... probably the bois du rose mixing with the lettuce.

Drydown: the wet notes stay but the orris and bois du rose come out more. Nice!

The only particularly interesting thing I found about this otherwise nondescript floral is that it contains distinctly the same 'lettuce' note in 'Occurrence At the Diner.' Eerily accurate, if not my thing.

This is so beautiful, like sitting out in my backyard on a cool summer's night and smelling the night-scented florals wafting their scent into the air. It's a bit green and also has an aquatic note to it - that note is the only thing getting in the way of 100% pure enjoyment (YMMV, as I personally dislike aquatic scents), but honestly, it's not a deal breaker. This is a simple, yet gorgeous springtime floral. Hard to say much more, other than that I am now a fan! :)

In the bottle: Sweet floral. There is green in there as well.

Wet: Clean and fresh. Very light floral. Not too much of a throw.

Dry down: It is very clean and beautiful, just a teensy bit fruity, not even a hint of darkness. I would go so far as to say it is simple and innocent scent, in the best way possible.

Conclusion: I like this a lot. I'm usually not very interested in floral scents (they like to go soapy on me), but this would be a wonderful scent for spring. I'm not sure what else to say; it is very, very nice.

imp: orris.

wet: this is really strong orris on my skin but i catch hints of the angel's trumpet and lettuce here and there. very pretty.

dry: this settles to a very fresh green floral scent, it smells clean and bright.

In the bottle - A soft, green, slightly peppery floral

Wet on me - A peppery lettuce leaf (I don't know if that's the nature of wild lettuce or just a combination of all the notes)

Dry on me - I'm to too great with identifying florals and I don't know what any of the listed notes smell like, but there's the greeness of chlorophyl along with something soft and slightly sweet with a powdery feel and something harder and more peppery

Overall - It's not unpleasent, but it's also not something I would wear

In the bottle: rose and lettuce, a bit of the ethereal breath of angel's trumpet. this is quite delicate, a green floral. sweet but not death-by-sugar. it's very dreamy, and makes me think of clouds of long hair drifting in a breeze (this is also possibly b/c of the name).

On my skin: the lettuce and rose stay nicely mixed. it's a little stronger on my skin than it is in the bottle, but not in a bad way. still dreamy, and green, like sitting in a garden and being overwhelmed. it's a bit grassy, rather like A Blade of Grass (from Halloweenies 2008). I think of orris as overly strong, but there's nothing like that in here thankfully.

Last thoughts: gardens and dreams, sweetly green. it makes me want to chew on grass stems and bask in the spring sun.

Edited by frecklestars

Rapunzel is lovely and light - as a lot of others have said - very 'spring'. Unfortunately, it reminds me of my friend, Hywel's, Neal's Yard deodorant...I think it's the orris root. I love Hywel, but I don't want to smell of his armpits.

In the imp: Wet, green and floral.

Wet: Hasn't changed much, but it's kind of a warmer, springy type green.

Dry: This is one of the first BPAL imps I ever acquired, about a year ago, and I fell in love with it the minute I tried it. It's a really dreamy green and floral scent. A TINY bit sweet, in a good way. To me, this is what spring and summer smells like (or should, anyways.) LOVE it.

I love fairytales and always have. My daughter, having watched Tangled for the 500th time, wanted to try this one first. On her it smelled surprisingly soft and powdery. It made me think of a pale brown color, which was odd because I figured it would smell pale green as others have said but oddly enough the scent on her did make me think of hair. Now it's my turn;

In imp: Ooh, sharp and green, I smell grass and florals. Very fresh.

On wet: Nice! I get the lettuce note, but it's so immersed in floral loveliness that it's not veggie-like at all. It just lends crispness and freshness to the blend. This would be the whitish part of the lettuce leaf, just ripped in half, not a hint of wilting or browning, as fresh as could be. The florals are very bright. They are quite loud and smell white or light yellow to me.

Dry: This is very soft and beautiful. Reminiscent of Amsterdam because of it's sunny, green freshness. It's strong up close but the throw seems medium. This is a very fresh scent, perfect for those who like clean, feminine perfumes.

In the imp, Rapunzel is all light florals with a watery green note from the wild lettuce. The floral note, while on the lighter side, is still quite bright and just short of overpowering (to my sometimes florally-averse nose, anyway); the lettuce helps to keep things in check. Once it's on, my skin really amps the wild lettuce note, giving a very bright, spring-like, watery green scent with a bit of semi-soapy floral underneath it. I'm glad my skin amps the lettuce note, as I'm not sure I'd be very into Rapunzel otherwise. Highly recommended for anyone who likes lighter scents in general and green scents in particular.

When first applied this is is sharp, green, watery scent on me. I think that the sharpness comes from the Orris. It's a little bit soapy and very clean, kind of reminds me of an air freshner ...

It dries down to something much nicer, the sharpness fades and I am left with a sweet, floral, earthy scent. Even though it didn't start well it changed into something quite pretty. I would consider wearing this on a trip to the beach because I find it quite aquatic.

In the imp: Green, floral, fresh.

On skin, wet: Same as in the imp.

On skin, dry: Slightly soapy green florals and rose.

After an hour: Same as the drydown.

In the Imp it’s sweet and green. On my skin it’s bright, fresh, clean with green watery lemon hints. Lovely.

In the imp - Sweet, lovely and very green.

On the skin - it grows maybe a tad less sweet,and it aquires a sharp bite of something like herbal but it's still very fresh, maidenly and pure, a pale green perfume that tastes like spring and innocence and delicate vitality.

I rate it 5/5 and I might want a bottle in my future.

Edited by SkySamuelle

I had seen this and passed it up thinking it would be an odd scent.

To my surprise when I opened my package of goodies, there was Rapunzel staring back at me!

Th imp smells yummy :) Very fresh and green, very much a spring scent.

It blends beautifully on my skin-- this is the kind of green floral that doesn't turn into awful sour herbal ich, and instead becomes a beautiful light bouquet. Not sure if I would get a bottle, but I'll enjoy the imp for now.

In the imp - Sweet, lovely and very green.

On the skin - it grows maybe a tad less sweet,and it aquires a sharp bite of something like herbal but it's still very fresh, maidenly and pure, a pale green perfume that tastes like spring and innocence and delicate vitality.

I rate it 5/5 and I might want a bottle in my future.

I just want to sidenote that kept wering it and I grew it to love it so deeply I ordered enthusiastically a bottle. It just makes me to feel beautiful and nnocent and young and fresh - full of promise and vitality with sliver of pagan purity.

I'm reminded of the bright, cold sweetness of Dust of Snow and Archangel Winter, both in the bottle and when I apply this!

The primary difference is a slight, watery green undertone: I can actually pick up the wild lettuce. Delicious.

In the imp: Sweet and green, like fresh grass and flowers.

Wet on skin: Still fresh and green, with a tiny hint of limey tartness to it.

Dried down: Faded to a tart, fresh green.

Throw: Not really getting much.

Verdict: *** 1/* Pretty, but I doubt I'd reach for it too often. I do like that it's not a bitter green, but I think for this tye of scent, I'd reach for Shanghai instead.

In the imp: Magical! This is a light, slightly herby-lettucey floral which definitely smells like something out of a fairytale!

Wet on skin: It seems slightly deeper & warmer on my skin, but the overall effect is about the same. This is SO pretty!

Dry on skin: A little more earthy & musky now - must be the orris. I don't love it as much as I did wet & in the imp, but it's still pretty.

After a few hours: About the same as newly dry, maybe slightly more faded?

Verdict: I like this, but I don't know how often I'll wear it. If I get a scent locket, then yeah, I can see this getting a lot of use!