Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Wicked

A paean to all the Wicked Queens, Evil Stepmothers, and other misunderstood villainesses throughout history and lore. Lends an aura of majesty, refinement, strength, and a deep, brooding malice. A sophisticated, womanly scent: rich myrrh and jasmine draped in the subtlest rose.

this reminds me a lot of Malice. there you have ylang ylang and myrrh; here it’s jasmine and myrrh. i'd say this is softer, more understated than Malice. a soft hint of rose combines with the powdery myrrh and the result is a gentle, almost delicate woman’s perfume. probably my favorite jasmine blend.

Bottle: oh, rose!

Wet: the sweet undercurrent of jasmine is apparent.

Dry: the myrrh is rounding it out nicely. Subtle, complex, womanly in a way I like to think of womanly. Not matronly, not merely feminine, but a woman fully-into-her-own-power womanly.

Later: Lovely, lovely. The jasmine hasn’t stepped in to take over, I am so in love!

I got this as an imp from the lab. To me this is a very womanly "classic" scent. It starts out with a lot of jasmine, and then dries down to a soft rose with Myrrh. While I'm not usually in love with rose scents, this one works really well!

Dark and spicey wood. And that Myrrh. I srsly gotta start checking the forums before I dab these on. It's not as demanding as the other myrrh scents I've tried, but it's still there. This smells more like a mans scent than a woman's. It's.. very odd.

Rating (on skin): 0/5

Summarised in a word or two: Acrid floral.

In the imp: Cold rose and myrrh.

On skin, wet: Eh, rose. Something about this is almost sour; it may be the combination of the warm rose and cold jasmine on my skin.

On skin, dry: I love jasmine, but I can rarely wear it, because it starts to do just what it's done in Wicked: become warm, strong and heady. The rose, which my skin sets fire to, because "amping" just isn't good enough, isn't helping. And don't get me started on the acrid quality myrrh takes on when it hits my skin. This is a sharp, biting, warm, smokey and heady flroal.

Conclusion/Notes: "Sharp, biting, warm, smokey and heady floral" really says it all.

Roses usually go to soap on me, so it'll be interesting to see if this one does the same.

In the imp: Myrrh.

On my skin: The myrrh is so far holding its own with jasmine in the background. No sign of the soapy rose yet.

Later on: Ah, there's the soap. That's too bad since I was starting to like this one. :/

This was a slightly sharp and acrid floral in the imp, an interesting bold rose-based floral while wet... and then went to pure soft white soap when dry. Off to swaps with it.

Hard to believe it took over two years before I came across an imp of this older blend -- I wasn't particularly interested in trying it, but I do like the Wicked Witch associations it conjures up and I just got a copy of the book "Wicked" so maybe I'll wear this while reading it.

In the imp, it's a very ... yes, acrid is the word, jasmine. Kind of offputting, I'm not too fond of it. But I tried it on, and it's a warm, humid day, which is the kind of day that I expect florals to really fill the air around me with a thick, heavy, cloying scent. That's not a bad thing really, I normally can't even smell florals.

It becomes a little bit better on. The rose slowly strengths, and I like the way it mixes with myrrh. The jasmine does its usual unpleasant things...it starts out acrid and then gets an almost sweet, grainy quality to it. It dries down a pleasant memory of myrrh and a powdery dust of rose.

It wasn't as bad as it smelled in the imp but it's still not the kind of thing I'd wear. I might keep it around for that book though. And it never hurts to have some heady florals around for the odd summer night now and then.

I really wish my skin didn’t amp up the Christmas duo of frankincense and myrrh. I know there’s no frankincense in this blend but there is myrrh and it’s trying to completely obliterate the wonderful combo of roses and jasmine. Ever few minutes I’ll get a small whiff of my delectable rose/jasmine but this myrrh has just got to go! It’s still a very “womanly” scent perfect as an everyday signature scent… just not for me apparently.

Thick and floral. I can smell the jasmine when wet but it disappears quickly. The myrrh is the dominate note throughout the dry down. The throw is good and the scent lasts quite a while. Wicked is definately heavy and I bet it would be great in the fall.

This scent is strong and dark. I'm not sure I like it; I prefer something a little lighter. Once it dries, it settles into something more mellow and complex. I think I'll try this one a few more times before I make a final decision.

rating: 2/5

Hey, I quite like Wicked. She was not on my wishlist, but I liked myrrh in Masabakes, and Wicked takes myrrh in quite a different direction than Masabakes does. The primary scent is still myrrh, but the jasmine and rose steer it.

However, it is beginning to give a sort of metallic top edge which, while tolerable, is not something I want around.

I'll put Wicked in the carry-around box, and see if I am feeling Wicked in the next few days.

imp: The myrrh is a bit cloying against the jasmine; there's almost a maple syrupy aroma.

on: The rose appears. The myrrh is still strong, almost dizzying.

I love myrrh, but I'm going to have to give this one another try to decide if I like this blend or not.

ETA: Yeah, I like it. I do still get that cloying note - like overripe fruit, or the water from a vase of cut flowers past their prime - but, somehow, it's all right.

Edited by SultryWolf

This is sweet incense, laced with jasmine and sweet rose. The myrrh isn't as strong as I feared it would be, though it's definitely there. Instead, it's perfectly balanced with the floral notes, creating a powerful feminine scent, dignified and solemn. Gorgeous.

On me, it's all myrrh. The jasmine only lends the fragrance its astringency, but the scent isn't strong enough to cancel out the myrrh. If there was rose in here originally, the myrrh must have killed and eaten it before I opened the imp.

Tested thanks to the GC swap quikslvr arranged!

Wicked does not strike me as particularly wicked in the imp, per se. It doesn't change my mind once it's on my skin, either. This has a gorgeous rose in it, and even though it's a little too floral for my taste, I'm really glad I was able to test it. I'm wondering if I'm not keen on myrrh- I'll have to watch for that note. I don't seem to be allergic to anything, it's just too floral for me. Really well blended, though.

Wow. Another fantastic blend. Wicked is BEAUTIFUL. Floral, flirty, feminine. After a little while the rose shows up and it gets even more beautiful. This one practically lept into my "must have a bigger bottle" pile. Love it

Rose and jasmine, with the jasmine making the rose a dark rose. Wicked is a very heady, heavy scent. I can't stand it. Jasmine and I have a hate/hate relationship. Same for rose. Still, I appreciate the frimp very much!

Wicked - When I first apply this, all I can smell is myrrh. It's thick and husky and is so gorgeous that I can't stop sniffing my skin. It is by far my favorite myrrh blend. About 90-120 minutes after I apply it, I start to detect the scent of something else, something familiar, but I can't figure out what. I look up the scent description and holy cow! It's jasmine: my nemesis. I never thought I would ever completely fall in love so much with a scent that has jasmine in it. I can't believe the jasmine isn't acting up on my skin and amping up to horrific levels. Instead, it's soft and subtle and pretty and plays in the background behind the myrrh. Will wonders never cease? I am simply stunned that I can wear this blend considering it has jasmine in it. Once I read the scent description and see there's rose in it, I can also detect t he slightest bit of rose, but I don't think I would have ever distinguished the rose note on my own. I have had several enthusiastic compliments on this scent and I am adding to my list of GC bottles I need to get. This is a 10 out of 10.

[ETA: After I wrote this review, I did purchase a 5 ml bottle, and then a 10 ml bottle because it's that incredible.]

Yuck. This goes all powdery, girly, sweetness on me. And it's STRONG! My skin is amping it way up. I'm heading up to shower soon so I can wash it off. It's a nice blend but definitely not for me.

In the Imp: *swoon* It smells perfectly of rose and myrrh, just what I was hoping for.

Initial Wet: It smells like a dark, dusty bouquet of dried roses. Gorgeous!

Initial Dry: Uh-oh, what's that sweet-turning-sour smell? *reads description* Jasmine? Drats! Jasmine only works about half the time on me and this one is threatening to go sour.

Drier Dry: Okay, the jasmine didn't go wholly bad on me and now the whole thing smells like old, smokey, dusty dried roses. A lot of the rose notes have faded and it's mostly the smokiness of the myrrh-jasmine.

Overall, I'm still not sure if I like this one or not. I was hoping for a kind of a Velvet meets London effect. I have really liked rose, myrrh, and jasmine before, but the combination of all three of them is kind of iffy. This is the first myrrh blend that hasn't worked completely deliciously on my skin.

Initially this smells sour, but it turns fast majorly into Myrrh, I don't get much else for a while. After a few minutes the slightly sour smell returns, I can recognize the rose this time. I feared the jasmine since I don't like it usually, but here it's only wafting around in the background, and never has the chance to get up my nose.

I have the impression that this is a very womanly smell, very mature. It wouldn't suit me and my appearance, but I imagine it to be very good on the right type of woman.

IN THE BOTTLE: There ain't ANYTHING subtle about that rose. Not on me, anyway. Woof. It eats the jasmine, and as I sniff a second time, it tries to eat my face.

WET: I swear I didn't put on too much. I learned my lesson about that, honestly!

30 MINUTES LATER: I agree with "womanly." Though the woman in question is older than me, and more flamboyant. I guess that's the rich myrrh. Myrrh cracks me up – the name sounds like the preemptive meow of a cat that's about to jump up on your lap and topple whatever you're doing. The rose and myrrh are vying in an epic battle. The jasmine, the scent that "sold" me on this one, said, "Screw this, I'm going home."

ONE HOUR LATER: Yes. You're a rose. A big red rose, so ripe and red, it's black unless you get close. We get it. You've beaten the myrrh and you made jasmine run home to mama. You are superior.

THROW: Yikes. No one had to enter my personal space to get a whiff of this one.

NEEDED TO BE REFRESHED: It didn't – not sure I'd want to if it did. Hmm.

Comments: Well, now I know I like myrrh. It would need to be with different notes, however. I had high hopes for this one, since I generally like rose notes and I LOVE jasmine. The jasmine in this one never really materialized for me.

PURCHASING: Nah. This imp will probably go up for a swap.

Edited by Grifyn

in the imp, it's pleasant, but once it hits my skin, it's all soap and medicine.. like an antibacterial soap! I never got a hit of rose - I think the myrrh and jasmine ate it!

Off to swaps it goes!

The description of this scent is what I was drawn to, but the notes? Jasmine?! Oh dear gods, no. Still, maybe this is a chance to find a scent that won't beat me to death with night-blooming flowers.

In the vial - I'm not picking up any jasmine, just rose on a backdrop of myrrh, which I like.

Wet - Boy, my skin soaked up the floral. All I'm getting is the myrrh now.

Drying - Here comes the jasmine. And wow is it throwing! There is a subtle hint of the myrrh damping it down, but the rose is just gone completely. On a good note, the jasmine isn't morphing into a headache inducer yet. We'll see if it stays that way.

Dry (20 minutes) - It's staying true to the jasmine. There's still a touch of rose and myrrh in the background, but it's hugely wafting. HUGELY.

Overall - Well, the jasmine is amped but not killing me at least. It's still... not me. At all. It's too sophisticated for me, too floral and bitter. Very fitting for the description, but not for me.