Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sookster

The Sea Foams Blood

Blood rising through an ocean wave.

In the imp: I do get the blood (I get a sharp metallic note and a little spice), but the soapy aquatic note is by far the most prominent aspect of the scent in the imp. Aquatics are often soapy on me, so I do not have high hopes for this one.

Wet: This is SUPER SOAP on me. And now that I’ve written that, I can’t help but envisioning a bar of soap in a red cape, thinking it has come to save the day, when really, it is ruining it. Behind the mountain of soap suds, I detect the blood, which is not making me think of dragon’s blood at the moment (dragon’s blood can be wonky on me and often stomps on other notes), but maybe that’s because I have wandered into the SOAP KINGDOM.

Dry: The blood note, which reads as incense-y to me (and may be the one found in Mithras) has come out more and seems to be getting stronger over time, but there’s still some aquatic soapiness in the background. There is a floral aspect to the scent, but if there’s dragon’s blood in here, it’s not being problematic like it usually is on me.

Verdict: As far as blood notes go, this one is okay -- but the aquatic note is far too soapy on me.

Edited by dementia_divine

First Sniff: White aster, light, clean and like really fresh linen.

Initial Wet Application: This is light and clean and fresh. It’s lovely, but it’s going to fade away.

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): I’m not sure this is even going to make it through the full dry down time; it’s basically nothing already! Nope, 15 minutes in and there’s really nothing there any more.

My Reaction: The first sniff was lovely; freshly laundered white linen snapping in a breeze. But it was just too light to last.

Rating: 1

I have been using this oil for the past 3 months and i was trying to figure out what does it remind me of. It's in the same family as The Deep Ones, but with a more sandy texture. I associate this blend with crushed seashells and salty ocean water washing over the seashore sand.

Surprising. On notes alone I would never have tried it. It's floral and the aquatic dominates, but theres a sweetness underneath. Its feminine and summery.

On me the lab's dragon's blood resin often has a lilac like scent. For the first half hour I enjoy the mix of dragon's blood with a gentle aquatic. After that it is the gorgeous aquatic warmed with a little dragon's blood.

This particular aquatic note is less cologne-y on me than Kumari Kandam (which I do enjoy sometimes). It has a frothy, delicate tone. I love this.

Seas with blood soaked foam give good news to some, mournful news to others. 

Freshly on, a burst of aquatic and sweet-like floral notes. It is a pleasant and wafting fragrance that carries with me every moment it is on my flesh. 

Couple hours later, the sweeter notes start to subside for a more pleasant salty allure where the florals notes are toned down a lot and gives way to what must be a comforting dragon’s blood resin. 

I do not often wear aquatic scents but this one is very enjoyable. It has a short to medium throw but manages to last several wonderful hours. While I may not wear it frequently, I do very much enjoy it. Glad I got this as an imp.

After trying and enjoying The Sea Foams Milk, I thought it'd be fun to try its sister scent.  I purchased this from a forumite expecting not to like it as much as its milky relative.

Well, I was wrong because I absolutely ADORE this!!!  I may even like it more than Lightning, and that's saying a lot.

I apologize that most of this description is comparisons to other scents and abstract concepts, but this is like a lighter version of my beloved (and discontinued) Blood Pearl: fresh, breezy, and just slightly sweet.  Like a pretty, glistening red jewel buried in the sand.  I am in love!  The DBR gets a little powdery a few hours later, but it's worth it.

Edited by Laughing Seagull

I got two frimps with my last order from the Lab, which is unfortunate because this is straight up baby powder with the barest whiff of salt. 

It’s a little more interesting when wet, sweet salty and incensey dragon’s blood, but after two minutes or so it’s just wafting baby powder 😭

Masculine leaning soap. But not so terrible that I have to wash it off.  I like this quite a bit even with the soap, as it reads more like someone has taken a lake and crystalized it.  This is heaps of the idea of salt and the sweetish wafting of DBR.  The DBR is whisper quite on me, not easily picked up.  I may need to slather this to get the full idea. This is a less complex version of Cycling for Pleasure, which I loved a whole lot.

This is a very gentle, pretty aquatic, and it calls up the idea of a flash of red-gold metal on churning water, but i was looking for blood and sea salt so...c'est la vie!

In the imp: Irish Spring soap and dragon's blood. 

On my skin: 

First, given how soapy it is in the imp and how much aquatics turn to soap on me, I should note that I'm a little nervous to even apply. And I do, and it's now mostly soap and a little blood. As it dries, dragon's blood resin becomes more detectable in the skin scent, though soapiness still dominates the throw. 

Okay, no. This is awful. On me, which aquatics generally are (and on me, dragon's blood is not a note that is going to save any blend). I kept hoping it would get more resiny and less soapy, but no. Just soap. Bloody soap. 

I do not get much blood from this at all. It's just salty soap, really. I love the actual smell of the ocean, fish decay and all, so this was a little disappointing. I'll be passing this brand new lab frimp forward.