Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Phobos

Twin to Deimos and child of War, Phobos is the embodiment of terror and mortal fear. Chilling white musk, lemon verbena, white grapefruit and lemongrass.

In the imp, it was YES, but on, it just smells like lemon pledge. It dries quite quickly into a fresh lemon scent, I don't get cleaning product anymore. I really do love lemon scents, and most citruses, but I like Embalming Fluid and Phantasm better. This is a little too "lemon candy" for me. I'll probably finish the imp in the summer months, I don't dislike this, but I probably don't like it enough for a bottle.

This starts off bright and sharp and citrus-y on me. All lemon verbena & grapefuit, which I love. After a few minutes the musk starts to come out and mellow the sharpness and citrus of the scent. After a little while this scent starts to go Dorian on me - wha-huh? Fresh, brand-new Dorian, when the bottle is new and the scent is just dabbed on. There's a hintof grapefruit still, which saves this from beign too sweet. Even after an hour it doesn't seem to lose the lemon verbena, which is my favorite part of this scent. It's just been mellowed a bit by the musk.

I'm not getting any of the Fruit Loops or cleaning products that other people are, which I'm relieved about.

This was a frimp from the lab, and not a scent I would have bought on my own. However, I think I might like this one and want to wear it more, but I don't think this will be a bottle scent. (Then again, come the hot, sticky days of summer I may change my mind.)

Lemon Pledge. I wore it for 25 minutes and it I just reeked like house cleaner. :ack:

It was bitter and astringent in the bottle and on my skin. I had to wash it off and cover my wrists in snake oil!

Maybe I should apply less and find another scent to blend it with.

(Discontinued version.)

Wet: Very, very lemon!

First on: It's just screaming lemon, really. Fruity and green and bright.

Dry: Unchanged on drydown. It's nice for what it is, but I don't think I want to smell like a lemon.

Edited by Melissa Della

I opened this Imp and was all ready to love it. Lemonheads candy is what instantly hit my mind.

Wet: Very lemon-y but something sweeter coming through... I likes

Dry: Still lemon-y, but it's fading quickly... and theres a baby powder-ish scent coming through (the musk maybe)

A hour later... I had to wash off. The lemon was extremely faint leaving me with a smell that reminded me of baby-powder and pee. I guess the white musk is a no no for me.

:(

Imp: Lemony with a shot of the bitter horror I know to be grapefruit.

Wet: The white musk and lemon notes would be so crisp and nice for summer if only that grapefruit weren't lurking.

Dry: It almost works but not quite. Off to Mr. Isis' test pile since I promised him I'd find some stuff for him in my huge test pile. He may like this.

All sugary lemon with only the slightest drop of powdery musk. Not a good match for me, I'm afraid. Phobos smells like sticky citrus candy and furniture polish. Alas. :(

sharp sugary lemon with a hint of verbena. this smells like a perfect summer lemonade. however, I can't see myself wearing this scent at all. I might keep the imp just for sniffing, though.

Imp: freshly juiced lemon

Wet: Cutesy lemon lollipop with some musk behind it that's not blending

Drydown: Well the musk is gone. Now it's back to lemon lollipop land

Darned this stuff is nice. Smells like sweet lemon tea or cake on me. This will be great during those hot, dry California summer days. I love it.

Lemon! Lots of lemon like everyone else :) Started out as a dead ringer for Pledge, but now it's mellowing out (thank goodness). Still a bit synthetic smelling, but there's a hint of musk coming through. Invigorating and refreshing seem like tame words to describe this one ;)

This is an awesome citrus blend. The lemon verbena and grapefruit are light and sparkling, and the lemongrass adds a tang. The musk gives it a bit of depth. I really like this, but Husband says it smells like Pledge, which subsequently ruined it for me.

Edited by crebbsgirl

I never really expected to like Phobos, I hate nearly all things lemon with a passion, except for fresh lemons themselves.

I received this imp, and gave it a go, just for the sake of having tried it. And it is lemon all the way. I get a vague sense of lemongrass, slightly green and fresh, underneath the overpowering lemon verbena. It's also a little "dry" smelling. But there is no way this is ever going to be for me.

The best way I found to wear this is to lightly layer it under Swank, letting the juicy pomegranate temper the lemon scent a little. This way it smells like I happened to spill some mixed drink concoction on me. :)

If you like/love sweet lemon scents I think you'd really love this, it's very accurate to it's description.

Inside the imp, I'm getting lemon and grapefruit.

On the skin, this starts out as tart, fresh squeezed lemon juice. Have I mentioned how much I like adore lemon notes?

Through drydown, this is staying very firmly lemon and light musk. I really can't even detect the grapefruit note that I smelled inside the imp.

I love this and really want to get a full bottle of it. :heart:

Biting fresh lemon. I wanted something more wearable than Phantasm and had hoped the white musk would mellow the lemon. Not so much. Lovely fresh scent, but don't know if I'll have an occasion to wear it.

In the imp I get all lemon verbena, all the time- more herbacious than actual lemons, with that herby, succulent quality behind it that makes my mouth water.

On, it's an immediate explosion of bright-yellow from the lemongrass and lemon verbena, with a little tartness from the grapefruit, but it settles down fairly quickly.

Once it's dry on my skin I'm left with a few hours of warm, sexy musk and lemongrass. I think I might have to layer it with something that has sandalwood or an incense note in it, because it's killer sexy on me but I could wish that it had a little more depth.

Definitely in the running for a bottle, for me. I never get the LEMONS! smell that everyone else is talking about, but I love me some lemony herbals, and I'm developing an appreciation for the things that musk can do with my chemistry. Mmm.

Wet: Lemony lem lem lemon!!! And joy of joys! This lemon is NOT the cleaning fluid variety. It's real lemon, slightly sweet.

Dry: Lemon fades and musk takes its place. It's very nice but it feels like something is missing. I agree the Phobos wants to be layered.

I still like it though.

This is so weird. I cannot for the life of me figure out where it's coming from, but under the strong and tart lemon and grapefruit there is a whiff of something else. I had to sniff and think for several minutes until I figured it out -- it's the smell of a rawhide bone that's been chewed on. After the BBQ scent and flavor they baste on those things is gone, there's a peculiar, doggy, slightly rancid odor they get, and that's what I smelled when I tried on Phobos.

It's very very faint, and Mr O looked at me like I was crazy when I explained it to him, so obviously not everyone can smell it; but I smelled it distinctly and had to wash Phobos off.

In the Imp: very lemony, but more the herbal lemony than the fruity lemony

Wet on Skin: lemon verbena, maybe some lemongrass

While Drying: still heavy on the lemony scent - very nice

After a Little While: something softer is coming through - the white musk?

Later: almost all the lemon has disappeared and I am left with a very faint light musk - not bad, but not wow

Final Thoughts: decent throw, love the wet stages

Phobos earns a 3.5/5 on my skin.

It smells like lemongrass, but sweeter and sugary. I could see why some people thought of Lemonheads. I like it though. It doesn't smell like a cleaner to me. After a little while it gets a little grassier. Reminds me of summer. I hope I get a bottle by then.

Gah, why is so much citrus mixed with white musk...sigh.

While imped and wet, phobos is a distinctly bitter, nose-prickling citrus to me. Unfortunately, as soon as it starts to dry down, I amp the musk like wtf, and what's left is a cloud of overpoweringly sweet musk with a bitter undertone.

Hoping a friend has better luck with this.

Edited by skyelyric

imp: very sweet and lemony.

wet: this is brisk, bright, sweet lemon. like the most tart-sweet lemonade.

dry: yep, this reminds me of lemonheads. now i'm feeling all nostalgic. :yum:

LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON! LEMON!

(then a wee bit o' grapefruit and it is gone)

Might as well just opened my bottle of lemon essential oil and sniffed it, it would have been more natural lemon and not this overly sweet lemon drop lemon.

Not sure what this has to do with Phobos. To me, a lemon is far from terrifying, ok, the only thing scary about this one is that the lemon scent WON'T GO AWAY. You cannot scrub it off. I guess it is horrific in retrospect!

Edited by Madame Nyx