Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Wicked

A paean to all the Wicked Queens, Evil Stepmothers, and other misunderstood villainesses throughout history and lore. Lends an aura of majesty, refinement, strength, and a deep, brooding malice. A sophisticated, womanly scent: rich myrrh and jasmine draped in the subtlest rose.

Right off, this seems dark and pungent. Perhaps I'm getting the myrrh. Overall, this one had a floral/powder feel to it, but not in a the bright cheery way - this is more moody.

I only get the jasmine and myrrh, no roses :P It's an okay scent, but it's so sharp and heady at the very start. Later on it mellows into a nicer scent, but I just can't help think I already own scents like this one, so there's no sense in me keeping the imp.

Ugh. Jasmine - you just take everything over.

There IS myrrh and rose in here, but they have a fight on their hands with the jasmine.

Myrrh gives up and goes home, and rose hangs around for one last effort that results in powdery floral potporri.

:P

Wicked

In the imp: a peppery, almost resiny floral.

On the wrist: it says myrrh, but I’m getting pepper. I can smell the rose, but the two combine warmly to overpower the jasmine.

Ten minutes: the rose and the myrrh (it’s settled now) combine to make a slightly sour or pungent note. I’m not sure I like it.

1 hour: It’s a rose that’s slightly past best, overblown and still clinging to its petals.

Still lasting after three hours, but it loses its definition.

In the imp: myrrh myrrh myrrh.

Wet: MYRRH MYRRH MYRRH.

Drydown: Coriander peeks out from behind the myrrh, and I can get a wee touch of rose and jasmine, but they are both very timid.

Above average throw when it was around, but I applied it at 8 am and it was gone by noon.

This is a very heady, strong smoky floral on me. It smells ok in the Imp, but immediately on my skin makes me want to scrub. HARD. I smell like stale old pot pourri. Ick. My chemistry hates this oil, it's sour and strong and it lasts for freakin' ages (I stuck it out for the whole day, in the hope it would improve). I am amping up a very strong floral, possibly the Jasmine. I don't have enough experience with jasmine or myrhh to know which is the problem. Rose usually loves me.

Oh well. Can't win them all!

Edited for spelling.

Edited by RoseWhite

Wet, Wicked is... powdery-sweet, thick, overpowering, womanly. Kind of scary like your friend's bleached-blonde 50-year-old mom coming on to you. :D

As it dries, the myrrh comes out more strongly and it becomes slightly bitter.

To be fair, this was a frimp; I didn't order it expecting to like it or anything! :P

this is a gorgeous scent, but i almost thought it wasn't going to work at first.

in the bottle the scent is delicious- very floral with a warm spiciness. rose and jasmine are two of my favorite scents, and the mixture, plus the spiciness of the myrrh, makes for a heady combination.

some other people have mentioned this scent is strong. it is, and without realizing how strong it actually IS, i slathered on my usual generous imp-testing amount. strong is an understatement- oh my dear god- this packs a WALLOP. this is a scent that needs to worn in moderation!

as i said, i *love* rose fraagrances, but for some reason the most of the bpal blends i've tried tend to go very sharp and a little too pungent on me. this started out the same, but SO strong it was overwhelming. this kept warring with the bitterness of the myrrh, which just smelled off & wrong. after 1/2 hour i couldn't take it anymore and had to wipe off as much as i could with a babywipe (i was in the car with no access to soap and water). i figured this was going to end up a house scent or in the swap pile.

after an hour, suddenly everything melded together and this scent turned into *heaven*! the rose is clear, dark & velvety, sweetened by the jasmine and warmed by the myrrh. everything is a perfect blend, each scent distinct and perfectly complementing each other.

since i wiped so much off, the scent faded quicker than expected, so five hours after first applying i retouched it with just a tiny dab this time. perfect! it's not too much and it's mellowing and blending much faster this time. some people have said it's too "old lady", but those types of smells suit me well and i like them so i have no complaints there.

i'm definately keeping this one, though with the strength of the scent i don't know if i'll need more than an imp at a time. it'll be perfect for wearing to clubs where a more subtle scent might be drowned out. i've also scented some old dolls and a few other items in my house to see how it lasts and throws that way.

all in all, if worn carefully, this scent is a total winner!

First, I should make it clear that I am Not A Fan Of Jasmine. To me, jasmine doesn’t really smell “floral”- it smells bitter, dark, and sort of musky, like a locker room. I tend to avoid jasmine like the plague.

Still, myrrh and rose are both notes which I adore, so I decided to try Wicked despite the prominent jasmine.

And what a shock- I like this scent. Maybe. Sort of. But I'm definitely intrigued.

In the imp: Urgh. Jasmine, and nothing else. Am I sure I want to do this? Aw, what the hell.

Wet, on skin. Er. I don’t know. How can it be both “jasmine” and “sexy” at the same time? How come I keep putting my nose to my wrist and inhaling deeply even though I mostly smell jasmine?

Dry, on skin: this just keeps getting nicer and nicer. I can’t explain it. The rose becomes detectable relatively soon, which draws me in, and somehow the myrrh is doing…something….that’s making the jasmine smell really, really good.

Throw: Major- one swipe on each wrist and my husband says he can smell me halfway down the stairs. Staying Power: Amazing. 8 hours plus and still going.

Overall: Wicked is very wicked, in a devious way. I’m still not sure if I like it, but it’s certainly made me sit up and pay attention. I honestly can’t decide if it’s sexy or scary. It’s sort of both.

Keeping the imp for sure. I’ll decide whether to buy a 5ml when the imp is gone and I can decide whether I miss it.

In bottle: jasmine on top with the myrrh and rose well blended. I’m not skin testing as I know my skin will just amp the rose.

Bottle: Sickly over powering "old lady" florals.

Wet: Sharp cruel rose... Deep red rose at that dripping with sour jasmine.

I couldn't let this dry on me. My throat hurt and I felt physically sick. I was drowning in a pool of rose petals and there was no end in sight.

I think this might be an aged imp (it looks kinda faded), but it smells a little like suntan lotion and myrrh. I can't smell a single floral. :P It's okay...

Because I tend to amp rose, this smells nearly identical to Rose Cross on me. The resins are slightly less thick and complex -- this is definitely recognizable as myrrh. It has a distinctive dry quality. Not earthy or sweet, just dry and lightly smoky. The jasmine adds an extra dimension and a hint of sweetness, but because the rose is so strong on my skin, it's a very minute difference. The rose is the rich, red rose note that's used a lot in the lab's heady rose blends.

Throw is good. I'm not sure if I prefer this to Rose Cross. The jasmine does add a little something. I think this is a tiny bit lighter and girlier than Rose Cross - it's more personable and less regal - but it's still a mysterious, heady blend.

in bottle: this is one to just put on and not smell in the bottle. wet on skin: wet myrrh, jasmin and rose. dry: myrrh, jasmin and rose. a bit too nana on me, which is unfortunate because it lasts ages and has decent throw! (ha! ha! Could I give my nana a purfume called wicked?!)

In the Imp (wet): They weren't kidding when they said RICH myrrh. This is really heady.

On facial cotton (dry): The myrrh is overpowering the jasmine. There is no rose.

On me: Ah ha! I am amping the rose, but the myrrh isn't giving up. It's an indulgent scent with a warmth not too dissimilar to Penitence or the Lion.

On me, Wicked is mostly jasmine over a faint, soapy rose. The myrrh was present when it was wet, but now it seems to have vanished. I like jasmine, but this blend's a little unbalanced on me. Someone else can have it.

Wicked is not for the faint of heart. Lots and lots of haughty jasmine with a strong undercurrent of myrrh that gives it lots of bite. I think I am starting to detect the rose emerging and it's a dark, elegant rose, not a young and fresh one. This is definitely representative of the long and interesting line of wicked stepmothers and queens in fairytale history. You can almost see the swirling robes of their dresses and catch a whiff of Wicked as they go by in your mind's eye. Fascinating and strong blend.

I really liked this one in the bottle. It smells of a gentle rose fragrance and something sweetly subtle underneath it that I can't really identify.

But when I put it on, OMG :P the rose about knocked me out, and it's only toned down just a bit since it dried. I love rose, but holy wow, y'all. :D

I don't think I can wear this one any more, so it goes in with the other imps for trading.

In bottle/imp: Strong, rich myrrh with a hint of flowers in the background.

Immediately on skin: I smell very strong myrrh and smooth rose in the background. The jasmine is there, but it adds a smoky rather than a floral note to the blend. This is strong and dark smelling. Womanly, but shadowy and dark.

After a little while: The jasmine has gotten much stronger in this and blends nicely with the myrrh. The rose is pretty strong now too. This has turned into a resinous jasmine/myrrh/rose blend.

Overall Impressions: I’m not a big fan of the lab’s jasmine, so I don’t really enjoy this. It is a nice jasmine, myrrh, and rose blend though, so I can appreciate the scent even though I wouldn’t wear it. This scent is womanly and dark… but not downright evil I’d say.

In the vial: Myrrh and a little rose at first, then the jasmine develops as it hits the air.

Wet: The jasmine ramps, but not painfully. This has potential.

Twenty minutes: The myrrh has turned the jasmine into something darker, less sweet, but also less blaringly headachy than jasmine usually goes on me. The rose is there too, but it blends in very nicely with the jasmine. I got this as a long shot, because of the myrrh and rose, but it might be working better than I expected.

One hour: Mmmm, this smells deliciously dark and spicy now, like carnation and clove only without the sharp bite of carnation. Wow, that's a big change; I can't make out any jasmine at all. I may have to keep this one.

Two hours: Mostly dark spice now, but with some sweetness that still suggests carnation-clove. I won't say I'm sorry the jasmine went away, but it was kind of cool when it was still there. This now reads a bit like "Phantom," only not so nummy.

Three hours: Myrrh all the way, but sweet, not bitter. In air conditioning it's quite pleasant; in heat and humidity, it smells tired and labored.

Five hours: Fading, it's gone sweetish. But for most of the time this was really good, in a dark and mysterious kind of way.

In the imp, jasmine...and I adore jasmine. There's also a very resinous note, which is obviously the myrrh...on third sniff, I can just make out the rose as well.

Wet, this is rose...but a deep rose, like the deepest, reddest possible rose. The jasmine is there too. This is gorgeous.

Dry, this is to die for. Rich and floral, with the bite of the myrrh to pull it all together, and make it more than just a random floral...all these ingredients blend together so beautifully, and now I smell amazing. Will definitely be needing more of this.

Edited by maikastar

Oh god. The myrrh in this is gorgeous! So sexy. The jasmine is very powdery and feminine and isn't amping like crazy like it usually does on me. The rose is very sweet too. Very pretty and very VERY girly.

This smells like a public toilet that's just been cleaned on me according to my boyfriend and my mother. I think it smells like tweed talcum powder. Very much an old lady scent and definitely not for me :P

Ok, I need to just admit to myself I can't wear rose blends and be done with it. But instead, I just keep trying them, hoping against hope that one will work. Unfortunately, this was not the one. Upon first applying Wicked, I am immediately surrounded by jasmine. I can't detect the myrrh at all at this stage. As it dries however, the myrrh comes out. But wait, what's that? The longer I sit, the more the rose seems to come out, until all I can smell is screaming ROSE! Sadly, this blend is not for me.