Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
izile

Belle Vinu

Red sandalwood, vanilla, rosewood, osmanthus, and white peach.

In the imp: very green, like freshly trodden grass

Wet: Still very green. All I can smell is sandalwood

Drydown: Rose slowly emerges, as well as the vanilla with some peach in the background. Unfortuantely florals don't last very long on my skin so this, at most, lasted an hour. :sad:

This was a frimp, and I'm amazed by it! Red sandalwood usually hates my skin, but this is fine. It's such a wonderful summery scent, really fresh and happy, the peach is very light and cool, not a sticky plastic peach at all. There's a hint of my beloved rosewood that just adds a little sophistication - it always makes me think of vintage perfumes, since I inherited an ancient perfume casket from my gran, which smells strongly of rosewood - that note always feels elegant and vintage by association :) The vanilla is barely there, just a smooth sweetness. My only complaint would be that it's quite light, I wish it had more throw, but nonetheless it's incredibly fresh and beautiful, and I will need more than one imp! :D

In the imp: The osmanthus seems to be the dominant note here, but I can still pick out all the others.

Wet on skin: Sandalwood & vanilla have taken over (mostly sandalwood) now. The other notes are very faint in the background.

Dry on skin: Peachy, vanilla sandalwood, with just a hint of rosewood! Gorgeous!

After a few hours: Same as dry, only a little more faded. Warm & sweet.

Verdict: This is really pretty! It lasts for ages without ever being overpowering, so it's a good 'everyday' type scent.

in the imp: Mostly rosewood and sandalwood, with a hint of wet peach in the background

wet: a sweet rosewood and a teeny bit of peach dancing in the background, with the sharpness of osmanthus; no sandalwood or vanilla for me, alas!

initial dry: I was really hoping to get some sandalwood vanilla out of this, but it's mostly peach tempered by rosewood right now, with a teeny whiff of something powdery, rendering it a somewhat generic floral; a bit later – not sure if it's a time of the month thing, but now I'm getting something dry and musty/a little musky-feral underneath the floral, it's not great

complete drydown/final impressions: this turns into generic perfume-box scent on me –all muddled florals, wine, and powder; I’m starting to realize that peach is just not a preferred note for me

A generous frimp from a lovely forumite. Straight off my wishlist!

Wet, the sandalwood and peach really stand out. Something a bit sharp and bitter too, which I think is the osmanthus, but I'm not all that familiar.

Dry, it's extremely well blended, to the point that I can't really pick out the individual notes, other than the peach, which is dominant on me. This is soft and feminine and beautiful. Not too sweet. Light throw. Would be beautiful for spring I think.

Trying this one out from smelling it in the imp and liking it. Wet it was a bit acidic, lemony.

Dry, I get no sandalwood and my skin normally LOVES it. I just get rose and more rose with this one. Unfortunately, that's a big fat NO for keeping because my DH hates any kind of rose scents and will tease me about smelling like a grandma. :tongue:

It's a bit one dimensional for me, perhaps the peach is what is doing it. I always find peach "scent" to smell like plastic? This is in the giveaway pile I think...

In the vial I get a deep rosewood with a hint of osmanthus resting over that. On my skin the red sandalwood comes out and the flesh of the white peach reveals itself. Wet this is warm and inviting, slightly floral, and just a touch sweet. I like that it’s not overpoweringly sweet and that the woods and the osmanthus has the ability to truly shine without being overwhelmed.

As it dries I get lovely glimpses of the scent as it wafts a bit. The throw isn’t strong, but just moving my wrist a bit allows the scent to float up to me. There is a moment where the sandalwood and the rosewood seem to fight and become slightly bitter and the peach smells almost overly ripe. That odd bitterness doesn’t seem to be waning either.

Okay, about 10 minutes later and it seems to have stopped being at odds with itself and settles into this softly woodsy scent with a hint of sweetness, some ripe peach flesh, and a touch of florals.

Unfortunately, this lasted all of an hour before it’s vanished from my skin. To be fair, I put no lotion or other products on as I normally do to help longevity. My skin like to eat scents and moisture. So take that with a grain of salt.

Overall, however, barring that weird bitter phase, this is a very pretty, light, sweet but not too sweet blend. Perfect for warmer days and sunshine.

Imp: peach and wood and the osmanthus
Wet on Me: more peach and osmanthus
Drying Down: mostly sandalwood and light floral
Dry: pale and faint. delicate sandalwood

Pleasant but probably will trade the imp

Not really anything like I expected. It's much fresher than I would've thought, given the sandalwood and vanilla - none of the 'warmth' I expect with those two, or even the rosewood. Not much fruitiness with the peach, as if it's not quite ripe yet. A bit greener than I anticipated. Fresh and green, but ultimately not what I was looking for.

Where I'd wear this: To hunt fairies in the Forest of Dean, April

This one will require another testing but I think I like it?

Something in this is trying to go sour on my skin but woods as a whole tend to work well on my skin and are keeping this fairly stable. The vanilla and the peach push this to the sweet side.

The longer it's on skin the sweeter and warmer it becomes. It had been slightly powdery, but both the softness and the powdery feel are burning off.

I don't know if I'm going to want this to wear alone but as a layering blend it has space in my box.

Edited by starfish327

In the imp: Lots of sweet peach, sandalwood, and rosewood with some vanilla.

Wet: The white peach and rosewood are the first notes that leap out at me. I also get a lot of the red sandalwood and some of the osmanthus. The vanilla is present, but not a main player at the moment.

Dry: The rosewood and osmanthus end up playing pretty big roles on me when it is first dry, with the sweetness of the white peach and more vanilla than before. After a while, the red sandalwood reasserts itself, so that I get sandalwood, rosewood, white peach, and a little creamy vanilla.

Verdict: I was really curious about this one for a long time and was excited when it came back in stock so I could grab an imp of it to try out. Tamora was a little too sweet on me with its peach and heliotrope. This is decent, but peach in this is pretty sweet too, and I’m not sure how I feel about it in combination with these particular resins. I am going to hang on to my imp and retest it once it has aged.

Wet: Rosewood. A LOT of rosewood, with some of the red sandalwood as well. I don't know why, but there's something almost aquatic-like and juicy in the background as well. Maybe that's the white peach?

Dry: The rosewood has chilled out a little, and isn't so in-your-face anymore. The aquatic-like note from earlier is gone, and this is basically just a combo of rosewood and red sandalwood now.

Not for me!

I'm glad I finally got to try this! The rosewood is definitely apparent, with something powdery hanging out around the edges. I would guess the osmanthus. The sandalwood and peach are in the background, but I wouldn't be able to pick them out if I didn't know they were there. It's not quite as nuanced on me as some other people found it to be, and I'm ok with that. It's nice to finally have a somewhat straightforward rosewood scent.

At first this is all peach, very sweet and threatens to go peach candy on my skin for a moment. The sandalwood and rosewood quickly swoop in to ground the scent however. Don't get much of the floral on my skin, but the vanilla picks up towards the end. The rosewood and powdery sandalwood make an interesting pair with the peach, very feminine and youthful.