Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

Nyx is one of those tricky three-letter words that the search engine won't pick up. She's in the Excolo section.

Here's the description:

Named in honor of the primeval Greek Goddess of Night. A scent reflecting inky black skies and eternal desolation. Night-blooming jasmine, warmed by myrrh, lifted by the promise of rose.

And reviews are here.

Along those lines...

I've just pinned a topic in the main Reviews forum with links to all the too-short-to-search review threads. Alas, because of the setup, it's down at the very very bottom under all the subforums... so I figured I'd put a pointer to it here.

Hope you find it useful. :P

Fun Fact: It is apparently impossible to get Two, Five, and Seven to pop up in search results. Five and Seven both give zero results. Fun for the whole family!

When I want to get search results on something too short to search for, if I can remember any of the listed notes, I just stick those in the search field. For Two, Five, and Seven, I just searched for grass (because rose would have given way too many hits) and it popped up.

I realize that doesn't help people who have never heard of a given scent before, but it works for when I kinda-sorta remember reading a scent description but can't remember all of it and I want to see the full list of notes. And for those scents you've never heard of before, there's always the possibility of sniffing for a recognizable note and searching for that.

I think I've given this way too much thought.

Anybody ever received a naked imp from the Lab? I got an unmarked imp in one of my last few orders, and of course it's driving me crazy that I don't know what it is. I know a description of the notes would probably be helpful but I honestly can't tell what's in there. I am, however, pretty sure what's NOT in it: Rose, violet, anything citrusy or fruity. It's a fairly high, light floral, but not so high as to be like an icepick to the sinuses. Rather rounded, quite smooth. Any suggestions?

Dymphna: Yeah, I can find the review thread (plus I know it's in Mad Tea Party), but trying to find a swap for it is impossible. I don't get it, because both Five and Seven are over the limit for letter. I really ought to take this whine over to the proper thread.

Darklorelei, I believe the search engine won't search for words that are too common..."the" "and" etc...because too many results would be found.

I'm pretty sure that list includes numbers, as well. Which would explain why Two, Five and Seven isn't searchable.

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can help me......

I got a swap a while back with a frimp in it called MIDSUMMER NIGHT. I can't find it anywhere on the forum. Is it even a BPAL oil? I'm not sure

Thanks peeps!

Ouch!

Edited by ouch!

I'm beginning to think it's a random oil from somewhere else, it's vey very manly and smells like shaving foam!! hehe!

Edited by ouch!

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone can help me......

I got a swap a while back with a frimp in it called MIDSUMMER NIGHT. I can't find it anywhere on the forum. Is it even a BPAL oil? I'm not sure

Thanks peeps!

Ouch!

I think from your description on the other thread that you have an oil from Atropa's Cottage, not BPAL.

Ooh, I might go and have a look. Thanks Ms Pollard!!!

Just checked, and it is. Thanks a million!!!!

i got imps of "brittle" and "war" in an imp package from a swap.. i don't have the package (my bf has it at the apartment, i'm out of town), he says they're "fan printed" i.e. don't have the bpal label. but i can't find anything about these. are they nonbpal?? thanks! :P

I received a frimp that I can't find anywhere on the site. I searched for it on here too, and I even looked over the up and coming list. It's Shango. It came straight from the lab, so I know it is bpal. Anyone have any idea what this one is?

ETA:

Oops...I found it under Excolo. Sorry about that...just ignore me. :P

Edited by MissMorbus

I received my order today (yay, 2- 10 mls of Snake Oil-y goodness :P ) and the labbies generously threw in some frimps. I've found all except for one: R'Lyeh. I've tried the search engine, I've scrolled through every review in the forum, and no luck. Anyone able to help me out?

edited for spelling

Edited by Poenari

Help. I got an order from BPAL yesterday. An imp of Yemaya was included. I can't find it on the BPAL website. I'm thinking it is from TAL. Are TAL scents included in BPAL orders? Also, this thread lists Yemaya as TAL version indicating that there is a BPAL version. Which one did I get?

Love the imp!

java script:emoticon(':P',%20'smid_16') :D :D :D

Edited by Icedcaramellatte1

Help. I got an order from BPAL yesterday. An imp of Yemaya was included. I can't find it on the BPAL website. I'm thinking it is from TAL. Are TAL scents included in BPAL orders? Also, this thread lists Yemaya as TAL version indicating that there is a BPAL version. Which one did I get?

Love the imp!

There are no TAL imps from the lab. Check for Yemeya in the Excolo section of the BPAL site.

Love the imp!

There are no TAL imps from the lab. Check for Yemeya in the Excolo section of the BPAL site.

Thank you. The spelling on my imp is Y-e-m-a-y-a. But on the BPAL site it is spelled with an E. This is probably why it didn't turn up when I did a search.

Thanks again.

what is the deal with this???

i saw beth's announcement before and i am guessing it could be directly related

to this auction??

sweet frankincense??

Edited by sookster