Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

After the 'mystery imp' thread,

Who sent me this imp and what is it???? argh.

It may even have come from MUA for all I know but there was no return addy on the mailer.

It is very dark, almost the colour of Red Musk, but I have sniffed that and it aint it.

It is not as red coloured as Dragons Milk.

It's almost masculine on me, very musky, but also 'warm' and woodsy.

I am pants at describing scents, by the way.

It could hold amber, musk, vanilla (slightly) the weenciest drop of cinnamon possibly but maybe not.

I'd bet there are none of these scents in it though: rose, berries, 'green' scents, ocean, citrus.

it actually smells like a LUSH shop, you know, when you walk in the first time?

I thought it may have been any of the following but it wasnt:

Glasya (but I think its too soft - G is more smokey)

Lilith - its not feminine enough

Dragons Milk - DM is sweeter but it stains my skin yellow just the same

Help?

:P

Might it be Typhon, Umbra, or Love Me? I can't remember what colors Typhon and Umbra are but I think one of them is red.

Couldn't be Typhon, that one's brownish-red and very dark.

Lab pictures would be so helpful, wouldn't they? :P I think Anita_Blake said her imp was very dark...perhaps clarification would come in how much browner than Dragon's Milk her imp is.

So I thought I'd update you all on the mystery scent...

Well, it might be Vice after all. I sold it to another forumite because I didn't like it that much, and she said it smelled a lot like the imp of Vice that she has, but fruitier and less chocolate.

The weird thing is, it smelled NOTHING like the imp of Vice I have, nor the 5 ml of Vice that I swapped to yet another forumite (those two smelled the same, BTW.)

I was going through my imp box and I wondered whether it was Sacred Whore of Babylon? It is more brown and less red than Dragon's Milk and smells vaguely like Lush in the imp. Did you ever work out what it was?

Having never been in a Lush shop, I wouldn't be able to compare to that, but the description of the color, the list of notes it may contain/doesn't contain, and the staining-the-skin aspect, my first thought is that it sounds an awful lot like Snake Oil...

Bring it up with you and we can sniff it together... I've tried Snake Oil and it is quite thick and stain-y, though I didn't get enouigh vanilla to tell. Blood Amber is very red though.

That's because it's an up and coming scent: it's a new one that the Lab hasn't released for sale yet, so it isn't on the website.

This forum has a really powerful search facility. If you type in 'kweku anansi' then it takes you to two results, the second one down is the three page review thread in the 'up and coming' section.

Please note also that this thread is for questions *about the forum*, not general ones. I've asked for this to be moved to the BPAL chatter thread.

Resurrecting this thread to ask...any new word on Ingenue? I see it's in the discontinued section on the forum, but on the search engine on the main page, it comes up under current scents. And I searched and searched for an official discontinued announcement from Beth, but I couldn't find anything. The only two things I could find were back in Feb. of 2004 when Beth said she f*cked up and accidently deleted it and that's why it didn't show up on the site, and then again in May when she said that she had to temporarily pull it along with Hemlock and Wolfsbane, but that they would be reintroduced on June 7th. The latter two were reintroduced, but not Ingenue. I keep forgetting about it, but then it keeps coming up in main page searches when I'm looking up scents with notes that I like. And Ingenue sounds lovely...melon, violet leaf, water lilies, clover, rose....I want it!!!!

So any word on what happened to this one???

Edited by spaceprostitute

I'd be interested to know about this one too. When I was planning my imp pack for the Cold Moon order I chose my scents by doing searches for currently available scents with various notes, rather than browsing the categories on the site, and Ingenue definitely came up as a current scent.

To make a long story short, I ordered it as one of my imp choices (it sounds so freaking gorgeous), not realizing that its availability was a mystery, so to speak. So, I guess when my order comes I'll be able to report- I'll either be getting Ingenue or a surprise imp.