Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not (I did a search but was too tired to get creative in my searching and this is in the right "flavor" of my question/post).

What do you all do when you have a mystery imp? I have an imp here that the label where is completely gone. I think I may know what it is, but if it is what I'm thinking, I don't have any more for comparison. I've never had this happen to me before.

Honestly, I've never had a mystery imp...that would be kinda fun!

But, what this does seem like as good a place as any - what does it smell like? What do you think it is? Inquiring (work avoidant) minds want to know! :P

But, what this does seem like as good a place as any - what does it smell like? What do you think it is? Inquiring (work avoidant) minds want to know! :P

Totally off topic but this would be a fun game/contest to do if a BPAL convention does happen. A Sniff Off! You have to identify as many scents as you an b smell alone. That would be so awesome :D I don't know what the winner would get as they no doubt would have everything already -lol- maybe just the title of Master Sniffer, BPAL addict first class.

I'm thinking that it's Foundation of Fortune or another TAL blend. It's a medium, amber brown color, spicy smelling - not cinnamon or clove. It could be pepper and/or ginger. There's also a strong resiny smell here - I always get frankincense and myrrh mixed up, but I"m thinking one of those....

it is kinda fun having a mystery imp - but I was kinda at a loss once I discovered it because it's never happened to me before!

Tramp - ZOMG! I love that idea - that would sooo cool!

Totally off topic but this would be a fun game/contest to do if a BPAL convention does happen. A Sniff Off! You have to identify as many scents as you an b smell alone. That would be so awesome :P I don't know what the winner would get as they no doubt would have everything already -lol- maybe just the title of Master Sniffer, BPAL addict first class.

This is a spectacular idea! You should mention it somewhere in the posts about the first BPAL convention... this should TOTALLY be one of the events!

I don't know if this is the right place to post this or not (I did a search but was too tired to get creative in my searching and this is in the right "flavor" of my question/post).

What do you all do when you have a mystery imp? I have an imp here that the label where is completely gone. I think I may know what it is, but if it is what I'm thinking, I don't have any more for comparison. I've never had this happen to me before.

I got a huge lot of imps from eBay, two of which were missing labels, and I knew that one was Marie the instant I sniffed it (and the fact it was clear like the labeled imp of Marie I had tried confirmed it in my mind). As for the other, I have no clue; but it isn't a scent to die for that I absolutely must start hoarding immediately so it's no GREAT loss. I guess if your unlabeled imp isn't familiar enough that you know by heart and you can't do a side-by-side comparison with another, it will have to remain a mystery unless you feel like nabbing another imp of the suspected culprit, won't it? (admittedly, I don't know if TAL offers imps...)

I know the answer is going to be so simple that I'll feel silly, but does anyone know where to find a scent called "Oblivion"? I've done searches on the Lab site and the forum and can't find it.

It's on the website, in the Love Potions section.

"Hibiscus syriacus, white sandalwood, lily of the valley, apple blossom, and green fig. "

Oh my gosh I'm about to go insane!!!!

I've been searching the forums and review threads for about..oh let's say 25 minutes now...and I need some help!

I have an imp of "Tum" I know I've seen the reviews somewhere (maybe) either in unreleased, or discontinued scents. But I think it's gone!

It's taken me about 10 mins to find this thread just so I can ask..... *checks himself into forum training 101*

Who is this "Tum"? and where does she come from?

It's not very nice either :P But it just so happens to be my random imp picked out of my box to use for the next couple of weeks!

Can anyone help out a poor fellow?

Ouch! :D

I've been searching the forums and review threads for about..oh let's say 25 minutes now...and I need some help!

I have an imp of "Tum" I know I've seen the reviews somewhere (maybe) either in unreleased, or discontinued scents. But I think it's gone!

It's taken me about 10 mins to find this thread just so I can ask..... *checks himself into forum training 101*

It's not very nice either :P But it just so happens to be my random imp picked out of my box to use for the next couple of weeks!

Tum is one of the Stations of the Sun scents, from the Excolo category.

Tum is one of the Stations of the Sun scents, from the Excolo category.

Yay thanks...............mwah!

don't feel bad. you couldn't find it using the search engine, because it will only search for words with at least 4 letters. a very odd and annoying feature.

But fear not - there's a comprehensive list of review topics for scents with unsearchable names right here.

That is one of the greatest threads ever.

I've always wondered why Two, Five, and Seven isn't searchable, even if you use the words... does the search engine automatically convert the words to numbers or something? (Though this doesn't seem to be an issue for Thirteen/13... curious!)

I recently when thru a box of Bpal bottles that I had hidden away and found Bpal bottle with a flaming heart that is wearing a rose crown.. but has no name Just Bpal logo. I remember buying this bottle but have no idea that it is. Oi...

It was hidden away with bottles of Chaste Moon, Honey moon, one of Beth's experimental blend #3 and a few other lovely LE so think it was from 2004 maybe 2005. Anyone remember what this scent is called? Know it is not Living Flame found that bottle too but now there is this bottle on my dresser taunting me. :P

Got a frimp from the lab a while back, but I can't find any information on it. Do any of you know it?

It's labeled URD.

Thanks in advance.

It's a catalog blend, and the reason you can't find anything on it is because it's got a 3 letter name. Reviews are here. Its description is as follows: "Muscadine, black and red patchouli, cereus and nag champa." It is in Excolo. Hope that helps!

With the help of the lovely shriekingviolet, I finally figured out how to get my "hard-to-find scents" list into a more visible location. Check out any of the review subforums, and it'll be right at the top.

Hope y'all find it useful. :P Any questions, additions or other fixes, please feel free to PM me!

With the help of the lovely shriekingviolet, I finally figured out how to get my "hard-to-find scents" list into a more visible location. Check out any of the review subforums, and it'll be right at the top.

Hope y'all find it useful. :P Any questions, additions or other fixes, please feel free to PM me!

Just noticed that, Sholl! Great idea :D definitely useful!

hi all,

I am pretty new here, but am showing distressing signs of BPAL addiction. I recently got a batch of imps from e-bay including one of aglaea, which I really like (also my partner really likes) I have found recent reviews on the review thread, but cannot find it on the BPAL site. The search tells me it is to be found under the gratiae, which are not listed in the catelog?! Is this scent discontinued? or am I somehow missing it when I look?

thanks

mudspinr