Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Dragon's Tears

Bittersweet yet powerful: salty aquatic notes and bursting with dragon's blood.

it's somewhat reminds me of tears or jolly roger's salty water... but the dragon's blood definitely gives it a bang. it smells oddly familiar, but i can't place it.

and i have the urge to lick a salt lick now... (ok, not really, but i smell that tangy freshly licked salt lick smell, from my grandfather's farm)

In the vial: Dragon's Tears is dragon's blood, but with salt. It's bitter, sweet, floral, and salty all at once.

On me: the dragon's blood intensifies and the salty comes behind it and makes it smell very bitter.

I'll probably try it a couple more times before I decide if I really like it or not.

Ooooh definitely salty and slightly metallic. The Dragon's Blood in this one is very visceral and yes, bitter. Like quantum spice, this smells really familiar to me. This is bringing up a memory of something that I can't place.

When Dragon's Tears dries down, it mellows and sweetens up a bit on my skin, ending up almost floral. I really like the way this smells after wearing it for a while.

I got a sample of this with my last order and I loved it as I thought I would. I am a big fan of most of the dragon's blood scents and love aquatic, so I was pretty sure I'd like this. It is aquatic and grounded with the dragon's blood which really gives it staying power. I only tested this a bit from the imp....I didn't slather like I usually do, so I can't really give it an accurate review yet. It's gorgeous though.

EDIT: Merged this post and the next into the existing topic. --Shollin

I love Dragon's Blood but I wasn't sure about this as I haven't tried many aquatic scents. This was a freebie from the Lab so I was glad to be able to sample it before buying a bottle. This is definitely a salty scent and those notes mingle well with the Dragon's Blood, toning it down a bit. Its warm, delicious, and wet - one of the few scents that I want to lick off my arm (I love salty and sweet together :P ) It's a subtle scent on me, something you couldn't smell unless you were very close. I'm not quite sure what mood this fits but I'll definitely buy a big bottle to find out :D

FIRST SNIFF: dragon's blood, slightly floral

WEARING IT: dragon's blood is the primary note for me ending with watery florals and a pinch of salty air at the very end, which is almost undetectable. as it wears i get a whiff of lilies.

VERDICT: i liked it better in the bottle. as a side note, it's a very beautiful cherry colour :P

This was a freebie in my last order! Yay!

In The Bottle: Dragon's blood but with a salty sea spray undertone. Mmm.

On Me: The Dragon's blood is more floral than it usually is on me. Normally its a bright cherry smell, but this time it is a lily-ish floral scent that is VERY strong. There is also a bright salty scent that reminds me of the beach.

This is a tropical bush on the top of the dune of the beach, with the salt spray blowing into the blossoms. The flowers are that thick smelling scent that makes me think of night-blooming flowers for some odd reason.

Big bottle time!

Wow this is uber salty with a hint of dragons blood, its quite biting.

Not really one I can wear personally but its an interesting variation to the Dragon series.

at first: this was a freebie from the lab. sweet, but in an incredibly watery way. the same way kool-aid is watery and sweet, but, obviously, it doesn't smell like kool-aid.

on: a light red, sweet, thin liquid. this is definitely watery. i really like it.

6 hours later: more of an incensy kind of sweet now, not as watery. it's very nice, though.

overall: i probably wouldn't have gotten this for myself, but i like it. i'm not sure if i'll end up buying it in the future, but i'll enjoy using up my imp.

I've worn Dragon's Tears all day and, while it's all but gone unless I deeply sniff my wrists, I have to say that I have loved it from the moment I put it on. It's so far my favorite dragon's blood scent. And I want more of it so that I can slather and reapply. YUMMY. :P

Dragon's Tears was a scent I'd been wanting to try for awhile and thanks to the generousity of the lab (yay freebies) I was able to do so.

First sniff

Very strong aquatic scent. I can't make out the Dragon's Blood at all, just an overflowing salty note.

When wet

Ah there is the Dragon's Blood. Odd when I had this on before there was no trace of it but I think the power of Perversion sort of canceled it out. The dragons blood and whatever aquatic notes (I think I can smell Juniper & Mint not sure though) really work well together. It tones down the salt and the bitterness.

Drydown

Ooh very subtle now. The aquatic scent outlasts the dragons blood but only by a smidge. It's a very light scent now, sort of the calm after the storm. Not as strong as it was before just a faint memory.

Aftermath

Dragon's Tears had me very skeptical in the beginning but its beautiful drydown and staying power have won me over. I don't know if its worth a bottle yet but I will most definitely use the imp up.

This is like Tears, but with dragon's blood added. Red, watery, and salty instead of green, watery, and salty. It somehow smells warm instead of cold, like a salty mineral hot spring maybe. Interesting, I like it.

I got this as a freebie with an order.

The only other Dragon's Blood I've smelled is Dragon's Bone, so I'm not sure exactly what it smells like, but I like Dragon's Bone and I like this one. It's almost a second skin scent on me, and I find it very sensual. A tiny bit goes a long way. When I breathe it very deeply, I get an image of stephanotis, or maybe jasmine, gardenia or magnolia, what they smell like when you put your nose right in them - on salt air. I can see this as being extremely tantalizing, worn in very minute amounts. I can't stop nuzzling my wrists. I would put this on my collarbones and hope a guy had the same reaction.

It's lickable.

Slightly salty and the usual resiny sweetness that is Dragon's Blood in the bottle.

Wierdly the initial phases of this gave me no salt whatsoever. Instead I got a very lily-like smell, a strong sweet floral underlayed with a touch of dragon's blood sweetness, and no saltiness. This didn't last overly long on me, but now smelling my skin there's a faint touch of saltiness left behind. It's a very odd, beautiful scent and one I would certainly keep were it a little longer lasting on me. As it is I'll take the sculpting idea it gave me and add the perfume to swaps.

Dragon's Tears

...is interesting in the way it is so full and deep, yet light and aquatic at the same time. How do they DO that??!

It's spicy, clean, light-yet-powerful.

Very soothing, calming...exactly what I've been looking for! This would be excellent dribbled into a hot bath.

Dragon’s Tears

Swiped across wrists and along collarbone.

Initial Wet (8-8:30am): This goes on light, sweet, juicy and very red. I am imagining a waterfall in an enchanted forest, surrounded by burning bushes at the peak of their color, hawthorn and holly – with their bright red seeds. Very calming and cathartic.

Initial Dry (8:30-10am): This sweetens up a bit and gets progressively brighter. It is now juicy and red, and very sweet. It is also a tad warmer, like the sun at high noon, shining down through the trees, casting shadows upon the forest floor, next to this waterfall – with the burning bushes and hawthorn and holly. The sunlight glistening in a nearby pool … utterly enchanting.

Throughout the Day (10am-3pm): Wow, this fades fast! I catch faint whiffs every now and then, but nothing like the potency of before. It is back to being juicy, sweet and light … very light.

Nearly gone by 3pm – but definitely worth keeping the imp. Besides, the hubby likes Dragon’s Blood. *grin*

I'm so glad the lab included Dragon's Tears in my last order because I probably would've overlooked it. From the bottle, it smells sweet, not so much salt, but as soon as I put it on I got a vision of the beach, specifically a wooden fence on the dunes covered in honeysuckle vine with a salty breeze off the ocean and someone somewhere selling sweets. I really like this, though it doesn't last as long as I'd like, perhaps mixing it with lotion will make it last longer. Very nice, beachy scent, but not necessarily a "summer" scent because the beach is fine all year long.

Duing dry down this is so subtle that I almost feel like I should go slather some more on. It builds though to a very Tears-like fragrance, although sweeter.

Dragon's Tears definately has something in common with the elusive Tears. As I love the latter I also find myself liking the first. Not nearly as much as my SO though, who adores aquatics even more than I. He swears that he smells jasmine. In fact he claims that is the most prominent note on my skin.

Final thoughts? I definately like it, but think that I like Tears a little more. The SO on the otherhand prefers this one, so I guess I will be keeping both.

I really like dragon's blood, so that part of this scent is no problem.

The "salty aquatic notes" however... they smell like my kitchen does the morning after I've cooked salmon for dinner. I made my boyfriend sniff and he agrees, the opening is sort of fishy. That does fade into a more generic aquatic note after a few minutes, but I don't want to smell like fish for *any* length of time. I'll stick with my other dragon's blood blends, I think.

First sniff: Oh, I like this. Dragon’s Tears reminds me of Tempest – the same sort of rain-over-salt-air scent – but with a wonderful round warmth holding it up.

Wearing: It’s definitely seawater, and the scent on my skin is much cooler than it is in the vial. It’s pretty, but I’m not sure it’s different enough from the other salt-air scents. The redness and warmth I usually associate with dragon’s blood fade quickly under the salt.

Dragons Tears is Fabulous! :P

I get the same wonderful ' second skin scent' that Fulltiltredhead describes and yes, its a very sensual scent.

Subtle but with great staying power. It has a touch Stephanoitis or is it Gardenia? its a very clean and slightly soapy scent.Not at all overpowering though.

It reminds me the scene in Scent of a Woman, when Al Pacino describes a kind of expensive french soap that the gorgeous young girl he dances with is wearing. I have always wondered what that might smell like(and wanted to smell like that!) and after wearing this for a few days now, this is what I imagine it is!

Definately a big bottle! :D

I've never smelled dragon's blood, so I'm not entirely sure what it smells like. But I wanted to give it a try and I figured since this was the aquatic blend of the Dragon's series, it'd be a safe bet for me.

In the vial

Wow, it's such a pretty red color! Is it the dragon's blood that's doing that? I smell florals caught on a salt-laden ocean breeze. Mmm, I like this!

Wet

The florals bloom on my skin, like all florals seem to do. I swear I'm getting a whiff of jasmine, maybe gardenia. There's some sweetness lurking in the background that I can't identify. Is that the dragon's blood, I wonder? The sea spray is mingling nicely with it. I feel like I'm standing on a beach, right before a storm -- the waves are crashing and the wind is sending sea spray across my face. I love that smell and this is what that smells like.

Drydown

There's a resiny sweetness mingling with the florals now. I'm assuming that is the dragon's blood. It's faintly metallic in the same way that blood is metallic. The sea spray breeze is lingering, making the flowers seem slightly watery. It's very lovely and comforting. I want to lick my skin.

Final Thoughts

This is a second-skin fragrance. It's subtle, but very much so there. I see a bottle of this in my future. :P

This is soooo great! I wore it today, and it was soooo yummy. I love that its so juicy, yet soft. I love it, and I'm so happy that I have a nice big bottle. :P :D

Mmmmmm.

*pulls head from arm*

Thanks to the generosity of eldritch, who first pointed me to BPAL, I got this only days after placing my first order along with two others to soothe me while I wait. :P

I love this.

In the bottle, it smells like the beach: salty and sweet.

On me, a subtle floral scent came out -- and I LIKED it. Right away when it touched my skin the salty was very much muted while the dragon's blood decided to play 'presto-chango'.

I also had Kali and Tzadikim on, when I started to notice something smelling like honeysuckle. A few sniffs and I realized it was the Dragon's Tears! It smells like honeysuckle, very, very lightly, on a salty breeze. It is incredibly clean and just faintly dusty, or powdery, again like the air at the beach.

Keeper.

I WUB YOU, ELDRITCH. :D

How very unique! An aquatic, salty scent with a *floral* note. Oh, I like this very much.

This is salty, like Jolly Roger, but not too salty. It's got more of a traditional aquatic note, more watery, less oceany - if that makes any sense.

I really like wearing this, though I think it's definately a summer scent. It's fresh, but pretty mature, unlike a lot of summer-themed scents. I think that the staying power is pretty good, at least 4 or 5 hours before a reapplication, which is great for an aquatic scent on me.

As to those who say it smells very familiar - my boyfriend says that it smells like Tommy Girl, though he doesn't know a damn thing about perfume and the girl who told him she was wearing it could have been insane, or lying. I've never smelled Tommy Girl.

This one's in a three way tie for my next big bottle with Kali and Fae, so we'll see. I think Kali will win out because this, like Fae is a much better scent for the warmer weather.