Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

[uncontrollable glee] :P

Ahh, dammit. I'm giddy like a schoolgirl.

Based on the idea of obeahmanism, this sounds pretty cool.

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic/awakening101/obeah.html

AHH I AM SO EXCITED NOW.

I just dabbed some on. Strong. White and green and warm all at the same time. Smells like there may be a citrus note, maybe a light patchouli? I wish I were more familiar with masculine scents...There is something so familiar in here, but I can't catch it. Maybe there is the slightest hint of pine or cedar here, but not in a way that makes me feel sick (like Goneril did -- sorry). This is clean and clear and...as it's starting to dry, something darker is coming. I will update with more details.

Hello,

I wondered about these mystery scents as well. I just got one called "Obeah" which I looked and looked for....thought I remembered seeing it somewhere earlier in the summer, but perhaps not. Anyway, I'd love to know what's in it, if anyone has any ideas. Its not something I'd wear--it struck me immediately as a serious scent...as for ritual work or something rather than as a perfume....It starts out with a very strong distinctive scent that is harsh, almost unpleasant, then fades to....pachouli perhaps?

Anyway, I'm very very curious about it. Anyone know anything about it?

Gah tart you lucky ...tart! Head thee over to the review forum and post! It's been ages since we've gotten a new prototype!

And while you're at it...Lampades review! :P

Thanks....I just found your postings...I hadn't tried the search on the forum yet....ok, so actually I didn't know there WAS one.... :P but had searched the BPAL site proper...

I'll say more on the obeah posting...

Thanks....I just found your postings...I hadn't tried the search on the forum yet....ok, so actually I didn't know there WAS one.... :P but had searched the BPAL site proper...

I'll say more on the obeah posting...

It's all good. I searched on BPAL and I searched on the boards and couldn't find anything. A few lovely forumites told me I had a prototype, so that's why we both couldn't find anything on Obeah.

Just thought I'd update you following my saga:

Hadaverde sent me an imp of Bewitched and I LOVE it! But it's not the mystery scent. And, as I said before, it's not Hollywood Babylon or Bon Vivant, either!

So I guess I'm going to have to look at the lotus scents, as quantum spice recommended and order some more imps! :P

Could it be Glitter??

Dragon's Milk also sounds likely.

Ag, now I'm dying of curiosity too!

No, it's definitely not Dragon's Milk. Glitter is a good guess, but I don't smell any pear or white wine. It probably is one of the lotus containing oils, because it is always bubble-gummy at first. Maybe Blood Lotus? Who knows! All I know is, I have to get my hands on some more imps! :P

Could it be Jailbait, as mentioned recently?

You know that's a really good idea! It could be Jailbait !

Could it be Jailbait, as mentioned recently?

You know that's a really good idea! It could be Jailbait !

I wonder! Beth DID say that that would smell like strawberry bubble gum, didn't she! Hmmmmm.....

ETA: Nope, it's not Jailbait either. Or Blood Amber, Blood Lotus or Black Lotus. The mystery remains!

And now you can make it your own--it's for sale!

Edited by Scylla

Well Miss Manners, it seems you got lucky with a yet-to-be-released prototype. :P

How nice...be sure to do a review in the Up and Comings for us and let us know all about it!

Well Miss Manners, it seems you got lucky with a yet-to-be-released prototype.  :P

How nice...be sure to do a review in the Up and Comings for us and let us know all about it!

Oooh, nifty! I'll try to review it in the next few days.

-Jilli

Sounds like Vice to me. Vice had zero chocolate on me. It was all bubble gum and then turned berryish on the drydown. I am thinking you actually do have vice. :P

HTH

Edit to say i jsut read your last comment on this. Woopsie. I really cant help you. I would have said Hollywood Babylon.

Maybe it is Carnivale???

Edited by asa805