Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
clephan

How long do bottles & imps last?

Following on from the 'where do you store 'em' thread, can I ask those of you who have been at this for a bit longer how long their BPAL perfumes have lasted?

I try not to keep store-bought perfume for over 12 months as I've found they tend to change scent. As these are oil-based rather than alcohol-based, I'm guessing that their shelf life is less.

I know that this will vary according to how often I open the bottles, and where they are stored (currently in the USPS box, but closed so they're in the dark!) but any personal thoughts would be good to hear :P

Ta.

Steph.

How long will this stuff last? Will it ever go bad?

Our herbal incenses and bath infusions will last for over six months, and the oil blends for over one year, if they are cared for correctly. Please keep all of our products in a cool, dark place to maximize their shelf life.

my experience with oil vs alcohol based is that oil tends to last longer than alcohol -- for instance, when i came back from studying in france, i brought back two perfumes (one oil based, one alcohol based), the oil based is still going on strong three and a half years later, and the other one had to be thrown out about a year and a half after i returned. they were from the same parfumerie, if that makes any difference in your mind.

Just curious as to how long it takes for people here to use up a 5 ml bottle.

How often are you reapplying the oil during the day? Are you using it on skin, or as a room scent, etc.?

Hope I am not duplicating another thread...

Thanks, guys.

It takes me forever to finish a 5ml if I'm using for just perfume. If I'm using it as a room scent or to make lotion or something, it goes a bit faster.

I usually only apply once or twice a day...just a drop will do you so it doesn't take much.

I usually finish a fragrance when I use it to slather on myself or in my oil burner. This takes me about 3 months. This is for performance, I reapply very often before and after performances, They go really fast for me. But it gives me the opportunity to try more!! I try to keep them in catagories,

The daily;

These last a while, I use them only as perfume 6-8 months(O, Sol, Capricorn)

dancing, These go by fast, 3 months (seraglio, Dragons Heart)

sleeping, Every night perfume 6-8 months (Oneiroi, Yuki Onna)

But then I do switch oils to suite my mood. Also some oils are stronger on me than others so It all depends. I just like have a large selection!!

Since November, I've managed to finish two Imps. No 5 mls., but I have a ton, and I rotate through them like a crazy woman.

My 10 ml. of Old Morocco is about 5/8 full, 5 ml. of Snake Oil is about half full, 5 mls. of Tamora, Queen Mab, and Bewitched all 2/3 full, and Samhain corked bottle about 5/8 full.

Oh! I take it back - I have been through a couple of 5 mls. I realized when I went in to look at the bottles that I am on my third and final 5 ml. of Snow White.

:P

Edited by jj_j

I realized when I went in to look at the bottles that I am on my THIRD and final 5 ml. of Snow White.

THAT'S JUST WRONG.

I am SO jealous. :P

I realized when I went in to look at the bottles that I am on my THIRD and final 5 ml. of Snow White.

THAT'S JUST WRONG.

I am SO jealous. :D

:D

Would it make you feel any better to know that I poured samples off for those desperately in need until I got down to the last bottle? :D

Bought it, got it, loved it, immediately bought more. At least I did one smart thing this year! :P

it took my mom about a month to finish off an imp, so i anticipate it taking her about 5 months to finish off a 5ml bottle.

If only used as perfume, an imp lasts me about two to six weeks, depending on which one (snake oil really requires only a drop, Envy can be slathered on a bit more freely).

Well, I put Snake oil up for swap because the bottle (5ml) will never finish. Got it end of Januari and it´s still about 90 % full. I used it quite much during the cold times.

Imp´s do last about 10-15 royal uses (except Embalming fluid, used it in 2 days :P )

Wow .. yet another question I had that I just hadn't gotten aroudn to asking yet. Cool!

The way I see it is this .. if the imps/bottles last from a couple weeks (for the imps) to a few months (for the bottles) Then that gives me a chance to try LOTS of new scents as I run out! :P

What could possibly be wrong with that, after all!

I use a lot of oil. I have very dry skin, so it really absorbs on me. I also put some in my lotion and in my fragrance free soap, as well as make bath salts with them......thus they go fast, especially if I like them.

I'm not sure where to post this question, but....I'm soon purchasing a few 5 ml bottles, and I'm just trying to get an idea of how long you guys are finding they last.

I know that we all tend to use scent in different amounts on our skin (some of us are teeny dabbers, some drench ourselves). But just on average, if you wear a particular scent a few times a week, how long can I expect the bottle to last?

I'm getting both Tombstone and Ann Bonny by the way.

I tend to just use scent on pulse points.

Thnx

Velvet

apologies if this has been asked to the nth degree...

I had my first ever order t'other day & already I'm realing that I can't live without some of these scents....

how long do 5ml bottles last for you? I'm having trouble picturing how big they are (well, 5mls obviously.) & how quickly I'd use them. I don't like wearing the same scent everyday, if that helps.

thankyou :P

This is what it says on the BPAL website...

How long will this stuff last? Will it ever go bad?

Our oil blends will last for over one year, if they are cared for correctly. Please keep all of our products in a cool, dark place to maximize their shelf life.

Hi Sarahjay, congrats on your first order! :D

I'm still waiting to receive my first 5ml's- but I thought I'd post anyway :D

In answer to your question, I think it depends on which scents you have chosen. For me Dana O Shee is a very light scent which needs frequent reapplication. I think that I would get through a 5ml quite quickly, so will probably order a 10ml. Some of the other scents I have tried i.e Gluttony and Bliss, last forever on me. So much so, that I think it'll take months for me to even use up my imps.

Ok, well that didn't helop much did it?:P

If you like to chop and change between scents, I think that 5ml will go a long way. Bpal is deliciously pungent :D

I just used the last of my 5ml of Blood that I bought in Nov of last year. I did not wear it every day. I guess it depends on how often you apply the fragrance. :P

I have a bottle of Virgo that's about 90-85% full and I got it at the beginning of this year. I think it really depends if you slather the stuff on or not.

How long a bottle lasts depends on 1) how often you wear it, 2) how often you have to reapply and 3) how strong the fragrance is. For example, I have a bottle of Dana O'Shee that I have to reapply from LIBERALLY probably three times a day. But I also have a bottle of Water of Notre Dame that I just put a dab of on and it lasts all day and then some!

I've never finished a 5ml. The one I've had for the longest would be the 5ml of June Gloom and that's still above 80% fullness. I use oils sparingly so my imps last forever too. I just now finished off my first imp. (then again I'm pretty much in heavy rotation all the time, so I rarely wear the same scent twice in a week.)

Edited by Summerpixy

thankyou :D

I'll stick to 5mls for the time being then, and see how I get on...

I expect I'd rather have a variety than just a few anyhow :P

I got my first ever 5mL with Red Moon...dude, dude seriously, this stuff isn't going to last me very long. :P I apply it just a touch too liberally (it kinda falls right out of this type bottle top) and fairly often (compared to how I normally did perfume). But that's mostly due to the icky humid St. Louis summer terrorizing my BPAL. :D

My order for a 10mL of De Sade was put in a few days ago and I can't wait for it to get here!! That is so deliciously amazingly good smelling I want my bf to bathe in it!! :D