Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Butter Rum Cookie

A boozy addition to the devil's bake sale! Rum-soaked butter cookies, crusted with sugar, soaked in almond and garnished with orange rind.

I tried the '08 version of this a while back and for some reason I cannot remember now I just did not get on with it. As I'm a forgiving sort and believe in second chances, I decided to order it this year and see if we could work through our problems.

Consider them worked out in full.

This blend is warm, golden sugar cookies, soaked in rum and then sprinkled in orange sugar. I'm all over this and you'd better believe it. Someone close to me who I love beyond description has a real thing for sugar cookies and this scent reminds me of him and then some - which evokes feelings of comfort, love and nearness. It's gourmand to the max, this one, but it's also playful and sort of sexy because of the spice.

I'm in the mood to bake now. Mmmm, deliciousness.

Foody, bready scents never work well on my skin, but even so I took a risk with this one (I can't eat cookies, but maybe I could smell like them? Please?). Sadly, it doesn't get along on me. I get some sort of stale cookie batter and some funky citrus, and then it vanishes pretty fast altogether. Sad.

2013 version

This version is definitely more oranges and rum than butter cookie on me. I get hints of almond.

So before, I found the butter nauseating, it is much more manageable in this version.

Tasty, toothsome, orange cookies.

I tend to amp any alcohol scent like woah, put this is really, really nice. It smells like something between gingerbread cookie dough and shortbread. Very much a cookie scent, with a touch of spiced rum to give it a really Christmassy feel. I think it works so well because it's a very subtle scent - it's great if you want to add a bit of sweetness to your life without the need of a strong perfume.

BUTTER RUM COOKIE '13

In the Imp: Wow. Boozy, buttery, sweet. Hints of almond.

Wet: Buttery, sugary, slightly almondy, slightly cinnamony.

Drydown: This smells like pure sugar cookies at one stage, and then dries down into a scent that is very similar to Pumpkin #5 '07 on my skin.

Verdict: Since I already have a bottle of P#5, I don't need this. Nice enough though.

3.5/5

In the decant: Buttery rum with some spices.

Wet: Warm butter cookies, fresh from the oven.

The dry-down: Turning a bit dusty (the almond) as it dries, with chunks of orange rind in the mix. A yummy morpher that goes full circle back to the spicy butter rum. Nice!

2013 version

Gorgeous, edible sugar cookie with a hint of rum and orange. Oh dear... :thud: After a bit, the spice starts to assert itself and it's primarily cinnamon. It hasn't veered off into craft store territory but it's bullying the cookie into oblivion, which is quite disappointing because I adore the cookie note. It ends being more cinnamon cookie candle. Sadface :(

Just as described, but with a bit of spice. I would like to eat this, but I don't really want to smell like a cookie. Foody lovers should be all over this!

this is yummy spice (is it the almond that's cinnamony?) that basically overpowers the sugar cookie. no rum on mine

not the right mix for me

Edited by Roogna

Starts out as described, a butter rum type cookie. After a bit, becomes more spicy. I would like to eat something like this but not to wear. Still, this is very comforting and foodies would be all over this.

2008 version, and as much as the same year's Sugar Cookie works on me, this does not.

Even after a few years of aging, this is just unbearably overpoweringly boozy and sweet, and cloying on me.

This is going to go into the swap pile, so that someone can really, really enjoy it.

Wet: Cookies, rum, sugar, and... more rum!

Dry: The orange rind and almond have both come out, and the rum has died down some. I'd say this is a lightly citrus-almond cookies, with a splash of rum scent. Almond is a note that works pretty well for me, and it's freaking glorious here.

I want to eat this.

Review is for the 2008 version!

This turned from sweet buttery and slightly boozy cookies to cinnamon potpourri within a span of 10 minutes on my wrist. It's not bad at all, but it was not what I expected. It's pretty much a cinnamon single note on me! :wacko2: