Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Wicked

A paean to all the Wicked Queens, Evil Stepmothers, and other misunderstood villainesses throughout history and lore. Lends an aura of majesty, refinement, strength, and a deep, brooding malice. A sophisticated, womanly scent: rich myrrh and jasmine draped in the subtlest rose.

I had an imp of this lying around and just tried it on without knowing the notes.

I got a dominant jasmine (but not a high-pitched one), and the warmth of a little rose, and something that seemed kind of ambery, but not quite. I also got something a bit woody and musky. The rose seemed mostly red, but also a bit pink and innocent.

I read the notes and saw myrrh listed. Then I could smell myrrh! It seems to be the part I thought was amber-like.

I still smell something a little woody and musky in this, at least on my skin. After drydown, the woodiness starts to smell like oudh.

I like this. Think I'm good with the imp, though.

Edited by Casablanca

The rose is indeed subtle in this.  The jasmine is not.  Very jasmine heavy floral.  Sumptuous smelling.  Wicked reminds me of a simpler Obsidian Widow, which I prefer when I do have the occasional urge to wear a heavier floral.   This isn't really my type of fragrance, but if you like jasmine, check it out. 

That rose must be really subtle, because I don't smell it anywhere! Same goes for the myrrh, actually. In my experience, BPAL jasmine likes to choke out other notes, and that's definitely the case here. It's a strong, soapy jasmine, so if you like clean florals, Wicked is an excellent choice for you. It also lasts for ages. 5/10 - in your face soapy floral

JASMINE JASMINE JASMINE JASMINE, then fades to sweet rose with just a hint of resin.  

First Sniff: Jasmine

Initial Wet Application: Jasmine, with some sort of fakey/yucky smell there too. 

Dry Down (first 15 minutes): Within the first 5 minutes this was already fading jasmine. 

My Reaction: While this was lovely, gentle jasmine, it just wasn’t strong enough on my skin. I appreciate the visuals, but I had hoped for Wicked to be sinister and dark, not light and flowery. 

Rating: 2

This is a strong one. I get jasmine & rose first, then followed by myrrh. It has a green smell to it as well. Think I'll wear this during late Summer or Fall.

E-ghads, I tried this before I knew what the notes were. Rose and Jasmine, two death notes. But ok, I'll review.

In the imp, this was very incense rich, which was why I tried it.

Wet, the rose and Jasmine come screaming to the fore, turning it to high pitched soap, causing my predictable scent induced migraine.

Nope, I'm sure it has lovers, but right now it's trying to put me down not in a good way. 😣

Edited by Larinessa

Wet, this smells just like soap. But as it dries the soap note fades away so now I can clearly smell the florals. I'm mostly getting the jasmine note from this, I can't pick out the rose as much. Not sure on my imp's age so that may play a part into why I can't really detect it.

It's pretty, but not that spectacular compared to the other BPAL I've tried with similar notes. Will hold onto my imp, but no bottle for me. I would avoid this if you hate clean and soapy scents.

Wicked reminds me a lot of Poinsettia gown minus the cream. This scent also has the same exact notes as Nyx. Nyx however is "darker", my guess is it has a higher Myrrh content than Wicked which I feel has a very minimal amount. While Nyx is dark, Wicked is lighter and powderier, more of what an older refined lady would wear ( just like an elegant but wicked step mother or wicked queen like the one in snow white.) For those not a big fan of Jasmine I would recommend staying away from this one. Its the strong shrieking kind. The rose kind of softens it but not by much.

I have an imp of unknown age. It's a quite feminine scent, frankly. The jasmine and myrrh are both strong, and I suppose there is a bit of rose I can pick up as well. This isn't for me unfortunately. Way too floral, and it bugs my nose a bit in that burning way.

It is absolutely as described. Rich, sophisticated florals, with and undertone of something just a bit sinister from the myrrh. I feel like this is the perfect scent for a sophisticated villain to plot to. Jasmine doesn't always play nicely on my skin, but this one is definitely an exception, and of course the rose amps on me all out of proportion, so it is delightfully floral. That is good, because I also don't normally like myrrh, so having the flowers dominate keeps it from going too resin on my skin.

A hard no for me - had to wash this one off before terribly long. Aggressively soapy on my skin, with a weird bite, and maybe a hint of scorched urine? I get none of the floaty florals on my skin that I was excited about from the vial.

This is a haughty floral if I've ever smelled one. The jasmine is just barely stronger than the rose on my skin, but they are both wailers. Dries down to a slightly soapy rosy myrrh.