Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Morrighana

Sweet Clove

Clove, clove, and more clove. :P Very true to life and deliciously spicy!

This reminds me of the Lush product Pied de Piper. Mmm, delicious!

This is a very strong, spicy clove. It stays very true on my skin, and has pretty good throw. (I can still smell it a bit after 3 hours, and most things fade quicker than that on my skin.) This smells exactly like Adam's Clove Gum. I wish I had enough of this to layer with all my other scents.

I mostly grabbed this one to train my nose. This is very warm and spicy, and reminds me of pumpkin baked goods. I've used this with Pumpkin Patch 2 to temper the sweetness. It would probably be nice with Jack as well. :P

In Bottle: Pure potent clove

On Skin: Spicy and very sweet, I’m instantly reminded of the holidays. My mother cooks a lot with cloves and this reminds me of a German Saurbraten she makes with a gravy heavily spiced with cloves. It smells pleasant enough, but I’m not a big fan of clove, it’s a bit overwhelming and I don’t like it as a fragrance. But still, I’m collecting the Single Notes to help identify each note in Beth’s beautiful blends so it was great to try this one.

Sweet Clove

In the imp: clove, pure and simple. That gorgeous, warm, spicy and festive scent. This is the clove from Three Witches.

Wet on skin: it’s not very strong on my skin, and is a little bit drier than the scent in the imp.

Dry: dry clove. Just like sniffing a jar of cloves. There’s a hint of dry smoke about this as well, as well as a sweetness and a slight creamy or citrus/orange like scent. This is lovely, and reminds me of Christmas, mulled wine and pomanders, and also chai tea. It’s a very true scent but it’s a little bit too faint on me.

After a while: this is gorgeous after about half an hour. It’s much smoother, less dry, fuller and sweeter, with an almost creamy feel to it. This is what made Three Witches (the original) so wonderful.

Verdict: this is a straightforward clove scent, but such a genuine clove scent. It’s like sniffing a jar of the spice, or rubbing cloves on the skin. It’s quite a complex scent-as well as that warm, rich spice, there are hints of smoke and citrus to it, as well as a little sweetness (of course). A gorgeous, festive scent, lovely for the cooler months, the autumn and winter festivities. It starts off a bit faint, but then it warms up over time to become a fabulous, full bodied, smooth clove note. I love it, both on its own or for potential layering.

Emoticon rating: :P

Sweet Clove - I absolutely LOVE the smell of sweet clove! I enjoy it in various blends, but I don't like it on my skin. However, it's still a gorgeous scent and one that I could see using constantly in my oil burner if I had a full bottle. It's very true-to-life, spicy, and simply wonderful.

In the imp: shockingly enough, like cloves. mmm hot sweet spicy clovey goodness.

On me, wet: hot, dry sweet cloves - slightly dusty-smelling, I guess, but very very rich and vibrant.

On me, dry: sweet and creamy and spicy - this is not as bitingly hot as it was at first, and softer, but still rich and delicious. Lots of throw, considering how sparing I was with my application.

Verdict: Oh, so glad I got to try this - and fighting the urge to want more of it hard. Lovely.

Spicy goodness! I could sniff my wrist all day. Definitely clove - I bet this would spread wonderfully as a room scent. Definitely has just that *touch* of bitterness that clove has, but it's definitely sweet as well.

Mmmm. Sweet spicy goodness - this is a richy clove note, but with a moistness that is beyond the spice cabinet and makes this very wearable.

Mmm... here's the clove note that I love so much in Red Rose. Clove, sweet and strong.

I could really use more of this. icon_wink.gif

ETA: Strong, spicy clove. 10+ years however have affected its potency though. Much softer than what I remember.

Edited by zankoku_zen

I saw a bottle (!!!) of this for sale in a non-BPAL sales group recently and had to grab it, even though I was trying to be on a low-buy. I love clove, and I know that coming across the old single notes (especially a whole bottle!) is pretty rare.

This is a spicy type of clove, but it's not a cinnamon-y clove like Indonesian Clove SN. It's actually pretty gentle and sweet. It stays fairly close to the skin, but that may just be due to its age (I mean, it has to be 14-15 years old now). That said, it hasn't disappeared after several hours of wear. I vastly prefer it to Indonesian Clove. This one is much more clove-y. I will happily wear this on its own, but I think it will also be nice to layer it with some other scents from which I wish I got more clove.

I am so happy that this beautiful cobalt bottle made its way into my collection. Now I just have to remind myself to use it and not just sniff and hoard this beauty.

Edited by doomsday_disco