Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sookster

The Sea Foams Milk

Milk cresting on an ocean wave.

I'm not really sure how to describe The Seam Foams Milk. It starts off aquatic, but more "water at the Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean ride (in a good way)" aquatic than "sitting by the bay" aquatic. It also smells very sweet, like one of those Cow Tail candies. It's honestly a little too sweet for me.

But once it dries down, the extreme sweetness gets less extreme and the aquatic notes get a little stronger. I also smell something almost flowery. The dry scent really nice (I couldn't stop sniffing my wrist!) and it lasts all day. Definitely a keeper.

Imp: creamy aquatic? but not sweet. creamy aquatic
Wet on Me: definitely an ocean/sea note. fresh. upbeat
Drying Down: this is fresh sea water that has this creamy undertow base. not treacherous or dangerous, but more the sand bed the ocean flows over
Dry: the milk keeps this from going 'brine-y' this is fresh and lovely. not heady or to whispy.

It smells like seawater mixed with cream, which doesn't sound appetizing lol but scent-wise it works! Throw is great. It's a sweet, almost gentle aquatic, as though the addition of cream smooths off all the rough edges. I can see how it might veer into dryer sheet territory for some but on me it stays just on the right side of it. For a little while all I could smell was the aquatic in the throw but a little ways into drydown it balances out perfectly. The color impression is a deep but desaturated blue and off white. I think this is almost cuddly, and like, the closest an aquatic can get to seeming warm (blanket warm, not tropical beach warm, it's not tropical at all) Very unique!

Edited by Mermaid-on-Land

I like this one better than The Sea Foams Blood. It's smoother and sweeter, with less of a bite. There's an undercurrent of coconut, and overall a creamy citrus, with just a touch of sea water.

Me and aquatics rarely get along, especially of the "salty" variety. Bad aquatics always turn to soap on my skin, but the rare good aquatic makes me think fresh water grotto or spa. The Sea Foams Milk falls into the latter category. It's slightly soapy, but in such a creamy, clean, inoffensive way, that I can't help enjoying it. It's like stepping out, freshly scrubbed, from a spa bath with extra bubbles.

The aquatics (soap) is most prominent on my skin, but there is a creamy cool backing of coconut milk and something softly floral. I'm enjoying this now, while our weather in the south is just starting to warm up to around 80, and I anticipate this will be lovely in the summer when I just want to smell clean.

The other rare GC aquatics that have worked for me are Vial of Holy Water, Lady of Shalott, Egle, Kumari Kandem, and Y'ha-Nthlei.

Whoa, this is very much sea salt at first - it reminds me of those little packets I would buy for my underwear drawers as a kid. This disappates after awhile and the milk comes in, but not as strongly as I would like. But, still this is a perfect scent for those who want a lovely, sea spray scent.

It's pretty much what it says on the tin. It's a salty sea spray with a bit of creaminess. It comes close to some of those ocean candles, but the cream keeps it from going that far and keeps it nice and classy. It has pretty nice throw and lasts all day. It's not complicated, but it is a winner.

Ozoney, salty sea water, with practically none of the lab's creamy milk note. It's definitely in there, but the ozone drowns it out. If you're into aquatics, you'll love this one - to me, the milk/cream hint and sea salt rankle my nose a bit.

This is all tangy aquatic for the first hour, almost detergent-like. It eventually dries down into a more gentle, creamy note that lasts longer than anything I've tried before--I put it on around midnight and it's still there the following afternoon! I THINK I like it, but that opening hour is a tough one.

edit: What a difference a month makes! It's still a strong citrusy aquatic, but now there's a coconutty milk present very early on that tones it down quickly into something smooth and sweet. This will make an incredible summer scent for me.

Edited by Juliamon

It's not bad dry, pleasant even but the wet stage keeps giving me little whifs of spoiled milk and I'm not sure if I can get past that.

On me dry theres something sweet and nostalgic. Friends agree, it reminds us all of something from our childhoods, but no one can quite place it. Maybe a little baby powder, or something piped into a childs play area? I can see the appeal, but I'm tragically getting mostly sweetness, and not enough salty brine.

In the imp: Sweet, creamy, vanilla, coconut-y milk. 

On my skin:

Wet, it's sweet vanilla and salt -- which, yes, is odd, but not necessarily bad. As it dries, all the vanilla milk sweetness goes away, and I'm left with a very faint salty aquatic -- sea foam, rather than the sea itself. Once things settle down a bit, I can detect the milk note again, only it's much less sweet now, and it's playing in the background behind the sea note. And this is about where the whole thing stays. 

As aquatics go, I like it. The milk note -- which doesn't go sour on me but which my skin eats up pretty fast -- gives this a rounded, creamy feeling while retaining the sea salt aspect of it. The throw on me is very low, possibly because my skin likes to eat milk. 

A creamy salty fresh scent, an aquatic that doesn’t go straight to sharp soap... so grateful they exist! 
The Sea Foams Milk is delightful in its freshness. The milk does seem a bit vanilla-touched, especially in the drydown. There’s a mid-point where the aquatic takes over, and I got worried. Thankfully, the creaminess comes drifting back in with the tide and resumes it’s soothing effect. 
I definitely want to keep this imp for those hot sticky Summer days, where showering doesn’t seem to have any effect. This sea foam will. It will remind me of blue water and the calming tunes of the waves. 

Can’t speak to how it smells on me, but from the half imp my mom spilled on herself and my nosy labradoodle pup it’s a very nice, calming sea breeze scent with a creaminess to it. It reminds me a bit of some of the milky scents Lush comes out with. I especially like it on my puppy! 😁

This was my first try with a more straight forward aquatic.  Obatala is one of my favorites, so I hoped I’d like this.  And I do love the smell, just not on me.  This smells great and is very much the kind of scent I like on my hubby, but is much too masculine for me and my foodie loving nose.  It is very refreshing  and effervescent!  I might try to make him wear it even though he hates oil bases 😂

Edited by JakkieTreehorn

I put this one and was instantly in love. I keep smelling it and it keeps bringing a smile to my face. What a wonderful scent. I can’t pick out the notes they waft and fade in and out like sweet berry. I am in love. 

I ordered this as a fresh imp from the lab.  In the vial, it smells strange.  Watery with an odd tang to it.

I applied two wand swipes of it to my wrist.  Wet on my skin, it is BEAUTIFUL.  I would describe it as a bright, aqua scent.  It conjures up an image of a turquoise rock pool.  As it dries, the milk begins to appear: creamy and just a touch sweet.  Occasionally gets a little soapy, but it's nice soap!  Mostly though, it settles on a scent like coconut milk.  I'd say that the throw is moderate.

Lovely and comforting.

It's simple, fresh, clean, and pleasant.  I think this would make a great office or gym scent.

Edited by Laughing Seagull

This is a gentler aquatic blend for me, which are generally not something I reach for because they ramp up like lightning strikes on me. A couple people have thrown out dryer sheet or Dove soap comparisons, and I would say those are pretty apt.  This would great for long distance travel when you just want to feel fresh and clean.

I'm really surprised I like this one, as I generally don't go for aquatics. Initially, for the first half hour or so it's straight up Irish Spring soap, but the creamy-milk note comes into play and softens the whole thing up. I don't need a bottle, but I have two frimps of this now, and it will be a good choice on those hot summer days when I want something fresher than my usual gourmand go-tos.

In the vial: salt air and dairy, lemony but gentle – not overly sweet at all

On me, wet: clean – even verging on cleaning fluid though nothing harsh (maybe imagine instead a very old fashioned lemony clean smell) this vaguely milky film prevents that- still something that is maybe lemon trees near the sea.

On me, just dried: seaside air, reinvigorating but again soft, from late spring or summer, the lemony-ness has subsided and only the thinnest hint of milk.

After 15 minutes: lemony again, and again the seaside. Dairy is still very vague. The smell of some 19th C maiden regaining her health with constitutional walks at Lyme Regis, and coming home to a lemony tisane with a dash of milk

After 30 minutes: standing in a garden of lemon balm, their broken leaves staining my hands as I gather them absently for tea, while looking out over the cliff for my lover to return from calm summer seas.

After 1 hour: salt and lemon still -

After 3 hours: now the milk veiling the lemon balm and ioded spray of the air, but all quite faint as we turn inland once more, the restorative stay behind us and health returned

Verdict: What an unusual perfume! I was very happy with trying out this frimp – as always, there seems to be a story to be written about the unfolding of the scent and this will thrill someone. I don’ t think this is really a “me” kind of scent to invest in but it was unique and interesting and I know it will be perfect for someone else.

In the imp, this is a clean, creamy aquatic.  The aquatic note takes off on my skin and takes a while to settle down into something that isn't soap or dryer sheets. Eventually the milk comes out on my skin, and it ends up smelling on my skin almost exactly how it smelled in the imp. If you like clean aquatics, this is for you.

It's aquatic with a touch of sea salt but the milk note makes it creamy and sweet. It does not smell soapy to me, but the milk does make it smell almost like a clean scent. On me, the sweetness is stronger than the watery notes.

Interesting, but I don't see myself upgrading. It's almost unlike other scents in my collection because I don't have many milky or aquatic blends, so for that it's worth holding on to. This was a fresh imp directly from the Lab so I am curious how much this will change with age.

This is a clean and fresh aquatic on me. Neither sour nor too masculine.

Dare I say I smell a bit of green in there? Remind me of freshly cut grass or freshly washed hair that's not overpowered by the scent of shampoo and conditioner. Just wet hair, you know?

This is a strong citrus on me - plus, still the wet hair.

The wet hair is neither pleasant nor weird, it's just a bit unexpected?

It could also have some faint violet or other light flowers in it.

It certainly smells like a "freshly washed" scent on me, but I don't get any milk at all. My skin must eat it up and turn the remnants of it into wet keratin I guess. 😅

TSFM doesn't do much for me. It's not terrible, but it's another aquatic that didn't get me excited about it.

Obtained a full bottle in 2018. This one has hardly been worn. My wife loves it, but also rarely wears it. Smells better with her chemistry as it unfolds into a complex femme scent. But on me it has a very strong clean, soapy smell. The ocean/marine note combined with milk is giving me memories of milk body scrub that came in cheap holiday baskets. But this is much stronger, almost sickly. I would advise putting on very little, because this one is an explosion, to my nose at least. Very far throw & wear length. Great for aquatic scent lovers.