Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
bloodlotus

Where is this scent?

I was frimped a tester of something called Nowhere in Particular, but I can't find the review thread anywhere. My search abilities are failing me. Anyone know where this would be? (is it even BPAL? I feel like the name sounds familiar, but...)

It's from the Wind in the Willows, a Yule subcategory.

The reviews are here!

Hope this helps!

wub2.gif

Somewhat similar to the first posts in this thread: What happened to The Hesperides? It's not on the lab's page for Bewitching Brews, but I don't see mention on the forums of it being discontinued. Was it accidentally removed?

Somewhat similar to the first posts in this thread: What happened to The Hesperides? It's not on the lab's page for Bewitching Brews, but I don't see mention on the forums of it being discontinued. Was it accidentally removed?

Nope.. sadly, it is discontinued. The announcement was made in July (The Hesperides was one of five GCs discontinued at that time) - you can see it here.

Sorry, that's probably not what you wanted to hear :(

Ahh, okay. None of the scents discontinued that time got moved into the "discontinued scents" area of the forum, it looks like. I was just confused due to that, Google still bringing up the Bewitching Brews page from the lab when searching for it, and none of the more recent reviews mentioned it being discontinued.

Edited by maoric

I forgot to put the link in on my previous post - announcement here.

Ahh, okay. None of the scents discontinued that time got moved into the "discontinued scents" area of the forum, it looks like. I was just confused due to that, Google still bringing up the Bewitching Brews page from the lab when searching for it, and none of the more recent reviews mentioned it being discontinued.

And yeah.. Google is often out of date like that - also usually the mods who look after the Reviews area move the scent to the Discontinued area and add a 'Disc xxx date' to the sub-title of a scent's review thread (like they did on Ether here) but I don't think that's been happening with every discontinued scent recently because I see a few still in their review sub-category of the GC area with no discon date. I know the mods have a lot to keep up with though, so your best option is to check through the Announcements topic if you need to check on anything :smile:

If you happen to find a discontinued GC scent that hasn't had its review thread moved to the discontinued subforum, please report it if you have a minute :D

If you happen to find a discontinued GC scent that hasn't had its review thread moved to the discontinued subforum, please report it if you have a minute :D

The Atomic Luau Lounge :biggrin: .

Hi all!

Just got my eBay purchases from the Lab and they sent me frimps! :joy: I can find all of the reviews for them except one. OBS - BPAL Food Drive November 2010

A little help?

Many thanks! :wub2:

Look for OPS instead!

Oh, now It makes sense! Yay! Thanks.

It's happened to me at least twice. It's hard to read the label.

Can anyone find the review thread for this year's Frederic? I don't know if my search is just fritzing up - I can find the 2008 one.

Can anyone find the review thread for this year's Frederic? I don't know if my search is just fritzing up - I can find the 2008 one.

When there are rereleases like this, all versions are usually part of the same thread. This one is a little different because the original was forum-only, but there does not seem to be a thread for the new version, so I'm thinking that the old thread would be the right place for the new incarnation.

If you're ready to review it, you could just post your review in the original Frederic thread and report the post. If the review mods are going to start a new thread for the current version, they can send your post to the new thread when it is created.

They get their own thread when they refomulate.

Yes, you are right about that. My point is just that if you are anxious to review the new version of Frederic, go ahead and post it in the old thread and report your post. When the review mods make the new thread (in fact, if they are off schedule creating new threads this will remind them), they can move your review of the new version to the new thread. Or was there something I am missing? This won't help you if you are just interested in reading new reviews, of course.

Yes, you are right about that. My point is just that if you are anxious to review the new version of Frederic, go ahead and post it in the old thread and report your post. When the review mods make the new thread (in fact, if they are off schedule creating new threads this will remind them), they can move your review of the new version to the new thread. Or was there something I am missing? This won't help you if you are just interested in reading new reviews, of course.

I've also been haunting the forum, waiting for Fredrick reviews. I want to post and read other opinions. I guess we should all just hop on the older version, and let them separate it out later.

I did leave a message for the review moderators about Frederic, so they won't be confused about what we've chatted about.

Oh, I agree. I was just trying to clarify when new threads show up for the same scent name.

I think I've lost my marbles. According to my notes when I placed a Yule order back in November 2010 I ordered a bottle of Mother Ginger, I've got the notes I made on testing it so I clearly received the scent, but I can't find it anywhere on the bpal.org/search or going through the review section. I apologise if I'm being amazingly dense, but can any body point me in the right direction?

I think I've lost my marbles. According to my notes when I placed a Yule order back in November 2010 I ordered a bottle of Mother Ginger, I've got the notes I made on testing it so I clearly received the scent, but I can't find it anywhere on the bpal.org/search or going through the review section. I apologise if I'm being amazingly dense, but can any body point me in the right direction?

Here you go - link

Here you go - link

Thank you, I knew I was just being slow