Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
sookster

The Sea Foams Milk

When you return go alone, just you and the children and when you approach the beach then call for me:

Zilvine, Zilvineli,
If alive, may the sea foam milk
If dead, may the sea foam blood...

And if you see coming towards you foaming milk then know that I am still alive, but if blood comes then I have reached my end. While you, my children, let not the secret out, do not let anyone know how to call for me.

Milk cresting on an ocean wave.

straight sniff from imp is most definitely the note from milk moon combined with a lightly diffused aquatic embrace...

once applied the aquatic note hits hard yet the combination of the milky, creamy, smoothness makes this
quite comforting...really fabulous...tons of throw and i think this could be a big bottle purchase :P

In bottle/imp: Warm milk and an aquatic sea-like note.

Immediately on skin: This is the same milk note from Milk Moon 07 and Obatala with a heavy dose of salty aquatics. I hated the two aforementioned blends, but in this the mixture of these two vastly different notes is rather nice. It’s soft and creamy, then the aquatic bit almost stings my nose. The scent finishes off smooth and a touch sweet.

After a little while: This is no longer milk and then salty aquatic-ness… it’s milky aquatic-ness. Maybe that doesn’t make much sense, but that feeling of separate notes I was getting at first has disappeared and they’re blended together nicely now. It’s smooth, milky, and watery with a nice salty feel.

Overall Impressions: I won’t lie… I hated Milk Moon 07 and Obatala. Why I decided to take a chance on this blend, I’ll never know. But I’m sooo glad I did! It’s very interesting and odd, but lovely. It has a lovely crisp aquatic overtone over the base of smooth, warm milk. I’m just not sure how wearable it will actually be for me, but I like it enough to keep the imp.

In bottle: That ocean scent with a rich something that does indeed smell rather like cream. Wet: The cream note is fascinating with the vaguely floral ocean scent. I admit to some skepticism when reading the scent description and acquired the imp mostly out of curiosity. The effect is distinctly peculiar, but not unpleasant if one enjoys ocean scented cologne. The hint of salt and the cream are not the best combo, but really the cream warms up the affect of the Ocean, creating something strangely inviting. Dry: The milk fades out first, but remains like a ghost of unsweetened coconut frothing the top of the ocean scent. It’s not a stunner, but it is a keeper if only for it’s alluring oddness.

Milk with the slightest sea salt tang.

It dries down to warm milk, and though it is never a strong scent, nor did it have much throw, on me it lasted for about 12 hours.

Warm and comforting, if faint.

This is really pretty! I ddn't expect to like this one - but, I love Obatala - so, I thought, hey, why not - swipe it on, girl! It reminds me of Storm Moon (I get the same ozone note) mixed with a soft creamy milk note (like Milk Moon 2005) - it's very delicate and sea-like - like a calm day at sea where the waves are mere ripples and the sky is partly cloudy creating soft shadows instead of blaring sunlight - so unusual - worth a try!

There's a moment where this threatens to go all wonky, like an aquatic scent and a can of condensed milk are having a fight.

And then, it settles, and what's left is soap -- not the usual soap, though, not dishsoap. This is one of those bar soaps with "real moisturizing cream," like a bar of Dove. It's very clean and feminine and quite nice. It's not the oceany smell I had hoped for, though.

Cream and milk tend to turn to dusty wuck on me, and this one is no exception. This time it's salty dust, but that doesn't make it any better. :P No love for this one from me.

I agree with the Milk Moon 07 comparison - it's got that milky, slightly tropical feel to it. I actually think I smell coconut milk and maybe that's the aquatics coming through.

After about an hour, the aquatic part turns into dryer sheets.

Dryer sheets, I don't know, I find it pleasant and comforting. Its light and fresh but creamy. Everyone I let sniff seems to like its gentle vibe. Maybe dryer sheets have the same kind of "clean" smell so I can see the association but along with the "clean" there are aquatic and creamy vibes dancing around. Anyway I think this is one that will not bother the people you work with at all yet still spin you into Phoenix Bliss!

I really wanted to love this. I’m always intrigued by milk notes, and I love the story that inspired this blend. I was hoping for a majestic, chilly, ocean and cream scent. Unfortunately, this is more like soapy dryer sheets floating around in canned milk (not so majestic).

After an hour, there’s just a light hint of soap on my wrists, with a creamy edge. Creamy soap. I enjoy Obatala a lot more than this for a milk & aquatic scent, and I don’t even find myself wearing Obatala very often. It doesn't look like The Sea Foams Milk will be a blend that I wind up keeping or searching for more of.

Aquatic + slightly sour milk=this is everything that could possibly go wrong on me. I love the concept; it's lovely, but...eeek. Very soapy.

In the bottle – A cross between sea water and detergent, with a touch of slightly sour milk

Wet on me – As with Sea Foams Blood the ocean wave goes lemony although the milk is still present

Dry on me – It disappears leaving a little milky residue

Overall – It hardly makes an appearance on my skin at all

In the imp: There's a twinge of "generic cleaning product" but with the intended image in mind it is pretty darn spot on-- salty yet creamy and slightly sweet. This is not one I'd buy for myself, but I'm excited to try this frimp from the lab.

Wet: ( I just spilled the damned thing all over my desk... time to slather I guess!) <_< There's definitely coconut in here for the "milk" note.. so to me it's smelling a bit like rubbing suntan lotion on at the beach.

Drying down: I'm surrounded by a cloud of veeery strong soap fumes. The creamy note is very intriguing, but that salty aquatic note (which I liked salty, but is less so now) is quite overpowering. This is a really fascinating scent to try, but I can't imagine wearing it often.

ETA: After dowsing myself with this last night I was laying in bed reading and noticed that the milky note had indeed begun to go sour. Interesting effect overall though.. A+ for interesting conceptual blend!

Edited by MCS4096

a few years ago, The Body Shop had a home fragrance oil called "Steamed Milk" - i love it, but it smells more like condensed milk than anything else.

this smells very much like that (!) and instead of salty-ocean-sea-water that i was afraid it was gonna have, it has the lovely clear water scent - sortof like The Stormhold, but without the vetiver.

this is surprisingly lovely! condensed milk, or maybe rice pudding, and sparkling clear water. now i'm hungry. :lol:

I was hesitant to try this since I can't stand milk notes, but no need. On me there is absolutely no milk in this, i'ts just a straight up salty aquatic. It's actually very pretty so I'll keep the imp, but probably won't need a bottle.

In the bottle: Extremely pale, nearly colourless yellow oil. Sour milk and soapy, salty aquatic. A bit like cologne/aftershave, with some white florals. Vaguely tropical in feel. Not creamy.

Wet: Not so much sour as...citrusy! Almost a little sparkling. Lemon and especially lime, I think. Still pretty soapy, but not any soapier than sniffed. The fizziness is delightful. Ignoring the saltiness, this reminds me a notably of Independent.

Dry: This really makes me think of the beach. Salt spray, suntan lotion...and also summer cocktails, gin and tonic with lime. From a distance I get wafts of cool green cucumber. Up close it's more salty and a little musky - sharp green musk.

Later: Hello, weird green soapy note! Almost like pine or mint, but not quite. In the cold way a lot of snowy winter scents are. It's a bit medicinal. The milk has come out in a more creamy way, possibly with the mentholic stuff as contrast.

Summary: I'm undecided. From several inches a way, it's a faintly tropical and creamy, cucumbery, sea-green, salty aquatic that's clean but not too soapy. From a few inches, it's more intensely soapy/musky with a mentholic edge. Good throw.

I think I need to wear this as I normally would - on my neck - and not just be testing it on a distal body part. If it's mostly as it is from a distance, it's definitely a keeper. Overall, a very interesting evolution which I enjoy at all stages.

Edited by fairnymph

Very heavy aquatics from the imp.. almost sharp, in a way, but somewhat floral and sweet as well.

Wet on my skin it reminds me of something I can't quite place. A laundry product, or perhaps a shower soap someone once had..

As it drys down the milk seems to come out a bit more, although it smells more like an almond milk. Soon enough it starts to remind me more of a soap again, before fading away all together.

It's exactly what you'd expect from the name...aquatic notes with a creamy sweetness. I didn't expect much based on that, but was pleasantly surprised. It's different from other aquatic scents I've smelled, but it's very pretty.

I was intrigued with this one eversince it showed up in the GC.

So I bought one in my last order - along with Sea foams Blood.

I normally can´t do milk notes as they always turn rotten yoghurt/ sour milk on me,

but this one is a gorgoeus exception.

First on, its warm and salty sea-water - heated by the sun and dried on warm skin.

There is a sweetness from the milk that reminds me of - don´t laugh - a babys breath...

sweet and mild and ALIVE.

Sea foams Milk is such a winner for me.

I wear it when ever I can and thank god its GC - I will hoard this to no good!

When I first applied it after I received it,

it smelled different - not THAT good. It needs some days to settle and calm down

but then it is such a gift - I love it.

Thank you Beth - amazing !

Wet in imp - Fresh aquatic notes with a hint of creaminess.

Wet on skin - A soapy aquatic with the undertone of creaminess from the imp

Dry on skin - A soft and pleasant scent, with the soapiness of the aquatic notes calmed down and the milk note has bloomed a little richer. Very fresh and nice for summer.

Sniffing imp it's sweetened milk.

Wet on skin, it smells like milk flavored soap. Not really doing anything for me.

Dries down to sweetened soap on my skin.

This is a wonderful example of Beths creative genius! The Sea Foams Milk smells exactly as described...milk cresting on an ocean wave. It really really does!

In the vial, on my skin and dry this is pretty much the same, a clean, refreshing aquatic scent with a smooth and creamy milk note (like sookster said, the same one from Milk Moon).

A regular person wouldn't think to pair these two notes together, but Beth is scent Goddess with magical abilities. It's true.

'Nuf said. This is awesome...and I don't even like aquatic scents. This one rocked my world. :joy:

The Sea Foams Milk

In the Imp: I love milky fragrances and that's what I smelled in the imp...but I also smelled something vaguely plastic-y again....it must be related to bpal's "water" scents, because I smelled it also in The Water of Notre Dame. Not unpleasant in this case, but still there.

Wet: Oh no...pool toy again...but I've learned to be patient with bpals...

Dry: The sweet milk is stronger than in The Water of Notre Dame here.....but the pool toy still bobs around in the pool for me...

Timelapse 1 hour: Wow! This is the strongest bpal yet on me! I can still smell it after an hour! Now it reminds me of Stila's Creme Brulee without the floral notes, but since I own that fragrance, it certainly isn't disagreeable.

Timelapse 2 hours: barely there again....

Verdict: Since I already own Creme Brulee, I'll just keep the imp, but the scent is light and alluring in an innocent way. Glad to see it offered, as it is truly different.

In the imp: Salt water with a touch of cream (this description isn't appealing but the scent is quite comforting and yummy--previous reviewers have compared it to condensed milk and I agree with that)

Wet on skin: Gah. The aquatic note is going soapy on me and clashing with the milk note.

Dry on skin: Sadly, this didn't work on my skin at all due to the soapiness, but it's nice in my scent locket.