Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
moonstonemama

Egle

Ocean water, hyacinth petals, star jasmine, and fir.

In the imp: As described - aquatic & floral with a little bit of fir tree.

Wet on skin: Ocean is the dominant note by far with a hint of the florals & tree, but it's morphing rapidly.
Dry on skin: Mostly the florals, with a little bit of fir & a hint of ocean water - subtle, but really pretty!
After a few hours: Much more faded & blended together. Hard to pick out any individual notes at this point. Still nice though.
Verdict: This is kind of a weird one, but nice & a lot more wearable than I thought it was going to be!

In the bottle: Powdery fresh green and fruity.

Wet: Fresh green, resinous, some sort of greenish floral with a hint of wood. The fairy tale is Egle, Queen of Serpents (which I am not familiar with), but I'm not sure if I detect any Snake Oil in the blend.

Dry: Fruity, berrylike, but still quite green.

After a few minutes: It reminds me a bit of Yew Trees. Hmm, maybe this is a hint of what I might be smelling: "As she commanded so it came to be: and now the oak, ash and birch are the strongest of our trees, while the willow to this day will shake at the slightest whisper of a wind for she quaked before her uncles and gave away her true father."

This is really, really good. A bit mossy now, with sweet green wood.

Half an hour in it's starting to fade.

Just checked the forum reviews, and there are notes listed: Ocean water, hyacinth petals, star jasmine, and fir. The fir is quite outspoken, which is the way I like it, while the flowers are more submissive. The ocean water must be the freshness.

After first hour: A faint green, powdery fresh sweetness with a definite smooth, soothing coniferousness.

After two and a half hours: A hint of sweet fir.

After 5 hours: A hint of sweetness.

Final verdict: I like it, but I can't decide if I want to keep it.