Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Butter Rum Cookie

A boozy addition to the devil's bake sale! Rum-soaked butter cookies, crusted with sugar, soaked in almond and garnished with orange rind.

Wow, this smells exactly like it should! A buttery, sugary, rum cookie! Heavens, I'm about to eat myself!

I wasn't sure I would like this because I generally avoid almond, and orange can be iffy. Here, however, they both work just as well as they do in Fruitcake. I guess if you pair them with cookies or cake I will like them. :P

This to me smells like the love child of Fruitcake and Crumpet Rebellion. It is the buttery pastry from Crumpet, with almond and orange instead of berry. The booze isn't strong, and there's some spice to it. I LOVE this. I wore it one day I knew was going to be rough, and the scent of it wafting from from my neckline was a balm to a stressful day.

Rum and almond at first, and though it doesn't burn me and isn't listed in the notes I smell spice in this. It's got hella throw, too, just dabbed a little on my wrist and hours later it's still wafting all around me. Rum and almond dry down to a warm, buttery, bakery smell that doesn't go sour in the least. HEAVEN. Mmmm.

A.

Butter Rum Cookie-

In Bottle: This has an aggressive spicy note, and there's a hint of alcoholic rum.

Wet: That spice is very bold--it smells like curry! Though there is sweetness I don't get alcohol once it hits my skin. It's sort of like a curry smoothie.

Dry: Very true on dry-down, that strong curry spice and sweetness lingering. Interesting scent though it doesn't evoke butter rum for me on my skin.

Overall: Sweet and interestingly spicy foodie scent.

I am not too sure I like this. It starts off extremely powerful, very spicy and sniffing from the bottle almost overwhelms me and not in a good way. This is definitely butter cookies soaked in rum. I think it could be too boozy for my liking. The sugar note comes across as almost burnt brown sugar, and I can barely detect orange rind.

Well time is always a best bet for some BPAL scents. After this had dried on my skin, the rum and spice seemed to calm down and the other notes started to appear.

I think this is going to be one of those scents for me, that goes on very strong, and you just have to persevere to the end.

I will admit that I do prefer Sugar Cookie over BRC.

Yep, that's a butter rum cookie, all right. *g* It's a bit boozy without being overpowering, just slightly sweet and a bit spicy. Definitely going to need more of this.

This is damn impressive. It's better on skin than in the bottle, and it smells EXACTLY as it should.

Husband walked by and said "You smell like gingerbread. Or spicecake. Or something." It stings my sinuses a bit until it dries, and lasts a VERY long time - when I woke up this morning, I could still smell it, and the cat was trying to lick it from my wrists. Ack!

This is extremely foody, and I won't need more than the bit I have, but it is certainly a fun scent! :P

Butter Rum Cookie smells EXACTLY like the molasses/ginger/cinnamon cookies my dear husband's late great-grandmother made. We have the recipe and make them in the winter for special occasions. This smells EXACTLY like those cake-y, soft, delicious, hot from the oven cookies smell.

When I close my eyes, I can picture him as a small boy, standing on a stool at the counter, helping his nana mix up a batch of these cookies.

I am officially verklempt. Beth, you are a genius. Thank you.

straight sniff from imp is the bestest ever cinnamon, rum, molasses cookie....positively

drooooolworthy!!

once applied this reminds me so much of arcana's sugar solstice that i cannot justify buying

a big bottle...it is scrumptious beyond words and if you have not tried it, what on earth are you waiting for?? :P

Oooo this is yummy! Wet it smells like Butter Rum life savers which I adored. It dries down to something spicy and buttery. Very very nice, a definite keeper and I'll need a bottle me thinks!

I was a bit worried that this would be too spicy for me, but it's gorgeous and not at all overwhelming. This smells like the best, fresh baked sugar cookies, rolled in cinnamon sugar. It's not really boozy on me and I don't smell any almond or orange that I notice.

This is perfect - just a gorgeous, spiced sugar cookie :P. Sometimes spices (especially cinnamon) give me a headache, but I'm loving this blend, even though it makes me crave Christmas cookies.

I'm so glad to have a bottle of Butter Rum Cookie, and I'll be buying at least one more before it's discontinued. :D

Edited by Tania

WHOA this is spicy. Cinnamon? It's not burning my skin but I'll have to test it straight out of the shower one day to be sure. This smells like spicy snickerdoodles with a very, very faint citrusy zest floating on top. Very festive and warm and cozy! If my skin is able to tolerate this one, it's a bottle for sure.

OMG, a foodie scent that I really do like a lot. I love the spice and rum, so I shouldn't be too surprised I guess. This is not as sweet and cloying as some foodie blends, for example Sugar Cookie does not work for me, too sweet and in your face. There is a "milky" element in this too, that I really love, not sure where that is coming from, or rather what it might be. The cookie part of the scent is what I expected Sugar Cookie to smell like, but didn't. I do believe a bottle is in store for sure.

eta: I got a compliment from someone today about this scent, saying I smelled very festive, like gingerbread. I guess it had dried down, and sure enough, this is almost exactly the same as gingerbread poppet to me. I went to the movies, and my daughter said after I got back to washroom. Mom, some kid says that something smells like gingerbread in here. Yes, it is too much like GP for me to justify a bottle now..

Edited by milo

smells lovely in the bottle, weird and tangy and not very cookielike on my skin. I might let my brother try this one. If I had to pick a gender for it I'd say it's male.

In the bottle: almonds rum and butter. Mmmmm

Wet: nutty, not specifically almond though.

Drydown: Smells like red hots! Really really hot ones. Reminds me of a similar note in Pinched with Four Aces. I'll have to see how this changes over time. I seem to get only the spice after about a minute, which is nice, but not what I was looking for. I like the smell in the bottle much better.

This is like a richer, cinnamon-laden, slightly spiked version of Sugar Cookie. I :P it!

I was wary of the rum being too potent, but it's not at all! It just gives the cookie a little "kick". I'm mostly getting buttery snickeredoodle. It's very good and definitely bottle-worthy! :D

In the bottle: Very Very buttery- alot like Hesues (sp?) De Santos.

Wet: Butter disappears and a spicy cinnammin starts amping up.

Dry: Spice softens a little into a more sugary cookie scent.

I agree with everyone else who says it's calming. This is a great Yule because it makes me think of drinking spiked eggnog while eating warm snickerdoodles :P

mmmm....what a perfect holiday scent. On me it's wonderfully sweet and spicy, though not nec. a cookie scent. Luckily, it's not very rummy on me, nor am I getting any almond from this. I really thought Sugar Cookie would be my favorite between the 2, but I actually think I like this one better. I love the spice in this one more. :P

ETA: Once it's fully dried down a delicious smokiness comes out. It's not a burnt smell, just smokey. I definitely need at least 1 bottle of this!

Edited by Femme_Fatale

This Cookie becomes the 60 ft Sugar Monster!! Butter Rum Cookie is very strong, and the mapley sugar smell stomps on every other component. Very similar to the initial stages of Sugar Moon and Sugar Skull on me.

I wore this to work the first day I got it to try it out. Two people said "someone smells like gingerbread". Truly this scent does smell like home baked cookies. One person said all I needed was an apron and the picture would be complete. Now for my personal view on the fragrance. It is very strong, a bit boozy, which I expected. Something I did not expect was the smokey scent that appears as it is drying down. This is not as foody as other bpal scents and does lend itself more to cologne/perfume than some of the other bpal foody blends. While this is not for me I do see many people loving this.

In the imp: I opened up my decant of this, and the second a drop touched my arm, I was like OH MY GOD WHOAH THAT'S STRONG. Strong stuff wet.

Wet: STRONG. I get cinnamon and orange, but this is spicy orange, not sticky orange.

On the drydown: A little less strong. I get a hint of rum, lots of cinnamon.

It's weird. I'm SUCH a foodie girl. I LOVED Gingerbread Poppet and I love Eggnog 07 (and it had a rum note, right?) and this.......there's something off about this on my skin. I can't even place what it is. Is it the cinnamon? It's like redhots spicy instead of cinnamon spice to me. I don't get any cookie feel to this.

I was sure I'd get a bottle of this, but now that I've tried it, I don't think I will. Color me shocked.

I really don't like this. Even though Pickled Imp is one of my favourites, this is just awful on me and really strong/spicy.

Plus it burns.

:P

I really dig this Yule. There's a definite strength to it (my Dad remarked, "woo, that's strong!"), but it's not offensive. He smelled it right after I put it on, so I think the strength is mostly right on application. It dries to a tasty treat (though I don't detect any orange peel).

This could be one of my man-catchers (the way to his heart is through his stomach, right??? wink)

Butter, rum, and... pasta spices?

I don't get it. There's definitely something oregano-ish/pepper-ish in this. It's mixing with the cookie smell and it's just not working on me. Oh well...

this is an odd little scent, here. Wet, it's a mix of rum and amaretto. Then it dries down into a smokey, spicy, dry, delicious scent reminiscent of Haloa and to my nose, nearly identical to Posset's "Halloween" scent this year. Cinnamon that doesn't smell like stale gum on me is a plus, as well- cinnamon that doesn't give me a RASH is simply wonderful. By far my favorite of the Yule blends this year. I also don't get the pancake syrup smell that I dislike from a lot of the "sugar" note containing perfumes. Instead it's a carmelized, burnt, smokey scent that is sweet without being cloying or sickly. Very nice!