Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

I just got a frimp of "Kitchen", which is incredibly foody (yum) - where can I find a review?

(also, WOO Lamia! lol)

Or it could be the Lamia prototype that was sold at a trunk show WAY before the Neverwhere series came out.

Okay, that's good to know. Thanks!

I just got a frimp of "Kitchen", which is incredibly foody (yum) - where can I find a review?

I received such a frimp as well in a decant circle package, but it also says "Solstice Scents LE 2012" on the label so I'm guessing it's from that e-tailer rather than from BPAL. :)

I received such a frimp as well in a decant circle package, but it also says "Solstice Scents LE 2012" on the label so I'm guessing it's from that e-tailer rather than from BPAL. :)

i got a "Master bedroom" from a decant circle with the same solstice label, and i assumed another etailer also.

Reviewing my last post, it may seem like I am advertising SS. I'm not. Was just caught up in the excitement of finding the ingredient lists.

Do sold out scents typically come back? I am in love with The Macabray, would probably love Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues (based on the notes) and my friend would probably do strange and horrible things for a bottle of Antique Lace. Thanks!

Do sold out scents typically come back? I am in love with The Macabray, would probably love Serpents with Glittering Eyes and Forky Tongues (based on the notes) and my friend would probably do strange and horrible things for a bottle of Antique Lace. Thanks!

There were some left over bottles of The Macabray but I think they are all sold now.

Serpents with Glittery Eyes and Forky Tongues was discontinued. Some discontinued scents do pop up on the lab's ebay auctions or on the lab's etsy sales.

Antique Lace was also discontinued and is pretty expensive but not impossible to find because it was already popular when it was 'live'. I don't think the lab has any left though since I haven't seen it on ebay or etsy.

Your best bet is to scour the sales and keep an eye on the labs ebay and etsy sales/auctions. Or post an ISO of course. :D

There were some resurrected scents in the past (Hod, Snake Charmer etc.) but not for the last few years *pout* but you never know...

I received a couple frimps from both the Lab and a swap and Im having a bit of trouble figuring out what they are

Maiden

Dee

O'Hara

Pint O' Stout

help?

I received a couple frimps from both the Lab and a swap and Im having a bit of trouble figuring out what they are

Maiden

Dee

O'Hara

Pint O' Stout

help?

Maiden is from the Ars Armatoria section notes are: A gentle vision of purity, goodness and virtue: white tea, carnation and Damask Rose.

Dee is from the Bewitching Brews section notes are: His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

O'Hara I have never heard of.

Pint O' Stout I have never heard of either.

Maiden

Dee

O'Hara

Pint O' Stout

help?

Maiden is from the Ars Armatoria section notes are: A gentle vision of purity, goodness and virtue: white tea, carnation and Damask Rose.

Dee is from the Bewitching Brews section notes are: His scent is soft English leather, rosewood and tonka with a hint of incense, parchment and soft woods.

O'Hara I have never heard of.

Pint O' Stout I have never heard of either.

Thank you so Much! I think the others may have been from another company or something. You answered my questions wonderfully.

Maiden

Dee

O'Hara

Pint O' Stout

help?

Some creative Googling for the other two suggests that they might both have been scents by Bombshell Bath/Fyrinnae (who I think don't make perfumes any more? but I could be wrong) - I can't find notes for either of them, though, just a description of O'Hara as being similar to BPAL's Miskatonic University, and of Pint O' Stout as being indescribable :x Not too helpful - I hope that at least helps place them, though!

Some creative Googling for the other two suggests that they might both have been scents by Bombshell Bath/Fyrinnae (who I think don't make perfumes any more? but I could be wrong) - I can't find notes for either of them, though, just a description of O'Hara as being similar to BPAL's Miskatonic University, and of Pint O' Stout as being indescribable :x Not too helpful - I hope that at least helps place them, though!

Yeah. They haven't made scents for a greattt many years. Think I started buying from them in '08, and the scents were long gone then. You should have some delicious super aged goodness, by the sounds of it. :)

Found this in relation to a scent being compared to Pint O' Stout:

"In the bottle, FMB is an interesting and complex tobacco/chocolate/coffee/boozey blend. It shares a similarity to Bombshell Bath/Fyrinnae's ancient, long discontinued Pint O'Stout scent, except without POS's sharp mystery note."

The writer also says it kinda smells like a 7-11 coffee bar. :P

Edited by Saffrin

Those are pretty much what they smell like. POS sorta reminds me of a carmel covered apple and a chocolate bar washed down with some sort of alcohol.

Im actually really sad that they are no longer made.

They are very lovely.

Ill just have to hoard them obsessively.

Thanks guys!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but what happened to the Illyria scent Rosalind? People mention it as being discontinued:

http://www.bpal.org/topic/7204-discontinued-and-limited-edition-scents/page__hl__rosalind__st__2525

http://www.bpal.org/topic/783-rosalind/page__st__175

but I've scoured the forum and all my emails from the lab and can't find any reference to it being officially discontinued.

The review thread for it is still located in the Illyria sub-forum, but AFAIK it's been missing from the lab's Illyria page for at least four years:

http://blackphoenixalchemylab.com/product-category/illyria/

The wayback machine last captured it as live on 7 Feb 2010:

http://web.archive.org/web/20100210191405/http://www.blackphoenixalchemylab.com/illyria.html

When I emailed the lab back when I noticed its absence I never heard back.

Does anyone have an answer?

Thank you kindly!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place, but what happened to the Illyria scent Rosalind? People mention it as being discontinued:

Just got confirmation from BPAL customer service:

Thank you for your inquiry. Unfortunately, Rosalind was discontinued some time ago. I apologize for any disappointment or inconvenience this may cause.

Damn. I was hoping it had just been overlooked. :(

I wonder when it happened, because I can't find a discontinuation date...

I know Et Lux Fuit is a discontinued LE, but I got a sniffy of it that was just enough to test. Can anyone tell me what collection it was in so I know how to categorize in my list of scents I've tried? Thanks. :)

Et Lux Fuit was a summer '06 LE and I think possibly an astrology-based blend, as opposed to a collection scent. Back in the day things weren't quite so organized into LE releases as they are now.

I can't afford to have a BPAL habit all the time, so I tune in and out of the update situation for months on end. I must have missed something, but what became of all the Panacea oils? Only TKO seems to have survived, presumably because it's a "beloved favorite" and a heavy seller. Are all the rest discontinued for good? (Oof, Ugh, Grr, etc.)